• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Make the nights darker like they were during CBT2

100 posts in this topic

Posted

Was actually wondering about this myself. They even announced it as a cool roleplay feature and everything. I figured they just haven't implemented it yet. I really don't think it's been canned... Or if it has they never mentioned it. I still think it's a very sweet feature. Or perhaps a way to make it be available in the options. 

Posted

All of you guys are sheltered city fokes?

Ever hear of the term Moonlight? -coughdarksouls-

If you're out in the desert with no lights what so ever during the dark, guess what, the stars and moon will shine some light for you. The world isn't pitch darkness at night.  it would only be like that if the tree's and buildings covered the sky enough to not let any moonlight shine through.

So unless this world has no stars or moon,only then will it be as dark as it was in CBT2

Still tho, some screenshots look really bright, someone needs to unlock all colors and adjust some settings. 

Been playing 2nd day now, all nights are super bright. .-. Only difference between cloudy day and night now is the moon.

2016-03-01_519620158_zpscvffg0jf.png

I think you got some settings to adjust hehe 

Posted

Who shit in your cereal?

it was me. I really had to go and figured thats what this fool only ate

Posted

Wut why do your nights look so bright?My nights are dark af I cant see shit. I'd much rather have your dark tbh.

No clue, I have default settings. All I changed was filter from Vibrant to None because everything looked too colorful.

Someone send me your default settings night if mine is brighter than yours xD

Posted

Wut why do your nights look so bright?My nights are dark af I cant see shit. I'd much rather have your dark tbh.

yeah mine are dark as shit. I want these other ones too lol

Posted

I personally think the lighting is absolutely perfect. During CBT2 I had a terrible lighting issue that was blinding and made the game look absolutely terrible, thank god it's fixed now.

Posted

FIX THE NIGHT!

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally think the lighting is absolutely perfect. During CBT2 I had a terrible lighting issue that was blinding and made the game look absolutely terrible, thank god it's fixed now.

this is not foxed this is what we normal folk call broked. The lanterns are your answer for when its too dark (thats why they are in the game and thats why they are now useless)

now i say this still wishing that the Daumers would say one way or another, but im hoping that they just enabled a moon cycle system that they had paused in CBT and that in about 5-10 days we shall see the nights getting darker

Posted

For people saying just to adjust Gamma, that won't work anyway. Gamma will also affect the brightness of the lantern... and the brightness of the day.

Posted

I want the darker nights aswell, awesome for immersion as long as you have a lantern!

Posted

All of you guys are sheltered city fokes?

Ever hear of the term Moonlight? -coughdarksouls-

Nah bruh.

Tell me of these country folk moonbeam bathing rituals that you indulge in daily.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nah bruh.

Tell me of these country folk moonbeam bathing rituals that you indulge in daily.

Lol +1

Posted

So. When is it ok for the sun to be up (not just coming up ... But up) a little past 3am?  Servers set to alaskan nights or something?  Just logged off as the sun was out little after 3am  the night barely got dark

no longer thinking this is a moon cycle feature. Starting to think something just isnt right

Posted

Nah bruh.

Sigh, if you live in a city, chances are that you can't see many stars and that is because of the street lights n stuff are "Light Polluting" that makes it hard to see stars. 

Pretty sure there is nothing in this MMO's world that would cause any Light Pollution. Which would lead to you seeing stars and the moon clearer. Which in return gives some light at night and won't be pitch black unless you're under stuff that is causing nighttime "shade" 

Wasn't trying to sound know-it-all ish. Just joking around. :( 

Posted

/bump

Posted

Would be nice. I got lost in cbt since the lantern expired and it was amazing :/

Posted

+1

even with gama -35% nights still look like cloudy day and moon rise is always quite fast. This makes night experience to be somewhere around looking at the clock.

Posted

I didn't play in beta, but so far in headstart, I haven't needed my lantern, except in my house, lol. Nights seem pretty bright.

Posted (edited)

Would be nice. I got lost in cbt since the lantern expired and it was amazing :/

Yes I thought so too but I guess that Black Desert must be more attractive towards the WoW crowd. ¬¬

Edited by Ronald Reagan

Posted

Dark nights added a whole new element to the game that is truly amazing. They also added a great thing for pvp :D 

Posted (edited)

Dark nights added a whole new element to the game that is truly amazing. They also added a great thing for pvp :D 

Yup they sure did. xD

Edited by Ronald Reagan

Posted

I thought the dark nights feature was really cool, sad they took it away. 

Posted

Yes Mr Reagan you are spot on. You don't need lanterns now.

Posted

Yes Mr Reagan you are spot on. You don't need lanterns now.

Yeah because it never gets really dark at night now.

Posted

I am really loving this game but I do miss the nights getting really dark.....  please fix this problem or bug or whatever it is please!

thankies!