• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

File Corrupted, If this persists repair at the launcher.

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I got a few minutes into playing and while killing some mobs I got a little pop in the middle of my screen saying File Corrupted. If this persists repair at the launcher. I've restarted a few times and it says "patching," but the 4th time loading back in it gave me the corrupt file message even sooner just at the map loading screen after character select.

I've noticed that I can still play the game if I move the message over off my screen but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

"The File is corrupted. If it persists, please run file-recovery from the launcher"

Edited by Jaime

Posted

I just did the steps in that post. About to try it and I'll try that version.dat file too. 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Rename/delete your version.dat file (in BDO folder) and run the launcher again.

Also check this out:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/24017-known-issues/

Won't that redownload and reinstall the whole game? If that's the case and I was told to do that without knowing theirs a better way I'd be pissed. Slow connection and all. Also I have the exact same problem but I'd rather deal with a support ticket then removing the version.dat. 

Edited by Darknlight55

Posted

Issue: Corrupted Files

Fix: Go to Installation folder -> bin64/blackdesert64.exe

Open properties

Compatibility tab

Run as admin

fg0UWhS.png

If this does not solve the issue, add black desert folder to your anti-virus exclusions.

------------------------------------------

Posted

till they get a hotfix for the issue just go to the game install file and delete a file called "version.dat" by doing so, the next time you launch the game it will check for missing or corrupt files

Posted (edited)

Won't that redownload and reinstall the whole game?

No.

What he said:

till they get a hotfix for the issue just go to the game install file and delete a file called "version.dat" by doing so, the next time you launch the game it will check for missing or corrupt files

It's like a self repair. It will take some, depending on your connection speed i guess. Mine took 10 minutes.

But you are right to wait for the support if you are patient enough.

Good luck.

Edited by Shamanic

Posted

This fix does not work, i tried it and didn't even get past the loading screen before i crashed from a corrupt file again. Can continue to do the version.dat fix but it is touch and go and can last an hour or only 5 mins.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game has become unplayable due to this error for many of us. Its  sad i regret getting the game. This has been going on since CBT.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer or a fix. 

RIP

1 person likes this

Posted

yup nothing fixes it really sucks i regret buying the game, as i spent 100$ to be sitting here not being able to play the game i understand it just launch and all that but before today everything was FINE not sure what happened in that small amount of time

2 people like this

Posted

would be nice if we could do a proper repair from launcherxD

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Surprised this didnt even get a proper reply yet from a GM. btw ive come to realize you can still play as long as you dont click the pop up. NPC's and such wont show up, your character will slide instead of walking and you wont see the mobs BUT you can still see your aim turn red and grind. Also you can still fish and play its just well like playing a very bad quality game. At least you can get your character to 50 and level up the life skills, better then nothing?

Edited by Mably

Posted

There isn't a proper fix, the files are still corrupt after versionold.dat runs, over and over. Bought the game and only made it to character selection once. Thanks for stealing my money.

Posted

if your using the Crop i think its causing the issue

i didnt have this error used crop for more fps and started getting the error 2/3 hours after 

Posted

There is another thread with tons of suggestions, none of which have fixed this problem for me.  See link below and steps I've taken so far:

However I have tried EVERY suggestion in the thread.

• I've done the various different repair suggestions made for the game. did not fix.
  • Tried replacing the individual Paz files based on error messages with non corrupted versions. just made the error move to a different file.
  • Windows 10 and all drivers are 100% up to date(did a complete windows reinstall/upgrade a month ago for other issues I had to repair at that time, however I double checked my drivers again to be safe). did not fix the issue
  • completely uninstalled/deleted all files, restarted my PC and then reinstalled(also done after replacing the RAM). did not fix
  • made sure to set as admin where required. did not fix
  • made sure to set exceptions in windows defender. did not fix.
  • made sure there are no other programs that might be interfering with BDO. did not fix
  • checked and even replaced my ram. did not fix

Now my rig is nothing to rave about, but I can run 2 applications of Archeage, albeit at low settings simultaneously without issue and still run TeamSpeak and whatever other programs I need in the background without issue and this was before I replaced/upgraded my ram.  As much as I understand the possibility I HIGHLY doubt the problem is with my PC in this case. It's a real shame too as I was really enjoying the game, but find myself unable to play because of this.

If someone can find a fix I'm sure there are a lot of folks that would appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

Happened to me just now as my berserker was running into a building in Heidel.

Interestingly, it doesn't happen on my Wizard, just the berserker.

Setting to admin did not fix it, removed the version.dat just now to try the full repair.

Edited by Alberton

Posted

So this happened to me yesterday. I googled the issue and it led me to this page. I renamed the DAT file and let it redownload then excluded both the exe file and the DAT. I was able to play but the issue still occurred on and off until today basically it's unplayable for me. Looks like there is no real fix for the issue guess i'm gonna have to ticket it and uninstall the game for now. 

Posted

I have re downloaded the game 6 times, tried to repair (deleting verison.dat) countless times, updated my network adapters, switched to wireless from Ethernet, got friends to send me their working PAZ files and played around with my ram. Nothing works at all. I still get the same, "File is corrupted" message every time I play. I haven't been able to play for more then an hour straight. I have read so many forums about this and its really sad that no GM has even said that their working towards a fix. Wish I could get my money back.

Posted

Also keep running into this issue.. sometimes I can play for hours.. other times I crash with this error every 5 minutes..

Posted

same shit different day,after this last maintenance still no fix WTF

1 person likes this

Posted

After this maint it got even worse.. I get it while playing.. I ALWAYS get it when I alt tab which was not the case before..   I also tried everything..  making it "repair itself" firewall, admin..

1 person likes this

Posted

i dont even have a version.dat folder 

i dont even have a version.dat folder 

Posted

I have had to replace my version.dat at least 4 times today. And now I seem to just get corrupt file during loading screen. My game was perfectly fine up until this last maintenance.

Posted

I have to reiterate that my game was running great until this last maintenance.  Now, I can play for a random amount of time and that file is corrupted pop up.  The pop up is occuring sooner and sooner now.  I haven't had one issue since the initial server swap issue on release day.  This last time, I was autorunning to Calpheon and pulled up my map to move a worker.  The pop up happened.  I got to my stable only to find that my 2 highest horses are not only no longer connected to my Trade wagon, but they don't exist.  i am assuming it is related.  At least I hope so. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Experienced this during CBT.  Finally after 7 or 8 attempts used their provided download file and extractor (32 GB) and got it working.  Then the next patch, broke again, but auto repaired.  After today's update... it is DOA.  Can't get past 3% patching.   Once in game, never have had a problem... it's so cherry.  But getting into the game is horrible.  Please fix this, please.

Could you even have it say what file is corrupted, so that maybe the community can work to resolving the issue, or coming up with other workarounds?

Edited by cledulin
Additional detail