• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Head Start Compensation & Support

982 posts in this topic

Posted

did you honestly think that launch was gonna go perfectly....you should know by now that most mmo launches dont go correctly. Its just something to expect at this point. Ther is over 300,000 people playing the game, they cant make everyone happy.

as was stated elsewhere, i will re-iterate what the other guy said.

this is 2016. there has been 15 years of MMO launches, thousands of games, that they could have looked at to see potential problems. there was a CBT2 where they could have tested the claim system and didnt bother to. after 15 years of launches, a big time, major screw up should NOT be expected. this should not ever be the norm. companies shouldnt get a pass for a bad launch under the premise of "well all other launches dont go smooth"

2 people like this

Posted

I'm about 100% sure that calling people whiny little shits, in any sense, is just being toxic

Of course, because the whiny little shits are the epitome of toxic. Again, you can only see those people and their rants so much before one gets contaminated by their toxicity. What I said is minimal to the way they have responded and acted. They have been coddled wayyyyy to much and its about time someone shoved it up their own arse and they see how it is to be insulted and responded to that way. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is literally how i've seen majority of threads the last couple of days.

I want it now.gif

4 people like this

Posted

I guess you were one of the fortunate ones.  This launch for me has been worse then AA which I never expected to be able to say in my life.  I love the game, its great, but my confidence in who's handling the NA EU release has been soundly shaken and I'm now very reluctant to be hopeful in any way now.  When I'm asked about the game I praise it, but now I also give a disclaimer and a caution when I mention its NA EU handling.

I agree

DAUM, Ya think maybe umm, idon't know.....umm, testing the pre-order system during cbt2 would have been a good idea??? Or better yet use a system that Ultima Online has been using for over a decade.  I have a reward gump every time I log on, I have seen it for the last 15 years because I am slow to make up my mind what I want. It's a simple process, I know, I run my own private server.  The code for it is readily available on the net.  Invest a little time in google. 

Posted

Nobody said the launch was going to be fail free, I don't understand why people whine about how much they should expect everything and there isn't allowed to do any mistakes or hiccups during the time. If you think you could do a better job just send in your application and tell em you'll promise the people that they'll have a perfect launch without any problems what so ever and lets see how major you fk up.

Posted

I agree

DAUM, Ya think maybe umm, idon't know.....umm, testing the pre-order system during cbt2 would have been a good idea??? Or better yet use a system that Ultima Online has been using for over a decade.  I have a reward gump every time I log on, I have seen it for the last 15 years because I am slow to make up my mind what I want. It's a simple process, I know, I run my own private server.  The code for it is readily available on the net.  Invest a little time in google. 

I've already noticed a high server load in headstart than I noticed in CBT2. Not every little thing can be perfectly tested in closed beta's. I also know the difference between ruining a private server and running a game that has a multitude of other things not handed to you by someone that already did 90% of the coding. Shit happens before launches and during launches. On the GOOD side in game runs smooth as ----- when you are in.

Posted

Nobody said the launch was going to be fail free, I don't understand why people whine about how much they should expect everything and there isn't allowed to do any mistakes or hiccups during the time. If you think you could do a better job just send in your application and tell em you'll promise the people that they'll have a perfect launch without any problems what so ever and lets see how major you fk up.

People payed money for things that were not delivered, maybe you'll understand some day when your mom isn't the one handling your economy..

Posted

People payed money for things that were not delivered, maybe you'll understand some day when your mom isn't the one handling your economy..

They have already stated that the claims system was being wiped and restarted or have you not been following along at all? I was one of those people that had to re-claim twice then finally got my items 48 hours after launch and I was perfectly cool with it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Since we have been moved from the previous thread...

"• Monster EXP in the Rhutum/Catfish area has been adjusted on EU and NA to balance the leveling areas and match the intended leveling speed/curve."

Why? Why the hell? If you wanted the intended curving, should have capped us at 51. Now at the server we have people levels 52-53. Levels 50s, even with decent gear, can't touch them, cant fight them well even in a big group. People were working hard to catch up to them (good thing) and now you're making them work harder and only giving a plus to the people who rushed in an impossible and not indeed rate. This should either be changed back or change the accuracy on the 52-53 to allow possible fighting. Very disappointing to see such a decision. 

Posted

This is not about an imperfect launch for me, it's about paying for an item I didn't receive.  If you get a house built and the contractor doesn't finish when he says he will you complain.  If nobody ever complains then there is no point in setting a date.  Where do you draw the line?  Wasn't that what they did when they sold us the package?  We were supposed to receive that package at the beginning of the headstart, it didn't say some items will be delivered at a time of our choosing.  Bugs in any mmo are expected but not receiving items paid for will stand up to any fraud claim in court, not that I am in any way considering that just stating the level that it could go to.

Posted (edited)

Compensation based on affected user groups:

updated_again.PNG.34323541704b50dc8bfe68

I am confuse about this chart. I was on the headstart, and when I first created a character I was on Edan and since I wanted some peace and quiet I decided to play on serindia (which shut down upon me hitting level 20). 

Being the smart person that I am, I looked around within the first few minutes and found my character switched servers, and wanting to go back to Edan I created a new character on Edan.

So am I gonna get some compensation or no? If so, will I need to do anything or not?

Edited by XLucaX

Posted (edited)

That's a bit of an unprofessional statement there. All you have to do is copy paste the family names from the tech department which I know isn't hard as they'll already have the list of characters that they've had to input, or enter certain criteria into a database search to pull up the people who've had issues, which can be exported out onto a list that can be posted into a note so that people aren't dragging their nails across their desk to see if their stuff got reset or not. Even if you specifically can't do it, being an administrator, I'm sure you can put in word to the higher ups to do something about it. 
Startups always have their issues, and ya'll need to take some chill pills about it. It's pretty obvious who has been a part of a launch before and who hasn't based on their reaction to this whole fiasco. While there are issues with items/titles specifically, it doesn't stop you from playing the damn game*.

*There is of course the issue of people being on the wrong server, and while it is a major issue, it doesn't affect the majority of players like the items do. That's a mixup that I think should've been top priority on fixing. Once again, tech department should have a database of characters and they should be able to C/P characters over based on support tickets. If the family name was already chosen by someone else, you force whoever didn't have it reserved to rename. That would've been the 48 hour fix before Explorer pack people started making characters though...

now, tell me the point, what can you do if you get a "Confirmed" or "Denied" response? can do anything with your lost/reset items with servers down? ..i think not, then why should they answer all ppl asking the same "will my items wiped?" "any way to fix the issue from server?" "can you give a candie?" ? i know, you can be worry for your items, of course i do, but you cant do anything now, just wait and check when you're in-game, the other way, you only get a man busy answering stupid question (which will be answered when the servers are up again), and getting his time to fix the servers and your accounts.

And i doubt that will be so easy like a copy paste..

So yes, i prefer that "unprofessional statement" rather than wait longer because they have lost time answering to impatient ppl who can't wait for the servers up to make that questions or sending tickets like a freak

Edited by Arauko

Posted

A friend of mine accidently picked the wrong server because of bad communication, leveled to 21 and claimed all the pre-order rewards on that character. Is is possible for him to change server from Croxus to Alustine with all the items and progression? 

Posted

I am confuse about this chart. I was on the headstart, and when I first created a character I was on Edan and since I wanted some peace and quiet I decided to play on serindia (which shut down upon me hitting level 20). 

Being the smart person that I am, I looked around within the first few minutes and found my character switched servers, and wanting to go back to Edan I created a new character on Edan.

So am I gonna get some compensation or no? If so, will I need to do anything or not?

I believe you should be getting the same compensation as the top box as you got screwed way more than anyone else.

Posted

So am I gonna get some compensation or no?

Who knows, we will just have to wait and see as usual, level 1 beginner communication skills. 

Posted

I believe you should be getting the same compensation as the top box as you got screwed way more than anyone else.

I wonder if we all who did the headstart qualify for compensation 3 -2... 

Who knows, we will just have to wait and see as usual, level 1 beginner communication skills. 

I guess so.

What do you mean "level 1 beginner communication skills?"

Posted

Now now, no need to talk about their mommy.  The problem is there are people posting in def of Daum because their launch went smoothly and Daum chose not to roll back the servers and subject them to the same fate as those who had a really fubar'd launch.  If it had happened to them I'm sure they would be complaining as well.  Fortunately it did not happen to them and they are fortunate that they weren't subjected to the same fate that a rollback would have inflicted on them.  Had it been me, well it woulda been rolled back and all launch dates would have been pushed back 24 hours.  End of story.  Open launch would have happened tomorrow for instance and not today.  All the head start people would have been on the same play time page, had their names, been on the correct servers etc.  So I cant blame you for being happy and supportive about the launch when you weren't one of those unfortunate souls who couldn't enjoy it.  I mean after all if there were a train wreck I wouldn't expect people who safely traveled on trains to volunteer to be on the one that crashed, but those who were are sure entitled to complain about it.

Posted

They have already stated that the claims system was being wiped and restarted or have you not been following along at all? I was one of those people that had to re-claim twice then finally got my items 48 hours after launch and I was perfectly cool with it.

Yeah, but i'm not talking about your problem here now am I? Your problems aren't the same as mine hence you "being perfectly cool" with yours doesn't really matter to anyone else..

Posted

I wonder if we all who did the headstart qualify for compensation 3 -2... 

I guess so.

What do you mean "level 1 beginner communication skills?"

I think those of us that had all the issues in the first 4-6 hours of the game get compensated due to some serious technical issues on their end. I feel absolutely terrible for the lot on Edan>Serendia that had to start all over again. You lot are the only people who have room to complain right now.

Yeah, but i'm not talking about your problem here now am I? Your problems aren't the same as mine hence you "being perfectly cool" with yours doesn't really matter to anyone else..

Holy mother of entitlement!

1 person likes this

Posted

Name Blocking and Deletion Timer in short:

Normal Setup (as on EU servers):
• If you delete a character it will take 24h to process. Name will be blocked for 30 days.
• If you delete a guild, it will be instant. Name will be blocked for 30 days.

One quick question for clarity  - What does 'blocked' actually mean? 

Is it "blocked" from anyone reusing it for 30 days? or "blocked" from anyone else other than the current 'owner' of that name?  (I just want to check before I re-roll a character as I wanted to use the same name again but on a different class.)

Posted

Thank you for your hard working management and for sure we as members in this community appreciate this work, I feel sorry for who are affected negatively in this problem but it will be solved soon, so there should be no worries people the adventure is still up and we must put our hands together as one so we can be the best   :D

Some Questions Below...
Q: Will the mounts go back to level 0 again? 
Q 2: Will the pet go back to level 0 as well?
Q 3: shall we consider our spending on Mount and Pet as loss? or there will be a compensation

And thanks... <3 

Posted

Well it was very ruff and bumpy for me at first but I think you guys managed well at the end. Thank you. Great game :) 

Posted

How is the name swap working? I have no name swap coupon in the account?

Posted

I guess you didn't use your reserved name or were content that your reserved name remain on a different server then you intended to play.

Posted

I am glad this is getting closer to being more clear. However, timezones make trying to identify WHEN things are affected much more difficult. A reference to how to identify if you are part of "x" group would be helpful.