• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger in BDO

51 posts in this topic

Posted

It's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally am so bored of slow moving archers that rely on CC from really old games that I'm excited for BDO. However, I thought berserker (giant) was a really boring class because you just faceroll and spin and heal - which I've played for a long time in other games.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

If you watch pvp videos people rarely spin. Thats just for grinding. And a bunch of other classes have their spammable aoes.

Posted

Are you talking about the 6 second interuptable nuke attacks like meteor? Because you have to be in a decent group to pull one of those off without getting hit.

fireball can be cast without the actual cast time needing to complete actually, so sticking a double fireball, then throwing in a solid shank and moving to chain lightings combo could be done in the same amount of time it would take if you didnt know you could cancel the cast time

Posted

If you watch pvp videos people rarely spin. Thats just for grinding. And a bunch of other classes have their spammable aoes.

Did I say pvp?

Posted

I plan to try out Ranger, so I'm honestly loving all these theories to read on them!

Posted

Did I say pvp?

Almost all classes are boring to grind with so pvp is the only thing relevant.

Actually idk a fun one.

Posted

Almost all classes are boring to grind with so pvp is the only thing relevant.

Actually idk a fun one.

Again, that is your opinion. You are entitled to it.

Posted

Again, that is your opinion. You are entitled to it.

Yep my opinion.

Posted

An MMORPG without a Archer class (in my opinion) would be kind of lacking and for some people, they have an itch only archers can scratch. Valkyrie is still my no. 1 though ;) 

armstrong 2.jpg

Posted

and you will agree with him soon...lol the pve is not fun in this game...it's like going to L2 and saying I'm here for the pve, let me start my 2 year grind!!

Oh come on lineage 2 pve was fun for a good amount of time.(The drama the people trying to bring trains of mobs to you so you will die by mobs. People attacking you because there fighting for said pve spot.) Then again your opinion it was not.

Posted

Hi Wovami:) 

My advice to you is to play the character you enjoy the most. Even if it's not the most OP or whatever. Truth is, if you seek answers from other players, you'll get bias answers. It's no one's fault, but they are going to tell you how THEY feel about the class. You can make a class good if you play it enough and practice.

I would try the different classes for myself and make a decision based on how the flow goes for me. To someone else, they might not enjoy what I enjoy.

Ifor you are interested in the ranger, I'd look up videos and see what it's like in game. The PvE and PvP.

video I found is a tad bit outdated but it gives you an idea:)

I'm looking forward to this game. See you there! :D 

Posted

Ranger is fine past level 41, which doesn't take long. It also does pretty well with suboptimal gear, unlike classes like Kunoichi, which depend on having stupidly high damage.

Quoting myself from the Ranger Forums (in which you might want to consider exploring):

I'll try to explain.

Rangers have many different skills - skills for damage, skills for control, skills for AoE, skills to dodge, etc. However, these are all very clunky skills. They don't flow well together, they don't combo efficiently, and they take way too long to do. That is, until you hit level 41.

At level 41, you can learn "Extreme Evasive Shot". While it counts a skill, its used more like a passive. It lets you chain together skills, making them faster, more fluid, and more easily comboed together. This increases your overall damage, speed, and maneuverability. But yeah, up until that point, you're going to be bored to death and highly vulnerable in PvP.

As for pros and cons, I'll say this: Ranger is essentially all about "shooting while moving". You try to kill someone before they catch you. Moreover, Rangers have very little control over their opponents. Therefore, the best way analogy for PvPing on a Ranger is a cat-and-mouse game. Imagine a cat chasing a mouse - the mouse is fast and is equipped with an AK47, but the cat is equally fast and can 1-shot with a swipe of a paw.

Ranger gets killed instantly if it gets caught. The only point in getting more defense points is to survive chip damage - if you get locked into a combo, you can pretty much sit back and go make a coffee. 
In an arena 1v1 situation, Ranger is about on par with all other classes, because without HP pots, an opponent can easily die to the Ranger's continuous chip damage. In a world PK situation, Ranger has it a lot harder 1v1, because it's going to need to burst ~90% of its opponent's health bar in a single combo to win (though it's entirely possible). And during group/mass PvP, Ranger is one of the best classes, because it can just AoE the universe from 50 meters away.

I would claim Ranger to be balanced, because it's an extreme payoff class - either you win by a ridiculously high margin, or you lose spectacularly. 

Ranger attacks are slow without chaining skills by unlocking Extreme Evasive Arrow. Here's another analogy - if you've ever played a musical instrument, then you know that there are some notes that sound good together, and some that don't. Likewise, on Ranger, some skills chain well together, and others don't. Learning to PvP on Ranger, then, is learning how to improvise a sonata.

2 people like this

Posted

May I ask you name wizard that was one of my last choices, do you have any video or experience on him/her on why you choice wizard to be an awesome class above other clases?

It's not awesome class above other classes,it's just my opinion ! (and blader is the awesome above other classes,again,my opinion).

I like the wizard skills,outfit,voice,gameplay.

I tried ranger but méh.

Posted

Ranger is fine past level 41, which doesn't take long. It also does pretty well with suboptimal gear, unlike classes like Kunoichi, which depend on having stupidly high damage.

Quoting myself from the Ranger Forums (in which you might want to consider exploring):

Nice little tidbit of info about the class. Thanks for posting it here! :D

Posted

I'm also interested in playing a ranger (currently I'm choosing between the wizard, sorc, and ranger). The gameplay does look a bit boring though as I've always enjoyed rangers with a pet class similar to Hunters in WoW (Tamer doesn't really suit my fancy). I'll be trying out as much as I can in CBT1 so if you don't have access I can definitely give you my thoughts about the Ranger class after the beta is over (I've played my Hunter for 11 years now so I guess you can say I know what makes Archer classes fun..?). If you're interested just let me know :)

Yes please, I ordered the 50$ package so I will only have access to CBT 2 which isn't bad :P You can PM me with updates or pm me anyway to keep in contact!

Hi Wovami:) 

My advice to you is to play the character you enjoy the most. Even if it's not the most OP or whatever. Truth is, if you seek answers from other players, you'll get bias answers. It's no one's fault, but they are going to tell you how THEY feel about the class. You can make a class good if you play it enough and practice.

I would try the different classes for myself and make a decision based on how the flow goes for me. To someone else, they might not enjoy what I enjoy.

Ifor you are interested in the ranger, I'd look up videos and see what it's like in game. The PvE and PvP.

video I found is a tad bit outdated but it gives you an idea:)

I'm looking forward to this game. See you there! :D 

Thanks dude helps out a lot, like I commented before the goal for this topic was people's opinion on the archer class. I might have worded it different then I wanted it to be :P, but I ain't looking for the most OP class. Yes I did hear Archer is op in PVP which is a +1 for me since the end game is mostly PVP

Posted

Yes please, I ordered the 50$ package so I will only have access to CBT 2 which isn't bad :P You can PM me with updates or pm me anyway to keep in contact!

Thanks dude helps out a lot, like I commented before the goal for this topic was people's opinion on the archer class. I might have worded it different then I wanted it to be :P, but I ain't looking for the most OP class. Yes I did hear Archer is op in PVP which is a +1 for me since the end game is mostly PVP

I'm a dudette :P and I understand. I just didn't want you to be discouraged from playing a class you enjoy.:) 

Goodluck to you and I'll be looking forward to BDO with you! Nice to meet you! ^.^ 

Posted

I'm a dudette :P and I understand. I just didn't want you to be discouraged from playing a class you enjoy.:) 

Goodluck to you and I'll be looking forward to BDO with you! Nice to meet you! ^.^ 

Oh dammn sorry :S didn't saw any sign of being a girl lol mb. Did you played the korean version? and also nice to meet you :3

Posted

Yup will do. I'm thinking I'll try and play all the classes to at least level 20 just to get a feel for everything. Then pick from there.

Posted

How could you not wan't play an archer? Just listen to those beautiful draw sounds...

Posted

How could you not wan't play an archer? Just listen to those beautiful draw sounds...

Haven't played it yet, dunno the sounds :P Gonne check some vids now that I am back home from work

Posted

Played as Ranger, its a top tier class in most situations.

They all can be honestly, I've seen all classes do extremely well. Its all about the gear and how well the player knows his character.

Posted

Hello Wovami,

thanx for your post. I am playing ranger for 1 week (now 29lvl) and I can not say anything against this archer.

I usually play support / healer, but in this game was archer the only choice. If you think about very old archers from games as a WoW, Lineage, etc the mainly focus on rangers were criticals, accuracy, stealth, att speed and something as kicking, daggering, so one.

Rangers in BDO are more way flexible. You have many crowd controll skills, you do not have to move indeed - many skills for pushing enemies back. However I recommend to try it, there is nothing better then you own experience. Wish you good luck! :-)

Posted (edited)

So I've always played ranger in any MMORPG for example: archeage, but lately I've been reading a lot about how hard the leveling is and its only good end game. Is there anyone here who played ranger who can confirm this or is it somewhere mid game also stronger ? 

it is not difficult at all if you do mounted combat from level 10 ~ lvl 45+ just make sure your mount is high leveled too.. (lvl 10 mount can tank lvl 15 ~ 20 monsters very well, level 20 mount can tank lvl 25 ~ 30 monsters very well, level 30 mount can tank 40 ~ 45 monsters very well)

the main problem with this is that u will have no control over your character and skills once your on foot.. this is the trouble i currently have.. but mounted combat is so good u dont even need MP pots

Edited by Endurance

Posted

Thread necromancy level up

Posted

Rangers do suck at low levels, but get stirrups for your horse and grind mounted and be a mounted ranger a heck a lot more fun. I'm lv 36 now after 3 days with doing quests could lv faster but I can only grind so much before slamming my hand in the door jam sounds like more fun. Lol

Posted

Rangers do suck at low levels, but get stirrups for your horse and grind mounted and be a mounted ranger a heck a lot more fun. I'm lv 36 now after 3 days with doing quests could lv faster but I can only grind so much before slamming my hand in the door jam sounds like more fun. Lol

If you are only 36 and have issues with grinding you are in for a shock ;)