• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Make the nights darker like they were during CBT2

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but I like to see where I'm going at night rather than figure out if I'm staring at an ogre or a tree.

If I wanted everything to be pitch black, I'll just close my eyes.

Edited by Banzatou
1 person likes this

Posted

Same D: My 1st character spawned late evening, done the first chain quest from Black Spirit in pitch black  darkness. I loved it so much I bought the game.

Now Don't Starve has more realistic nights. x-x

I loved the nights on ARK: Survival evolved. You HAD to have a lightsource. This isn't even the middle of the night and check it out, lmao.

B1Ril1E.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

A game slider for darkness would be cool. I wonder if that could be a thing. Obviously, changing gamma settings would have a similar effect but would also make it too bright in the daylight. Something in-game that only corresponded to night would be sweet.

Posted

I loved the nights on ARK: Survival evolved. You HAD to have a lightsource. This isn't even the middle of the night and check it out, lmao.

B1Ril1E.jpg

This exactly, now the nights look like 8 AM

2016-02-20_685624350.jpg

Posted

Sorry, but I like to see where I'm going at night rather than figure out if I'm staring at an ogre or a tree.

If I wanted everything to be pitch black, I'll just close my eyes.

That's what you have a lantern for. During CBT2 you actually needed one or you wouldn't see your enemy. Now you can throw them away.

Now you can turn down brightness, gamma, and get PKed all the time, because you're the only idiot using lanterns during clear, bright nights.

This exactly, now the nights look like 8 AM

2016-02-20_685624350.jpg

Yup.

This is pic from 1am:

2016-03-02_605122344_zpsitmusd7o.png

This is pic from almost 6am:

2016-03-02_606623201_zpsmqkitfyt.png

You can see the same amount of details in front and in the background, just in a different lighting.

Posted

That's what you have a lantern for. During CBT2 you actually needed one or you wouldn't see your enemy. Now you can throw them away.

Now you can turn down brightness, gamma, and get PKed all the time, because you're the only idiot using lanterns during clear, bright nights.

I understand your gripe, I'm not against the thought entirely.

I'm simply expressing what works for me, and that I'm cool with this change (because I personally hate wearing a lantern). Perhaps down the road, the GMs will re-correct the night sky. After all, we are still in the launch period.

Posted

I understand your gripe, I'm not against the thought entirely.

I'm simply expressing what works for me, and that I'm cool with this change (because I personally hate wearing a lantern). Perhaps down the road, the GMs will re-correct the night sky. After all, we are still in the launch period.

I hope so! It just really confused me when they announced in Dev Diaries 3 that nights are going to be pitch black, like they're going to make them even darker, but instead they made them really bright compared to what was before. :/

Posted

it's all about the gamma setup of your monitor they could make it darker and people could crank up the gamma as easy as you can crank ur down

since they cannot make everybody happy at the same time you need to move ur fat finger toward the gamma option and pick the one u like

why people is so -----ing spoiled lately? Probably the same people that buy monitor with super high brightness and then raise it even more and then complain the night is bright

honestly i weep for human kind every time i read something this stupid there is a way to fix it if there is a way for yourself to fix your problem don't go to the devs and ask them to fix it for you the option IS ALREADY THERE

Posted

it's all about the gamma setup of your monitor they could make it darker and people could crank up the gamma as easy as you can crank ur down

since they cannot make everybody happy at the same time you need to move ur fat finger toward the gamma option and pick the one u like

why people is so -----ing spoiled lately? Probably the same people that buy monitor with super high brightness and then raise it even more and then complain the night is bright

honestly i weep for human kind every time i read something this stupid there is a way to fix it if there is a way for yourself to fix your problem don't go to the devs and ask them to fix it for you the option IS ALREADY THERE

It's not about your own gamma, it's about what was during CBT2, what was promised after CBT2, and what they ended up doing. Explain to me how my monitor changed over the week that during CBT2 I didn't see anything at night and now I see just as much as I do during the day? ¬¬

Playing around with settings would work if it wasn't OPEN WORLD PVP game. Gl surviving over-night grind as the only idiot walking at night with a lantern on, when you don't see anyone few feet away from you but everyone sees your character as far as they "view distance" renders even without the lantern.

Before nights actually added to the challenge. Now it's just a special visual effect.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

it is about the gamma i am sorry if u have no clue how screen works

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction

GammaCorrection_demo.jpg

and that's why i weep for humanity.

(and u can correct it from inside the game as well as directly on ur screen so even if you pvp and you lock the gamma of the game people could always regulate the gamma of their own screen and fix it as bright as day)

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

I really hope they fix it too.  I live in the middle of a city and it's darker than that outside during the night than it is currently in the game.

Posted

Omfg, Dev or Bel or someone PLEASE LOOK AT THESE THREADS.

Its like the sun gets stuck or some bs and it just keeps the same amount of brightness all the way from x hour - x hours. Its BS, one of the main reasons I loved the game is due to a non-shit day/night cycle. That seems to have been glitched or w/e from cbt2 to launch. Even in the launch patch notes it is pitch black, what is this.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do the in game color filters affect the night brightness? I have mine set to none. You could fool around with different filters and mess with your monitor settings maybe you can get a combo that works for day and night.

Posted (edited)

Do the in game color filters affect the night brightness? I have mine set to none. You could fool around with different filters and mess with your monitor settings maybe you can get a combo that works for day and night.

Or they could just change it back to how it was in cbt and cbt2 and not make us jump through a ton of hoops just to get a real night time. ;p

Edited by Flylow
2 people like this

Posted

Seems to depend on area, some areas I get really dark nights and some are brighter, like in Velia.

Posted

/bump

Posted

I agree with the OP. Totally dark nights adds a completely different experience as well as a new dimension of game play. I for one would love being ambushed in total darkness just for the adrenaline rush. It's boring if I see some guy hiding in a bush from 2 miles away.

Posted

They're not dark at all, not compared to CBT2. I can see all enemies, all bushes, all buildings and all players. During CBT2 without lantern you'd almost nothing, now you don't need lanterns at all. Pretty sure nights weren't dark in CBT2 only because of thunderstorms, as I play whole CBT2, 18th-22nd. Not all nights had thunderstorms, but all were very dark.

It was one of the first things I immediately noticed and you're right about not needing lanterns at all anymore. I much prefer the nights from CBT2 and it still gets bright way too early. it makes the days seem much longer than nights.

Posted

I guess whiners got together and convinced the devs to change one of the best lighting condition i ever seen in a game...

People will just complain about every single little aspect of the game until it look entirely different... and will complain some more...

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 for a return to the darker nights of CBT2. So much of the immersion and atmosphere is gone. I have had two lanterns since launch, both of which expired unused. PLEASE bring back the darker nights!

(And no, it's not my gamma because I didn't change my gamma settings between CBT2 and launch -- something definitely changed.)

cc @CM_Jouska

2 people like this

Posted

Make nights dark again and disable gamma slider at night cycle so PKers cant crank it all the way up to see people and "cheat".

Pitch black nights was one of the reason i bought the game .

Posted

Seems to be less about people knowing how gamma works (but hey people are going to be patronizing regardless), more about turning darkness into an actual game mechanic that you have to plan around and adapt to.

Posted

You're a delusional moron, nothing more.  It's time for you to call your doctor and have him check your meds. 

Who shit in your cereal?

Posted

^ fuking stupid post. You know i want my real life nights to be darker so im just going to squint and avoid all lights. Also, part of the experience of dark nights is everyone is experiencing it at the same time. I can see PvPers taking advantage of this and i dont blame them as the fools that take your advice on gamma now see night differently than PvPers who just want to kill ... And may i say now without the need of a lantern

it is about the gamma i am sorry if u have no clue how screen works

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction

GammaCorrection_demo.jpg

and that's why i weep for humanity.

(and u can correct it from inside the game as well as directly on ur screen so even if you pvp and you lock the gamma of the game people could always regulate the gamma of their own screen and fix it as bright as day)

another poor soul that doesnt get it. Shall we fetch the hand puppets to help explain? You too deserve a nut punch

Posted

Been playing 2nd day now, all nights are super bright. .-. Only difference between cloudy day and night now is the moon.

2016-03-01_519620158_zpscvffg0jf.png

Wut why do your nights look so bright?
My nights are dark af I cant see shit. I'd much rather have your dark tbh.