• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I know there has been lots of topics about it but i just had to be %100 sure about it as no one could really give an answer to it. I just want to know if i use vpn programs like SoftEther VPN  or wtfast anything like it to just bypass the ip block would that be a reason to be banned? I had to be sure as i'm going to spend 30 bucks in this game.

Posted (edited)

People reported that VPNs don't work with this game. WTFast didn't work for people that tried it even in the US.

EDIT: referring to tests people did during closed beta 2

Edited by junkage

Posted

Well in this case it's really sad. Is there anyone else to confirm it 

Posted

There is always a risk to get banned when using public VPNs, because Daum does not support them.

If someone uses the VPN to hack/exploit or bot/spam the game they have to ban the ip address and accounts.

Posted

Wouldn't it be a no reason ban and reverseable? I mean if i get banned that way can't i just simply explain them and get my account back? Just curious

Posted

I managed to play CB 2 with SoftEther, given my region was IP locked from the game.

Posted

Wouldn't it be a no reason ban and reverseable? I mean if i get banned that way can't i just simply explain them and get my account back? Just curious

Terms of use state that you have to be of a supported region. You break those terms by playing from a different location so they can ban you.

It isnt like they want to do and enforce it but i am pretty sure that it is some kind of buisiness agreement so that one region cannot steal the players, by lowering prices n stuff, from the other companys.

So really i don´t expect them to ban you neither here nor korea but if u are form a foreign region maybe ru, japan or korea fit you better and i cannot give you any support on cheating the TOS in here.

Posted

VPNs to by pass an IP block is grounds to get banned. 

They don't want you here because of licensing reasons. This is common sense, every MMO with IP blocks bans anyone that tries to by pass them. 

Posted

In my case it's totally diffrent i live in turkey and there is nowhere that it's not blocked to us. Can't play in ru ko jp in this case vpn is inevitable thus baning makes no sense at all but i don't know...

Posted (edited)

A lot of people are using WTFast since launch with no issues. Even in the US it still can improve your connection the further you are from the game servers. Even if you have really good internet/hardware you can still have game connection issues etc. Taking the fastest route to the server does and will save a small % of ping spikes etc etc.

Best of luck.

Edited by Vaultik

Posted (edited)

VPN's working perfectly fine.

They won't ban you unless you somehow get a spotlight on your case, they legally have to say they do not allow VPNS and will ban you BECAUSE of the regional license agreement.This game is Licensed ONLY to EU/NA to Daum, other regions are not included for whatever legal reasons, they will definitely not actively hunt down vpn users and ban them unless legally obligated to do it under some kind of license dispute that ends up in a court order for Duam to do so.

So it could be possible but highly unlikely, because VPN users from other countrys are huge revenue for DAUM, they would never chase them away unless legally obligated to do so from an external entity.

Edited by Joy_Energiser

Posted

That's what i though. Thank you all for your replies see you all in game!

Posted

People reported that VPNs don't work with this game. WTFast didn't work for people that tried it even in the US.

EDIT: referring to tests people did during closed beta 2

Does wtfast work period? Never understood how it could possibly work knowing exactly what it should theoretically be attempting.

Posted

Popular VPN services are easily banned because the IP's used are common knowledge and built into many frameworks that autoban VPN's. More obscure VPN's and private VPN's make it impossible for them to know you're using a VPN at all.