• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger in BDO

51 posts in this topic

Posted

So I've always played ranger in any MMORPG for example: archeage, but lately I've been reading a lot about how hard the leveling is and its only good end game. Is there anyone here who played ranger who can confirm this or is it somewhere mid game also stronger ? 

Posted (edited)

For pve? as its just kiting, for pvp its just kiting. One of the most unoriginal classes in an mmo but is op in some pvp situations. Think of the archeage primeval for grinding.

Edited by Jether

Posted

Before level 41 rangers suck from what I heard but getting to 41 doesn't take very long. I think its because they lack the skills to combo and lower the cast time on other skills.

Posted

For pve? as its just kiting, for pvp its just kiting. One of the most unoriginal classes in an mmo but is op in some pvp situations. Think of the archeage primeval for grinding.

Did you actually play the class? Cause what you state there is more an overal opinion of you on the archer class in every MMO

Posted

The bread and butter skill for PvE is Ceaseless Fire. It is a move that leaves you immobile for a few second duration that rapid fires arrows and causes a fairly small circle of AOE damage. Thus, it is important to tightly pack the mobs. This skill does the most DPS of any ranger skill and gains back near equal amounts of mana comparatively to its expenditure. It's given fairly early in the game.

The second really good PvE ranger skill (Evasive Explosion Shot) is given much much later in the game (late 40's) and it features a much larger AOE area, jump back kite ability and an initial knockdown. I like comboing this skill first, then a ceaseless fire to kill harder mobs.

Posted (edited)

Before level 41 rangers suck from what I heard but getting to 41 doesn't take very long. I think its because they lack the skills to combo and lower the cast time on other skills.

what have you heard about why they don't suck at 41? Currently at lvl 26 ranger and it does suck lvling slow,but am still somewhat new to the combat system.Kiting is cheesy easy but when you get 7 mobs and 1 or more range, its a pile of sh#t

Edited by Jesuschrist

Posted

Did you actually play the class? Cause what you state there is more an overal opinion of you on the archer class in every MMO

Tried it on the Russian branch and i wasnt impressed. Seemed to simple for me. Also i dont enjoy playing female characters. It reminded me kf playing a primeval in archeage which i hated before switching to a hexblade despite not being as op as i used to be. So i can safely say it reminds me of a primeval. It also irks me that the arrows are all auto aim , tera balanced magic and archers somewhat by making them have to lead shots and such but not here.

Posted

Tried it on the Russian branch and i wasnt impressed. Seemed to simple for me. Also i dont enjoy playing female characters. It reminded me kf playing a primeval in archeage which i hated before switching to a hexblade despite not being as op as i used to be. So i can safely say it reminds me of a primeval. It also irks me that the arrows are all auto aim , tera balanced magic and archers somewhat by making them have to lead shots and such but not here.

Alright so your problem with the archer class is that its slow and boring with no combos?

Posted

It also irks me that the arrows are all auto aim , tera balanced magic and archers somewhat by making them have to lead shots and such but not here.

Disable soft lock in the option settings then. 

Posted

Alright so your problem with the archer class is that its slow and boring with no combos?

Even with combos its boring to me. Just seems a very uninspired class. While it will have a melee mode with its awakening ima stick to my zerker which has been my fav so far. 

Posted

Ranger is OP on mass PVP but as someone said,it's boring.

I'm archer fan,i play with Archer in every MMO but ranger in BDO is boring if u compare with Blader,Wizard (i hate wizard but wizard in BDO is awesome),Tamer,Ninja.

Posted

Ranger is OP on mass PVP but as someone said,it's boring.

I'm archer fan,i play with Archer in every MMO but ranger in BDO is boring if u compare with Blader,Wizard (i hate wizard but wizard in BDO is awesome),Tamer,Ninja.

May I ask you name wizard that was one of my last choices, do you have any video or experience on him/her on why you choice wizard to be an awesome class above other clases?

Posted

what have you heard about why they don't suck at 41? Currently at lvl 26 ranger and it does suck lvling slow,but am still somewhat new to the combat system.Kiting is cheesy easy but when you get 7 mobs and 1 or more range, its a pile of sh#t

copied this from another forum

Since PVP is confirmed to start at level 20 for alpha , and the cap is 30 , its gonna be ALOT different , for example Ranger isnt going to be the same because no Extreme Evasive shot , Ranger doesnt really become ranger until level 41.

So at level 30 based on your experience what class will be the strongest in alpha PVP ?

Posted

copied this from another forum

Since PVP is confirmed to start at level 20 for alpha , and the cap is 30 , its gonna be ALOT different , for example Ranger isnt going to be the same because no Extreme Evasive shot , Ranger doesnt really become ranger until level 41.

So at level 30 based on your experience what class will be the strongest in alpha PVP ?

This won't apply for Beta. PvP starts at 30 and cap is 50.99.

So yes, Ranger will have all the necessary skills in the CBTs

Posted

This won't apply for Beta. PvP starts at 30 and cap is 50.99.
So yes, Ranger will have all the necessary skills in the CBTs

That's quite usefull information I  will use my CBT 2 acces as pass to try and play ranger and see if I like it 

Posted

That's quite usefull information I  will use my CBT 2 acces as pass to try and play ranger and see if I like it 

its really not bad or anything

youre just not OP the moment you make the character.

definitely worth a shot, especially if thats the class that you like.

Posted

its really not bad or anything

youre just not OP the moment you make the character.

definitely worth a shot, especially if thats the class that you like.

Yes it did catch my eye at the beginning, but it isn't about op or weak, It's more about fun for me, sure being good in the endgame is a +1 for me but its more about fun for me at the beginning.

Posted

Yes it did catch my eye at the beginning, but it isn't about op or weak, It's more about fun for me, sure being good in the endgame is a +1 for me but its more about fun for me at the beginning.

its definitely fun

for me though, i found the witch and valkyrie to be more my style

Posted

its definitely fun

for me though, i found the witch and valkyrie to be more my style

Alright dude, thanks I will stick with archer for now ;) seems like the best fit for me right now.

Posted

They mentioned they will be re-balancing Ranger (and other classes) so that early pvp wizard isn't the only one with it's full kit so early. Leveling may be a completely different experience NA / EU than it has been anywhere else. Ranger doesn't get easy to grind with until 41 but I am guessing it will be a lot sooner with the changes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm also interested in playing a ranger (currently I'm choosing between the wizard, sorc, and ranger). The gameplay does look a bit boring though as I've always enjoyed rangers with a pet class similar to Hunters in WoW (Tamer doesn't really suit my fancy). I'll be trying out as much as I can in CBT1 so if you don't have access I can definitely give you my thoughts about the Ranger class after the beta is over (I've played my Hunter for 11 years now so I guess you can say I know what makes Archer classes fun..?). If you're interested just let me know :)

Posted

Alright dude, thanks I will stick with archer for now ;) seems like the best fit for me right now.

its always best to stick with what you like!

even if others says it isnt the best, if you haven played it then you should always see for yourself

They mentioned they will be re-balancing Ranger (and other classes) so that early pvp wizard isn't the only one with it's full kit so early. Leveling may be a completely different experience NA / EU than it has been anywhere else. Ranger doesn't get easy to grind with until 41 but I am guessing it will be a lot sooner with the changes.

wizard and witch get ridiculously OP with like 4 skills so i can see that being necessary

Posted

Even with combos its boring to me. Just seems a very uninspired class. While it will have a melee mode with its awakening ima stick to my zerker which has been my fav so far. 

It's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally am so bored of slow moving archers that rely on CC from really old games that I'm excited for BDO. However, I thought berserker (giant) was a really boring class because you just faceroll and spin and heal - which I've played for a long time in other games.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Posted

even if others says it isnt the best, if you haven played it then you should always see for yourself

wizard and witch get ridiculously OP with like 4 skills so i can see that being necessary

Are you talking about the 6 second interuptable nuke attacks like meteor? Because you have to be in a decent group to pull one of those off without getting hit.

Posted (edited)

Not talking about that type of balancing. Just early kit acquirement.

At least this is my interpretation. I don't think they would make them stronger early levels. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by Locket