• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert is basically Runescape v10.0

33 posts in this topic

Posted

No idea why this game reminds me of Runescape. I played Runescape when I was young and I find this game has a lot of similar elements, mostly the crafting. Love it. 

When I'm fishing I find myself asking people " Fishing lvl?" 

2 people like this

Posted

Mabinogi 2.0 with a touch of vindictus.

5 people like this

Posted

you say tomato i say tomato

Posted

It's probably the sandbox elements, this isn't an azeroth style themepark.  You could do whatever you wanted in Runescape.

Imagine if WoW actually had all these sandbox elements in addition to all the great raids, etc.  Silly blizz.

1 person likes this

Posted

Runescape mash up with vindictus and struggle 

1 person likes this

Posted

God I love this game.

Posted

hi, my name is Zezima.

6 people like this

Posted

GLAD TO SEE PEOPLE AGREE.

Posted

If only, I've been hoping for an updated Runescape for ages now but nothing has even come close. 

• Lack of proper quests, instead resorting to the standard MMO kill quests. 
  • Lack of skill levels for everything, instead resorting to the standard global level system. 
  • Different armour doesn't have enough various uses other than extra stamina or whatever, you won't switch to Armadyl when ranging for example. 
  • Can't do everything on one character. 
  • Crafting and gathering is not even close to being as complex.
  • Doesn't come close to all the varied content Runescape had, from all the mini games to the amazing quests. 

BDO is a great game, and while they do have similarities it isn't a "better" or alternative Runescape outside of combat and visual fidelity. 

Posted (edited)

Ding ding ding, exactly this.

P.S. Make night dark again.

Edited by Flylow

Posted (edited)

No idea why this game reminds me of Runescape. I played Runescape when I was young and I find this game has a lot of similar elements, mostly the crafting. Love it. 

Yeah, Runescape was my first MMO, and this is the first game that seems to heavily feel like it to me. Granted, I was calling it Runescape 2 or 3, but 10 seems more accurate.

Definitely something similar about it..

If only, I've been hoping for an updated Runescape for ages now but nothing has even come close. 

• Lack of skill levels for everything, instead resorting to the standard global level system. 
  • Different armour doesn't have enough various uses other than extra stamina or whatever, you won't switch to Armadyl when ranging for example. 
  • Doesn't come close to all the varied content Runescape had, from all the mini games to the amazing quests. 

BDO is a great game, and while they do have similarities it isn't a "better" or alternative Runescape outside of combat and visual fidelity. 

Although this is a good point. If nothing else, Runescape's quests were infinitely more interesting to do. I still remember going into some dark cave with endless drops, surrounded by monsters that would overwhelm me if I wasn't careful, with one little shack as the only safe place around.

Not sure where that was, but I enjoyed that quest.

Edited by Xialoh

Posted

Castle wars , Pest Control, Soul Wars

mmmmmmmmmmm yummy

Posted

Castle wars , Pest Control, Soul Wars

mmmmmmmmmmm yummy

First time getting that Void Knight set was the best, if only Jagex had made an actual Runescape 3. 

Posted

That last part about "Fishing lvl?" brought back so many memories ahaha! My goodness yes I totally get that feeling! I only ever got one skill to 99 and it was a cheesy skill. Magic :3 I'm such a dirty filthy casual...

Posted

That last part about "Fishing lvl?" brought back so many memories ahaha! My goodness yes I totally get that feeling! I only ever got one skill to 99 and it was a cheesy skill. Magic :3 I'm such a dirty filthy casual...

Not ashamed to say this, but I got my first 99 skill botting. It was STR. BANNED like 2 weeks after lmao!

Posted

Black Desert is a slightly inferior version of a highly modded Skyrim

Posted

It's Runescape v10 with extra Waifu.

More reason to play.

1 person likes this

Posted

The combat is Skyrim is just the worst, modded or not. I install mods for a few hours, play for 5 minutes, install more mods, rinse and repeat until I uninstall yet again. After the first few playthroughs it tends to get incredibly stale, especially having played Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3 and NV extensively. 

2 people like this

Posted

There are some similarities I guess, something about Runescapes simplicity still got me hooked compared to most modern MMORPGs... It's still missing a lot of major things like; 

• Fun Minigame Modes: Castle Wars, Pest Control, Soul Wars
  • Armor/Weapon Appearance Variety: We have like 5 armors per class, all of which look the same (pretty much)

Minus all the variety in looks... And more challenging farm mobs.

Posted

I never played much RS, I do wish weapon skins were not a thing, if the weapons in game had the models of the skins it would be cool.

Like how do I know another player has good gear if they can't show off their god sword or whatever.

Posted

uRkjoDz.png

so glad i left that dumb game

Posted

ACTUALLY  I thought this same thing when I saw the ranking system for skills ;)

SO I agree

Posted

1095.gif

Posted

Not ashamed to say this, but I got my first 99 skill botting. It was STR. BANNED like 2 weeks after lmao!

I never had the balls to bot. I worked so hard on my character I was scared of losing him. Such a casual I am....

Posted

1095.gif

kappa