• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

File Corrupted, If this persists repair at the launcher.

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To all you guys, for me the "file is corrupted" message on the launcher when trying to patch was solved by adding the game folder to my antivirus exception list.

I was convinced that it couldn't have been that, because it's a good antivirus, and it wasn't giving me any signals, but apparently the real-time file analysis was interfering with the patching process.

So try it, it worked for me !

Edited by Aeliel
emphasis

Posted

Experienced this during CBT.  Finally after 7 or 8 attempts used their provided download file and extractor (32 GB) and got it working.  Then the next patch, broke again, but auto repaired.  After today's update... it is DOA.  Can't get past 3% patching.   Once in game, never have had a problem... it's so cherry.  But getting into the game is horrible.  Please fix this, please.

Could you even have it say what file is corrupted, so that maybe the community can work to resolving the issue, or coming up with other workarounds?

This more than anything else.  A cryptic message about a corrupted file doesn't help anyone solve anything including BDO's support personnel...this is especially important for the many of us where the recommended solutions are not solving the problem.

Posted (edited)

Until the last patch I got the game to work by deleting the textfile xigncode and then restarting the computer before launching the game, found that information in some other forum, but this stopped working now.

If anyone is looking to try this out, though the file is located as follows: Black Desert Online > bin64 > xc > na > 2 delete the textfile in there and restart your computer.

Right now the launcher is checking the files, after I deleted the version.dat and I put the BDO folder into my antivirus exception list, let's see if this works.. :c

Edited by LuciaSeriin

Posted

this is painful...  damn update!

Posted

Rigth now my game is running with the steps I did:

• deleting the version.dat (then letting the launcher fix the files)
  • deleting xgncode textfile and restarting PC before launching game
  • having the BDO folder in my Antivirus exception list

While I do hope, that those steps fixed the issue, I stil doubt it. For now it works, if it crashed again I'll let you people know.

Posted

Try Disabling your antivirus while you update once your done turn it back on it worked for me i tried adding it to the exceptions but it didnt work (im using avast) 

Give that a try maybe it'll work for some people. i was also having the same problems as everyone else i deleted re installed tried copying and pasting the paz folder installed on a different drive non of it worked except disabling antivirus

Posted

While I do hope, that those steps fixed the issue, I stil doubt it. For now it works, if it crashed again I'll let you people know.

Just a heads up, that the game hasn't crahed since I did all these steps, if anyone want's to try. (Btw, you have to do the step, where you delete the xgncode textfile and restart your computer every time you want to start the game.)

Posted

I tried this and my game lasted about an hour. Still having the "Files are corrupted" error in game. Thanks for idea though, I will try anything at this point.

Posted (edited)

I tried this and my game lasted about an hour. Still having the "Files are corrupted" error in game. Thanks for idea though, I will try anything at this point.

That really sucks, I hope you find something that works soon!

_____

Since some people sent me PM's about the textfile's location/which textfile it is, I'll post a screenshot here for everyone:

xgncodetxt.png

Edited by LuciaSeriin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This error is really annoying.  

- Get error
- Delete version.dat file
- Start game again it will patch 
- Wait for (15min) 30min for patch

Repeat this process everyday -.-   Its annoying

Edit make this 30min :(

Edited by JinhFreespirit

Posted

I'm getting the corrupted file in my launcher every time I try to patch, after doing every single thing people have said worked, 20+ tries, 2 full reinstalls, and still nothing.

How have they not fixed this yet?

Posted

Started having this problem out of the blue last night. Started off being fairly uncommon and now it's every 10-15 min regardless of what fixes I try.

Posted (edited)

I sent a ticket few weeks back, takes about 3 days for a reply so took a little while. GMs are totally clueless about what is happening. They only reply with ''re install the game'', ''delete Version.dat'', ''add to firewall exception''. Of course I mentioned previously I had already tried all those ''fix'' but unfortunately this is all they can do for now.

Its too bad I think they could at least refund the game to those who cant play it, the game is basically defective for all of us.

The fact that there is nothing that they can do about it AND that they wont refund cause we managed to play for a few days before crashing over and over again, makes me feel like I was robbed.

Edited by Mably

Posted

Honestly at this point I am completely frustrated about this. Just downloaded the game for the 4th time, and mere seconds into loading it happens again. I've checked every setting, and every piece of hardware, so that only leaves the game itself.

From the posts in one of the many other threads, there are an awful lot of us nVidia users in the mix too, namely a lot of GTX970 users. Either way, I don't know what's worse, the game being near unplayable, or the simple lack of any communication (other than reinstall the game) when there's dozens of threads about this issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah the error says to run file recovery yet devs dont even give an option for file recovery, SO amateur.. you have people paying up to $100 just to play this game and you can't even provide proper support and proper tools to such easily corrupted files.

i tried the version.dat fix and it worked.............................................until I just patched the game for the weekly update...now it's the same stuff again.. I guess I will just have to do this crap every week because the devs can't release a proper patch for the game or give the community proper tools to run file recovery,....$100 conqueror package and I have weekly game crashes...... hmmm...why did I leave GW2 for this game again?

Posted

Where's the damn fix for this already? I don't want anybody reposting the same old "Fixes" that don't actually fix ANYTHING. This company needs to fix this issue, address it, talk to the players about the fact that they know that ITS NOT FIXED and NONE OF THE FIXES actually work. Pathetic company, pathetic developers. These fly by night companies that pop up and put out a game that you can't even play because they just want to take in the $$$ and not invest any of it into fixing any of the game breaking bugs. Sums up pretty much all of the game developers these days.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm also getting this problem, thankfully im only on a guest pass, so no purchase from me until this game breaking bug is fixed.

Posted

This bug is annoying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Could play it for a week without issue,  now suddenly its corrupted again,  tried all "fixes" which ofcourse did not work again.. redownloading/installing the game now AGAIN "big fking sigh"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have the same issue again since this past maintenance. I had it a few weeks ago after another maintenance and did all the fixes listed above, I got it working after several hours of redoing the steps.    I have completely removed my AV software at the moment and repaired the client again but it's still snafu.   This bug is very disruptive considering we get maintenance every week.

Edited by Ozzieballista

Posted

That really sucks, I hope you find something that works soon!

_____

Since some people sent me PM's about the textfile's location/which textfile it is, I'll post a screenshot here for everyone:

xgncodetxt.png

I have been searching for the XIGNCODE3 file stuff for the last week. Elion bless your soul, mate.

Posted (edited)

If the previous steps didn't work :

Just try these steps :

Copy the BDO "Paz" folder on an external Harddrive or on an another partition (for less further downloads)

Format your system disk & reinstall Windows 10

Get the lastest drivers updates

Install Black Desert Online launcher

Copy the Paz folder into the the newly created BDO folder

Launch the game to complete the missing files

Before clicking on "play", reboot your PC (very important part).

It works for me, the game is now working... -_-

Dont' forget : YOU DON'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ALL THE FILES ! (Paz folder is ok)

Ps : NEVER Shutdown XIGNCODE3 if your game is runing, it's the most frequent reason for this trouble, doing this will crash the game and corrupt registry files/etc...

Edited by Alshindara

Posted

If the previous steps didn't work :

Just try these steps :

Copy the BDO "Paz" folder on an external Harddrive or on an another partition (for less further downloads)

Format your system disk & reinstall Windows 10

Get the lastest drivers updates

Install Black Desert Online launcher

Copy the Paz folder into the the newly created BDO folder

Launch the game to complete the missing files

Before clicking on "play", reboot your PC (very important part).

It works for me, the game is now working... -_-

Dont' forget : YOU DON'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ALL THE FILES ! (Paz folder is ok)

Ps : NEVER Shutdown XIGNCODE3 if your game is runing, it's the most frequent reason for this trouble, doing this will crash the game and corrupt registry files/etc...

Woah woah woah, so your personal fix is to just reformat the entire computer? I mean, if it worked for you, great, but I'm not spending 24 hours re-configuring my pc just for 1 game. I'll just avoid the developer on any future games if it comes to that.

Posted (edited)

20th of April 2016, bug is still there.

Also why does the game try to access Norton Anti-Virus?

Isn't that a little stupid?

Judging by Norton's history, that is the exact reason why the game crashes.

Norton blocks the access, game is stupid and gets a running crash.

Edited by Kernyx

Posted

Same Error Message.. are you guys on EU or NA?