• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Agerian VS Tartias Armor

114 posts in this topic

Posted

What should I use? Cast Speed VS SP Scaling DEF and Acc

Posted

I'm using Agerian gloves, chest, and helmet for the Cast speed, with Zereth boots for the stamina on my Valkyrie.  Seems good so far.

Posted

Until 50 I use 3 piece Agerian w/ Alejandro gloves for accuracy. For PvP at 50 I will use at least a 3 piece Agerian for the cast speed and will probably go with a 2 piece Agerian w/ 2 piece Hefe (not sure that's the right set, looking for the 250 hp set) for PvE.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What should I use? Cast Speed VS SP Scaling DEF and Acc

I personally think anyone seriously considering PvP needs to use Taritas 3-set with Zereth boots. I also think anyone seriously considering hitting level 56 and unlocking our awakening when it drops need to consider that too.

Cast Speed and Attack Speed are nice, but it doesn't matter if you're not hitting people in the first place. There are a lot of weapons and armor in this game that add to your evasion; the Vangertz Shield, for example, improves your evasion the more you enhance it. So the stronger it gets, the more evasion you get. The other thing to keep in mind is that between the Taritas chest armor and the set bonus you will increase your Divine Power pool by over 120. At level 50 my Divine Power is slightly over 400. That means if I wasn't running Taritas I'd have literally 30% less Divine Power. That's a lot for a few reasons:

1. Grinding as a valkyrie pretty much means spamming Shield Throw and Celestial Spear. Both of these skills eat up a ton of Divine Power, but when you max them out your damage output skyrockets and allows you to do things like killing Catfish at 42 with ease. I got to 50 pretty quickly, spending a lot of that time by myself, literally just running between packs comboing CS+ST together and only having to use Breath of Elion and the occasional Forward Slash. If I was standing around having to Vow of Trust after every other mob pack I would have leveled significantly slower. This is only going to matter more as you go beyond level 50 and the time it takes to grind gets more and more ridiculous. Efficiency is everything.

2. Valkyrie's biggest downside in PvP is its lack of gap closers. Shield Chase I/II/III is one of the few that we have, and it actually spends Divine Power using it, not stamina. Therefore, the more Divine Power you have, the less expensive using SC will be (and the more aggressive you can be in using it). So in effect increasing your Divine Power is arguably enhancing your mobility. 

3. Sword of Judgment is one of the top three damage skills we have, next to Celestial Spear and Shield Throw. Not only is it very effective when you max out Celestial Spear for the double tap, allowing you to shortcut straight to SoJ's hardest hitting third hit for a really nice burst attack, but its damage is increased based on your maximum Divine Power value. So the more Divine Power you stack, the better the damage will be.

The truth of the matter is that we have very few opportunities to stack our Divine Power without sacrificing AP. Elisha earrings, for example, aren't anywhere near as good as Witch/Bares Earrings. You're better off going straight for the AP there over increasing your Divine Power. But Taritas offers us the ability to stack up Divine Power, increasing our mobility and damage output in PvP, while additionally giving us additional accuracy through the gloves and the set bonus. That's so huge and it's crazy that people are even considering passing that up. Until Grunil comes out I can't imagine anything being remotely competitive.

As for the Zereth boots, I like them because there are very few off-pieces you can equip for item effects that do more for you than an additional +200 stamina. In total I have 1700 stamina right now, which is totally awesome. 

Edited by Gac
20 people like this

Posted

That is quite persuasive, makes me question my decision to use Agerian.  My only comment is that I have yet to have any stamina issues without the Zereth boots so I'm not really sure I would consider them a requirement. 

Posted

That is quite persuasive, makes me question my decision to use Agerian.  My only comment is that I have yet to have any stamina issues without the Zereth boots so I'm not really sure I would consider them a requirement. 

There's no such thing as a melee character not having stamina issues, and there's certainly no such thing as having too much stamina.

I'm also thinking that stamina increases your block/shield pool, but I haven't done extensive testing to really know for sure.

Posted

I'm interested in how much you've actually PvP'd Gac? Your logic is correct but not exactly on point with how it actually ends up working out. I've also never had an issue with DP, we have plenty of skills that allow more then enough replenishment. Stamina is something that you can gimic your way into now but is irrelevant later on as your base actually levels up. With release this will be my 4 time leveling a Valkyrie and I've never had an issue with Stamina.

Cast Speed has the highest return for the Valkyrie in PvP, capping it at level 5 is a huge advantage. Our Divine Power pool means almost nothing because its so easy for us to recover it. A 3 piece Agerian with an appropriately chosen off piece (usually gloves or boots) will be preferred until we get Grunil.

3 people like this

Posted

Does it matter if you choose gloves/boots? Also what would be the off piece? taritas?

Posted

I'm using 3 piece Agerian for leveling in as it's the first things that dropped for me. Now it looks like, from points raised here, that the Tartias would be better for leveling as well because of the extra DP.

Any ideas? 

Posted

I swapped to Taritas. It depends what you want. Both are viable it seems.

Posted

Below is a pvp progression gear chart released by Team Legacy (Praetorian) for first characters:

valkgear.thumb.jpg.775fba9f8fe13db9552fa

The recommended armor set is full agerian for first characters for a few reasons.  Agerian is extremely easy to get for a first time character and agerian will never be 'useless' because it is the best armor sets for alts to level with since all classes benefit from the stats.  @Gac, cast speed is extremely important for valk and it is pretty much required to max.  If you're not getting cast speed from your armor, you will be spending alot of gem slots for cast speed over other gems.  Your first point is mostly invalid because you can grind just as efficiently without tartias by timing blocks, etc correctly.  Points 2/3 can be argued to be more playstyle and personal preference than absolute reason.

8 people like this

Posted

For leveling to 50, I recommend Fortuna with accuracy off piece gloves.

5 movement speed + 5 luck

Being able to run @ near t5 mount speed, from camp to camp, I've found has had a greater impact on my experience gain than any other bonuses.  Having 5 luck is just icing on the cake.

Posted

I know that most of our skills (except maybe 3?) scale with cast speed instead of attack speed, but why is casting speed that important? Can i get an explanation other that "someone said this/found this our while playing KR/RU/JP"? I heard that at Lvl 5 casting speed our skills are about 1,2 times faster, that doesn't sound that great to me to be honest. If one Valk fights another 1v1, same level, same build but one with Lvl 5 casting speed and one without what would be the difference? If both execute the same skill at the exact same time, would the skill from the Valk with Lvl. 5 casting speed hit earlier? That is how i understand this right know at least.

And while i'm at it, which of our skills scale with our maximum SP (dmg)? So far i've seen Sword of Judgement, Celestial Spear, Divine Power and Righteous Charge being mentioned. The scaling on Righteous Charge can easily be dismissed because that skill isn't meant to be used for his dmg, divine power in a PvP situation is kind of hard to pull of so i would like to dismiss that skill too, but scaling on Sword of Judgement and Celestial Spear sounds pretty useful?

Posted

I know that most of our skills (except maybe 3?) scale with cast speed instead of attack speed, but why is casting speed that important? Can i get an explanation other that "someone said this/found this our while playing KR/RU/JP"? I heard that at Lvl 5 casting speed our skills are about 1,2 times faster, that doesn't sound that great to me to be honest. If one Valk fights another 1v1, same level, same build but one with Lvl 5 casting speed and one without what would be the difference? If both execute the same skill at the exact same time, would the skill from the Valk with Lvl. 5 casting speed hit earlier? That is how i understand this right know at least.

And while i'm at it, which of our skills scale with our maximum SP (dmg)? So far i've seen Sword of Judgement, Celestial Spear, Divine Power and Righteous Charge being mentioned. The scaling on Righteous Charge can easily be dismissed because that skill isn't meant to be used for his dmg, divine power in a PvP situation is kind of hard to pull of so i would like to dismiss that skill too, but scaling on Sword of Judgement and Celestial Spear sounds pretty useful?

level 5 cast speed is 20% increase in cast speed

Rank -1: -10% speed

Rank 1: +4% speed

Rank 2: +8% speed

Rank 3: +12% speed

Rank 4: +16% speed

Rank 5: +20% speed

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3bbtn8/valkyrie_list_of_skills_affected_by_cast_speed/

it should be pretty self explanatory why cast speed is so important after you see just how many valk skills are affected by cast speed

1 person likes this

Posted

What's the general consensus on enhancing Agerian?  I'm level 35 and sitting on 25 black stones.  Should I be pushing up certain slots or holding on to the stones for something else?

Also I see people recommending gloves for the off-piece in the set.  Is this really the best choice with the gloves providing a casting speed rank themselves, or are you able to cap spell speed rank elsewhere?

Posted

I don't think there's any reason not to enchant each piece up to +5 at least, given that the armor is cheap, you can always extract the stones if you decide to change the pieces.

I don't think there's any reason not to enchant each piece up to +5 at least, given that the armor is cheap, you can always extract the stones if you decide to change the pieces.

Posted

Ah, good point.  Guess I should look this stuff up prior.  Wasn't aware that extraction will return all stones 100% for +5 on armor and +7 on weapons.

Posted

As a valkyrie, i'm currently using 3 piece taritas along with the Agerian gloves. I got really lucky with getting the awakening on my Celestial spear so I have the 3% of my MP as damage. With my Elisha Earrings T2, they both give me +45 mp each. Right now i'm debating on swapping my earrings until i get upgraded mark of shadow or witch earring, until then i'll be trying to get the coral rings. With the current gear setup I have, i'm sitting at 4 cast speed, 3 attack speed which im in the process of upgrading once i get my gems settled.

Posted (edited)

I'm really hoping this thread dies soon, it kills me that the title doesn't spell Taritas correctly...

Really until Grunil comes out it is mostly just whichever you prefer but you do need to pick 4 Pieces To upgrade to +15 if you want to be competative. 

Edited by Zumbaro

Posted (edited)

Cast Speed has the highest return for the Valkyrie in PvP, capping it at level 5 is a huge advantage. Our Divine Power pool means almost nothing because its so easy for us to recover it.

I was simply talking about how having a larger Divine Pool alongside a ton of +Accuracy made leveling significantly easier. I could spam more Shield Throws and could hit mobs better with them simultaneously. During the $100 head start I was crushing mobs so far above my level, which allowed me to cut ahead and away from a lot of the popular spots that proved to be huge bottlenecks. At 42 I was already grinding mansha and catfish, and with the help of the +50% scrolls we got at 40 and 45, because there was literally no one else around to compete for spawns, I went from 42 to 50 in a matter of a few hours. But you're right. When you're level 50+ recovery isn't an issue. You can even just chug juice while you're PvPing.

It's SP damage scaling that is "the issue." Sword of Judgment gets a direct damage increase with the more Divine Power you have, and you can awaken your skills, if you're lucky enough, to get a similar effect. So while it's true for you to say that level 5 cast speed gives you a huge advantage, increasing your damage output by increasing your SP is another obvious "huge advantage."

They're both good choices, and I think it's incredibly dishonest to imply that the advantages you get from 3/3 Taritas "mean almost nothing." Almost every armor set in this game is arguably useful in some capacity. And many of them, including Taritas, can be easily swapped between characters because the passive stats are so universally useful. Something else to think about if you plan on leveling a wizard or something down the road.

Edited by Gac
1 person likes this

Posted

I see the argument on both armor sets, i personally used both sets in CBT2 and it was awesome having the more SP to spam more skills. That being said @Nubbie off the picture you linked how recommended are the Accuracy (Kalis) pieces Vs AP (Bares). I have Bares everything and the AP (not vangertz) shield. I'm worried that the loss of 10~ AP would be more of an issue then the accuracy. I'd like it if they provided an accuracy stat number on our stats to see what we have. Will i be lacking in PVP against someone that's 51 if I'm 50?

Just looking for a bit more insight on gear (not specifically these two sets). I'm currently using full Agerian.

Thanks,

Posted

So let me go a bit more in depth on Valkyrie PvP and gearing accordingly at end game.

Valkyrie PvP is all about our package of disables, one of the reasons we get an accuracy bonus is that our entire class is based on this set of skills.  Thanks to downed and back attack bonuses our damage becomes a priority only after the stats that focus on the primary goal of succeeding with our disables. What this means is that our stat priority is:

Accuracy(17) > Cast Speed(5) > AP > DP > Movement Speed > Accuracy(18+)

What this means is that Accuracy up to 17 is basically required for any end game character and with our built in bonuses is also an acceptable point of diminishing returns for Valkyries. After that the priority is capping the Cast Speed bonus and focusing on AP. When filling out gear slots such as the 4th armor piece above whichever set you choose DP is more important than movement speed and additional accuracy. Some people may prefer movement speed but the actuality of end game PvP favors DP for classes that have the survivability of a Valkyrie. Also realize that the higher our AP value the more diminished the returns since we can combo off lethal damage on a disabled opponent very easily thanks to downed bonuses and with a much lower AP value than is required by other classes.

With this in mind the best set is a 3-piece Agerian main set using Helm, Chest, Gloves. The Gloves are important because of the cast speed bonus they provide. Using this set and a couple of crystals we can easily cap our Cast Speed. I personally choose to fill out with the Agerian Boots for the higher DP and +1 Speed but Talis is acceptable with lower DP and higher Speed. The Yuria weapon once upgraded is achievable for everyone and eventually you want a Laverto, Laverto weapons are harder to come by and more expensive to enchant and upkeep so you will want a solid income stream to persue them. The offhand preference is Vangertz Shield, it may not have the AP but the Accuracy gains for enchanting it allow us to easily make up the difference on other pieces by not having to worry about accuracy.

Our accessories are basically the same as for most classes; Mark of Shadow Ring (AP), Witch's Earring (AP) and Kalis Belt for the last bit of Accuracy.

7 people like this

Posted

So let me go a bit more in depth on Valkyrie PvP and gearing accordingly at end game.

Valkyrie PvP is all about our package of disables, one of the reasons we get an accuracy bonus is that our entire class is based on this set of skills.  Thanks to downed and back attack bonuses our damage becomes a priority only after the stats that focus on the primary goal of succeeding with our disables. What this means is that our stat priority is:

What this means is that Accuracy up to 17 is basically required for any end game character and with our built in bonuses is also an acceptable point of diminishing returns for Valkyries. After that the priority is capping the Cast Speed bonus and focusing on AP. When filling out gear slots such as the 4th armor piece above whichever set you choose DP is more important than movement speed and additional accuracy. Some people may prefer movement speed but the actuality of end game PvP favors DP for classes that have the survivability of a Valkyrie. Also realize that the higher our AP value the more diminished the returns since we can combo off lethal damage on a disabled opponent very easily thanks to downed bonuses and with a much lower AP value than is required by other classes.

With this in mind the best set is a 3-piece Agerian main set using Helm, Chest, Gloves. The Gloves are important because of the cast speed bonus they provide. Using this set and a couple of crystals we can easily cap our Cast Speed. I personally choose to fill out with the Agerian Boots for the higher DP and +1 Speed but Talis is acceptable with lower DP and higher Speed. The Yuria weapon once upgraded is achievable for everyone and eventually you want a Laverto, Laverto weapons are harder to come by and more expensive to enchant and upkeep so you will want a solid income stream to persue them. The offhand preference is Vangertz Shield, it may not have the AP but the Accuracy gains for enchanting it allow us to easily make up the difference on other pieces by not having to worry about accuracy.

Our accessories are basically the same as for most classes; Mark of Shadow Ring (AP), Witch's Earring (AP) and Kalis Belt for the last bit of Accuracy.

Thanks Zumbaro. I'm very new to all this and I'm going to make some mistakes. I love this class, and i want to excel. It's just learning the kinks, I'll have to rework some of my gear and grab some Accuracy. I'll swap belts and my shield for the time being, sadly i'll lose lots of AP but i figure if what you're saying is true and what I've heard, the accuracy will make up for the loss as we hit more often then missing, which equals more damage..

Thanks. Shitty thing is I had a chance at a liverto weapon but decided not to get it (still a noob) and i regret passing it up. But i make about 100 milk tea daily, I'm going to go for the accessories before the liverto.

Thanks again.

Stray

Posted (edited)

Your post is quite interesting. Can you explain more about the 17 accuracy threshold and why you think more than that isn't too important?

I was planning on going Agerian at launch but pretty much everyone I know that played competitively on KR argued that a +15 Vangertz isn't enough on its own.

Edited by Gac

Posted

3x Agerian and Talis helmet for grab res