• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

explorer's package can't login?

623 posts in this topic

Posted

There will be no gameing today for us :(

Posted

I remember reading the FAQ and seeing it mentioned pre order packages would be available up to the day of launch. Including this article at https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205761011-Pricing-of-Black-Desert-Online  

"Until the launch of Black Desert Online, you can acquire a pre-order package from our shop with some exclusive time-limited offers."

It is alright though, they are only human and mistakes happen. Let it go guys, we have what will potentially be an amazing game to enjoy in just a couple more days. Let the current headstart folks experience any remaining uncaught bugs or lag issues. We'll be coming in after a maintenance that will hopefully fix any of that. To let a simple mistake like this prevent one from coming back in 48 hours to experience what I am informed of to be an extremely good game that Archeage failed to be, then I really don't understand.

Most of the Anger is stemming from people in America.  Who like me requested a day off to play a game.  Its what I've done since Halo and any game that really interests me.  Now today is completely wasted in the fact I will not be able to play the game I gave up 100 or so dollars of potential work time for.  I even woke up early to play this so If I ran off to work I'd be dead tired and my work would suffer.  I guess its just frustration from an adult perspective.  I spend money on a product,  I want the product when it said I would get it.  Not everyone has the knowhow to read the Asterisks that get placed after purchases....  Also I bought mine on the 26th  so thats why I'm pitching a fit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes you did "Research" on the product, but obviously not the way it would be given to you. 

I will concede that you should have been notified that the pre-order bonus had expired, the blame on that can only be placed on the website creators.

However nothing stopped you from actually reading the news section before making your purchase.

Just my opinion but.. 

I go to the official webpage. I see "Headstart is now live". I go there and there is nothing about 26th and preorder. Ok... I see that those packages have headstart. I go to the order page, I see the the packages and nothing about the preorder.. Why do I need to do more research? 

1 person likes this

Posted

The "Explorers Package" before the end preordering date is what gets early access. It may have the same name as the normal order "Explorers Package", but they are different. I don't know about if the page had actually said you get a head start at the order. Instead I think everyone assumed this Explorers pack was the preorder one and all the perks everyone was talking about was what they bought.

Posted

All in all, this entire ordeal has been handled poorly thus far. I don't expect any official response just yet, given that and issue such as this is likely going to require a carefully crafted statement from their PR team, but I also don't expect the issue to be resolved in a way that anyone affected will be happy with. At best there will be some type of "compensation" due to the poor purchase process, but even that is unlikely. Most of us will probably be given the chance to either get a refund or simply "deal with it".

Yes you did "Research" on the product, but obviously not the way it would be given to you. 

I will concede that you should have been notified that the pre-order bonus had expired, the blame on that can only be placed on the website creators.

However nothing stopped you from actually reading the news section before making your purchase.

I believe it's best we just agree to disagree then, because as far as I'm concerned, reading the webpage and news sites should not be required in order to get special details and cut-off dates related to my purchase. If that's the case, then such pages should be linked and provided to me as "additional details" or some such at some point during my transaction. My main complaint isn't even that the dates were cut off before the "official" launch, as a company I feel they have a right to designate when they want to stop offering pre-order bonuses, I have no argument with their choice of dates, but given that I made my purchase on the 28th and I wasn't informed of this, I simply feel a bit cheated.

Though I am certain you did not see this launcher screen until after paying?

Actually, though I didn't have a reason to SS the launcher, I believe this was readily available during CBT2.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you. I feel much more confident with my decision to buy after hearing that. 

I realy just wanted to say flea on a baboon ass,  but yes the only thing that could make it better would have been smoother launch and maybe virtual reality :o

Posted

i think im gonna love this game when its on for us in sweden :=)

Posted

Most of the Anger is stemming from people in America.  Who like me requested a day off to play a game.  Its what I've done since Halo and any game that really interests me.  Now today is completely wasted in the fact I will not be able to play the game I gave up 100 or so dollars of potential work time for.  I even woke up early to play this so If I ran off to work I'd be dead tired and my work would suffer.  I guess its just frustration from an adult perspective.  I spend money on a product,  I want the product when it said I would get it.  Not everyone has the knowhow to read the Asterisks that get placed after purchases....  Also I bought mine on the 26th  so thats why I'm pitching a fit.

I understand. I am slightly upset as well. Maybe writing a kind and patient ticket explaining that would see a better result though. I've known game companies to make an exception in situations like this for those who are decent about it, but not if they're going in with a rage fit, obviously that isn't going to get much.

Posted

All the shits I could find around the house have been given. My toons is auto fishing now... it's bed time!  To those with actual access issues good luck.  To those that thought theyou had preorder, give up on getting access they aren't gonna give it .. but there's hope, They may throw some compensation at you.

1 person likes this

Posted

I understand. I am slightly upset as well. Maybe writing a kind and patient ticket explaining that would see a better result though. I've known game companies to make an exception in situations like this for those who are decent about it, but not if they're going in with a rage fit, obviously that isn't going to get much.

Sadly writing a friendly and decent ticket just got me an auto-response basically saying "we did nothing wrong, deal with it" - the way they have handled this has been atrocious and I'm genuinely surprised an experienced company like DAUM even let this happen. This was so easily avoidable and even after it happened it would have been over with very quickly with an official statement / apology.

2 people like this

Posted

that moment when the admind announcement at the front page a week ago that the preorder will ent 26.3.2016.. 

and the so called fans dont even checked it : <  and brought it let me guesss yesterday ? 

thats beyond me ..  admins added it on the front page that will peorder will end 26.03 and it was showing for like 3 days in front page....

they made a mistake to not make 10000 announcements about the preorder ended.  yes its their fault that they didnt realise sooner that the gamers now days is 10yr old angry rage kids.

just w8 to play in 2 days.
but if you dont like how thinks went and feel anrgy then gtfo and w8 another 1.5 year for the next grand sandbox mmo to be realesed. 
meanwhile ill be here with out gold sellers and spam bots to ruin my game.     
and quess what you will just give me more space to enjoy the game :o  hohoho more fish for me to catch.

$%$# you all and ur logic :) FU$#%$ sheeps.   

ahh i said it .. 

sorry for my bad english. if you cannot understand what i said then you are more stupid that average humans .. :)

Posted

Just my opinion but.. 

I go to the official webpage. I see "Headstart is now live". I go there and there is nothing about 26th and preorder. Ok... I see that those packages have headstart. I go to the order page, I see the the packages and nothing about the preorder.. Why do I need to do more research? 

I understand that most people do want to buy the game and won't look any further down the page if the order button is right in front of you.
However, in big bold letters you can plainly  "
LATEST NEWS" 

I understand that nobody wants to sit reading old news articles. But right here, reading two of the articles, Black Desert Online important pre-launch info  and Black Desert Online important pre-launch info all of this could have been avoided.

Posted

Though I am certain you did not see this launcher screen until after paying?

Incorrect. At least for me. I saw the launcher screen before paying, (or even seeing the site for that matter) as I was introduced to the game by my brother who was on for early access.

Or even by reading this post : 
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/64

It indicates that Explorer's will have access to head-start starting today.
Yes, it say's pre-order.  But as the game does not officially launch until the 3rd this implies that by purchasing the explorer's pack you are indeed buying a pre-order.
And in the launcher it states that explorer's will have access.

So for those of us who read the latest news and then went to the order page and saw that the explorer packs were still available and bought it is extremely disheartening since it wasn't labeled or stated anywhere in the shop at the time that the pack was no longer a pre-order or that pre-ordering was over.

It's really disheartening. I was really hoping they'd step up, admit they dun goofed, apologies, and either allow access or compensate for this error.
Unfortunately though it's starting to look like they're just okay with refunding folks and refusing to make any sort of public statement what-so-ever on it.

Posted

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

reading this does it mean those of us who have pre ordered get access at 1400? Or does it mean thats when they will start selling again? 

Reason I ask is the so far Korean Double speak on their website has me confused and that does say game access at 1400.

Posted (edited)

I did not "follow" this game, rather, I stumbled upon it.  I bought the Explorer's Pack and the website that sold it to me CLEARLY STATED that Explorer Packs would be able to play on March 1st.  That web page is now changed.  The launcher CLEARLY states that Explorer Packs would be able to play a 0800 UTC March 1st, this still has not changed.

I have submitted my ticket, and I have begun the PayPal Dispute Resolution, requesting a refund.  The ball is in the Seller's court, I encourage anyone who was subjected to this BAIT and SWITCH to file similar claims to refund their purchase.

I can appreciate that there are deeply-committed fans of the game and/or company that defend them by telling us we should have looked somewhere else besides the page that was taking our money or selling us the product, but realistically, that is absurd.  One should not have to "research" fine print when the LARGE PRINT clearly stated one thing that is not now being delivered upon.

It is a terrible way to launch a game that will be dependent upon cash shop sales.  They not only will be losing my purchase amount, but any and all future cash shop transactions.  I also doubt I am unique in this.

Edited by Old Roy
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Same here bought the game. Downloaded it to play. And i can not play? What is this? The time is already past the time we should have access now!

If i do not get access to day, I will go for my refund. The communication was not done clear. And the seller needs to be clear on the order page what a customer may expect.

Edited by CoMMoNNL

Posted

All in all, this entire ordeal has been handled poorly thus far. I don't expect any official response just yet, given that and issue such as this is likely going to require a carefully crafted statement from their PR team, but I also don't expect the issue to be resolved in a way that anyone affected will be happy with. At best there will be some type of "compensation" due to the poor purchase process, but even that is unlikely. Most of us will probably be given the chance to either get a refund or simply "deal with it".

I believe it's best we just agree to disagree then, because as far as I'm concerned, reading the webpage and news sites should not be required in order to get special details and cut-off dates related to my purchase. If that's the case, then such pages should be linked and provided to me as "additional details" or some such at some point during my transaction. My main complaint isn't even that the dates were cut off before the "official" launch, as a company I feel they have a right to designate when they want to stop offering pre-order bonuses, I have no argument with their choice of dates, but given that I made my purchase on the 28th and I wasn't informed of this, I simply feel a bit cheated.

Then I thank you for being civilized with all of this, and I hope that this ends in a way that is favourable to the consumer.

I did not "follow" this game, rather, I stumbled upon it.  I bought the Explorer's Pack and the website that sold it to me CLEARLY STATED that Explorer Packs would be able to play on March 1st.  That web page is now changed.  The launcher CLEARLY states that Explorer Packs would be able to play a 0800 UTC March 1st, this still has not changed.

I have submitted my ticket, and I have begun the PayPal Dispute Resolution, requesting a refund.  The ball is in the Seller's court, I encourage anyone who was subjected to this BAIT and SWITCH to file similar claims to refund their purchase.

I can appreciate that there are deeply-committed fans of the game and/or company that defend them by telling us we should have looked somewhere else besides the page that was taking our money or selling us the product, but realistically, that is absurd.  One should not have to "research" fine print when the LARGE PRINT clearly stated one thing that is not now being delivered upon.

It is a terrible way to launch a game that will be dependent upon cash shop sales.  They have not only will be losing my purchase amount, but any and all future cash shop transactions.  I also doubt I am unique in this.

Both of the links provided below are easily accessible from the main page.

Please refer to this page: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/58
Look at 26.02 This says that the pre-orders are now closed.

Then please look at this page: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/64

"
The head starts below are only for Pre-Order holders:

Head start for Conqueror’s package holders starts the 28th of February, 08:00 UTC.
Head start for Explorer’s package holders starts the 1st of March, 08:00 UTC.
Head start for Traveler’s package holders start the 2nd of March, 08:00 UTC.

"

The above if for Pre-Order Holders.
If you bought the game after the 26th of Februrary you will not be able to play until the 3rd of march.

I do however agree that you should have been notified that you wouldn't have access until the 3rd march.
But with a small amount of reading, this could all have been avoided.

Posted

I understand that most people do want to buy the game and won't look any further down the page if the order button is right in front of you.However, in big bold letters you can plainly  "LATEST NEWS" 

I understand that nobody wants to sit reading old news articles. But right here, reading two of the articles, Black Desert Online important pre-launch info  and Black Desert Online important pre-launch info all of this could have been avoided.

Agree.

In fact, I think I went to that link (You know, important info...) but there is nothing about the 26th. Xtapoditom said that there was a front page announcement but... I know about the game, I friend have played the beta, I have seen streamings... I have followed the game but I didn't access the web. If there is a new in latest news saying "Pre-Order is finished" then it's ok. But it isn't and the "important info" link doesn't say anything about it.

You deal with it or ask for a refund (I will play the 3th and that's ok) but there is no way to defend them. It was a mistake.

1 person likes this

Posted

It is a terrible way to launch a game that will be dependent upon cash shop sales.  They have not only will be losing my purchase amount, but any and all future cash shop transactions.  I also doubt I am unique in this.

No where on the order page did it say you would have 48 hour early access. If you are basing the claim on having to look elsewhere besides the order page for fine print shouldn't be required, then any details about the explorer's pack starting date found anywhere other than the order page also fall into that category and renders your claim as void. Since it was a package not including 48 hour early access, it did not list it on the order page. 

Posted

If any of you guys have not pre-ordered that pack, you DO NOT get early access, you get to play at the "hard launch" what launches 3.3 at 12:00 UTC. That Early access is only for PRE-ORDER.

Posted (edited)

After a few hours, my support ticket was answered with a generic, presumably pre-scripted response.

No mind was paid to my concerns and there was absolutely zero clarification in regards to the information I provided.

Instead it seems they were more than happy to issue me a refund. Normally I'd be happy with such a no-questions-asked refund procedure, but in this case I was actually looking quite forward to this game and would have much preferred some type of explanation or apology. Perhaps in the follow up response, but for now I'm off to bed.

I suppose at this point I'll use my refund to pick up The Division and give BDO another look in a few months. Maybe then I'll decide to pick it up again, but at this point, I feel like this entire fiasco as caused me to somewhat lose my interest.

OhWell.png

Edited by 3rd_1mpact
Forgot image

Posted

No where on the order page did it say you would have 48 hour early access. If you are basing the claim on having to look elsewhere besides the order page for fine print shouldn't be required, then any details about the explorer's pack starting date found anywhere other than the order page also fall into that category and renders your claim as void. Since it was a package not including 48 hour early access, it did not list it on the order page. 

You are simply incorrect here, it did clearly show on the order page that the Explorer's Package would have access on March 1st.  It was VERY CLEAR until they CHANGED their order page.  Period.

I appreciate that you feel you need to defend this company, but honestly, this does not involve you.  The steps for remedy have already been placed, I will see how it pans out.  Just editing the order page the way they did clearly indicates that Daum realized their mistake.  They now have to deal with the mistake, and no amount of cheering from disconnected third parties will change that.

This really was a classic bait and switch, and the change of the order page is clear evidence of that.  I have screen shots of the before and after standing by for my resolution process with paypal, should it come to that.

1 person likes this

Posted

If any of you guys have not pre-ordered that pack, you DO NOT get early access, you get to play at the "hard launch" what launches 3.3 at 12:00 UTC. That Early access is only for PRE-ORDER.

Preorder means "buy something before is launched". If they have another meaning for "preorder" then they should specify it in the order page.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's OK, they have changed the order page to be clear: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/GamePass.html

It is too bad that this change was very recent.

1 person likes this

Posted

MaDDaViD123 i know you just defending them but why did the not put this in after the 26.02

insted of today?

Unbenannt1.thumb.jpg.0c348092d41b3575162

yesterday -> today

i know i posted this bevor :)

2 people like this