• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Make the nights darker like they were during CBT2

100 posts in this topic

Posted

But sell the Lantern at the General Goods NPC.

18 people like this

Posted

No.  I can barely see shit as it is.  Why the hell would I want things so damn dark that I can't see anything? 

7 people like this

Posted

I'm not sure about you guys, but my nights are the same as CBT2? :o

Posted

No.  I can barely see shit as it is.  Why the hell would I want things so damn dark that I can't see anything? 

The you got to be the only one cause the nights in this game is like early evenings where I live...

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree, during the nights I can see even the structures far away.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just turn your gamma down during nighttime. Problem solved!

Edited by Langley
sp
1 person likes this

Posted

NAH. I like these nights better. Inb4 "Use lantern" yeah but it looks like shit and I'm sick of looking at a -----ing glow stick around my character.
We can actually enjoy the nights and see how nice the game looks as well. What we need to talk about is the stars, or lackthereof.

Posted

Just turn your gamma down during nighttime. Problem solved!

That should not be necessary.  

Posted

The surprise pvp during the night would have been fun, shame the new guys wanted it easier for them when they could just adjust their gamma so they can see.

3 people like this

Posted

Are you sure there isn't a moon cycle with different levels of nights?

Posted

Are you sure there isn't a moon cycle with different levels of nights?

I don't think so they just made the night brighter.

Posted

I don't think so they just made the night brighter.

Then what are we waiting for? Let's ask them to implement a moon cycle! :P

Posted

Been playing 2nd day now, all nights are super bright. .-. Only difference between cloudy day and night now is the moon.

2016-03-01_519620158_zpscvffg0jf.png

Posted

Been playing 2nd day now, all nights are super bright. .-. Only difference between cloudy day and night now is the moon.

Yeah, beta nights were definitely darker than that.

2016-02-21_475116244.thumb.JPG.3f662f8ea

Posted (edited)

Estado jugando segundo día de hoy, todas las noches son súper brillante. .-. La única diferencia entre el día y la noche nublado ahora es la luna.

Down the gamma to -20%, i have in -20% and looks amazing

Edited by Kuronuma

Posted

Maybe calibrate your monitors colors?

Posted

Uh, the nights are really dark. Not sure what you are asking here. The really dark nights from closed beta were only from the thunderstorms.

Maybe your monitor has really bad black levels and high gamma?

Posted (edited)

They didn't change the darkness, they just made lanterns a little brighter.

Second:

This is how the beta was too at almost 4 am. The darkest part of the night is about 11-12pm, upon which at about 2pm it starts getting significantly lighter. If you had played the CBT well enough, you'd know this. Show a SS of the night at 11:30 pm and tell me its not dark. As others have said, if you want it darker turn your gamma down. Forcing other players to play in pitch darkness just so you "don't have to change your settings" is retarded.

Edited by Huntler
1 person likes this

Posted

Uh, the nights are really dark. Not sure what you are asking here. The really dark nights from closed beta were only from the thunderstorms.

Maybe your monitor has really bad black levels and high gamma?

They're not dark at all, not compared to CBT2. I can see all enemies, all bushes, all buildings and all players. During CBT2 without lantern you'd almost nothing, now you don't need lanterns at all. Pretty sure nights weren't dark in CBT2 only because of thunderstorms, as I play whole CBT2, 18th-22nd. Not all nights had thunderstorms, but all were very dark.

If you lower you gamma and play with settings to make the nights actually look like nights- yay, you have dark nights! But you're the only player who has them. So in a combat area when you're high lvl and can PvP, you don't see any enemies, but all enemies in the area see you.

The didn't change the darkness, they just made lanterns a little brighter.

Second:

This is how the beta was too at almost 4 am. The darkest part of the night is about 11-12pm, upon which at about 2pm it starts getting significantly lighter. If you had played the CBT well enough, you'd know this. Show a SS of the night at 11:30 pm and tell me its not dark. As others have said, if you want it darker turn your gamma down. Forcing other players to play in pitch darkness just so you "don't have to change your settings" is retarded.

It's morning in my game atm, so I'll post a pic when it's "night" again.

They implemented "realistic weather effects" to be realistic, no? :/ Not sure where you live, but where I live nights are almost pitch-black from 9pm to 4am. My 1st character during CBT2 spawned late evening and I've done all grinding at night, from beatles to steel imps. I could barely make out shapes, because I didn't figure out that my char has a lantern until morning. Now I don't even need to put the lantern on, unless my char goes to her basement at night, because I can't see the stairs.

1 person likes this

Posted

I 100% agree, i want my immersion back 

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 I miss the darker nights. Wasn't it an announcement that we would have darker nights as of CBT 2? Why did they change it back?

Posted

No they didn't make the lanterns a little brighter... night time is just like dusk these days and it sucks big time. >:(

Posted

Second:

2016-03-02_605122344_zpsitmusd7o.png2016-03-02_604845359_zpsi0mv98ga.png

It's midnight on the 1st shot, you can clearly see guy next to me, men walking nearby and the city in the back. 

2nd shot- 11 pm, you can see the whole area and even the player on the horse in the background, passing between the bushes.

No need for lantern because you can clearly see the whole scenery.

Sadly, I don't have shots from CBT2 apart from this one:

2016-02-19_181660930_zpscexhg9w5.jpg

But it's so dark Black Spirit merges with the background and you can barely distinguish one tree from another. The sky is very dark, grass in the back is just jet black.

2016-03-02_533662604_zpsyh4lktdj.png

This is night now. You can clearly see everything, even if it's far away. You can count trees in the picture, distinguish bushes from grass in the background.

1 person likes this

Posted

I miss the dark nights where I have to stumble through the darkness.

Posted

I miss the dark nights where I have to stumble through the darkness.

Same D: My 1st character spawned late evening, done the first chain quest from Black Spirit in pitch black  darkness. I loved it so much I bought the game.

Now Don't Starve has more realistic nights. x-x