• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A message to all pure PvPers

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello.

So, I just wanted to write down a couple of things after some topics were opened here. Everyone knew it was just a matter of time before some horribly uninformed random would post that stuff, so hopefully I'll manage to make a few points clear here. 

This game is not for pure PvP players. Simple as that. There is NO content catered exclusively to pure PvP players, no mechanic targeted at them, the overall design is completely and totally AGAINST their playstyle.

On the other hand, there is content aimed at mixed  PVP players, who enjoy PvE and PvP with some restrictions. There is nothing wrong with asking more PvP content which is in line with the overall design of the game. I personally would love to see more challenging, dynamic OW  pvp content, as it provides nice distraction from the constant mob grind and GvG/castle wars/node siege/..., while at the same time promoting interaction between players that have to group up to block out other players while they clear the dungeon, for instance. This is the kind of PvP that 99% of the playerbase can get behind, and that almost no one will ever complain about because it adds to the overall gaming experience for all play styles, without going against the design of the game. All this can happen because you mix together PvP and Pve and could never happen otherwise.

What you do not have in this game, and what most people do not want, is crappy, instance arenas that only promote the same old useless gear treadmill, with players sitting in the cities waiting "for their queue to pop" and be phased in an instanced area away from all the other players and preventing any kind of interaction, if not with the small group of 5-10 people in your party. This is completely against the design of the game, which is OW, and should never ever appear in game. You can not have it both ways, either you do OW or you do instanced, and BDO is A KOREAN MMO. 

Therefore, to sum it up once again, in this game there is no content directed at pure PvP players. Do not come here to complain asking to change the nature of this game just because you like the graphics or combat, because there is no content aimed at you in this game, so you're just trying to make this game what it is not. There is no meaningful PvP in this game for a reason, because it is designed to be a stage for PvE  fight over. If you really like grinding hordes of mindless noobs 24/7 for no particular reason, I'm sure you can do that in any mmo where you can turn your precious PvP flag off, so me and many others would appreciate if you would stop trying to destroy the only game based on factionless, OW PvE.

It's actually pretty easy to flip. Pvpers are the ones complaining the most.

Edit my phones auto correct hates this website

Edited by Marth
11 people like this

Posted

I see what you did there. ;)

2 people like this

Posted

If you don't know already. Rather you don't hunt for bdo content by reading updates or playing kr. They have already solved all of this in a new patch for kr. Valencia update. Where there will be bandit towns and bounties, and further down the road naval warefare. This is a generoc explanation. You may find the actual notes on their site for kr. Maybe even the na community site.

Posted

If you don't know already. Rather you don't hunt for bdo content by reading updates or playing kr. They have already solved all of this in a new patch for kr. Valencia update. Where there will be bandit towns and bounties, and further down the road naval warefare. This is a generoc explanation. You may find the actual notes on their site for kr. Maybe even the na community site.

Yes tome should have it. I read the KR patch notes. Yes I love the new changes to the desert. The entire point of this was to show that the reverse argument could be made and telling one of the largest demographics not to play the game is dumb. I could scream GO PLAY darkfall to every pvper but the point is not existent. 

Posted

Cant wait for the game to go live so PvE's get their reality slap.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well you flipped it. It didn't really make much sense though. Shouting go play darkfall makes equally less sense since we aren't the side asking for core gameplay changes.

Edited by Granberia

Posted

[...]

[...]

It is pretty easy to flip anything when you write BS with no logic whatsoever, yes.

2 people like this

Posted

I would like to say pvper are the most loyal, we surely spend the most money. However we run second to rpers in loyalty. Pvers are the worst though, they cry and complain at no end, then bail out anyway.

2 people like this

Posted

It is pretty easy to flip anything when you write BS with no logic whatsoever, yes.

you wrote iit.

3 people like this

Posted

Hello.

So, I just wanted to write down a couple of things after some topics were opened here. Everyone knew it was just a matter of time before some horribly uninformed random would post that stuff, so hopefully I'll manage to make a few points clear here. 

This game is not for pure PvP players. Simple as that. There is NO content catered exclusively to pure PvP players, no mechanic targeted at them, the overall design is completely and totally AGAINST their playstyle.

On the other hand, there is content aimed at mixed  PVP players, who enjoy PvE and PvP with some restrictions. There is nothing wrong with asking more PvP content which is in line with the overall design of the game. I personally would love to see more challenging, dynamic OW  pvp content, as it provides nice distraction from the constant mob grind and GvG/castle wars/node siege/..., while at the same time promoting interaction between players that have to group up to block out other players while they clear the dungeon, for instance. This is the kind of PvP that 99% of the playerbase can get behind, and that almost no one will ever complain about because it adds to the overall gaming experience for all play styles, without going against the design of the game. All this can happen because you mix together PvP and Pve and could never happen otherwise.

What you do not have in this game, and what most people do not want, is crappy, instance arenas that only promote the same old useless gear treadmill, with players sitting in the cities waiting "for their queue to pop" and be phased in an instanced area away from all the other players and preventing any kind of interaction, if not with the small group of 5-10 people in your party. This is completely against the design of the game, which is OW, and should never ever appear in game. You can not have it both ways, either you do OW or you do instanced, and BDO is A KOREAN MMO. 

Therefore, to sum it up once again, in this game there is no content directed at pure PvP players. Do not come here to complain asking to change the nature of this game just because you like the graphics or combat, because there is no content aimed at you in this game, so you're just trying to make this game what it is not. There is no meaningful PvP in this game for a reason, because it is designed to be a stage for PvE  fight over. If you really like grinding hordes of mindless noobs 24/7 for no particular reason, I'm sure you can do that in any mmo where you can turn your precious PvP flag off, so me and many others would appreciate if you would stop trying to destroy the only game based on factionless, OW PvE.

As you correctly stated this is not a pure PVP MMO, which is perfectly true. In fact there is more PvE content then PVP (I am counting everything un related to pvp btw) BUT undeniably the most used content are mostly the PvP sided ones, GvG being a big part in it. And I have heard allot of "Care bears" or PvE players say that there is NO meaning to OW PvP (Mainly PK) but what is meaningful about games, does it help you in real life ? In most cases NO we play it because we think it is fun to play and for many community acclaimed PURE PvP players this is all they want to do because for them it is meaningful in that sense. While you claim PvP players are trying to turn this game into a more oriented PVP game, PVE players have wanted things to be implemented to make PvP less apparent in there gameplay (flag system)' and in that sense they too are trying to change the game into something else.

I also feel your post is quite biased, cumming to your last paragraph you say "because it is designed to be a stage for PvE  fight over" NO NO and NO. As I previously mentioned this is not a PvP oriented game BUT nor is it PVE, I believe that this game is PVX where the majority of players will do both(like in many other mmo's). Farming mobs then pk'ing for a spot is an example of PVX since you are farming while holding you ground from other players. "Factionless" ??????? Many guilds (I do not support this) go pk'ing everywhere just for fun, then other guilds intervene making GVG take over areas of the map, systematically factiones does not exist but you can consider guilds to be just as significant if it where to exist.

Though you made good points that I totally agree with like instancing; it's a NO NO in my eyes as I believe truly naive system that defies the OW of this game.

- Sorry for bad grammar if any, I'm a bit tipsy atm :P 

Posted

As you correctly stated this is not a pure PVP MMO, which is perfectly true. In fact there is more PvE content then PVP (I am counting everything un related to pvp btw) BUT undeniably the most used content are mostly the PvP sided ones, GvG being a big part in it. And I have heard allot of "Care bears" or PvE players say that there is NO meaning to OW PvP (Mainly PK) but what is meaningful about games, does it help you in real life ? In most cases NO we play it because we think it is fun to play and for many community acclaimed PURE PvP players this is all they want to do because for them it is meaningful in that sense. While you claim PvP players are trying to turn this game into a more oriented PVP game, PVE players have wanted things to be implemented to make PvP less apparent in there gameplay (flag system)' and in that sense they too are trying to change the game into something else.

I also feel your post is quite biased, cumming to your last paragraph you say "because it is designed to be a stage for PvE  fight over" NO NO and NO. As I previously mentioned this is not a PvP oriented game BUT nor is it PVE, I believe that this game is PVX where the majority of players will do both(like in many other mmo's). Farming mobs then pk'ing for a spot is an example of PVX since you are farming while holding you ground from other players. "Factionless" ??????? Many guilds (I do not support this) go pk'ing everywhere just for fun, then other guilds intervene making GVG take over areas of the map, systematically factiones does not exist but you can consider guilds to be just as significant if it where to exist.

Though you made good points that I totally agree with like instancing; it's a NO NO in my eyes as I believe truly naive system that defies the OW of this game.

- Sorry for bad grammar if any, I'm a bit tipsy atm :P 

hey no problem man thanks for the reply. I am also for reduction of KR karma and open world pvp. Pking people of a spot is the height of mmo gameplay.

Posted (edited)

hey no problem man thanks for the reply. I am also for reduction of KR karma and open world pvp. Pking people of a spot is the height of mmo gameplay.

I think the problem lies within the players, when people get to fixated on one side of the game they begin to dislike and attack the opposite play style.

Everyone take a Korean green Tea KITKAT and take a PVX playstyle :D 

4558536131_be9c61b536.jpg

Edited by Myst/Fama

Posted

I think the problem lies within the players, when people get to fixated on one side of the game they begin to dislike and attack the opposite play style.

i agree 100% pvp vs pve will rremove one huge demographic from the game which will kill it

Posted

I agree with both Marth and insert_brain, anyone who thinks in obsoletes is in my opinion not someone you should be listening to.

Posted

I agree with both Marth and insert_brain, anyone who thinks in obsoletes is in my opinion not someone you should be listening to.

i love you

1 person likes this

Posted

I will PK everyone! Don't worry!

1 person likes this

Posted

That's green tea flavored? O.o

My first thought when I saw it was Wasabi flavored.

Posted

I will PK everyone! Don't worry!

you got pked by a Fatman. 

If you dont get that please change name

Posted

I'm not a pure anything, but for arguments sake , you point out that no one has place to say which "demographic" BDO is "targeted" for because there is theoretical room/attraction for all who are interested in the game for "what it is",  I agree with that sentiment. 

The tricky part is people don't even agree "what the game is" or have no concrete evidence/knowledge what it will become except previous example s of other version of it are , everyone sings to their own tune.

Reality is, what the game "is" for EU/NA, is what the developers/publishers have stated what their vision/design of the game for this market "is about", there is no play on words here, there is/was a clear statement about that (I believe during Paris game week) .

What "pure pvpers" or "pure pve-ers" think it "should " be about is something else, it's a pointless rope pulling war, because  both sides claim that the game should be more focused at them , while game focus has been already set/stated by daum.

Pure PVEers will get more pve content, they shouldn't ask for more pvp restrictions because they are already present, game is not only for them (according to what daum has stated) . Pure PVPers shouldn't ask for more Pvp freedom because they have different options for pvp already (even if one choice comes with a price) because this game is also not only for them, a game like this requires a certain amount of compromise from All play styles if they expect to co-exists with harmony, it can be a tricky balance, I think it's fair. 

1 person likes this

Posted

you got pked by a Fatman. 

If you dont get that please change name

yes yes.. nuke.. i get it! don't just assume I'm braindead pls!!! :P 

1 person likes this

Posted

i love you

It's about damn time! >:T

1 person likes this

Posted

In fact the game is designed to the pure PvP players, as there is almost no PvE multiplayer content. If you want singleplayer PvE, you will love the game. If you want massive PvP, you will love the game. If you want a MMORPG, well, that is not exactly the game for you.

Posted

That's green tea flavored? O.o

My first thought when I saw it was Wasabi flavored.

:D same here

Posted

The trigger is strong in this one.

Posted

Finelly someone who Could put the Big Picture in to words ^^ BDO is not a Pure PVP game