• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Where is the skillbar/actionbar

22 posts in this topic

Posted

hello there

So i just couldn't wait to give the game a try and went to the Japan BDO to check on the game, but there is no skillbar? Do you have to enable it from option settings ??

Posted (edited)

There is a small hot bar on the bottom of the screen to which you can put a selection of skills for ease of access. I believe you only get limited amount of these to which is going to play an important part in how each player decides to play their respective class. You should be able to see something like this when you're playing. Most skills are assigned to a respective combo of keys, for example shift + Up, to perform certain skills. It is up to you whether you choose to use these binds or to make it easier for yourself to place them on your hotbar, however, because the hotbar is so limited in slots it requires some thinking about how you're going to best utilise the skills. I personally found some binds quite difficult to perform and would use them on the hotbar instead, if I was able to do so, just out of ease of use, others I chose to access primarily through the default key binds. 

2015-12-12_1005.png

Edited by TheEntelexia

Posted

Or U have to use the Q W E A S D Left/Right click and Shift key to Use your skills. 

Posted (edited)

well yea i noticed that some skill require you to press 2 keys at the same time which is very hard to do while you have to move aswell. I will try to look for that hot bar so i can put those hard combos in there :D

Edited by Megumi

Posted (edited)

Is it only 1 skill bar? so 10 skills maximum?

Coz in other games there's a key to swap out to 2nd skill bar.

Edited by deNeb
2 people like this

Posted

I believe so, I only managed to play the Alpha but there was only one 10 slot hotbar that you had access too. On top of that, not all skills can be put on the hotbar, it is only certain skills. This requires you to learn, and memorise, the keybinds for certain skills that cannot be used on the hotbar. It might be a learning curve for some people but it adds to the dynamism of the game, at least for me. 

Posted

I believe so, I only managed to play the Alpha but there was only one 10 slot hotbar that you had access too. On top of that, not all skills can be put on the hotbar, it is only certain skills. This requires you to learn, and memorise, the keybinds for certain skills that cannot be used on the hotbar. It might be a learning curve for some people but it adds to the dynamism of the game, at least for me. 

Ok thanks. So does that mean that we cant learn every skill of the character we're playing? Because if you can only place 10 skills on your hotbar and the others require 2 keys, there might be no point in learning all skills.

2 people like this

Posted

Ok thanks. So does that mean that we cant learn every skill of the character we're playing? Because if you can only place 10 skills on your hotbar and the others require 2 keys, there might be no point in learning all skills.

I haven't played enough to say confidently that you cannot learn every skill available for your class, I never attempted to play the RU/KR/JP versions of the game, so I am just going off the knowledge I got in the alpha test which was limited to only lvl 30. I do however know that at lvl 30, as a wizard at least, you definitely had more than 10 skills and it required you to be aware of your binds so that you may use skills that you have chosen to omit from your hot bar, for example Shift + Down into combo of Shift + Left. From what I could tell this won't be the traditional MMO style where you just click/assign keys to you skills and run around simply pressing as few buttons as possible to use skills. Not all skills required 2 keys if they weren't able to/or you didn't want them, to be on your hotbar such as Q or E so the amount of skills you have access to felt quite substantial. This is as much as I remember/know, so if someone with more experience would like to elaborate for deNeb, that would be appreciated. Also, please correct any mistakes I made it's been awhile. 

Posted

You don't need one. You have no skill.

1 person likes this

Posted

well yea i noticed that some skill require you to press 2 keys at the same time which is very hard to do while you have to move aswell. I will try to look for that hot bar so i can put those hard combos in there :D

What?

1 person likes this

Posted

Ugh+i+dont+want+to+live+on+this+planet+a

5 people like this

Posted

This thread is sad af.

3 people like this

Posted

You can learn and use all the skills and max them if you can get enough skill points but they get harder to attain as you get higher level

Posted

I haven't played enough to say confidently that you cannot learn every skill available for your class, I never attempted to play the RU/KR/JP versions of the game, so I am just going off the knowledge I got in the alpha test which was limited to only lvl 30. I do however know that at lvl 30, as a wizard at least, you definitely had more than 10 skills and it required you to be aware of your binds so that you may use skills that you have chosen to omit from your hot bar, for example Shift + Down into combo of Shift + Left. From what I could tell this won't be the traditional MMO style where you just click/assign keys to you skills and run around simply pressing as few buttons as possible to use skills. Not all skills required 2 keys if they weren't able to/or you didn't want them, to be on your hotbar such as Q or E so the amount of skills you have access to felt quite substantial. This is as much as I remember/know, so if someone with more experience would like to elaborate for deNeb, that would be appreciated. Also, please correct any mistakes I made it's been awhile. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

giphy.gif

2 people like this

Posted

I am assuming this is troll thread.

Posted

Not that I want to spread rumors but as i read somewhere they are planning to increase the actionbar.

I'll try to find a source on this though

Posted

You dont even need the skill bar, like wtf guys!

Just memory it

Posted

You dont even need the skill bar, like wtf guys!

Just memory it

you actually gonna need it regardless. there are some skills without a hotkey and need to be slotted.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And there goes the action in an action MMO game xD

@OP Technically, the whole point of an action game is to use complicated key combos for the best moves/attacks. The idea is to combine Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter-esque fighting with MMO RPG elements. If one eliminates the key combos the game is basically reduced to point and click which makes it resemble a strategy game or FPS more than an action game. But even when PA decides to make all skills/combos available for the action bar, at least one action element remains in the game, the need for precise timing of skills. ^_^

Edited by Serenata

Posted

WTS Skill 2k16 pre release. Honestly just remember it or open notepad next to the game with the keybinds so you can look over and remember them

Posted

I am assuming this is troll thread.

oah.jpg

Posted (edited)

No you can have up to 20 skills. KR just received a patch allowing you to keybind an additional 10 buttons aside from the original hotbar, and you can place the keys wherever you want (each keybind can be moved and edited individually). The F4 button here is one of the extra slots you can keybind, I put it as an example (along with the random rez skill I moved just to show you can).

aDDX65U.png

Keep in mind however that some skills cannot be moved to the bar at all and need to be used with their original keybinds. Similarly, some skills have to be moved to the hotbar and do not have default keybinds.

As I've said elsewhere, however, give the default keybinds a chance. They're rather intuitive and easy to use so try learning those first and you might like it. You will have to put a handful of skills on your bar no matter what, but outside of that the rest of the skills are not hard to learn.

Edited by Leiloni