• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection to the server has been lost.

334 posts in this topic

Posted

I think they are trying to fix it, as for it keeps getting either worse or better from time to time. But a permanent fix might be impossible, yeah.. Let's hope they'll manage somehow though. 

Posted

I had these issues really bad a couple months back and ended up having to run a VPN just to stay connected. Eventually it leveled out some where I could stay connected on most Whateverchannel#1 channels. I built a new system and tried and was able to get on/stay on all channels. Ever since the Christmas patch, the disconnects have been back. It doesn't matter what channel or character. If I log in during the morning, I can stay on all day. But God forbid I change a character or log off at all in the evening - I'll never get back on to stay.

I am so sick of this.

It's been especially horrible for me the past couple of months, pretty consistently. And it definitely feels like it's worse at specific times of day. I'll be fine actively playing or AFK most of the day, but try to change characters or return from AFK after that magic hour, the game will spend 1-2 minutes trying to re-sync everything up, finally catch back up and act like things are operating smoothly, then result in a disconnect. I won't be able to log on successfully or play after that for a while.

It's DEFINITELY not always been this bad, for me. Up until a couple months ago, I was playing the game both actively and AFK, with it running nearly 24/7 on my PC, and disconnects or desync issues were extremely rare. It's very frustrating how consistent it's become though, and I've got no idea what's causing it, or if there's anything I can do about it.

Posted

Glad to see I'm not the only one that's having this issue. I am a new player (about a week in) and it seems every evening, 4-10pst, I have a lot of disconnections but in the morning or if i leave the game on over night it seems I don't have any disconnects. I haven't read through all 9 pages but it seems that its their servers being overloaded with people and requests. I doubt its that simple but just from my prospective. Love the game! just wish I didn't have to restart the game 10 times in the evening when I'm playing the most.

Posted

That's a shame, i as you guys have spent money to buy that game and i can't take hours on relogging because that servers are buggy as hell, that discussion was open from 1 Mar 2016 and we don't have a fix or any help from developers..

Update: In the maintime they fix it you can bypass this error using a VPN like CyberGhost

From support:

Check log files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\Log

If you found

[DATA::HOUR]    [MSG] 02 socket connect errorr : 10060

[DATA::HOUR]    [MSG] 02 socket connect errorr : 10060

This error may related to a network problem, try the following steps to fix it:

Windows 10:
Go to settings, click "Network and Internet", click "Proxy" turn off all settings.

Windows 7:
Click "Start", click "Control Panel", click "Network and Internet", click "Internet Options", click the "Connections" tab, click "LAN Settings", turn off all options.

Power cycle modem/router: Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router. Power down and unplug the modem and the router if you're using one. Plug in and turn on the modem and router, and allow them to completely boot up until the front panel connection lights on the modem show a steady connection.

Disable antivirus

Disable firewall

If using Wifi connection, switch to wired connection if possible

Turn off any VPN or ping booster

Make sure your router, firewall, ISP is not blocking the ports 8888 and 9991 - 9993 - You can check it there: http://portquiz.net:8888/ If you can see the homepage - it's okay. If you can't see it - you have your 8888 and 9991 - 9993 port blocked by router/firewall/ISP.

In Windows Go to settings, click "Network and Internet", click "Proxy" turn off all settings.

Suggested to try it without the router (ie: plug your net cable directly to your computer) to make sure it's not a router related problem.

Suggested to check your network connection (speed and latency) and compare it with your internet subscription speed. If the difference is too much - you have 1mbit upload in the test and 10 mbit on the ISP contract - suggested to call your ISP and ask them about the problem.

http://www.speedtest.net/

We have an alternate download available for use. It is recommended that you use a download manager to get faster speeds and the ability to pause/resume.

Please follow the steps in the article linked below, let us know if that fixes your issue!

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210746789-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online

Posted

Anyone experiencing it got even worse after the recent patch?
Now my game keeps disconnecting either instantly or almost instantly. The website of Black Desert also isn't working for me often for some reason.. while it does just work for other people at the same time I try to open it. So that is weird, as for you'd think it wouldn't have anything to do with it..

Posted (edited)

I can't stay connected more than 10 minutes at a time. This started this morning. I've tried my old failsafe, Pingzapper, and even that's not allowing me to stay connected. Going to try the suggestions in the post 2 above and see if that works. 

Update: 
This is the step that worked for me, and seem to be staying connected now:

Windows 10:
Go to settings, click "Network and Internet", click "Proxy" turn off all settings.

Another update: Nope, still getting disconnected. 

Edited by ༼༻༒༺༽

Posted

I can stay online only using a vpn and after last patch having fps drops to 0.. well patched, very well patched.

Posted

Here's the logic:

Black desert is the ONLY application I have issues with. Any other games are fine. Downloading is fine. Browsing is fine.

Stop with this bullshit about check your router, my ISP, my ports, holding my tongue to the left when I launch the game.

IT IS THE GAME or THE HOSTING!!

1 person likes this

Posted

So uh... any chance on getting this fixed? EVER? 

Posted

Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder.

• Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck.
  • Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files.

This might help not 100% sure as of I'm repairing my files right now.

Posted

Wow, this problem has been there for nearly a WHOLE YEAR without getting fixed. You'd start to think they don't care...-_- I hope someone out there is able to fix this problem although I highly doubt it, because if no one has been able to figure out the cause of this during the entire year, I think they've done everything they could think of...

Posted

I had the same problem on my Laptop but after using Wifi connection instead of LAN Cable it disappeared(hope it lasts so)

By using LAN connection i got a kick every 10 Seconds ingame.

Hope this helps anyone

Posted (edited)

Whatever today's patch was, has rendered it unplayable for me. I managed about 30 mins logged in before and now I've tried to log back in 5 times in the last 30 mins and not even managed to stay connected long enough to collect today's reward.

It was always very poor, with massive lag and rubber-banding etc but this is enough now.

Edited by Tacu

Posted

Ran fine for 2 days, now I'm getting this disconnection 10 seconds after login non stop (when I'm able to log in).  Tried EU server, runs just fine considering I live in Cali.  I see this issue has been going on for some time... wish I had noticed before I put any time or money into this...  guess ill look a lil more for a fix, then ill look for a new pass time.

Posted

Just got a guest pass and am unable to play. It says connection to server has been lost when im in the middle of creating my character.

Posted

Honestly, this is infuriating. I've had this problem since the server merge. Well, it wasnt as bad when they merged the servers, id probably get disconnected every few couple of days, but with more patches and updates, it gets increasingly worse where i can't get on the damn game at all. It went from a few disconnects, to more frequent disconnects, to disconnecting every few minutes, and then eventually get to the point where i get "Failed to Connect". I know that its NOT me, even with my shetty internet, because i never encountered this type of problem with any other game. It's just BDO that's doing this.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've had this issue since last march! They said it was my end but I was able to play the Alpha and CBT 2 with no issues at all. It's clearly their end.

I keep picking up the game every few months to try and see if it works, but nothing.

Edited by Chrys

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I sent a ticket about this issue a few days back and I have got a reply. (This happened a few days ago but I was sick so I couldn't do any of it until now). So in this email I got, they asked me to download a program so that they could take a look at my log files and some additional data about my PC and internet connection. I'm currently downloading this program and I'll update on here as soon as I have more information.

I just sent a mail back with all the info I gathered, I'll update again once I have a reply.

Edited by ChibiNekos
1 person likes this

Posted

ok i found a solution to my problem i am using speedyfi a vpn u can try it for free also on me worked i don't get disconnected when i log in  anymore :D

Posted

never happened before. started yesterday for me.

i joined the club.

1 person likes this

Posted

i've been triying to play this game for hours and no way. connection to server has been lost. im playing from Spain and triying  to log in in the EU server . it always happend after the load screen. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep, this started for me randomly about 3 days ago.  Game is un-playable.  There is no fix.  I've done extensive work with GM's on fixing the issue and collected a lot of data, followed all their instructions.  Nothing has worked.  Just seemed to have come out of no where.  Sucks to be us, but I would def. say there is no fix at the moment, only luck that you don't get disconnected quickly on occasion. 

Posted

Look This thread is the same problem...

Posted

I have your same problem.
The problem started two weeks ago, before I never had problems.
I made all the checks, and tried all the various guides solutions.

Lag incredible, I have a delay of 2 - 3 seconds constant.
To change character once loaded I can not talk to any NPG, the chat is blocked, I do not see any other person.
30/40 seconds passed BDO disconnects me....

Posted

This thread is like a year old, stop necro'ing it people!