• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection to the server has been lost.

334 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Welp, looks like the server merge just made shit worse.

Now I can't connect to any server without being disconnected a minute or two after logging in. My character loads in as normal, the game world takes about 30 to 50 seconds to load in, and then I can actually interact with it. A couple of 30-50 seconds later I get dc'd. This happens consistently

Way to have shitty servers Kakao, can't you do anything right?

Yep, having the exact same problem. I connect to the server (any channel), load in, then it won't let me do anything, skills don't get off cooldown, can't get on a horse, then after a minute or 2 it just disconnects.

Edit - deleting cache did not fix or improve the issue.

Edited by Sharpe

Posted

Anothert 1 here, the GM tells me its my pc fault or internet, but no, this connection lost only happends in bdo. As streamer im, maybe i quit de game soon if KAKAO dont fix this.

With merge, i have connection lost every 2-10 min.

Posted

Anothert 1 here, the GM tells me its my pc fault or internet, but no, this connection lost only happends in bdo. As streamer im, maybe i quit de game soon if KAKAO dont fix this.

With merge, i have connection lost every 2-10 min.

Maybe do a shit review of the games faults?

Maybe bad publicity will be the only thing to make these guys wake up?

Posted

So i just want to write something that i noticed crawling through these kind of treads. Many of us are experiencing a disconnect after 10 seconds on being online.

The fix to THIS and i don't know if to anything else is following.

Log in and start running outside of any crowded area (For all people logging in Calpheon or whatever major city). -----ing Sonic the hell out of there and it may take you 2-3 tries depending on how far you are from the entrance, finally you wont get a 10 second dc from login.

I have no other working method for this unfortunately and i am intending to write a ticket about this but there are more people who have gotten this to work using the same method.

NB: Remember to log out outside of any crowded area from now on until they fix this!

Good luck and hope you can play!

Posted

I had these issues really bad a couple months back and ended up having to run a VPN just to stay connected. Eventually it leveled out some where I could stay connected on most Whateverchannel#1 channels. I built a new system and tried and was able to get on/stay on all channels. Ever since the Christmas patch, the disconnects have been back. It doesn't matter what channel or character. If I log in during the morning, I can stay on all day. But God forbid I change a character or log off at all in the evening - I'll never get back on to stay.

I am so sick of this.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm not sure the exact cause, but whether this is the server / game software or it's the infrastructure, the game client loses syncronisation with the server. The client can't hold context with server. It loses it's state of comms.

There are many scenarios for disconnections but mostly I believe it's this desync issue.

I can log into the server on my first character and all seems fine. Chat scrolls through etc. But then I swap characters and the GUI just sits there static. No chat updates, no AH updates nothing. And then I get DC'd

Or it'll sit there for a minute of so static and then all of a sudden I get a very fast update to the chat and it all scrolls past quickly catching up.

I can get DC's pressing forward when riding. I can get DC'd auto riding.

Matter of fact I can get DC'd pretty much any way. But I think it has to do with losing communication state.

No one can advise why early morning my time is relatively fine, but evenings my time it all turns to shite.

Posted

I'm having the same problem.

Posted (edited)

Has any certain fix been found at all, I've not really played this game since launch (picked it up for a while a few months ago) but I dropped it because it was really busy and just bombed my frame rate. I keep getting this problem as well but I get temp barred from different channels and it wont allow to join other channels when the barring has worn out, this is really frustrating.

Edit: worth noting that the whole client is shut down once it DC's and haven't been able to get into the game yet.

Edit 2: I cleared cache and that didn't work but then I tried switching server on the character select screen to the same one I selected before. That seems to have got me into the game.

Edited by NanoHound

Posted

getting DC every 2min

Posted

I am able to get onto the game consistently after following some of the tips some people gave in previous comments but still having huge issues when It comes to actually staying on the game. I manage to log in and run around for about 30 seconds and then get disconnected from the game server. At this point now I am just trying over and over to see if it just because it is around peak hours as my game was working fine earlier but even when trying far less stacked channels I am still getting disconnected. It's pretty upsetting and I am actually really loving this game at the moment which I do not often find in MMORPG games. 

I hope someone can come to a permanent fix to this problem whether it is on our side or theirs. I hope the best for everyone also struggling with this and if they could inform me of new ways they managed to fix the problem it would be much appreciated.

Posted

I'm getting the occasional disconnect, maybe once every few hours.  It wouldn't be more than a minor annoyance, except occasionally the disconnect happens when I'm in the middle of a fight.  I die and lose the EXP I was trying to farm in the first place.

About 90% of my deaths involve either a loading screen or a CTD.  I think I've legit died by biting off more than I can chew once, and even then there was some rubber-banding.

What's the point in playing the game if the enemies are Dynasty Warriors level stupid-easy, but the server kills you just often enough that you can't even grind?

Posted

I am having the same problem too, the black spirit loading bar goes 100%, then "Connection with server lost".

Posted

Doesn't seem like we can do much, since it really seems to be a problem on their side. Even if not all of us are having the problems, quite a lot of people are.
And they had fixed it before.. for a very short while until the christmas update somehow seemed to mess it up again. :(

Posted

Unfortunately, the bad part is that when you submit a ticket, they're right back to blaming anything else: your ISP, your modem, router, etc. They did the exact same to me before (when this thread had been started) and eventually came forward admitting there seemed to be a problem. They took info, tried some things (no idea what) and the complaints about the disconnects died down. I personally saw my connectivity go back to stable, and it stayed that way until the Christmas patch. Now I can guarantee when I will DC. If I am already online when evening hits, and do not do ANYTHING that logs me out, changes characters, or changes channels, I can stay on and play like normal. But if I do any of those things, I will go into the DC loop until after midnight EST.

But yeah - I'm still being told it's my router, as if it looks out the window when I do something IN GAME and says, "Oops, time to shit the bed!" Or my ISP somehow monitors what I do in game and goes, "Nope. No changing of characters allowed after 7pm. Spam dc inc."

On that note, if anyone knows a way to elevate a ticket past the cut & paste monkeys at the bottom tier, that'd be great.

Posted

I have the solution!!I spent 2 days but i got it!! I accept donates,feel free to contact me  here through message!First of al l at control panel make pc effects go away!maximum performance at system settings,run game  as admin ,i mean login and then go to task manager and make blackdesert64.exe process "real time priority".then press connect to server in channels.DO NOT alt tab,wait to splash screen and when you char appears in game MOVE RIGHT AWAY with awsd.THERE YOU GO!!

Posted

Doesn't work for me too, same problem, really need a fix.

Posted

When are they gonna fix this problem cause i really wanna play this game, but I can't even load in what the hell -.-

Posted (edited)

Update for you guys, this problem happen in majority of cases when you use a wi-fi / wireless connection, because wifi can't provide a constant data flux and when have peaks it disconnect you, you have to set a bandwith limit to get your connection more stable, or developers can fix the client connection

Update: Not working anymore

Edited by Enie

Posted

I am not running off of wifi

Posted (edited)

I have almost the same problem. The game launches fine, i am able to select server and connect with my character. However, i get dc'ed 10 seconds after i log in. The weird part is that i noticed my router losing connectivity when i enter the game. It looks like the game absorbing too much data, causing my internet connection to shut down....

This is unbelievable and sways many players to drop off the game, especialy new players like me (this is the 2nd day of playing the game).

Edited by KoRnStyleZ

Posted (edited)

Issue is back, not fixed anymore

Edited by Enie

Posted

Getting constant dc's since patch today. After 6 Logintrys now I give up... Its not only the disconnects but if the game shuts down it takes an eternity to start again...

Posted (edited)

Haven't been able to play now for over a month, since November. I'm going to wait out the Holiday Events and hope that soon as that is over and school comes back that I can get back into the game. Funny thing is... near the end of November just before I was constantly being disconnected from the game I came very close to considering using the Pearl Shop for the first time.

Now I'm glad that I decided to hold off for Christmas. Didn't purchase any pearls, and I won't be doing any purchasing in the near future.

Edited by Samantha B

Posted

So i've had this problem for almost 2 weeks now. Yesterday, i tried changing my password and i got in. I don't know if i was just lucky though. You guys should try it too.

Posted

Guys look at the date of the first post detailing this very same problem, if they were going to fix this issue then it would have been done by now.

With all the patches and hot fixes since launch, this still hasn't been taken care of.

it's a pity that it is a good game of decent depth but not stable enough to enjoy for an extended period of time.

Here's to hoping that a new year brings finalisation to this ongoing hurdle and gaming frustration.