• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

87 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

BERSERKER GUIDE 1-50 BEGINNER FRIENDLY

For 50+ Builds refer to 50-60 Builds

1456901684_Berserker_Guide.jpg

1.0 Introduction

1.1 Pro-Cons

1.2 Playstyle

1.3 Class Focus

2.0 Build

2.1 Build basics

2.2 Rotation

3.0 Gear

3.1 Weapon

3.2 Armor

1456902206_Introduction.jpg

1.0 Introduction

My name is Skullflower (most people call me Skull) i've been playing MMORPG's since around 11 years. I got into progress gaming when i started playing World of Warcraft and since then i usually focus on power leveling and progress raiding aswell as hardcore pvp.

Over the past years i've been co-leading several PvE Progress guilds aswell as PvP guilds in WoW/Tera/Aion/Planetside. I used to powerlevel almost every single MMO that was released within the last 5-6 years and i was heavily aiming for server first titles.

I started playing Black Desert in KR and moved to RU a bit later since KR does not have as much PvP/GvG compared to the russian server.

I decided to write a little beginner leveling guide because a lot of people where asking for help in the forums and berserker is not as easy while lvling compared to other classes.

Excuse my partly bad english i never learned it in school. I actually learned it while playing Aion on NA servers.

This build is not recommendet at 50+ you will have to use your free 45 respec once you hit 50

1456903094_Pro_Berserker.jpg

1.1 Pro-Cons

PRO

- Strong GvG frontline

- Insane Awakening

- Tanky once 50+

- Easy to learn hard to master (PvP)

- Great tank while grinding and/or world bosses/guild bosses

- Good skill animations

- Good mobility once you learned the combo

- Really good in 1v1 1v2 PvP if you manage to master the class otherwise you're going to get destroyed

- Badass face

CON

- Weak leveling

- Low dps compared to other classes until 50

- Requires more gear than other classes in order to be effectiv

- Requires almost perfect timing on grabs in PvP

- Potion spam on cd while lvling

- Requires heavy CC-chains in order to kill people in pvp

- Weird standing animation

1.2 Playstyle

As mentioned above.. Berserker is not intended to deal to most damage or clear packs faster than other classes. You're not intended to burst people in PvP 100-0 within 1 second and you're not going to level as fast as other classes.

But. Berserker is fun once you hit 50 and he is also the most important class in GvG (large scale fights). You could compare Berserker to Barb (D3) and Lancer (Tera). Does "okayish" dmg while tanking most mobs without problems (+HP on spin and high Armor).

In GvG your role is to protect your raid from getting flanked/split/grabbed. You will always be in front of the group and you will engage first when the fight is about to start. You will have to pick important targets such as mages/squad leader/guild leader grab them and try to split them from the main zerg in order to win the fight. You are more of a CC-Support and damage dummy in GvG and not one of those guys that sit behind the frontline and spam skills in order to get kills.

Giant is also really good at 50+ grinding because of his high sustain and tank ability. You can pull as many mobs as you want use F to pull them towards you and your group can easily clear huge packs without getting touched once.

1.3 Class Focus

- Heavy CC in PvP and PvE

- Main Tank / Off Tank

- Can split zergs if played well

- CC-Support

1456904564_Build.jpg

2.0 Build

While leveling your main focus is AoE DmG/CC aswell as mobility. You're not going to invest too much points into grabs. Once you ding 50 you will respec into endgame builds. (Free respec once you hit 45) i recommend to put as much points as possible into all your main skills listed below. Skill +crit for faster leveling.

Main Skills while leveling

Elastic Force - Storming Beast - Beastly Wind Slash (Flow: Windstorm) - Raging Thunder - Lava Pierce - Frenzied Destroyer

2.1 Build Basics

Elastic Force: (Auto Attack)(Fury generation)(AoE) used as filler while main skills are on cooldown and used as quick energy regeneration on huge packs.

Storming Beast: (AoE)(CC)(Mobility)(Pull)(Group) used to pull mobs while grinding.

Beastly Wind Slash (Flow: Windstorm): (DPS)(Single target)(Mobility)(CC) used as main single target dps skill while thunder is on cooldown. Make sure to spec into Flow: Windstorm.

Raging Thunder: (DPS)(AoE)(Single target)(Mobility)(CC) this is by far one of the best skills because of its high damage and high mobility. Make sure you have enough Fury in order to use it. (I recommend you to put this skill on your bar in order to maintain 100% uptime (turns grey if you dont have enough Fury)(do not use the skill via skill bar)).

Lava Pierce: (Mobility)(CC)(DPS)(AoE)(Single target) this is your strongest movement skill with low cooldown decent damage and great for pulling mobs together.

Frenzied Destroyer: (DPS)(AoE)(Single target)(AP buff) has decent damage and should always have a 100% uptime because of its AP buff.

2.2 Rotation

(Always use Elastic Force if Fury is low)

Single target:

-> Frenzied Destroyer -> Raging Thunder -> Beastly wind Slash -> Elastic Force -> Frenzied Destroyer -> Raging Thunder -> repead (use Lava Piercer on cooldown dmg is good enough to use it as a filler)

AoE grinding:

-> Storming Beast -> Frenzied Destroyer -> Raging Thunder (Mobs should be dead by now)(if not follow rotation) -> Elastic Force -> Frenzied Destroyer -> Raging Thunder

1456906423_Gear.jpg

3.0 Gear

Gear isnt really a problem until you hit 50 but there are still a few option you could choose from. I will list the items i am using and i will explain why.

3.1 Weapon

Main-hand

Get your Yuria weapon in Calpheon as soon as possible. It is one of the best weapons while lvling and also great for 50+ PvP(Human dmg). Use Stones in order to increase dmg. I'm usually using a +2 Attack speed -1 Crit Gem. You should try to upgrade your Yuria weapon as much as possible since your next gear upgrade (Liverto Axe) is really expensiv and its going to take a while to get it. You can later sell the Yuria via market.

In order to get the weapon you need to have 500 Amity with the Vendor in Calpheon to activate his shop. You will then need another 100-300 Amity + silver to purchase the Weapon.

Off-hand

Sayer Ornamental Knot is the best off-hand for leveling. You can get it from the market or by grinding mobs. Why? Yes it does have less AP than other Knot's but the +Accuracy is insane. Accuracy is the most important stat until you hit 50. (Do not spend Stones to upgrade it)

3.2 Armor

I'm using Agerian Set (3) + Movement boots (Talis). You can get the Agerian set cheap from the market or while farming mobs. Its great for leveling and one of the better sets until you get endgame gear. I'm also using i believe +3 or 4 (will check once i'm home) movement boots.

I will add rotation videos later today. If you have any questions PM me here - write comment or contact me ingame:

Alustin

Skullflower

Edited by Surrender
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

wow thanks i love you for that guide with my 21 bersi :)

i would love to have more details.

Edited by Necromonger
1 person likes this

Posted

wow thanks i love you for that guide with my 21 bersi :)

i would love to have more details.

I will add more details once i get home in around 6 hours :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

First off great guide, I hit 50 monday afternoon and got my 4 hp on hit on Raging Thunder (after 35 rerolls :P )
Now I am +12 Yuria wep, I use the Tarisa armor 3 set and a Zereth Helmet for KD resistance - as a lot of our skills scale of max WP. + a Sayiers knot offhand. All +5.

Don't really know much about gemming, but i sure as hell need attack/cast speed without Agerian + Move speed.
So would you use a different offhand now? or?

I need a proper lvl 50 build. As i can't see how I am to get all the good stuff like Frenzied Destroyer and Beastly Windslash, if i am to get the grabs and storming beast etc etc. for pvp as shown in this build:
http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/berserker/2638

So do you have a build that does well in PvP (small scale for now) and is still viable for farming (as that is the current state of lvl 50 play)

Oh and by the way - do you know how to unlock "Fort of Giant" skill? The passive for 250 hp?

Ideally I would like my build to look something like this: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/berserker/5228 
I don't know how many skill points I have available from a full respec though - probably not as many as I've used here!
Thoughts? 

Oh and by the way - do you know how to unlock "Fort of Giant" skill? The passive for 250 hp?

Edited by Nordkraft

Posted (edited)

First off great guide, I hit 50 monday afternoon and got my 4 hp on hit on Raging Thunder (after 35 rerolls :P )
Now I am +12 Yuria wep, I use the Tarisa armor 3 set and a Zereth Helmet for KD resistance - as a lot of our skills scale of max WP. + a Sayiers knot offhand. All +5.

Don't really know much about gemming, but i sure as hell need attack/cast speed without Agerian + Move speed.
So would you use a different offhand now? or?

I need a proper lvl 50 build. As i can't see how I am to get all the good stuff like Frenzied Destroyer and Beastly Windslash, if i am to get the grabs and storming beast etc etc. for pvp as shown in this build:
http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/berserker/2638

So do you have a build that does well in PvP (small scale for now) and is still viable for farming (as that is the current state of lvl 50 play)

Fort of Giant

You could try to purchase the +2 attack speed -1 crit from the market if you need attack speed. But i'm not sure if people sell the gem already.

I will probably release my 50+ build once i hit 50 within the next couple days i havent had the time to get to 50 yet. But i usually only put 1 point into grabs because i only care about the fast-cc and not the dmg etc.  But its worth to put points into Undertaker II. I also dont go for Lava Pierce II but thats personal preference if you really need the +movement speed go for it. You "only" used 310 skill points in your build i assume you havent done the skill point quests yet? You can have up to 500ish.

Edited by Surrender

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply! 

The skill point quests i assume is all the filler black spirit ones yeah? I went back and did a fair few om them. 

Will update with my current build once i get home and respec as i currently have a few points in Elastic Force as it seemed to up the MP return with lvls. 

I want to get rid of it but i am worried about regaining MP - as Herbal Juice is not that easy to come by yet? I am sucking up what is on the AH? Any other way of getting a ton of herbal juice? (Crafting - but haven't gotte nto that yet) 

Best regards

Edited by Nordkraft

Posted (edited)

There are several quests that give skill points but you need to do other quests in order to unlock the skill point quests. I believe there was a guide on YT for the quests skill points.

I dont really use Herbal Juice at all. I only use normal potions for HP and Elastic Force for Fury gain. You only need a massiv amount of Fury to cast Thunder other than that most skills have low Fury cost and the Fury gain from Elastic Force isnt too bad. I rarely use Wind Slash at 50+ and that is probably the only skill that requires permanent Fury gain.

Wind Slash is good for leveling but especially in PvP at 50+ its not that great anymore.

Edited by Surrender

Posted

with what lvl does the berserk gets the wirwlwind atack ?

or the aoe atacks? to start aoe grinding, (can start tomorrow) and want to paly berserk, i low the aggressiv gameplay from videos but thoughts its a puppy when it comes to large scale pvp  ..> front = isnta nuked by aoes from ranged calsses

Posted

Yea I can deffinately see what you mean about beastly windslash and before the 55 version - it has very limited use in PvP. 

But besides all our combos mostly revolving around movement, kds and grab chains our main source of damage in pvp comes from Frenzied Destroyer in between grabs and KDs right ? I don't really see any other way of putting out some hurt? 
Do you have any points in Elastic Force while leveling btw? 

Now that my Yuria is +12 and i have hp on my whirlwind the farming is actually a pretty pleasant experience. 

with what lvl does the berserk gets the wirwlwind atack ?

or the aoe atacks? to start aoe grinding, (can start tomorrow) and want to paly berserk, i low the aggressiv gameplay from videos but thoughts its a puppy when it comes to large scale pvp  ..> front = isnta nuked by aoes from ranged calsses

You get Whirlwind from an awakening quest at lvl 16 or something - so pretty early on! 
You need to really utilize your super armor abilities and be careful of positioning for large scale pvp as far as i know! :) 

Posted

Yea I can deffinately see what you mean about beastly windslash and before the 55 version - it has very limited use in PvP. 

But besides all our combos mostly revolving around movement, kds and grab chains our main source of damage in pvp comes from Frenzied Destroyer in between grabs and KDs right ? I don't really see any other way of putting out some hurt? 

So about grabs, we are only good in 1v1s? because we cant grab 2 targets at once,   when i see warriors  slashing 3 ppl with 1 hit  isnt that imbalanced in pvp? when we only deal massiv dmg on 1 target with the grabs n takedowns?

Posted

@ Surrender - Thoughts on Falling Rock? Skip it or take 1 point in it?

Posted (edited)

@ Surrender - Thoughts on Falling Rock? Skip it or take 1 point in it?

Its worth to put in 1 point for small scale fights

So about grabs, we are only good in 1v1s? because we cant grab 2 targets at once,   when i see warriors  slashing 3 ppl with 1 hit  isnt that imbalanced in pvp? when we only deal massiv dmg on 1 target with the grabs n takedowns?

No grabs are good in all situations. Berserker is the strongest frontline character in GvG you wont get nuked unless you run into 20 people and/or fail to evade enemy CC. You can charge into enemy lines pick 1 and jump back into your zerg and let them finish the job. Your defence (super armor) is way to high to get nuked if you play it right.

But besides all our combos mostly revolving around movement, kds and grab chains our main source of damage in pvp comes from Frenzied Destroyer in between grabs and KDs right ?

Main dmg pvp = 1. Ire of Beast (should be used carefully and only while enemy is on the ground) 2. Frenzied Destroyer 3. Raging Thunder

Ire of Beast 

- Knockdown

- Super Armor

- Insane dmg combined with Frenzied Destroyer AP buff.

- Scales with max HP

Edited by Surrender

Posted

Wrath of beast is the one i see ppl getting the 1st rank of, i actually saw it as a defensive cooldown as I guess it's VERY hard to land in pvp? I mean it's SUPER telegraphed and takes a while to land? I haven't seen a single pvp video on YT where Wrath of Beast/Ire of beast is used as main source of dmg in PvP - but it's worth a try i guess. 

But you never answered me on the offhand ornamental - I'm stilling using the Sayers +5 for accuracy, but as i have the Taritas armor is that overkill? It sorta hampers my AP not getting any on the off hand!? Thoughts? 

Posted

Wrath of beast is a defensive cooldown. The above post is correct, nobody will get hit by it since the cast time is so slow.

Saiyer is the best offhand until boss offhand.

Posted

My question about Falling Rock was actually meant to be about Predatory Hunt - is that worth it? 

Posted (edited)

Wrath of beast is the one i see ppl getting the 1st rank of, i actually saw it as a defensive cooldown as I guess it's VERY hard to land in pvp? I mean it's SUPER telegraphed and takes a while to land? I haven't seen a single pvp video on YT where Wrath of Beast/Ire of beast is used as main source of dmg in PvP - but it's worth a try i guess. 

But you never answered me on the offhand ornamental - I'm stilling using the Sayers +5 for accuracy, but as i have the Taritas armor is that overkill? It sorta hampers my AP not getting any on the off hand!? Thoughts? 

Well i have wrath of the beast maxed out all the way to Ire of Beast on every 50-60 build i've played but if you're using it offensiv like i used to do then you need to be in a group of 2 in order to have a 100% hit rate. I used to play with a friend of mine who is also playing Berserker and you can just wombo-combo people from 0-100. 

player 1: pre-cast IofB

player 2: Undertaker into player 1 IofB

player 2: pre-cast IofB

player 1: IofB hit -> Knockdown

player 1: Thunder

player 2: IofB hit -> Knockdown

player 1: Smackdown

dead

If you're not in a party with someone who is used to your playstyle then dont use it as offensiv ability.

And yes as said above keep Saiyer until boss loot.

Edited by Surrender

Posted

My question about Falling Rock was actually meant to be about Predatory Hunt - is that worth it? 

Nah. Level 1 is good for knocking down mobs at the calpheon shrine, that's about it. Other than that it's actually pretty good at jumping over walls that are too high to vault over.

Posted

This one is what you should expect when you're playing giant 50+ pvp. Double giant is always fun ^_^. Once GvG starts getting interesting in EU i will upload my pvp videos aswell.

Posted

Nah. Level 1 is good for knocking down mobs at the calpheon shrine, that's about it. Other than that it's actually pretty good at jumping over walls that are too high to vault over.

Lol! Nice to know! :) 

@ Surrender - I like your thinking! Wombo combo is sexy! 

I am struggling a little atm with my AP though - I am around 70-75 as far as I remember, but can't really see any reliable way of getting it a lot higher than that! 

Like I said my weapon is at 12 and I am probably going for Force Enhancements until 15, which will take a little while to get stones for! 
I am wearing Barres rings and 1 earring (they are rare on AH) and then Kalis Belt and Necklace but all rank 0. 

Any ideas on upping the AP? And what numbers should i be aiming for to begi nwith at 50? AP/DP? Accuracy is invisible right? But i have a lot! 
Thoughts? 

So a little frustrating that the video is being speed up? And the pounding metal music and shouting in russian ! :D 

Looking forward to really getting into the nitty gritty of the class and into some awesome pvp! 

You Don't really see that russian guy using Ire of Beast either though! :/

Posted

Ire of Beast isnt "meta" as i said you have to know how to play Ire builds and not a lot people use it because the risk of getting killed if you use it at the wrong time is really high. But i almost never play meta builds its to easy to avoid the meta builds and outplay people.

I'm on way home i will answer further questions later today :)

Posted

Looking forward to it - thanks for your feedback so far! 

Another thing I want to know is what other skills is good to Awaken and what to go for on those skills? 
As I have my 4 HP on Raging Thunder I am looking for goodies elsewhere! :D

Posted

Looking forward to it - thanks for your feedback so far! 

Another thing I want to know is what other skills is good to Awaken and what to go for on those skills? 
As I have my 4 HP on Raging Thunder I am looking for goodies elsewhere! :D

+AP on frenzied destroyer is pretty good. It's all really fluff, as long as you have +4HP on raging thunder you're good.

Posted

+AP on frenzied destroyer is pretty good. It's all really fluff, as long as you have +4HP on raging thunder you're good.

You are right, but was thinking that an increase on attack speed for x duration on frenzied destroyr or similar would fit the skill well, seeing as you alrdy pop it for the AP buff, would only make it that more powerful! As I have spare awakenings and memory fragments now, it would just be cool to get it sorted! 

But yes, it is pretty fluffy as you say! Would be nice with a list of possible buffs on the skills - I saw one on KR but can't make sense of it! 

Posted

I'm excited to see that 50+ build!! Thank you for the guide tho, it helped me a out quite a bit leveling up.

Posted

You are right, but was thinking that an increase on attack speed for x duration on frenzied destroyr or similar would fit the skill well, seeing as you alrdy pop it for the AP buff, would only make it that more powerful! As I have spare awakenings and memory fragments now, it would just be cool to get it sorted! 
But yes, it is pretty fluffy as you say! Would be nice with a list of possible buffs on the skills - I saw one on KR but can't make sense of it! 

how do you get memory fragments?