• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

lol the pk ruins this game

172 posts in this topic

Posted

Really?  you went there?  This is a GAME not a reflection of reality.  I guess every man rolling with a female character has some issues according to you as well.
How about pretty much every game that involves shooting... guess we are all
psychopath's and need to be locked up for life....
What that tells me about you is that in RL you have no backbone, you cant take a joke, and you are generally a debbie downer.  There see I can make assumptions based off of literally nothing at all.

Paging Mr Dumass Paging Mr Dumass....Call on line Zero!

In this game in particular, classes are gender locked.  I've been gaming longer than you've been alive.  You have no understanding behind the psychology of gaming so lick a fat hippo penis....psycho.

Posted

So.. you just bought a game for its look and did absolutely no research? Thats smart. 

Exactly.

I'm glad you have the ability to comprehend such things.

Posted

The website says NOTHING about PvP. So you PvP wankers go away and play an actual PvP game and leave this one

but this is an actual pvp game. I'll stay here thank you

Posted

You got killed and kept coming back, didn't change channels, didn't rally a team up... just... die, go back?

I mean if you don't like pvp why go back to where the people looking for pvp are?

Find a strong guild that values whatever you bring to the game. If you hate PvP but craft and farm, setup a system that gives the guild resources they need and they will protect you.

Posted (edited)

Attention This is a public service announcement for all the care bears who will answer this thread to drown us with moar tears we Pvpers  want you to know how we feel about your hurt feelingstumblr_lze0ka74aV1qkciz5.gif

Edited by YARA_GREYJOY

Posted

This is why I usually roll on pve servers on games that allow it. I just went to catfish to grind...it was perfect exp and then the pkers showed up. Me and a 50 kept getting pked till the 50 left. When he got killed he proceeded to say "lol noobs 2v1" then left. Then the pkers just kept killing me for some reason. Whats so fun about that especially when the penalty fks up your char.

Thats what makes the game amazing.

You shouldn't just be able to sit in the best grind spot and farm money and items ... it gives an actual sense of danger, CLAIM YO SHIT, put that person who pk's you into the ground. Make sure people know that that area you are in, you aren't playing and refuse to move unless killed. 

It seriously reminds me of old time EQ .. getting a camp, and just farming ... til the pvp begins and you either wipe them and continue on, or you die and find somewhere else to go. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This gif seems to be fitting...

147951.gif

I'm dieing.. this is beautiful.

Posted

If you can't handle them alone beat them with numbers. Not all battles are meant to be fought, after they killed you decide if it is worth staying. PKers survive off outnumbering and surprising their targets. Train up remember their family names and seek revenge!

ee3.gif

Imma need sauce on this btw.

Posted

Honestly I didn't even realize this game was PVP until after I bought it. I strongly dislike PVP games because of the griefers, but at the same time I realize that it adds an element to the game that demands you pay attention to what is going on.

Dying in a game to an NPC is one thing, but dying to another player gives a level of consequences for journeying into a dangerous world alone and/or unprepared. Back in the middle ages this was a problem, just as it appears to be in BDO, you would fall victim to bandits and murderers if you went out without help or proper training and willingness to defend yourself. As a PVE vet, I'm welcoming the the idea of a world where I'm going to have to bring my A-game to survive.

The problem is that the consequences for the pker in the game are not nearly as bad as potentially dying in real life because they tried to gank the wrong person.

1 person likes this

Posted

The problem is that the consequences for the pker in the game are not nearly as bad as potentially dying in real life because they tried to gank the wrong person.

lol 

That's a cute way of considering the situation.

I believe there is a karma system though, so there is a degree of penalty going on here, and I suspect as the game matures in NA it will see some changes.

Posted

This gif seems to be fitting...

147951.gif

This was so satisfying to watch.

Posted

whats PK?

Posted (edited)

lol 

That's a cute way of considering the situation.

I believe there is a karma system though, so there is a degree of penalty going on here, and I suspect as the game matures in NA it will see some changes.

There is a degree of penalty sure, but nothing that can stop someone from coming back from the dead and trying a repeat performance within 5 minutes, and however many times they feel like it.

You're just not safe, even if you win. Eventually you'll lose because of attrition.

Edited by Gungan

Posted

People like that will turn this game into a pve game.

You knew this before playing so don't complain. Get lost.

Posted

There is a degree of penalty sure, but nothing that can stop someone from coming back from the dead and trying a repeat performance within 5 minutes, and however many times they feel like it.

You're just not safe, even if you win. Eventually you'll lose because of attrition.

True this may be, it will force you to rethink your tactics. If you're being hounded by a PKer, you can as they say change channels, but more importantly understand you aren't entitled to be anywhere doing anything, and so you should probably just move on to somewhere else or do something else for awhile. I think seeing it as a positive instead of a negative is a better way to approach it, because say you fish, that's all you do, but now you fish and are forced to go mining awhile, you've done something you wouldn't otherwise have done.

Try to see the good in it.

3 people like this

Posted

Paging Mr Dumass Paging Mr Dumass....Call on line Zero!

In this game in particular, classes are gender locked.  I've been gaming longer than you've been alive.  You have no understanding behind the psychology of gaming so lick a fat hippo penis....psycho.

Ha haha hahahaha... This post is so -----ing adorable... :D

Seriously, thanks for the laughs.

Posted

True this may be, it will force you to rethink your tactics. If you're being hounded by a PKer, you can as they say change channels, but more importantly understand you aren't entitled to be anywhere doing anything, and so you should probably just move on to somewhere else or do something else for awhile. I think seeing it as a positive instead of a negative is a better way to approach it, because say you fish, that's all you do, but now you fish and are forced to go mining awhile, you've done something you wouldn't otherwise have done.

Try to see the good in it.

But a single PKer is allowed to hound you non stop until you leave? I don't think so.

Defending yourself against different PKers over the course of your grind sessions is fine, but having to defend yourself against the same PKer for that entire time is BS. If a PKer is killed, he should be moved to a different channel upon respawn and not allowed to return to the first channel for an hour or something (for example).

Posted

Find a strong guild that values whatever you bring to the game. If you hate PvP but craft and farm, setup a system that gives the guild resources they need and they will protect you.

Why did you quote me for this response?

Posted

But a single PKer is allowed to hound you non stop until you leave? I don't think so.

Defending yourself against different PKers over the course of your grind sessions is fine, but having to defend yourself against the same PKer for that entire time is BS. If a PKer is killed, he should be moved to a different channel upon respawn and not allowed to return to the first channel for an hour or something (for example).

In think more realistically he should be made able to lose his equipped items. If he keeps coming back, then he'll do so in the nude, and you can smack him again.

Maybe this is already a mechanic?

Posted (edited)

In think more realistically he should be made able to lose his equipped items. If he keeps coming back, then he'll do so in the nude, and you can smack him again.

Maybe this is already a mechanic?

They don't drop every time, and I'm sure he'll have backup gear. It's just no guarantee of stopping the harassment, even temporarily.

Edited by Gungan

Posted

this is the best part of the game hahaha xD just get better at the game and then you will be the giver and not the receiver xD

Posted

They don't drop every time, and I'm sure he'll have backup gear.

It wouldn't give much incentive for them then, while I'm sure members of laughing coffin would do it for the fun of it, surely it's going to be a rare thing come release.

Perhaps someone current in game can shed some of your experience?

Posted

um what? 

http://black-desert.com/pvp/

they already heavily limited PK-ing by the harsh karma system. If you want zero PvP sad to say this game is not for you

agreed, uh what? Most of BDOs key features are Pvp centric that dude needs to be the one to vacate. BDO is a Pvp game adapt or don't. His call.

1 person likes this

Posted

It wouldn't give much incentive for them then, while I'm sure members of laughing coffin would do it for the fun of it, surely it's going to be a rare thing come release.

Perhaps someone current in game can shed some of your experience?

I would prefer a guaranteed end to the harassment for at least some tangible period of time, tbh. You shouldn't be able to "haunt" someone non-stop.