• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lieto' pre-Mediah guide on Ranger

347 posts in this topic

Posted

Skills:

First of, there is no "skill build". 50 is hardly a soft cap since you ll get to 51 in roughly 25-30 hours of grinding and that will get you massive amount of SP. There are some priorities though, you might not be able to take it all right away but it's not a big deal, just keep working towards it. Evasive explosion shot rank 1 > (personal preference) Bow mastery max > Blasting gust max > Will of wind max > max evasive shot at 41 > Ultimate charging wind max > Spirit healing max. Around level 53 max feather or razor wind or both and consider maxing explosive shot for pvp. By that time you will figure out what to pick next (don’t forget to get Call from Sky and Flow: Kiss of wind when you have SP for it)

As a fresh 50 consider something similar to this: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/ranger/7906#

OK i have a question: maxing out bow mastery is priority because it scales base damage of your bow which has impact on damage of the other skills that you use ?

Posted

Been trying to find information regarding the Hebe set, but it seems that it is found in Mediah. Is this correct? 

Posted (edited)

OK i have a question: maxing out bow mastery is priority because it scales base damage of your bow which has impact on damage of the other skills that you use ?

•  

It certainly does have impact on explosive shot. 

Been trying to find information regarding the Hebe set, but it seems that it is found in Mediah. Is this correct? 

When in doubt check "sold" section on your AH. 

Edited by li3to

Posted

•  

It certainly does have impact on explosive shot. 

When in doubt check "sold" section on your AH. 

Well, I am not in doubt. I am just wondering if there has been some kind of typo when translating from korean to NA/EU. The only "Hebe" is the hebetate tree spirit armor and the bheg gloves. (Share set bonus)

Posted (edited)

Well, I am not in doubt. I am just wondering if there has been some kind of typo when translating from korean to NA/EU. The only "Hebe" is the hebetate tree spirit armor and the bheg gloves. (Share set bonus)

In NA it is called Heve. 

Edited by Shappy

Posted (edited)

Very nice guide!

I've never thought about leveling EES only to 1 to keep mana cost low, could be a good idea!

I Have a question tho:

OZKRGzX.jpg

Isnt the damage increasing even against mobs, or it increse only the damage of the actual jump (the one that bounds)?

Edited by Tizio

Posted

Very nice guide!

I've never thought about leveling EES only to 1 to keep mana cost low, could be a good idea!

I Have a question tho:

OZKRGzX.jpg

Isnt the damage increasing even against mobs, or it increse only the damage of the actual jump (the one that bounds)?

The damage from EES itself - even when at level 3, is completely meaningless.  The noticeable damage you deal all comes from the air arrows you fire after jumping which are buffed by the Bow skill, not the EES skill.

You only take EES to level 3 so you can unlock the extra jump ability. I've tried both and I came to the conclusion that I preferred keeping it at rank 1 for the lower mana cost when farming. Right now most people you fight are terrible at pvp and you don't need the double jump anyway. Once this changes I will go back to using rank 3.

Posted

Hey care to look into my build, atm I am lvl 30 and I feel very lacklustered what should I lvl up next when going for lvl 50? Or should i just make another ranger character because I don't have skill reset available and I am not planning to use irl money for it.

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/ranger/8235#

Posted

@li3toYou don't mention Penetrating Wind at all in your skill build in the guide. Care to elaborate on that skill? How would you prioritize it over let say, feather or rank 3 EES?

Awesome guide bro!

Posted

"at 53 you have a choice — max razor wind and go to tree spirits" Do you mean the mutant tree spirits? I kill tree spirits with 2 explosive shots so I don't see why you would bother skilling razor wind for them

Posted

Right now most people you fight are terrible at pvp and you don't need the double jump anyway. Once this changes I will go back to using rank 3.

It's not about double jump. Higher rank of EES increase the radius of your stun that is quite handy in any pvp encounter.

@li3toYou don't mention Penetrating Wind at all in your skill build in the guide. Care to elaborate on that skill? How would you prioritize it over let say, feather or rank 3 EES?

I do mention flow kiss of the wind which is the only reason why you might ever want to take penetrating wind. It's rather useless on it's own.

Posted

Would you not take Penetrating Wind for PvP? A long range knockdown seems pretty worth to me. Genuine question, the only PvP fights I've had so far were 1vX so I haven't been able to use it, but in a group fight it seems worth.

Posted

The knockdown practically never works with steel dagger unless against significantly lower level opponents.
You also don't need kiss of the wind if you use it through tearing arrow. (tearing arrow 1, penetrating wind 4) 

Posted

Who uses Steel in PvP? :)

Posted

In NA it is called Heve. 

Yeah I found out after a lot of confusion :D

That damn translation from KR to NA is...mindbogling...at least O.o

Posted

Who uses Steel in PvP?

I am.

Guys, i appreciate that everyone says that bronze is better for PVP. I did my tests and the result is in the first topic. I encourage you to do your own tests to make sure you are not missing on 30 damage coming from steel dagger because of something you read on the forums. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am.

Guys, i appreciate that everyone says that bronze is better for PVP. I did my tests and the result is in the first topic. I encourage you to do your own tests to make sure you are not missing on 30 damage coming from steel dagger because of something you read on the forums. 

Will certainly test it, but I felt an increase in my damage output switching from +7 Steel to +7 Bronze (with blue +15 Yuria bow). I honestly couldn't kill anyone with Steel. With that said, I'm absolutely new to this so I'm not saying my findings are the be all and end all - simply my experience so far.

Posted

You only take EES to level 3 so you can unlock the extra jump ability.

You kind of have that already with max evade shot.  You can cancel into a mid air side evade after firing EES.  What I'm wondering is, if I maxed out EES to get Ride the Wind, will I be able to have a double jump after firing?  (i.e. cancel into evade, and then RtW)

Posted

what armor to enchant first?

Posted

what armor to enchant first?

if u mean "what piece of armor" then u can call yr BS, put piece of armor inside enchantment slot and see how many DP it will get after enchant. So u enchant the one which gives u more DP

Posted

I do mention flow kiss of the wind which is the only reason why you might ever want to take penetrating wind. It's rather useless on it's own.

@Li3to: Ok, but when would you suggest maxing Penetrating Wind+getting Kiss? Would you max Feather first?

Posted

@Li3to: Ok, but when would you suggest maxing Penetrating Wind+getting Kiss? Would you max Feather first?

Pen wind+ kiss does more for you than maxing feather, especially against bosses.

Posted

Ok, but when would you suggest maxing Penetrating Wind+getting Kiss? Would you max Feather first?

Up to you really. Feather is really good for farming weak mobs and sometimes on sieges. I would go for feather first. Some people really like penetrating wind — i am not one of those, i like to get close and personal and just gib people without any CC. If you take a look at shotgun videos that is kind of what he is doing as well. You do cast this skill once in a while but w/e.

Will certainly test it, but I felt an increase in my damage output switching from +7 Steel to +7 Bronze (with blue +15 Yuria bow).

Make sure to have the food buff rolling (the  one that gives you accuracy) and test afterwards. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Could you tell me where is night vendor?

Posted

Up to you really. Feather is really good for farming weak mobs and sometimes on sieges. I would go for feather first. Some people really like penetrating wind — i am not one of those, i like to get close and personal and just gib people without any CC. If you take a look at shotgun videos that is kind of what he is doing as well. You do cast this skill once in a while but w/e.

Make sure to have the food buff rolling (the  one that gives you accuracy) and test afterwards. 

Please elaborate on why you would only skill razor wind for treants