• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Furniture Durability and much much more!

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

One of two things need to change because this is becoming overwhelming with all of the stuff it looks like I'll have to manage to get the decor that I want.

As it stands now, I have redeemed my house decor coupons this morning. I already have a red bar in durability for my cash shop bed after getting in and out of it several times and staying in it for no more than 30 minutes total. (This has proven to be a bug. My bed has stayed in the yellow zone all week. Again, it is hard to determine any loss of durability or how quickly it is being lost since it is simply a color bar. This still does not make me approve of durability beds from the cash shop. After a few years we might end up with a bunch of broken beds we cannot bring ourselves to deleting but we want the +3 buff. This alone marks the system as unworkable.) In order to get the highly valued energy regen bonus I would have to purchase another bed which I imagine would add up very quickly.

All of these issues are creating quite the tall stack of grievances. Here are just a few that's currently making me seethe: 

• Quickly  Deteriorating cash shop furniture (Please don't tell me to just use the ugly as sin in game furniture. That is not the point. The cash shop furniture should not be this problematic).
  • Costumes that cost about as much as the basic preorder AND they aren't even account wide.
  • One time use dyes. I'm so tired of this ongoing trend of color pallets=premium content. At least in Guild Wars 2 they were unlockable (and people spent thousands on them [I myself spent at least $100 when a new color set came out]).
  • Skill resets behind paywall.

Fixes that would instill some trust in this company (which is truly hanging on by a thread if the online communities are any indication).

• Remove furniture durability. You are already sticking it to us with the one time use wallpapers and flooring. Having to buy a new bed everyday everytime it breaks (no matter if it's a month or a year away) is beyond terrible. Or give us an ingame source of repairing broken furniture but also decrease the rate of deterioration. 
  • The cost of costumes has been discussed at length. PA has been given a mountain of ideas voiced by concerned customers. The response; $3 off. I give up. Hopefully PA can catch enough money whales before this backfires. -Or- make them account wide. One or the other DAUM. Not both.
  • Guild Wars 2 dye system. I have pooled all my dyes in a pallet and there they will stay. I cannot bring myself to using 1 time dyes.
  • Remove. The. Skill. Resets. From. The. Cash. Shop.

I have spent hundreds a month in Guild Wars 2. I will not do this here if I find no value in what is being offered. My trust in PA is dwindling and I hate it because I love this game. I want to spend my hobby money here but I cannot without feeling like I am getting ripped off. It puts me in a tight place of supporting a great game while sacrificing sound judgement.

Also; I just noticed by bookshelves have a red durability bar as well. I think I used them once just to see what they did...so, like the skill reset cash shop items prove, this game is punishing to people who want to experiment.

Edited by Lostarot
Keeping things as factual as possible
41 people like this

Posted

I do kind of feel the furniture durability is rather low or unnecessary. It has me not even using my furniture because I don't want to lose my stuff. =(

1 person likes this

Posted

Furniture should not be such a rapidly consumable source. If a bed lasted two years and then you had to buy another...for the sake of realism...I wouldn't complain. However, what would be the point then? They need to remove it all together. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The cash shop furniture items definitely shouldn't have a durability on them.

6 people like this

Posted

as I was told cash shop furniture didnt brake it just stops giving buffs on 0 duribility.

it would be nice if cash shop stuff lasted forever tho

1 person likes this

Posted

*sigh* starting to sound like I invested in the wrong game. . .I'll just grind for everything. ..

(._.   )

Posted

as I was told cash shop furniture didnt brake it just stops giving buffs on 0 duribility.

it would be nice if cash shop stuff lasted forever tho

I'm aware of this however one such buff, the bed, is something you always want and with the pricetag...you should always get.

2 people like this

Posted

This is very interesting, but if buffs from furniture never degraded then the game would be more P2W?

Although having durability on furniture seems kinda unrealistic unless you have a really mad angry cat that hates the scratching post you bought them.

I'll play Devils advocate here and say that maybe buffs would be better off not on furniture, maybe on titles earned by completing certain achievement in-game?

1 person likes this

Posted

^ They aren't greedy, the game hasn't even launched yet, thus they are more than open to suggestions or solutions to their under-explored decisions. The suggestion forum is here for a reason, if there are enough agreements with a change then they will make it. It is unnecessary and immature to flame a company for no reason.

It is even possible that this is a bug with the furniture, there were more bugs a few days ago with the furniture.

To OP, it is unlikely cs prices will be further adjusted. Be grateful for a 10% reduction if any at all. I gotta be that person and say if you have an issue with the cs furniture, just use the free furniture to regain energy until you've saved up enough money to buy the cs furniture.

Other than that, +1

Posted (edited)

^ They aren't greedy, the game hasn't even launched yet, thus they are more than open to suggestions or solutions to their under-explored decisions. The suggestion forum is here for a reason, if there are enough agreements with a change then they will make it. It is unnecessary and immature to flame a company for no reason.

It is even possible that this is a bug with the furniture, there were more bugs a few days ago with the furniture.

To OP, it is unlikely cs prices will be further adjusted. Be grateful for a 10% reduction if any at all. I gotta be that person and say if you have an issue with the cs furniture, just use the free furniture to regain energy until you've saved up enough money to buy the cs furniture.

Other than that, +1

I hAve all the resources to buy anything I want in the store at any time I wish. That is not the issue. The issue is the feeling of being ripped off. Spent hundreds a month in GW2 and I really want to support this company and do the same but I see the differences in how my dollar is valued in BDO versus the magic I could do with $50 in GW2. I can't stress this enough. There are many of us with wads of cash ready to throw into this game... but like myself I am noticing a lot of people saying they can't justify most of the cash shop purchases at these prices. Again... I'm staying here. I love the game...but I'm not going to spend money to receive a fraction of the value in return. It has really distressed me since launch. If there are no changes that fall within the realm of reasonable I don't see myself ever justifying a purchase aside from the pets which are very reasonably priced.

...and the boat skin...but I want to have that epic feel of building my boat first.

This is very interesting, but if buffs from furniture never degraded then the game would be more P2W?

Although having durability on furniture seems kinda unrealistic unless you have a really mad angry cat that hates the scratching post you bought them.

I'll play Devils advocate here and say that maybe buffs would be better off not on furniture, maybe on titles earned by completing certain achievement in-game?

The thing is that you can buy an energy regening bed in game that restores +2. However I like the looks of the cash shop beds more. So I need 2 beds...1 for show (when the cash shop bed breaks) and the other for the buff? It just seems ....clunky. I like my RP house to make sense and also be functional where possible

Edited by Lostarot
2 people like this

Posted

Cash shop items should not be perishable, period. Its very "Asian Market" - cash grab-ish

The developers need ot realize, (and I mean real quick),  that the markets are not the same and the expectations are not the same.

All one has to do is look at the other import titles that have employed that kind of hidden costs bussiness model, and see that they quickly erroded their own brand loyalty and have needed to change their practices to adopt to the western market place.

Sell me value, not built-in obselescence. Thats how you earn my loyalty as a customer. I mean, do you really need to repeat the mistakes of the other developers, just to end up ultimately changing your model just like they did? Only after having hurt your own brand reputation? Really?

4 people like this

Posted

Cash shop items should not be perishable, period. Its very "Asian Market" - cash grab-ish

The developers need ot realize, (and I mean real quick),  that the markets are not the same and the expectations are not the same.

All one has to do is look at the other import titles that have employed that kind of hidden costs bussiness model, and see that they quickly erroded their own brand loyalty and have needed to change their practices to adopt to the western market place.

Sell me value, not built-in obselescence. Thats how you earn my loyalty as a customer. I mean, do you really need to repeat the mistakes of the other developers, just to end up ultimately changing your model just like they did? Only after having hurt your own brand reputation? Really?

The sad truth is that every game like this one does manage to hook some whale wallets however it never is sustaining, a flash in the pan event, and then they always have to adjust. By then, as you have so elegantly expressed, the damage is done. 

The only eastern MMORPG port that's impressed me with their genuine concern for how their choices will effect the happiness of their clients; Square-Enix. The reparations Naoki Yoshida made in the game's rebirth... couldn't help but applaud. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

aha.... 

Edited by userOnline

Posted

I haven't come to use the furniture or colours, but reading such horror stories about them, makes me hesitate to even try.

Btw. aren't the skill reset stuff also available via loyalty store? I just checked, but could only find one for the horse in an old list. You shouldn't be needing too many of them anyway, they are not stuff like furniture that forces you to buy again and again. Once you have revised your skills at 50+ one time, you should be fine for a while... at least long enough to get them from the loyalty store maybe? Skill resets have been even not available at all in older MMORPGs or only via cash shop or end game raid content.

Posted (edited)

I think you have this figure out all wrong , I will not spend any time to try explain to you why .Clearly you are one of the customers that have things backwards and i leave it at that.

1.The OP have very good reasons for this post.

2.If anyone should be greatful  is Daum as with out us the customers this game would be another flop. And judging how things are at this point  that's where this game is heading.

Out of curiosity.. Did you by chance emphasize the strong points on the other persons post in your quote? :)

People like everyone on this forum page are the ones that ruin games.. You get the Devs to focus on random points that doesn't suit YOUR needs rather than focusing on the big things of the game. Lostarot is worried about not getting the proper value from the beds because the one he/she likes is expensive so he/she is forced to use an in-game bed rather than the fancy cash shop one. If it bothers you that much, find another house in that town for your bed and then have your Role-Play house completely separate..

As for your #2 post, the one who should be grateful is us, for having the chance to play a game that has so far, been amazing in nearly every regard other than these little minute details.

-Yes the cash-shop beds need to have a durability extension, or even better, a special furniture workbench cash-shop item to repair furniture.

-No you shouldn't complain about what they put on their cash-shop, because it is their cash-shop, if you don't like what they put there then don't buy it, if there are enough people like you in the world then no one will buy it and the Devs will notice that it hasn't been bought, once they have finished working on any potential game-breaking bugs.

-No there shouldn't be a problem with them having their skill reset on the cash-shop, because most games don't even have a way for you to skill reset, and some more recently, have an up and down value and you have to wait for the skill to decrease and/or be replaced, which yes is more customizable, but if you aren't math savvy, is a severe pain.

-The costumes can cost whatever they want, if it's too much then don't buy it, simple as that. In other games costumes have cost god awful prices and they are still highly viable and active games, because the content that is so expensive is only bought by a few people and not everyone complains about things that don't concern them.

We may be the funders/supporters of their game, but they are the ones bringing us this game, we have to help them make a better game than the rivals we would go to, because the rivals we would go to are giving a bad game with a bad cash shop, this game is good, but they have areas that could use work, instead of setting a torch to them before they even start, either sit and wait, or voice a suggestion, not a confrontation about YOUR wants.

Edited by Wolfe Grimmeth
double posted for some reason
1 person likes this

Posted

Furniture durability is ridiculous. IRL a good piece of furniature will be passed down to your kids. Even crap from Walmart lasts years. 

The dye situation is depressing. The combine to basically reroll is just heartbreaking. 

Posted (edited)

um...

Edited by userOnline
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree 100%. Total BS crap needs changes asap.  They should remove Pet Food for the pets... If you have max the amount they need to eat is dumb.  Oh but you can get better version in Cash Shop... I am having my doubts about this game... Let see how i turns out in few weeks.

Edited by MxnPride

Posted

...this game is punishing to people who want to experiment.

Exactly! :\

1 person likes this

Posted

i didnt know that furnitures have durability.. really!?!? why would i ever buy furniture for real money if it simply break after a short time, with no possibility to repair it? 
This is really really annoying... same with dyes.. cant stress how much i hate this rng one use system ><

What is the price of a cash shop bed? 8 or 10 euros? :S  

Posted

@userOnline

Would you mind providing a link to this "unfortunate launch of Conquer pack owners" please?

I for one think the only issue they had with it was that they should've limited the amount of packs that could be bought simply because there was a horde of people at the start and it made it hard to start out on the first day or two.

I actually have higher standards than most people, I've eaten through several dozen MMORPG's in my life, about three recently, as well as a handful of large server survival games. I do understand the value of pushing them harder, but I also understand the difference between being suggested about something, being told to do something, and being asked to do something, each carries its own weight and has different effects on the psyche. My main worry is that because you are pushing them to work on something completely optional, they will end up lacking in areas that will draw more players to the game, rather than deepen the involvement of the few thousand currently playing.

I demand quality in both the requests and the product, I'm simply trying to advise you all do the same, otherwise it will be yet another flop in the MASSIVE MMO world.

@lilibat

As true as that may be, can you, IRL, run from one city to the next non-stop, day and night for weeks on end? Can you stand there for 18 hours straight IRL hours fishing, while god takes a nap and goes to work? Real life has limitations such as these, but to put them into the game would be "inconvenient" and would get players such as userOnline arguing that they HAVE to change it, so limitations must be placed in other areas.

1 person likes this

Posted

@ Wolfe Grimmeth Seem to me like you are one of the person that is easy to please most likely with low standards. 

If you don't demand quality and value for your money you don't deserve any and it's people like you that ruin  the game for players that expect quality and make the Devs. team work harder.

Perfect example was the unfortunate launch of Conquer pack owners and  over 40 pages forum full of complaining ,confusion and general disappointment right from the start. So please spare me your false  reasoning  in your post.

You lack the ability to Read sadly....
Otherwise you would note, that he wishes the games cash shop had better offerings...
However, this is the first few weeks of the game.

First few weeks of a game coming out of Closed beta, results in insane amounts of data, large quantities of bugs to be fixed, etc.
Most games do not get past this phase, as the bugs are still present years later, because the "cash shop" is perfect and beautiful.

Instead, it would be best to leave the cash shop alone for a time, allowing them to focus on Bugs that are needed for the major game play to move forward, and when they notice Sales are dwindling after there initial splurge of new players and excited wide eyed noobs, they will come to the realization that they are not making profits, and narrow that down.

A cash shop will always be fixed, as it is the primary goal of the game creators....
The bugs however, will always suffer shortly after the start of launch due to lack of funds after fixing trivial things, such as the cash shop.

Please do read, next time. as most of the posts thus far have mostly been useless to the conductive environment of conveying the real issues as hand, in a manner that is quick and concise enough for the dev's to scan through quickly. Time wastes are our enemies for new games needing hot fixes, etc.

stay-on-topic.jpg

Posted (edited)

ah 

Edited by userOnline
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

... eaten through several dozen MMORPG's in my life, about three recently, as well as a handful of large server survival games. I do understand the value of pushing them harder, but I also understand the difference between being suggested about something, being told to do something, and being asked to do something, each carries its own weight and has different effects on the psyche. My main worry is that because you are pushing them to work on something completely optional, they will end up lacking in areas that will draw more players to the game, rather than deepen the involvement of the few thousand currently playing.

Making a purchase that I am confident in and that supports the game is important and not optional to me. A large portion of my involvment in these games is the ability to spend on these fun "fluff" items. While it is less important to a hardcore PvPer, to a RPer like myself it is what makes or breaks it for me. I am not alone in this. Also, I can pretty well guess that making revenue is very important to Pearl Abyss and DAUM as well as it should be. 

Just because the ability of making cash shop purchases aren't important to you does not mean they aren't important. It is most certainly important to a great many of role players who tend to be the biggest spenders.

On a side note, they did a poor job of fulfilling a great many of the items on our neatly compiled list (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/16520-rp-a-roleplaying-wishlist/&page=1and had no response as to why. A simple response is always appreciated so that we can be sure that they heard our requests. It was a very popular suggestion post here that earned pages of support.

I have a very direct tone. If that is off putting then this thread will certainly continue to annoy you. However I was not demeaning to our game developers. Kindly, be less dismissive of my concerns. I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

Also an update: My bed's red bar changed back to orange. Since there are no number indicators of what is happening (only color from yellow to red) it is hard to determine what is happening here. Perhaps it is buggy. My bed is still giving the +3. However, this does not change my strong convictions against the durability feature on cash shop furniture.

Edited by Lostarot
3 people like this

Posted

@userOnline

Many thanks.

@Lostarot

It is not lack of interest that feeds the vibe that, as you say, "annoys" me. It was simply your lack of obvious signs that you were flexible in your requests, it seemed like very specific demands that left the feeling that you would take patronage elsewhere if they were not met; and as for you believing I don't put a lot of desire into the cash shop, I am one of those people you mentioned, spending thousands on games simply for cosmetics or unobtainables, and you most certainly can bet this game is no exception, but as I've voiced before, there are other focuses that should be prioritized first, such as game quests, new locations, fleshing out the trading systems and flexibility of the market, making sure that the "out-of-Beta" bugs are all patched and fixed before they change data that will add a bug on top of a potential bug that already exists, compounding the coding that needs to be fixed.

Right now with the durability on beds and cash items, they are simply trying to make a renewable income that people will need to do regularly, so instead of demanding they remove the feature they may or may not have been potentially planning to rely on, help them find other ways as a fix that you would be more okay with. Then, when they add the suggestions made by us and keep their bad mechanics, complain and demand change.

I have a very stubborn mind-set, and it sticks to the ability to adapt over the abilities of my own desire, as much as I would LOVE to have more cash shop things worth spending my money on, I would rather them focus on things they need to now and fix it later once they have a product worth playing with the potential items to be bought; oh, I assure you I am not annoyed, however much it may seem like I am, I am thoroughly enjoying myself. I agree to be less dismissive of your concerns as long as you try to be more open to possibility. I appreciate your politeness.

(not meaning to seem like a troll with that last statement, only meeting your politeness one for one with my own response)

1 person likes this