• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection to the server has been lost.

334 posts in this topic

Posted

Centurylink here, and once again, the nightly dc's... Whenever I switch to a 2 channel (due to node wars) it seems to start the ball rolling.. but not always, as picking a 1 channel does it too. Switching char does it quite often nowadays, seems the last couple wks I've not been able to stay on for very long at all (log in, dc in two minutes, no other chars, just npcs I can't talk to). Got to play for three hrs today, so I really can't complain :) Will switch over to playing GW2 tongiht until I can get back ingame. Good luck all, hoping to see a resolution to this.

Posted

Okay Daum, if you could please just answer two simple questions. 

1. Are you even aware that this is happening?

2. Do you ever intend to do ANYTHING about it, or are you just going to say "it's not on our end, call your ISP."?

Has it is now, this game is unplayable. Sometimes it takes several tries just to feed my workers before I'm disconnected, not to mention trying to do anything else in-game.

I at least would like to know if this will ever be fixed or if I should just uninstall? Right now the HDD space is worth more then this game, which is a shame. 

Posted

In the past month, I have been getting DCd every night.  Before the beginning of July, I could stay logged on with no issues.  I have also tried using battle ping, ping zapper, etc. to no avail.

Posted (edited)

CenturyLink customer here.  I was on the verge of buying the $30 version, but I decided to track down one of those free 7 day giveaway passes just to be sure, and now i'm having this problem.

The game looks really good, been watching it for a long time and waiting for release.  Now i'm having this problem.  It looks like a great game, but it doesn't work for me.  I can't even get through making a single character in the creator before I get D/C.

Edited by d880

Posted

I use Time Warner cable. Problem started around April, it got to the point where I couldn't even get passed char select without a DC. 2 routers, 3 modems later and I still can't stay on for anymore then a few hours at best.

My best educated guess would be this is another side effect of the shitshow that is Xingcode3. It is the only IP we can't tracert to see if it's failing or if some the hops are flagged as a malware/botnet. If the heartbeat from Xingcode3 fails the result is, you guessed it, disconnect with no error message. 

Posted

Going on since the node wars patch, I have been waking up to disconnects or my character standing next to my horse instead of autopathing (training in town) or my character will be autopathing into the wall with my autopath still set and party invites on decline. I never had this problem before until the node wars patch. The patch right before valencia fixed it then valencia screwed it up again...

Posted (edited)

I logged into my main in Altinova fine, I then switched over to one of my alts in Velia and could not stay logged in. When I get these disconnects it happens more during node wars. Some times I swear deleting the user cache files helps. Tonight it just would not let me play, short of paying for WTFast it's just impossible to play during these node war peak hours. I've sent all my information and did all the test with the support here and the best they could say was packet loss on my end and call my provider. I passed this information over to Centurylink and nothing has been done about it. There was packet loss even with WTFast, but even with the packet loss though it does not explain why the client drops my connection rather than trying to continue loading up. I feel I've done my part to fix this. Daum can contact Centurylink and ask them what's up. Every night I can't connect to BDO is a night I'm playing another game.  

Edited by Solaroxy

Posted

After sifting through the shit in this thread, I failed to find a fix for this issue. Is there one? This happened to me a few weeks ago during the DDoS attack and now it's happening again. Can a Dev, CM or some one that knows why this is happening please inform us?

Posted (edited)

Still getting frequently disconnected on U2 (can't stay connected for more than an hour or so.  The use of U1 channels or a VPN seems to help.

Several of my friends have just quit playing all together due to this issue as they refuse to pay for VPN service to play BDO.

Edited by Natebert

Posted (edited)

What vpn are.good to use to get a good connection? When I tracert the EU-server the 13 hop is always timed out is this the forewall/xigncode? The 14th and last one is the game server.

Edited by Wodur

Posted

This is getting ridiculous guys, going along in my boat all is cool.... <Disconnect> .... dam node wars must have started, sure enough log back in node wars is on. Now the 5 min disconnects begin.. and don't stop until node wars are over. if you can't run node wars without ruining the game for the rest of us then you need to remove them until you can either make your network and servers run correctly or put them on a separate server/network. Also make that stupid node wars overlay on the world map closable I don't give a rats arse about node wars and do not appreciate a fifth of my map screen being covered by something that does not interest me in any way.

Posted

No one should have to manipulate VPN's or any of that nonsense.  FIX THIS.  I've lost Cartian Scrolls because of this.

Posted

I just got the game to play with my friends. It's September and I'm having the same issues everyone in this thread had. Really feels like I wasted money on a character creator since that's the only content I have access to right now.

Posted

No one should have to manipulate VPN's or any of that nonsense.  FIX THIS.  I've lost Cartian Scrolls because of this.

If you have to use a VPN connection to fix your issue, it's not the server/hosts problem lmao.

Y'all need to learn some networking basics.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tried rapidly pressing esc and enter at the end of the little running guy loading screen. It worked for a second and I could hear the black guy talking but then the game just closed out. I'm running the game on the lowest settings right now and still no luck.

Posted

The issues from the weekend are ongoing yet and the douchebags don't even acknowledge it.

Posted

I have no idea how people are able to play right now, the disconnecting is frequent and connection is terrible.

Aka I also have this issue.

Posted

It's so stupid..

Posted (edited)

It's almost like what happened yesterday with serveral (not many) websites and MMO patchers being inaccessible for 4-5 hours.  Today though, it just seems to be affecting the Black Desert website and game.  Not so much the website now though, but I'm still having trouble staying logged in within the game, but at the very least I can log into the game now.

Edited by Ruhan

Posted

I have the same issue and it's September the 24th. I bought the game 1 week ago and i could play since yesterday, then this error popped up and i couldn't do anything since that. I did nothing actually, i just turned off my computer, then turned it on again yesterday etvoilà, the error popped up. I tried every solution, nothing worked for me.

Posted

For those that are having trouble, try this:

http://pastebin.com/CRR5Hib5

It's a fix for those with lots of packet loss. The server will kick you because of it.

Posted

What this tells me is the BDO network is not set up correctly. Why the fark should I have to change my system that world with the rest of the planets IT systems!!!

Oh and by the way, I lost about 8% of level 56 because of shit server lag yesterday. That would be NA night time. Rather pissed off. EDAN.

Posted

For those that are having trouble, try this:

http://pastebin.com/CRR5Hib5

It's a fix for those with lots of packet loss. The server will kick you because of it.

Tried all of this and it still ends up with the same conclusion....

Posted

Tried all of this and it still ends up with the same conclusion....

me too :(

Posted

Servers just keep getting worse and worse for me. weeks back I could play for days without logging off, without a single server connection lost, but as the weeks go by, the servers are getting worse for me. I started crashing every couple days at Velia, so I moved and it was fine, then heidel started crashing like a week later after Sorc awakening was released. I was fine outside of safe zones, if I would fish alone with nobody around, I wouldn't crash. Then came giant awakening, now I crash even in wide open spaces with nobody around and have been getting the "Pearl Abyss" black screen problem since giant awakening too.