• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

explorer's package can't login?

623 posts in this topic

Posted

these Are not from a news letter or a forum .. these are from the black desert home page under the news section!

Digging through forum posts? If you scroll down not even half way down the main front page you are greeted with the latest news.

blah.PNG

Which you are not required to view during your purchase process. This is a page that is entirely outside the entire process in which the product is offered, the details of what you are purchasing are defined and your payment is made. This page is not even noted or referenced. I understand what you're saying, but it's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Posted

Digging through forum posts? If you scroll down not even half way down the main front page you are greeted with the latest news.

blah.PNG

You still run into the issue that someone who is rushing for a purchase doesn't see this critical information on the actual Preorder the game bit. I can see why people are upset is all I am saying. 

Posted

When I bought the Explorer package it was advertised as having access to the game today. There was no indication of any requirement to read any forums  or Twitter, etc. Having accepted my payment this company has changed the conditions as advertised at time of sale and purchase. Regardless of whether this was human error or not, the company has vicarious liability for what appears to be false advertising of the product.

In addition, it is unfortunate publicity for this new version of the game, which is now going to be dominated by reviews of its dubious business practises and alludes to future possible conduct and, comparison with other titles such as Archage and companies such as Trion.

As this day progresses, without action being taken to rectify this, I imagine this being an issue for an increasing number of people.

1 person likes this

Posted

They did everything they could to lose even more.

Deserved it.

not a smooth start at all :)

hope they will find some time for a statement on this topic, that would at least be fair

the moment things go int "law section" .... silence...

that´s not very wise imo

Posted

You as a custumer are not entitled to search for any info all you need is click Pre order/order/etc and if you are not informed about those things during payment process.

Welp Fraud and False advertising.

End of -----in story.

You realize some people here might be your dads and have -----in experience when it comes to refunds of anything starting from pizza to car.

I am seriously amazed when kids who stole their moms credit card to play this game are trying to justify this.

this is the kind of ppl that will be playing this game maybe im lucky this happened and just got a refund

Posted

The following pages I will reference are very easily viewable from the front page of www.blackdesertonline.comShould you not have already read them, it shows that you have not read the news before buying it.

Please refer to this page: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/58
Look at 26.02 This says that the preorders are now closed.

Then please look at this page: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/64

"
The head starts below are only for Pre-Order holders:

Head start for Conqueror’s package holders starts the 28th of February, 08:00 UTC.
Head start for Explorer’s package holders starts the 1st of March, 08:00 UTC.
Head start for Traveler’s package holders start the 2nd of March, 08:00 UTC.

"

The above if for Pre-Order Holders.

If you bought the game after the 26th of Februrary you will not be able to play until the 3rd of march.

I'm only fuming due to the fact that I purchased the game On Feb 26th and cannot get access.  I was given a link which took me direct to buy the explorer package.  No mentioning of pre-orders being closed... Probably because it was the day of, who knows.  I was under the impression this was a "North American" port of a Korean game.  So the idea of even looking at UTC or "European Time Zones went well over my head"  So more than likely my purchase in America Feb 26   was thier Feb 27th.  Im so sorry I did not think to read the news on thier website.  I dont usually have to find "news n twitter posts" on things I buy, buy you can be dam sure Ill google for any news articles on Pork Rinds or Ice Cream should I ever decide to buy anymore!

Posted

To me I could careless about lawsuits and what not, I've just been in business long enough to know when there is false advertising. I was a sucker and ya got me... you did, hook line and sinker! I only came here to get my money back, figure that out and I'll be on my merry way. No hard feelings its business but I doubt I'd ever stomach supporting such a shady company in the future, screw the game being epic or not, I don't like to be taken advantage of. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If it's not the exact same page where you see the price at the very moment you make the purchase, this have no legal value. 

That was my point. The buy page never specified any information regarding to the ending of the preorder headstart. Thus people bought the product expecting the headstart and are now angry they aren't receiving it. 

Posted

You as a custumer are not entitled to search for any info all you need is click Pre order/order/etc and if you are not informed about those things during payment process.

So in the same idea, you AREN'T supposed to look in the terms and conditions? This is an entirely different idea, But that is essentially what I got from this.

Why didn't they inform you? They shouldn't have to. It still stands that you could have read the news, and chose not to.

Posted

I like how every other post talks about legal or legal action as if a US court is going to sue a foreign company over a game release.  Your entitled to a refund if you never enter the game just take it if your that pissed off!

Posted

So in the same idea, you AREN'T supposed to look in the terms and conditions? This is an entirely different idea, But that is essentially what I got from this.

Why didn't they inform you? They shouldn't have to. It still stands that you could have read the news, and chose not to.

terms and conditions start up when u launch the game when u get access.

Dude go back to your cave.

Posted

You are wrong. If they want us to look at the terms and condition page, the need to enforce we did it with a checkbox somewhere in the checkout process.

Posted

blah.PNG

it's kind of like u want buy a game , u get no problem when u pay it. then u find it lock ur region.  "it's all buyer's fault, they should check our twitter, they should read our news, blabla".  my question is why the ----- u can't warn it be4 ppl buy it

Posted

You are wrong. If they want us to look at the terms and condition page, the need to enforce we did it with a checkbox somewhere in the checkout process.

just because someone doesn't put a little check to accept the terms of something doesn't mean they are entitled to a change in those terms. 

Posted

terms and conditions start up when u launch the game when u get access.

Dude go back to your cave.

Both of these posts enforce the larger idea of lack of reading. If you read what I originally posted, I did say it was an entirely different idea. A separate analogy if you will. 

It was just a point based on your previous statement.

Posted

it's kind of like u want buy a game , u get no problem when u pay it. then u find it lock ur region.  "it's all buyer's fault, they should check our twitter, they should read our news, blabla".  my question is why the ----- u can't warn it be4 ppl buy it

IP GEO locks are another but good issue.

Posted

If you clicked a button labeled "Pre-Order now" when you bought the game, that's a pre-order plain and simple. Them changing the website after all this fallout, but not actually doing anything about it, is very disheartening. I had heard a lot of good about this game, and now after seeing this... well I'm not even sure I want to play.

Posted

blah.PNG

And none of those, by reading what's visible, indicate at all that pre-order is over in any-way.  So on your way to go from the front page to buying the game there is sitll no information or indication that you are not buying a pre-order with the launch of the game being 3-3.

The site indicated that headstart was open and to order now!   For those of us who watched streamers or were shown the client by friends or family we were told and shown that explorer's get a headstart starting today.

Hell, even the prelaunch info doesn't say that pre-orders are closed.  It merely says that pre-order explorer packs have access to the head-start date indicated.  
As it's pre-launch, purchasing the game is a pre-order.   Those of us who didn't see the site before the 26th didn't know that it had been changed at all.

Again, if it had been clear, there wouldn't be so many people who stumbled and got upset and I would bet tomorrow is going to be the same for travelers.

Even on my account page it says that my game access is explorer's package.  Which again per the launcher indicates I should be able to log in now.

If I'm not following a games activity or development I don't read the blogs and I sure as heck don't skim or read through their social media sites.  Judging by how many others feel tricked, frustrated, and swindled I'd say I'm not alone in that.

Posted

I have looked at my order history and it says i bought mine 02/26/16 14:55 does this mean i should have early access or not.....cause it still said pre-order and whatever but honestly whatever fine my fault for not reading more into it....i just want to know if when they say 26th is the end meaning 26th is the last day or the 26th if you buy it you can't play till launch

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you attempting to tell me that a business should not have to detail the specific date that an offer is expired BEFORE I make a purchase that is already outside that date?

If the purchase page, when I made my purchase on the 28th, had stated that the "Pre-Order" bonus was no longer being offered, then I wouldn't have made the purchase that I did. This information, however, was not provided. It is the seller's responsibility to make the details of a product offer clear, not the buyer's to go rummaging about their website for any possible information they may of "left out".

Posted

this is ridiculous it is just a way to get extra money from people that would have waited to get the travelers pack

Posted

I have looked at my order history and it says i bought mine 02/26/16 14:55 does this mean i should have early access or not.....cause it still said pre-order and whatever but honestly whatever fine my fault for not reading more into it....i just want to know if when they say 26th is the end meaning 26th is the last day or the 26th if you buy it you can't play till launch

tecynically it's past the time .. but I'd like them to give you access good attitudes always welcome!

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you attempting to tell me that a business should not have to detail the specific date that an offer is expired BEFORE I make a purchase that is already outside that date?

If the purchase page, when I made my purchase on the 28th, had stated that the "Pre-Order" bonus was no longer being offered, then I wouldn't have made the purchase that I did. This information, however, was not provided. It is the seller's responsibility to make the details of a product offer clear, not the buyer's to go rummaging about their website for any possible information they may of "left out".

If you are going to buy a product without doing detailed research into it, through the webpage and elsewhere, then expect to get something that isn't what you originally expect.

Posted

To all the fanboys, just STFU really. BDO KNOW they have stuffed up, why would they change and now highlight the 3rd of March start time on the purchase page for the "pre orders" ? 

I can answer that, as most normal people would have done what I did. Wait for the CB to finish and hear news on how the game is, find the news positive then act. Then they would hop on to the site and when it clearly labels the product as a pre order, and even uses the same title like Explorers Pre Order, well, I would think its a pre order. To suggest, anyone should have searched the news tab first is idiotic.

What disappoints me most and the reason i have asked for a refund is not the mistake, mistake happens and i can wait 2 days. Whats caused me to distrust this company is that they concentrated first in covering their ass BEFORE communicating to there customers. A simple, opps, sorry for the confusion, here you will get XXX as a gift would have been OK for most, but the blatant cover up raises many red flags.

I'll still play it as my guild mates are playing but i will pay the lowest i can and never, ever use the cash shop.