• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game Skips or Stutters

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been playing the game with decent success. However, I get a stutter/skip once in awhile while playing. It feels like my game freezes for a second and starts again. Does anyone else get this? I have a good computer with plenty of RAM and 760 NVIDIA GTX and I have turned my graphics down just to keep things smooth. I get around 50fps.

1 person likes this

Posted

same

Posted (edited)

Yup, same issue here. I5 4790K, 8gb 1866mhz memory, and a GTX970. All nice and cool. 100mb internet connection also. Getting a sold 45-60 depending on where I am. 

Only game that this happens. Everything will be fine then BAM a lag spike outta nowhere and half a second later everything is back up at 60fps again. Kinda odd. Oh, and I noticed if I keep pressing the buttons like normal, I'll end up somewhere else or everything is dead if I'm attacking by time I get back. Half a second to one second later.

Edited by Barrial

Posted

Yes, That is exactly what I'm getting. I've tried to reduce graphics but it seems to keep happening ever few minutes.

Posted

Yeah I have that exact thing. No matter what graphics settings this occurs. To me it's something to do with a network lag, nothing to do with graphics lag. I'm trying to find out what's causing it.

Posted

Lemme know if you happen to figure anything else out. The game is still playable, but the skip is annoying.

Posted

Well, tried  new NVIDIA and network drivers (Killer E2200) and it still does it. Guess next thing I'm going to shut the modem and router off for a bit. May try using WTFast to see if the problem goes away or not. I don't remember having this issue in the Russian version.

Posted

I also seem to have the same issue, there will be random times the game decides to lag causing my character to stall at the last place I initiated sprint. A couple of times from that  caused me to die from mobs killing me as I couldn't move because of the network lag. It's very upsetting. The orc boss was killing my main like I was nothing only because of the lag that delays my movements. it will also sometimes decide to not register any attacks that have been made on my side. It's really depressing.

My only temporary solution is to switch channels but even then it's bound to happen. Doing my best to be patient with it tho hoping there will be some future patch or maintenance for this issue.

I also have 150mb+ down speed and 10mb up speed so that should be overly plenty to play any game.

Posted

I also seem to have the same issue, there will be random times the game decides to lag causing my character to stall at the last place I initiated sprint. A couple of times from that  caused me to die from mobs killing me as I couldn't move because of the network lag. It's very upsetting. The orc boss was killing my main like I was nothing only because of the lag that delays my movements. it will also sometimes decide to not register any attacks that have been made on my side. It's really depressing.

My only temporary solution is to switch channels but even then it's bound to happen. Doing my best to be patient with it tho hoping there will be some future patch or maintenance for this issue.

I also have 150mb+ down speed and 10mb up speed so that should be overly plenty to play any game.

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I'm trying to find out what's causing this. What kind of video and network card do you have? I'm going to stop playing and reset the router and modem after my guy gets done hauling some stuff. See if that helps at all. 

Just shut off the router/modem for a while. Still having the hiccuping occasionally. Most of the time it's when other people are around. Might just have to give it up :( 

Posted

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I'm trying to find out what's causing this. What kind of video and network card do you have? I'm going to stop playing and reset the router and modem after my guy gets done hauling some stuff. See if that helps at all. 

Just shut off the router/modem for a while. Still having the hiccuping occasionally. Most of the time it's when other people are around. Might just have to give it up :( 

I don't know how specs would have anything to do with network but I pretty much have same stuff as you besides the cpu which mine is a 4690k.

As for network card, I don't have one unless you're talking about the motherboard LAN and not the pci network adapters.

Posted

still getting it after that possible fix of just turning it to full screen. I also took out a stick of RAM to see if it was corrupted (I had suspected it to be prior to this game), but it didn't fix this issue.

Posted

I had this issue and I managed to fix it. Was something with the settings. Here's a picture of my settings if it helps, also I'm in Fullscreen Windows FYI.

http://imgur.com/lfrJOTN

There may be a glitchy way to fix it, if that is the case then turn high-end mode and improved distance off (perhaps SSAO as well), then match your settings to mine. 

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HIT APPLY. 

Posted

I am having the same problem.

I checked my Task Manager and found my PC's memory was at 97% but could not figure out where all the memory had gone. Even when I quite BDO, my system still was running memory at 97%.

I still don't know what's going on. I am not having this trouble with other games or applications. I don't think my RAM is bad, but I may test that theory out if it persists.

I am comforted that others are having similar problems even if we don't know what's going on.

Posted

Those with the problem, do you have the game on HDD or SSD?

Posted (edited)

Those with the problem, do you have the game on HDD or SSD?

I have this problem and I have SSD. Memory usage is at 60% (out of 8GB) so it's not page faults.

Edited by Sanshigo

Posted

I have the same problem, seems like rubberbanding, right?  That if you sprint a long distance it suddenly skips back a few steps?  That's at least how I have it. 

Posted

I am having the same problem.

I checked my Task Manager and found my PC's memory was at 97% but could not figure out where all the memory had gone. Even when I quite BDO, my system still was running memory at 97%.

I still don't know what's going on. I am not having this trouble with other games or applications. I don't think my RAM is bad, but I may test that theory out if it persists.

I am comforted that others are having similar problems even if we don't know what's going on.

I discovered the source of my memory leak. I was using the chat program Discord and that was the culprit as best I can tell. Discord would launch when I started Windows and then slowly suck up all my system memory so that BDO stutters when playing. 

Playing without using Discord immediately solved my issues thus far.

I will keep monitoring my system's memory just to make sure it was indeed Discord, but so far no problems.

I hope everyone else can solve their problems.

Posted

I had this issue and I managed to fix it. Was something with the settings. Here's a picture of my settings if it helps, also I'm in Fullscreen Windows FYI.

http://imgur.com/lfrJOTN

There may be a glitchy way to fix it, if that is the case then turn high-end mode and improved distance off (perhaps SSAO as well), then match your settings to mine. 

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HIT APPLY. 

I'm having this issue too and will have to try this after maintenance. What I noticed though is my CPU usage will drop from about 30-40% down to 10% while the lag spike occurs, then go back to normal. Has anyone else noticed this? I know my RAM is not the issue, i have 16Gbs of RAM and have never come close to filling it. Its not a network issue either, as I can watch my FPS drop from 60 to 1 fps when it happens.

Posted

I had the same problem and read somewhere to use compatibility mode windows xp service pack 3. Seems to be working for me so far.

Posted (edited)

I believe I found a fix for this that I have not found on any forum.  From what I have been reading most people with this issue are Intel users.

I wrestled with this for hours, the stutter happening at seemingly evenly spaced intervals. Disable the following in bios and see if it helps.

-cpu enhanced halt (C1E)

-c3/c6 state support

-CPU Thermal Monitor

-CPU EIST Function

These all seem to regulate CPU power determined on heat or usage. If you overheat with them enabled you probably shouldn't disable them but this got rid of my stutter entirely. I had been dealing with a large stutter when entering the settings menu, its now gone. Also after launching the game it would stick at a black screen for a while and then load, also gone.

Edited by Nudelz

Posted

I was having the same issue too along with other symptoms:

• Game stuttered
  • Opening and closing map froze game for about 5 seconds
  • Startup screen (black screen) lasted 5 minutes before game came up

I have a high end system too. SSD with plenty of space, 32 GB RAM, GTX Titan X graphics card with 12 GB RAM. 

When the game was originally installed everything worked fine. Then there was a patch a few days later and that's when I started getting the above problems. I tried all kinds of changes and settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing worked. Then I uninstalled the game using Revo Uninstaller (scroll down that page to use the free version). Revo will remove additional files left behind that the BDO uninstaller leaves behind as well as all the registry settings that are left behind.

Installing the game after using Revo fixed my problem. Everything is back to normal again. No game stuttering, no map lag, no 5 min startup.

Posted

Same shit.