• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you think BDO will become free to play?

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I hope not. F2P ruined Tera for me, buuut it probably will >:

Edited by Vambie

Posted

total war warhammer? hahaha

Sega destroyed Creative assembly... and the entire saga total war...

I would like this, but I would prefer to simply agree.

Posted

It is inevitable. Just like any other games.

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't get it. MMO are not the only game companies region lock games with a publisher to help make sure there is still a market with another publisher elsewhere in the world. They are being ambitious, stop hatin.

Again Daum EU is not Pearl Abyss. Daum is doing what they can. PA can do what they want. They are business, not you. There are times when it works out when a dev waits for a publisher for certain regions. It's not milking, its staying alive. 

thats not being ambitious lol, thats literally killing your potential revenue base, the game as it is has already lost quite a bit of its hype due to it being b2p then the region lock issue. and yes it is milking it, if daum was able to service or open an international server it would cut the money pearly abyss would make from a different developer. which publisher has africa, south america or the caribbean had ever? they just want daum to pay them to service other areas with the content.

Posted

thats not being ambitious lol, thats literally killing your potential revenue base

No. If your game is in other markets prematurely it kills off potential to have a dedicated publisher properly cultivate that market. Publishers hate it when the game was basically "leaked" early. So when they see the game hasn't been to their market they feel more confident it's still fresh. Again this isn't exclusive to MMO. Console games go through this too.

There is a business precedent to region locking. It can help you make more money and properly get to title to more people in the long haul. Will it work for PA? I can't answer that. But they aren't stupid. You just don't agree with their plan.

I wish them luck!

1 person likes this

Posted

Not if expansions are made and the game has a solid launch.

Posted

No. If your game is in other markets prematurely it kills off potential to have a dedicated publisher properly cultivate that market. Publishers hate it when the game was basically "leaked" early. So when they see the game hasn't been to their market they feel more confident it's still fresh. Again this isn't exclusive to MMO. Console games go through this too.

There is a business precedent to region locking. It can help you make more money and properly get to title to more people in the long haul. Will it work for PA? I can't answer that. But they aren't stupid. You just don't agree with their plan.

I wish them luck!

you do know the game was only region locked because people would just go play kr or ru english patched game for free instead of b2p na/eu? it was purely for money, why else did they make 2 of the most lucrative gaming markets b2p and not f2p like daum itself did in kr? usd and euros are worth more than those other currencies used in the previous regions. its funny you ignored when i asked what publishers are there in sa, africa, caribbean etc, when the answer is already known, there is none, the game has lost huge footing just look at the low preorder sales, people are not going to join into a relatively dead mmo they tend to move away from it. their marketing plans have already failed based on that and why again? attempting short term profit gains and not long term.

Posted

The only way they would make enough money with F2P would be P2W. That kills the game, thus no income.

Tera went f2p without p2w for a while but then in 2015 they became p2w

Posted

snip

So PA lie then? They said they were working on publishers for the unserviced region in 2016. give them a chance. 

Posted

Its Buy to Play, there really is no reason why they would need to go Free 2 Play. Everyone is going to love this game for the graphics and character creation alone.

Posted

Everyone is going to love this game for the graphics and character creation alone.

Someone is going to gank you for saying that.

Posted

Someone is going to gank you for saying that.

I've actually played the game to endgame, I don't think that would be easy for anyone to do.

Posted

I've actually played the game to endgame, I don't think that would be easy for anyone to do.

Was a joke. Forum gank threats are pretty silly but people do it sometimes when they find out people might actually like something that isn't PVP oriented in the game.

Posted

It is inevitable. Just like any other games.

liking your own posts isnt cool

Posted

I hope it won't be F2P ever. I'm glad it's B2P and glad it's also not P2P monthly. Seriously can people not afford a one time fee or something? $29.99USD/EUR for base entry. That's like 6-12 cups of coffee. I also hope because it's B2P Daum EU & PA will also provide a more balanced and serviceable game than the other versions(I've heard terrors of the RU version, pointlessness of the KR one, and okay stuff about the JPN one??). The only problems that exist currently after reading so many hundreds of posts on here is just digits with stats and scaling and some balances. Nothing that is functionally broken or functionally problematic. Just a numbers problem.(some examples: enchanting past +15, RNG and its scaling, PvP Karma penalties and such, cash shop and p2w worries)

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, It going to by F2P,

Right now it is B2P and may be Daum collect enough money to run Servers and Miscellaneous expenses for 1-2 years.

There is no subscription and Daum's only source of income will be costume and vanity items sale in Cash shop, I don't think only vanity items sale can cover all the expenses of game. 

Posted

I do believe that eventually it will become F2P.

Posted

The question should not be about if, but when.

I hope this game will remain B2P as long as it can. I really look forward to advertisement on BDO so we get a healthy player base. So far, my gut tells me more than half of everyone here on the forums was either following the game since release on korea or had contacts knowing of the game. 

Posted

F2p sucks...

Posted

Keep it B2P, release expansions once every 2 to 3 years and we'll be fine. Theres just one thing they should do and that is to market the game - no one in the general gaming community that I speak of knows about BDO.

- Jeasy

Posted

F2p sucks...

Agree  i left every game if it became f2p 

Posted (edited)

Tera went f2p without p2w for a while but then in 2015 they became p2w

For a while, but then turned P2W because they (probably) didnt make enough money.

EDIT:
After reading it, I felt the urge to comment to it:
52k Pre-Order with CBT1 around the corner. 470k Pre-Orders for The Division, that has been announced years ago and in my book is the same thing as Blade and Soul (years overdue).

So let's compare the marketing. How much marketing have they done for The Devision? It's a Tom Clancy game, that is already a huge boost and they have been marketing it for years.
How much marketing has DAUM done for Black Desert? Zero.

Once again, you making assuptions that BDO will become F2P, but no valid evidence to back that up.

Edited by FliP

Posted

Unavoidable. Will happen at some point.

Posted

I hate the F2P model, when that happens it means the game will be another AA

Posted

Small player base. Every MMO that turned F2P was because of small player base, among other reasons. The main reason to go F2P, to have a bigger player base.

I don't know why Daum EU ever considered a B2P version. This isn't Gw2, it does have a huge PvE Content. B2P is a coffin for this game. The sooner we change to F2P the healthier population we will have. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to catch up for new players to the Gear level of the Pre-order group. The less interest they will have.

it has to deal with revenue also you know not just playerbase