• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A New CM has arrived

90 posts in this topic

Posted

My name is CM_Tytyes (Yes…. keep reading and you’ll learn the story of this nickname….) and I am the new member of DaumGames Europe, joining as a French Community Manager for BDO.

As a Gamer I have been playing video game for as far as I can remember. Tried a lot of different MMORPG and Black Desert caught my interest as soon as the Korean version made some noise on the web. Other than that it’s still worth mentioning I’m a big “Survival-crafting” game fan.

About me, it all started when I joined Blizzard Entertainment in Ireland to become a Game Master for World of Warcraft. After few years I went back to France to work on small but amazing project that showed me how diverse the video game Industry can be, and once I had a better view of what I wanted to do, I went back to Ireland this time to work for EA handling different titles and different projects.

Today I’m here, I barely arrived in Amsterdam, should move in my new place soon and am really excited to get everything settled properly to finally focus on the game. I’ve literally just arrived today so forgive me if I take some times to answer you all. ;)

Welcome CM, but out of that entire entrance speech, the only thing you said anywhere related to BDO was that it "caught your interest when he Korean version made some noise on the web". I'm more curious as to what you know about the game that you're now a Community Manager for. Don't get me wrong, I like your history, but why would any of us be happy to have a CM that knows nothing/barely anything about the game? I've always been annoyed back in WoW getting a GM that knew nothing about the game and responded to every support question like he was reading off a script. As I recall, any community based staff should have extensive knowledge about the game. I've noticed you have 5 posts, and a bunch of likes only obtained from this post. So please allow me to ask some questions to get to know more about you as a BDO player, and not some random guy that got invited to the staff purely from his past experiences with other companies. :3

1. How long have you been a player on Black Desert Online? Purely basing your timeline off of when the Korean Server got popular doesn't help much. We can't judge your knowledge off of nothing to go on. 
  2. What class have you found to be your favorite out of all the ones released on KR server? 
  3. What were all the classes you've played so far? Generally game masters in World of Warcraft should have played all or most of the available classes, and should know almost everything there is to know about them.
  4. What about this game interests you the most? 

I know that I am a new face myself, but I studied the game enough to know most of the item drops/locations, most of the classes, and A LOT of the story. I've done most of the quests purely to get some story into this grindfest. 

Once again, WELCOME! Glad to have you here. ^-^

Posted

I read that in his voice. x)

Posted

Welcome CM McTits

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the new CM! :)

Posted

HIIIIIIIIII

Posted (edited)

Welcome based new CM god! Your new name is now CM Titties.

That's exactly what I was thinking lmao

Welcome CM, but out of that entire entrance speech, the only thing you said anywhere related to BDO was that it "caught your interest when he Korean version made some noise on the web". I'm more curious as to what you know about the game that you're now a Community Manager for. Don't get me wrong, I like your history, but why would any of us be happy to have a CM that knows nothing/barely anything about the game? I've always been annoyed back in WoW getting a GM that knew nothing about the game and responded to every support question like he was reading off a script. As I recall, any community based staff should have extensive knowledge about the game. I've noticed you have 5 posts, and a bunch of likes only obtained from this post. So please allow me to ask some questions to get to know more about you as a BDO player, and not some random guy that got invited to the staff purely from his past experiences with other companies. :3

1. How long have you been a player on Black Desert Online? Purely basing your timeline off of when the Korean Server got popular doesn't help much. We can't judge your knowledge off of nothing to go on. 
  2. What class have you found to be your favorite out of all the ones released on KR server? 
  3. What were all the classes you've played so far? Generally game masters in World of Warcraft should have played all or most of the available classes, and should know almost everything there is to know about them.

I know that I am a new face myself, but I studied the game enough to know most of the item drops/locations, most of the classes, and A LOT of the story. I've done most of the quests purely to get some story into this grindfest. 

Good thinking. I think alot of us would like to know as well.

My name is CM_Tytyes (Yes…. keep reading and you’ll learn the story of this nickname….) and I am the new member of DaumGames Europe, joining as a French Community Manager for BDO.

Welcome to the mayhem Ty! Enjoy your stay and be good to us lowly players :P 

Edited by Mynxie
all my replies were merging messed everything up even the quotes were not correct.

Posted

Good luck with tour new job! :)

Posted

Welcome Tytyes!
I'm happy to share the fun and excitement witch our forums are with you!

Posted

Welcome Tytyes!
I'm happy to share the fun and excitement witch our forums are with you!

You have a very strange definition of fun

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome

Posted

Welcome French CM!

Posted

Hello, and whalecum...

(Sorry im spanish my english may not be perfect...)

:)

Posted

Rofl if half of that were a requirement. Game masters wouldn't excist.
clearly he has experince in this topic, and is probaly why he were picked.

Welcome Fallen Angel ^^

Posted

Welcome CM titties :D

Posted

Ello (. )( .)  :P

Posted

Welcome xxx

Posted

Welcome! CM_ ( O Y O )  _( O Y O )  !!!  :D

Posted (edited)

Hey man welcome! i live just out of amsterdam (like 20 km away) so thats awesome to hear a CM is living nearby but anyway i whis you good luck!

Edited by wowable

Posted

My lawd! Daum that name!

Hello, and whalecum...

(Sorry im spanish my english may not be perfect...)

:)

Are you being serious? and lol whalecum... (I've seen it before but eh)

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the community! It's great to have you here, best of luck in the future! :) 

Posted

Welcome, Don't sweat the hater's. Once launch is done, and the smoke clears it will all be good.

Posted

greetings and salutation :D

Posted

Welcome mate. Enjoy all the impatient ragers at launch :)

Just remember us founders love you.

Just remember a lot of gamer's aren't self polishing elitist who think they're better than everyone else. Some of us game because we love gaming. Regardless to what day we spent the same amount of money. 

Bienvenue!

Glad to have you on board.

Posted

BEST USERNAME

Posted

Welcome :P