• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Was going to preorder and play but now not

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Was really looking forward to a new sandbox experience. Was really looking for a game with a lot/most of it's end game being PVP. Was really looking forward to a game that finally was skill based and not gear based. I was very close to preordering the top package for BDO, and now I won't even consider touching the game. Why, you ask?  From what I can see the game is extremely weighted in the gear department, if anything more so then ANY game on the market (maybe even more so then AA). 

If you make a game THAT gear based, and no P2W, it is actually worse then a game that is less geared based and P2W. At least the latter the P2W part for those games is pretty cheap. Now you are going to have game that will die off in like the first year. Sure, you will have the founders, and no lifers but all it is going to take after the hype masses that leave every game is any *new* player seeing how they not only have no chance against players their level even if they were/became better skill wise, but also that they would never be able to catch up to this crazy enchant system. Scrapping the enchant system, or capping it at like +5 AT MOST, is the only way this game will ever survive post hype train. I won't even get into how screwed the players whom have jobs will be as well.

ANY sandbox with PVP that is 50% or higher as it's end game focus has to be heavily weighted towards skill based. This is what makes full loot games so appealing for the "real" pvp crowd. Those games the gear makes far less difference, and there isn't really any gear tier additions (like WoW system) over and over. People go out to PVP for the PVP experience in those games, the PVP is also more tactical and typically involves around capturing or defending structures...castles...towns..whatever as well. For some people even the politics, spies, alliances, and betrayals IS a huge part of the end game.

GG Korea

7 people like this

Posted

Do you feel better after that?

4 people like this

Posted

Was really looking forward to a new sandbox experience. Was really looking for a game with a lot/most of it's end game being PVP. Was really looking forward to a game that finally was skill based and not gear based. I was very close to preordering the top package for BDO, and now I won't even consider touching the game. Why, you ask?  

no, thank you, bye

5 people like this

Posted

The replay factor in this game is the vicious RNG circle of leveling your gear up.

get blackstone (rng), enchant (rng), fail (rng), repair (grind), x10,000 , upgrade from green to yellow (rng) wash, rinse repeat 

Posted

Was really looking forward to a new sandbox experience. Was really looking for a game with a lot/most of it's end game being PVP. Was really looking forward to a game that finally was skill based and not gear based. I was very close to preordering the top package for BDO, and now I won't even consider touching the game. Why, you ask?  From what I can see the game is extremely weighted in the gear department, if anything more so then ANY game on the market (maybe even more so then AA). 

If you make a game THAT gear based, and no P2W, it is actually worse then a game that is less geared based and P2W. At least the latter the P2W part for those games is pretty cheap. Now you are going to have game that will die off in like the first year. Sure, you will have the founders, and no lifers but all it is going to take after the hype masses that leave every game is any *new* player seeing how they not only have no chance against players their level even if they were/became better skill wise, but also that they would never be able to catch up to this crazy enchant system. Scrapping the enchant system, or capping it at like +5 AT MOST, is the only way this game will ever survive post hype train. I won't even get into how screwed the players whom have jobs will be as well.

ANY sandbox with PVP that is 50% or higher as it's end game focus has to be heavily weighted towards skill based. This is what makes full loot games so appealing for the "real" pvp crowd. Those games the gear makes far less difference, and there isn't really any gear tier additions (like WoW system) over and over. People go out to PVP for the PVP experience in those games, the PVP is also more tactical and typically involves around capturing or defending structures...castles...towns..whatever as well. For some people even the politics, spies, alliances, and betrayals IS a huge part of the end game.

GG Korea

game is p2w in korea & russia tho`....

just sayin...

Posted

Plus it's really not that fucking hard to have competing gear.  I had my first account pin locked,  now I'm on second with 2 50s, a +15 weapon anD +9 armor set in less than a week should be +15 armor in a week then go for the Duo on weapon then it's the grind to 55

Posted (edited)

Plus it's really not that fucking hard to have competing gear.  I had my first account pin locked,  now I'm on second with 2 50s, a +15 weapon anD +9 armor set in less than a week should be +15 armor in a week then go for the Duo on weapon then it's the grind to 55

so lets take it by your example and assume it will be the same way in NA launch. The problem, and a massive one at that, is I have not heard anything about a limit. Not only that is the massive increase on stats (and hidden) that enchanting does anyway... to the point of someone being lower enchantment on their gear doing nothing do someone with higher. That is not PVP....nor PVP centric. That is basically no different then a PVE grind game masking itself as a PVP sandbox (no different then Archeage). If it was really PVP centric, and molded more towards a western audience in the NA launch, then the game would not only have a maximum enchant level, but also one that doesn't take months to achieve for the average player with a job. In real PVP sandboxes gear is an afterthought when compared to skill. 

Lets take an example.  If the max enchant was +15, and it became the norm to see ~65% of the game pop at that level in the same month of launch (assuming there is no PVP loot system put in). You will see more people PVPing, and more people having fun. The endgame of a sandbox shouldn't be grind X or Y and RNG this or RNG that... that is completely oxymoron to the idea of "sandbox". The endgame should be player driven. Player driven economy, Player driven politics... including alliances...betrayals..spies...etc... Player driven war and strategy... Player created content like structures or housing.

Edited by ShadowbaneDFall
1 person likes this

Posted

The idea of player driven cannot happen in any way. Because of reasons. Not everyone will play the game with the right morals, there will be people abusing this system. The fact that this game is gear based with an enchanting system is bad. Full loot cannot happen, because imagine dropping ur +20 weapon that you grinded for years. So if there is no reward in killing people in OWPvP then what is the point in it at all? All you're getting is negative karma. All your doing is to get targeted for having negative karma.

Posted

The idea of player driven cannot happen in any way. Because of reasons. Not everyone will play the game with the right morals, there will be people abusing this system. The fact that this game is gear based with an enchanting system is bad. Full loot cannot happen, because imagine dropping ur +20 weapon that you grinded for years. So if there is no reward in killing people in OWPvP then what is the point in it at all? All you're getting is negative karma. All your doing is to get targeted for having negative karma.

I wasn't asking for full loot, but full loot could happen if they just make changes to the game to actually mold it for actual PVPers. If gear itself is only a small portion of your over all stats, there is a cap (like +15 or even lower enchant level), AND to get half way to that cap is very easily obtainable... full loot would be an amazing option. This is the true way to make a  PVP sandbox (even more so if it is not tab target). You basically explained exactly WHY this game will not last long at all (with anything close to a healthy pop I mean) in the statement "your +20 weapon that you grinded for years".  

Posted

Go crawl back to your troll cave

ahh the 'ole "I have nothing mature and intellectual to contribute to the conversation" response.

1 person likes this

Posted

ahh the 'ole "I have nothing mature and intellectual to contribute to the conversation" response.

Better watch what you say or criticize around here or the whole site will be at your throat...

I understand where you are coming from with your preference for wanting skill based PvP more than the gear carry type PvP and if you want a game like that you might want to check out Blade and Soul which is in CBT right now. But then that game has a whole bunch of issues such as censoring and stuff which I don't approve of. It's fun to be a gamer in 2015 huh?

Posted

Better watch what you say or criticize around here or the whole site will be at your throat...

I understand where you are coming from with your preference for wanting skill based PvP more than the gear carry type PvP and if you want a game like that you might want to check out Blade and Soul which is in CBT right now. But then that game has a whole bunch of issues such as censoring and stuff which I don't approve of. It's fun to be a gamer in 2015 huh?

If they are going to be at my throat for calling out someone on being childish, I say bring it on.

I have heard a little about BnS but haven't really kept up on it. I guess I would love a new and improved Darkfall/Shadowbane (if my name didn't give it away), but as always I have had to settle for less... it's just seems these past few years have been filled with over hyped games that claim to be something they aren't like "PVP sandbox".

Posted

it's just seems these past few years have been filled with over hyped games that claim to be something they aren't like "PVP sandbox".

You hit the nail on the head. This is what I meant by being a gamer in 2015 is fun.

People buy into the false promises made by gaming companies more and more as each year passes. Games like Darkfall and Shadowbane are a thing of the past now sadly... All people care about is their 1080P 60 FPS amazing looking games. Who cares about the content right?

3 people like this

Posted

If they are going to be at my throat for calling out someone on being childish, I say bring it on.
I have heard a little about BnS but haven't really kept up on it. I guess I would love a new and improved Darkfall/Shadowbane (if my name didn't give it away), but as always I have had to settle for less... it's just seems these past few years have been filled with over hyped games that claim to be something they aren't like "PVP sandbox".

KR max WAS +15 forever, then the only ones really higher is Pri, Duo, and Tri, so basically +18 max.

Posted

Instead of crying not to buy it. Help us as the community to downscale the enchantment factor ;) 

- Jeasy

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is what I came across on reddit:

No gear in this game is bound.

However, please take these posts with a grain of salt. Right now, most NA players have at most two months of experience playing the game. They are also on average very averse to grinding monsters compared to most KR players. Because of this, many consider gear that the average KR player would have after two or three weeks of gameplay to be overwhelmingly strong.

The very best gear in the game, and the standard for all players who have been on Black Desert for a meaningful amount of time is 'boss gear'. Like their name implies, each piece is dropped by a specific boss in the game. The weapons in particular are very rare, as they are dropped by world bosses which spawn roughly twice in any day.

Even if someone were to decide to sell their boss gear rather than using it, Black Desert's Auction House has a minimum and maximum listing price for every item. Daum, the developer, manually adjusts the prices for each item weekly. Because of boss gear's rarity, even at the maximum AH price is it SIGNIFICANTLY underpriced. This means not only do less pieces get posted to AH instead of used, but when they are posted, the AH is absolutely flooded with people trying to purchase the item. A piece of boss armor will be purchased within 300 milliseconds of hitting the market. The Auction House also requires a captcha for purchase, so there are not bots sniping these items.

What no one here complaining will ever answer is how even $100,000 USD worth of silver is going to improve your odds of actually obtaining this gear. You will spend longer sitting in front of the AH attempting to buy a set of this gear than it will take even an average NA player to obtain the entire set of gear that comes before boss armor.

The best a 'pay2winner' could do is spend out like $350 for a set of gear that a normal player would earn in maybe 2 weeks. This gear is not OP, it's far far far from the best in the game, and is largely 'functional'. You will be able to grind at most places in the game.

To read more:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3n7h5e/black_desert_is_pay_to_winin_terms_of_getting/  

I do think that gear matters alot in this game but I don't really care I don't really need the BEST.

Edited by Do0msDay
1 person likes this

Posted

BnS skill based pvp? BnS is heavily dependent on items, and it has almost no guild presence in game. BnS is basically a raid simulator, so if you are into that kind of thing, good for you, but i feel like that game is over hyped and really really repetitive after 2 months

2 people like this

Posted

GG Korea

You are right, this is not such a game. All that matters here is gear: be lucky and have a large group to help you being "lucky" in killing those top rated monsters that give the best gear, grind RNG to reach stats that very few can challenge, and then... die of boredom or enjoy "winning" in kills that is no different from playing God mode in single player games.

I still preordered though. But not for the so called PvP here. I just want to explore the world a bit, and... that's all. I think they deserve the money because the graphics alone. That's all. Pushing the graphics level beyond any other MMO and even most single player games - it's trully amazing. That's why I paid them, without regrets. Of course, this will get old soon. But I'm looking forward to highly promising, trully PvP based games; Camelot Unchained above all. Black Desert will help fill the gap. I know, would have been great if this game were something else... but that's up to those who paid, invested time, money and maybe even a part of their soul into this; and made it what they dreamed to be. I can respect that, and enjoy the parts I like.

1 person likes this

Posted

So you are telling me when Zerg vs Zerg vs AfkLoLTrain will collide, you will need BiS items already ??? Just from your pov i can see that you are pretty much elitist (like me) but you'already made a statement before you actually played the game and see if its truly gear or gear+skill or skill. 

God, i love this ppl. 

I wish there forums were sub only and just a LoLSubforum available for those that are not interested to play. 

Posted

It's very gear based indeed if you want to enjoy the game for a little while I suggest getting the cheapest pack and enjoy the release until mediah patch hits, after mediah patch the game is full gear-to-win.

You'll have a few months of enjoyment though, I say it's worth the 30 bucks. 

Posted

BnS skill based pvp? BnS is heavily dependent on items, and it has almost no guild presence in game. BnS is basically a raid simulator, so if you are into that kind of thing, good for you, but i feel like that game is over hyped and really really repetitive after 2 months

BnS is heavily dependent on items

No? Have you been in the arena? You have access to 0 items. Also if you want to do open world PvP the cool-downs are quite large so you have to use them wisely not just spam HP potions till the first person to run out loses.

almost no guild presence in game

Have no experience with guilds so I won't comment on this.

BnS is basically a raid simulator

Well... I mean it's and MMO that is instanced based? Should it simulate something else? That is the point of the game.

I feel like that game is over hyped and really really repetitive after 2 months

Basically every game released after 2007 ever? Even this one.

Posted

I thought it was different this game, reading these posts, I feel like poratarci my comunity. I thought it was a sadbox, but instead is a game based on the cargoes and no valid content for pvp.

Posted

So you are telling me when Zerg vs Zerg vs AfkLoLTrain will collide, you will need BiS items already ??? Just from your pov i can see that you are pretty much elitist (like me) but you'already made a statement before you actually played the game and see if its truly gear or gear+skill or skill. 

God, i love this ppl. 

I wish there forums were sub only and just a LoLSubforum available for those that are not interested to play. 

Just from your pov i can see that you are pretty much elitist (like me)

(like me) Hah.

but you'already made a statement before you actually played the game and see if its truly gear or gear+skill or skill. 

The game has already been released in many other regions so we know what the game is like. From what we have seen and from what I have played the game is very gear heavy.

I wish there forums were sub only

Echo chambers are not healthy for a games development.

Posted

No? Have you been in the arena? You have access to 0 items. Also if you want to do open world PvP the cool-downs are quite large so you have to use them wisely not just spam HP potions till the first person to run out loses.

Yes, you don't have access to equipment in the arena, but what about the faction battleground? That spot is a huge pvp ground where you definitely need extremely good gear in order to level up your faction points. I agree that PvP in the arena would be able to offer what op is talking about, but i personally would only consider arena PvP only a small part of the PvP experiences that one can have in an MMO.

BnS is basically a raid simulator

Well... I mean it's and MMO that is instanced based? Should it simulate something else? That is the point of the game.

I feel like that game is over hyped and really really repetitive after 2 months

Basically every game released after 2007 ever? Even this one

So you think that having nothing to do other than logging in to run the 6 small, 3 normal, and the 6 hard instances is good game play design? In BDO you can feel that you are part of a world that can be affected by what you do; whereas in BnS, you can only grind instances to get better gear so that you can grind the next instance. BnS's end game content is running instances, and you literally have NOTHING TO DO other than running instances. 

In BDO, when i get bored of grinding mobs, i can go do a bunch of life skills that generates gold and exp, I can group up with the guild and go kill guild scroll bosses, I can join GvG siege events. What can a player in BnS do? enter the 1v1, 3v3 arena and fight it out the whole day?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the play style of BnS, but the novelty would go off really fast after you are done with the story content. In that context though, I really like BnS's story and I felt that is a huge factor for people who are new to MMOs.

Posted (edited)

If you don't like how the game works you're not welcome here, Devs cannot cater for every possible request. Deal with it.

Edited by Donsuke
Screw my spelling
1 person likes this