• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dumb move not going for the f2p option

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

honestly this feels like a really bad move, if you make your game b2p and then have the nerve to have a cash shop is a pretty shitty move, company after company making greedy decisions that leave a sour taste in gamers mouth i just finished up with sky-forge after development destroyed any remnants of fairness in the game, and pretty much turned the cash shop more pay to win the more players they lost, if you wanted to have the b2p model you should have introduced sub model not this garbage its a shame i was actually looking forward to playing this, now back to dota 2 wishing and hoping a mmo will come out where the company staff aren't some greedy soul sucking cooperate douches, when will these people learn if i feel respected as a person i will spend much more on your game then if you try to suck it out of me.

F*ck off kid! If you can't afford the game you are not suited for Black Desert! Go get a freaking job.... It is not even expensive and you do not have to buy stuff in the cash shop! I like to have the option to buy new stuff and support the game!... And I am more than happy to not have you in the community, so please stay away and stop spreading toxic!

Edited by Martin Blom
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Op dota2 is b2p and got cash shop right?

Edited by NightShade

Posted (edited)

@Op dota2 is b2p and got cash shop right?

No. Dota2 is free, but Pay to win and cash shop.

Edited by Martin Blom

Posted (edited)

No. Dota2 is free, but Pay to win and cash shop.

Ah so that's what op is returning too after complaining about this cash shop:P 

Edited by NightShade

Posted

tumblr_inline_nlyjt3piDC1t1gb0x.gif

tumblr_inline_nlyjt3piDC1t1gb0x.gif

Posted (edited)

Ah so that's what op is returning too after complaining about this cash shop:P 

Hahahah yup. He complains that he does not want a cash shop or pay to win. Then go back to Dota2 - free to play, but pay to win & cash shop. OP/kid is so toxic.

Edited by Martin Blom

Posted

I wouldnt even mind if it was sub based but please stop this game should be f2p crap.  

I wouldnt even mind if it was sub based but please stop this game should be f2p crap.  

Posted

Man the game is $30 US for base game. That's half the price of a "typical" video game, yet this one offers alot more content than most. If you want to gripe about it being P2P with a cash shop then don't buy it. Other games were the same. I had Elder scrolls online collectors edition that I paid $100 for and had a subscription with a cash shop for cosmetics, then the game went F2P yet any content updates cost you money or you have to subscribe. There is worse models out there.

Man the game is $30 US for base game. That's half the price of a "typical" video game, yet this one offers alot more content than most. If you want to gripe about it being P2P with a cash shop then don't buy it. Other games were the same. I had Elder scrolls online collectors edition that I paid $100 for and had a subscription with a cash shop for cosmetics, then the game went F2P yet any content updates cost you money or you have to subscribe. There is worse models out there.

Actually, retain markups are 100% for games, therefore, $30 is normal for regular games.  I used to buy games at $30 from discount stores, and my friend used to work in Koei tells me that.

But I agree with you that this game has quality.

Actually, retain markups are 100% for games, therefore, $30 is normal for regular games.  I used to buy games at $30 from discount stores, and my friend used to work in Koei tells me that.

But I agree with you that this game has quality.

Posted (edited)

Lmao there is no Pay to win in dota.. The cash shop is purely cosmetic.. there is no way to gain increase in any in game stats.. -----ing inbreds

Lmao there is no Pay to win in dota.. The cash shop is purely cosmetic.. there is no way to gain increase in any in game stats.. -----ing inbreds

So you are telling me that you get all the Heroes when you make a free account? And that you are able to obtain them without paying?

Edited by Martin Blom

Posted (edited)

Yeah exactly that... you're thinking of lol... In dota all heroes are instantly available for a free lvl 1 account.. no bonuses can be obtained

Yeah exactly that... you're thinking of lol... In dota all heroes are instantly available for a free lvl 1 account.. no bonuses can be obtained

Source... i have 5.5k hours in that game

Edited by juulmon

Posted (edited)

Source... i have 5.5k hours in that game

Then I am sorry for misleading.

Edited by Martin Blom

Posted

Why is everyone repeating what they're saying?

Why is everyone repeating what they're saying?

Posted

Its the same Model like Guild Wars 2. B2P with not much variation in Gearstyle besides of.....wait.....Ahh....Costumes. And a Cashshop where you can buy them. And the Game is still awesome and has a great Playerbase.

Its the same Model like Guild Wars 2. B2P with not much variation in Gearstyle besides of.....wait.....Ahh....Costumes. And a Cashshop where you can buy them. And the Game is still awesome and has a great Playerbase.

Posted

F2P gives me nightmares. I'm glad BDO is not F2P, B2P is the best solution. And the cash shop is only for cosmetic stuff, nothing game changing...

Posted

Basically there are 4 types of games

The Sub based, which is an outdated model and only a few games remain with this format

the F2P - P2W model witch is the trash of the internet (everything is in the cash shop) these launch and close as often as i change my underwear

the F2P- Freemium model which is simply a demo with a sub option if you are interested. This is not as bad but sometimes the "demo" restrictions are ridiculous. Bank limit to 1 penny, you can create 1/2 a character and you can only blink once a day. (some games include Planetside2, DC Universe)

and finally my favorite. and a model that is picking up popularity the B2P.

Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online are some examples. You get the FULL game for the price of retail (30$-60$) and you get ALL features, No restrictions. and a cash shop filled with cosmetics and Convenience items, like bank and inventory tabs.

The B2P model should be the future of MMORPGs, as you get money from every single player (30$ minimum) the players feel some sort of loyalty to the game since they have a stake in it now and will tend to give it time before calling it quits if there is an update they didn't like. The player can chose to support the game development by purchasing fancy cosmetics on his own terms (read: non mandatory) 

so as long as they stay non P2W shop (by that i mean actual weapons/armor that have higher stats than anything you can get in game in a reasonable timeframe.) then its a win win for everyone. 

Posted

honestly this feels like a really bad move, if you make your game b2p and then have the nerve to have a cash shop is a pretty shitty move, company after company making greedy decisions that leave a sour taste in gamers mouth i just finished up with sky-forge after development destroyed any remnants of fairness in the game, and pretty much turned the cash shop more pay to win the more players they lost, if you wanted to have the b2p model you should have introduced sub model not this garbage its a shame i was actually looking forward to playing this, now back to dota 2 wishing and hoping a mmo will come out where the company staff aren't some greedy soul sucking cooperate douches, when will these people learn if i feel respected as a person i will spend much more on your game then if you try to suck it out of me.

You complain about the cash shop and you want the game to go F2P, the stupidity is unreal.

If you dont want a cash shop, you should ask that the game becomes subscription based.

Posted

World of Warcraft is P2P with a cash shop......... GW2 is b2p and. Buy to u

You complain about the cash shop and you want the game to go F2P, the stupidity is unreal.

If you dont want a cash shop, you should ask that the game becomes subscription based.

wow has a cs

Posted

B2P was the best move for this game

Posted

It doesn't matter.  They already got payed MILLIONS.

Posted

World of Warcraft is P2P with a cash shop......... GW2 is b2p and. Buy to u

wow has a cs

The ponit is that if you have a subscription, a cash shop would be entirely comsetic.

if you Dont have a subscription or a buy to play model, then very often the cash shop becomes P2W, because they need the money from the cash shop.

If they get money in any other way, the cash shop remains cosmetical... and well... doesnt ruin the game

Posted (edited)

why is it a dumb move? its the smartest move you can make when first publishing a game in a region that has been hyped about it for a long time, especially when its advertised as next gen, you sound like someone who cant even pay $30 for a title so how are you paying for your internet connection right now to even complain? /mic drop

the game isnt going to be buy2play forever. eventually it will go free to play. think of this game as a free2play mmorpg but with an entrance fee that secures the game at least 3+ years of publishing licence. that's more than enough and a huge profit already, its a headstart into the game's lifespan and after it goes free2play it just sort of cruises along. i mean, i get it, as a whiny consumer you can't understand the gaming business, but its there, promise.

Edited by Yule
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Yule

I would reply really cheeky to OP but I will gain another infraction.

I am sated now.

Edited by QCP

Posted

@OP hope you see that no one here cares. If you have an issue with buying a game to play it then you have an issue. Maybe get out of moms basement and get a job. Then money isn't that much of an issue. But DOTA 2 will welcome you back, the community there should suit you fine.

Posted

forum posts bugged again.....

what you don't like teh double posts? xD

Posted

Get a job or f*ck off OP. It's not greedy for a company to want to make money. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0