• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Was going to preorder and play but now not

51 posts in this topic

Posted

If you don't like how the game works you're not welcome here, Devs cannot cater for every possible request. Deal with it.

Are you serious? That is a bad attitude to have. This is what is slowly killing MMO gameplay. People like you tell people to go away because they have some opinions about the game they want to state and you don't like. OP is stating why he doesn't like the game and why he isn't going to go through with his purchase. Also gear balanced PVP is something that's quite popular and maybe the devs could implement something like this if enough people let them know what they want.

2 people like this

Posted

Was really looking forward to a new sandbox experience. Was really looking for a game with a lot/most of it's end game being PVP. Was really looking forward to a game that finally was skill based and not gear based. I was very close to preordering the top package for BDO, and now I won't even consider touching the game. Why, you ask?  From what I can see the game is extremely weighted in the gear department, if anything more so then ANY game on the market (maybe even more so then AA). 

If you make a game THAT gear based, and no P2W, it is actually worse then a game that is less geared based and P2W. At least the latter the P2W part for those games is pretty cheap. Now you are going to have game that will die off in like the first year. Sure, you will have the founders, and no lifers but all it is going to take after the hype masses that leave every game is any *new* player seeing how they not only have no chance against players their level even if they were/became better skill wise, but also that they would never be able to catch up to this crazy enchant system. Scrapping the enchant system, or capping it at like +5 AT MOST, is the only way this game will ever survive post hype train. I won't even get into how screwed the players whom have jobs will be as well.

ANY sandbox with PVP that is 50% or higher as it's end game focus has to be heavily weighted towards skill based. This is what makes full loot games so appealing for the "real" pvp crowd. Those games the gear makes far less difference, and there isn't really any gear tier additions (like WoW system) over and over. People go out to PVP for the PVP experience in those games, the PVP is also more tactical and typically involves around capturing or defending structures...castles...towns..whatever as well. For some people even the politics, spies, alliances, and betrayals IS a huge part of the end game.

GG Korea

Nothing wrong with admitting the game isn't for you. Take care and good luck with finding a better mmo for your playstyle.

Posted

Are you serious? That is a bad attitude to have. This is what is slowly killing MMO gameplay. People like you tell people to go away because they have some opinions about the game they want to state and you don't like. OP is stating why he doesn't like the game and why he isn't going to go through with his purchase. Also gear balanced PVP is something that's quite popular and maybe the devs could implement something like this if enough people let them know what they want.

I would say asking every game development company for the same game features and watching game after game fail for implementing them is whats killing mmo's

1 person likes this

Posted

The replay factor in this game is the vicious RNG circle of leveling your gear up.

get blackstone (rng), enchant (rng), fail (rng), repair (grind), x10,000 , upgrade from green to yellow (rng) wash, rinse repeat 

In essence, pretty much everything in mmos is grinding. PvP, PvE, OWpvp, gvg, etc. Some types are more tolerable than others.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Was really looking forward to a new sandbox experience. Was really looking for a game with a lot/most of it's end game being PVP. Was really looking forward to a game that finally was skill based and not gear based. I was very close to preordering the top package for BDO, and now I won't even consider touching the game. Why, you ask?  From what I can see the game is extremely weighted in the gear department, if anything more so then ANY game on the market (maybe even more so then AA). 

If you make a game THAT gear based, and no P2W, it is actually worse then a game that is less geared based and P2W. At least the latter the P2W part for those games is pretty cheap. Now you are going to have game that will die off in like the first year. Sure, you will have the founders, and no lifers but all it is going to take after the hype masses that leave every game is any *new* player seeing how they not only have no chance against players their level even if they were/became better skill wise, but also that they would never be able to catch up to this crazy enchant system. Scrapping the enchant system, or capping it at like +5 AT MOST, is the only way this game will ever survive post hype train. I won't even get into how screwed the players whom have jobs will be as well.

ANY sandbox with PVP that is 50% or higher as it's end game focus has to be heavily weighted towards skill based. This is what makes full loot games so appealing for the "real" pvp crowd. Those games the gear makes far less difference, and there isn't really any gear tier additions (like WoW system) over and over. People go out to PVP for the PVP experience in those games, the PVP is also more tactical and typically involves around capturing or defending structures...castles...towns..whatever as well. For some people even the politics, spies, alliances, and betrayals IS a huge part of the end game.

GG Korea

Listen, the game is originally a Korean MMO, meaning its elements are inherently grind based. To suspect this isn't the case from the start is ignorance. IN FACT, the grind is going UP in comparison to the Korean version in NA and EU because they deem it too fast to hit 50. Personally I don't agree with this methodology because there won't be a single person having actual fun slow grinding their way to end game, but it's the way things are turning out. This games strongest point is its action oriented combat. I think a lot of individuals are flocking to it in the hopes that it is some open world Vindictus. People are hoping for some excellent graphics, great PvP, and hopefully soon, a PvE experience to remember. I think either you straight up failed to do your research and it only now dawned upon you what kind of game this is, or you're fishing for attention. Either to me doesn't seem to be the correct choice of action. Especially without actually giving the game a chance yourself first. It's an MMO bud and there are a very small handful that do things the way you want; if there are any, that is.

Edited by Brandon

Posted

I may be biased or an idiot but i must say, when i see people complain about pvp not being skilled based, it reminds me of killer instict people playing cinder....

Always wonder what people consider skill and not-skill. Skill base on an mmo will NEVER happen. Their are TOO many factors, ping/lag, response time, computer system, etc. Someone getting allot of nice gear and leveling it up is a type of skill if you didn't know (not saying it the right or wrong way to go about it) but it may indeed take some skill to get the gear (even it is skill at being patient enough to do the long grind to do so and not bash their head into the monitor or throw the computer on the 100th fail to upgrade item to that +20 or to the top tier color). Just because someone has faster or better reflex or computer does not equate skill, it equates to better reflex or more money spent, just like someone with best gear equates to allot of time spent or good RNG. Never seen an mmo that requires skill of a player to pvp, just competence to pvp.

As for the Pay to win that others mentioned, I am not sure how that is going to happen, The term pay to win is where you buy something from the cash shop to get the edge. If you buy something from the cash shop and sell it on the auction house then spend that money on something in game DOES NOT EQUATE TO PAY TO WIN, it just means that you payed money and sold it, then took that money to buy in game stuff. If spending money to get in game currency indirectly is pay to win, then EVERY game is a pay to win game. When everquest was subscription based and didn't have a cash shop, you could buy currency from plat farmers, obviously that game was pay to win then. People need to stop the pay-to-win this, and pay-to-win that stuff as it does no equate. I have read many posts on pay-to-win on KR and RU servers and you need to spend ALLOT of real money and sell the costumes/pets to get enough money to even compete in top tier gear (if you can find it on the auction house). I have not seen people buying the "ogre necklace" from the cash shop, nor do i think the game makers are going to implement it. If people want to spend real life money on in game currency, they will find a way to do it no matter what restrictions they have. Either with costume/pet sales, or directly from the in game currency farmers. When a game offers items from shop for a DIRECT advantage that is pay to win (kind of like EQ's cash shop they have now, decent gear that is hard to get drops off of for leveling alts).

Posted

this is not a SANDBOX!!!!!!!!

Posted

If you don't like how the game works you're not welcome here, Devs cannot cater for every possible request. Deal with it.

This is a beta test; I am pretty sure the devs want to hear as much feedback as possible, actually.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you serious? That is a bad attitude to have.

So is the attitude to try to cater to everyone.

Posted

Just provide feedback, I know I will.

Posted

This is a beta test; I am pretty sure the devs want to hear as much feedback as possible, actually.

Just provide feedback, I know I will.

Most of the feedback that people will give will have zero chance of getting into our version due to how little Daum can actually change the game. Even getting an old system back in is apparently a tall order.

Posted

Most of the feedback that people will give will have zero chance of getting into our version due to how little Daum can actually change the game. Even getting an old system back in is apparently a tall order.

If I see content I don't like in the overseas versions I'll make my concerns heard. And if it makes it in I'll ready my pitch fork with the rest of the community. You can hope for the best while preparing for the worst. I know they are making attempts at darker nights, which is much smaller in scope but we would of probably never gotten the chance to test it out if the community didn't ask for it. So it is worth it in my opinion to provide as much feedback as possible. 

Posted

Posted

So is the attitude to try to cater to everyone.

Do you not understand what feedback is? Information about reactions to a product. In no way is Daum ever going to cater to everyone but if enough feedback is submitted about OPs issues maybe in the future we could possibly get results.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately my friend I understand your feelings of disenfranchisement when it comes to MMOs all too well. As other people in this post have put it, that's MMOs and if you don't like it, don't play it. I don't mean it in a rude or forceful way either though; I suggest playing a MOBA, and if that isn't your style I urge you to try Smite. In MMOs it's important to make gear relevant, it grants the illusion of gaining power over others as you've put time into the game. Elder Scrolls Online is my current most played MMO and I have multiple fully vetted/geared characters; THIS TAKES MONTHS. However when I find the grind to be wearing on my patience, or if I'm unable to find a fair fight, since I run solo or small group often in ESO since the whole ballgroup thing (I digress) I hop into Smite's Arena mode for some action combat based PvP that strives on total player skill and knowledge. It isn't like other MOBAs like LoL, it is much more fast paced, and action oriented. Though I also implore you to devout some time to this game as well. I find in MMOs if you want an immersive and rewarding game, gear and character level has to take some, if not a lot of precedence over skill in end game PvP. I don't mind grinding my eyes out to get competitive gear in an MMO, it's part of the experience.

Edited by Zimm
miswording

Posted

Do you not understand what feedback is? Information about reactions to a product. In no way is Daum ever going to cater to everyone but if enough feedback is submitted about OPs issues maybe in the future we could possibly get results.

?

What does that have to do with my post?

Posted

Unfortunately my friend I understand your feelings of disenfranchisement when it comes to MMOs all too well. As other people in this post have put it, that's MMOs and if you don't like it, don't play it. I don't mean it in a rude or forceful way either though; I suggest playing a MOBA, and if that isn't your style I urge you to try Smite. In MMOs it's important to make gear relevant, it grants the illusion of gaining power over others as you've put time into the game. Elder Scrolls Online is my current most played MMO and I have multiple fully vetted/geared characters; THIS TAKES MONTHS. However when I find the grind to be wearing on my patience, or if I'm unable to find a fair fight, since I run solo or small group often in ESO since the whole ballgroup thing (I digress) I hop into Smite's Arena mode for some action combat based PvP that strives on total player skill and knowledge. It isn't like other MOBAs like LoL, it is much more fast paced, and action oriented. Though I also implore you to devout some time to this game as well. I find in MMOs if you want an immersive and rewarding game, gear and character level has to take some, if not a lot of precedence over skill in end game PvP. I don't mind grinding my eyes out to get competitive gear in an MMO, it's part of the experience.

Actually in fact not all MMOs are/were like that, so you are incorrect there.
I raise you Shadowbane and Darkfall (+UW)

The scales heavily, HEAVILY favored towards skill based over gear (especially in DF).

Was the a grind? Sure. Did gear *make* a difference? Sure, but only minor when compared to skill. Perhaps I am just a dying breed of PVPer. One thing is for sure, BDO is clearly not a sandbox, nor is it PVP *centric*. They took the worst parts of L2 and the worst parts of Archeage and slapped them in a game that had a chance to be a bright star in a stale market.

Posted (edited)

You have no idea how people like you are the reasons why gaming community are getting worse and worse, seriously, do you act like this with people in real life too? 

Edited by Thisisadisplayname

Posted

The replay factor in this game is the vicious RNG circle of leveling your gear up.

get blackstone (rng), enchant (rng), fail (rng), repair (grind), x10,000 , upgrade from green to yellow (rng) wash, rinse repeat 

Just why. I hate rng and so I hate any kind of enchanting.

Why not simply give a weapon with stats and END OF THE LINE..

Posted

GG Korea

Camelot unchained 2016

Posted

Camalot Unchained 2016 my friend.

Posted

I understand that their power is limited, but to say that we shouldn't submit feedback is silly. Even if they don't make the changes we ask for, we should at least let our voices be heard.

Posted

You have no idea how people like you are the reasons why gaming community are getting worse and worse, seriously, do you act like this with people in real life too? 

Yes I do interact with people in real life like this too. You got a problem?

Posted

so lets take it by your example and assume it will be the same way in NA launch. The problem, and a massive one at that, is I have not heard anything about a limit. Not only that is the massive increase on stats (and hidden) that enchanting does anyway... to the point of someone being lower enchantment on their gear doing nothing do someone with higher. That is not PVP....nor PVP centric. That is basically no different then a PVE grind game masking itself as a PVP sandbox (no different then Archeage). If it was really PVP centric, and molded more towards a western audience in the NA launch, then the game would not only have a maximum enchant level, but also one that doesn't take months to achieve for the average player with a job. In real PVP sandboxes gear is an afterthought when compared to skill. 
Lets take an example.  If the max enchant was +15, and it became the norm to see ~65% of the game pop at that level in the same month of launch (assuming there is no PVP loot system put in). You will see more people PVPing, and more people having fun. The endgame of a sandbox shouldn't be grind X or Y and RNG this or RNG that... that is completely oxymoron to the idea of "sandbox". The endgame should be player driven. Player driven economy, Player driven politics... including alliances...betrayals..spies...etc... Player driven war and strategy... Player created content like structures or housing.

You realize gear does not have level requirements right? You basically level your gear and character and skill points at the same time.

Most games you get to end game and then level up your gear for pvp. This game is truly sandbox, you have to increase every aspect of your character (and has the opportunity to) every step of the way. Heck, in pvp your horses and carrying weight play a role.

I am happy with +15. The consensus from KrBDO players is that two month should be enough for all your gear to be +15. It is what happens AFTER that is really annoying (+16/17 being very strong).

It is my hope they balance +16 to +20 to be less gear based, OR remove it altogether.

Posted (edited)

GG Korea

I still have hopes our client can change many of the korean / russian crap from our client.

If not then it will be a very short lived mmo, much shorter then Archeage as Archeage mixed it up with a themepark stylish contend.

Here you have endless mob grinding and whack a boss for 30 mintues with your eyes closed.

pvp is restricted so bad it makes World of Warcraft look like a hardcore pvp mmo.

Lets see where this ends before launch, if it stays the same then damn....i wonder where they will earn the money from as not many players will remain.

Perhaps thats the reason we have our buy to play client instead of a free to play client :P 

Edited by Krogos