• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Make the nights darker like they were during CBT2

100 posts in this topic

Posted

Also want to see that back. They were supposed to be in again but im not seeing it.

Posted

I'm sorry you people are either trolling or only concerned with pvp. Nights were so dark without a lantern that it was almost like being in an unlit room. You could barely see where you were even going. There was nothing fun or pleasant about that.

Just because you somehow found that "entertaining" doesn't mean the majority would. In fact it was the most complained about thing from the beta you all keep referencing. Everyone hated it, especially when it rained at night. You couldn't see 2 feet in front of you.

You all have the option of turning your gamma down and keeping it down to get your terribly dark nights. You don't need to force it on the rest of us. The fact that you want to so badly really leads me to believe that this is merely a pvp ganking request.

Posted

I'm sorry you people are either trolling or only concerned with pvp. Nights were so dark without a lantern that it was almost like being in an unlit room. You could barely see where you were even going. There was nothing fun or pleasant about that.

Just because you somehow found that "entertaining" doesn't mean the majority would. In fact it was the most complained about thing from the beta you all keep referencing. Everyone hated it, especially when it rained at night. You couldn't see 2 feet in front of you.

You all have the option of turning your gamma down and keeping it down to get your terribly dark nights. You don't need to force it on the rest of us. The fact that you want to so badly really leads me to believe that this is merely a pvp ganking request.

this is completely idiotic. How about we turn your gamma down sir/ma'am?  You think this is only PvPers and you think that the dark nights were the most complained about item?  Where are your stats to back that up?  Or as others have stated within other postings is this another "tale from the ass" report?

what is concrete is the number of different postings on "bring back nights" with many replies to each in favor as you can add up yourself. Where are the many postings and polls about "making nights brighter?"

thanks now go away

Posted

Too bad it seems like the vocal majority does find the shitty light nights terrible. Go away.

2 people like this

Posted

this is completely idiotic. How about we turn your gamma down sir/ma'am?  You think this is only PvPers and you think that the dark nights were the most complained about item?  Where are your stats to back that up?  Or as others have stated within other postings is this another "tale from the ass" report?

what is concrete is the number of different postings on "bring back nights" with many replies to each in favor as you can add up yourself. Where are the many postings and polls about "making nights brighter?"

thanks now go away

Too bad it seems like the vocal majority does find the shitty light nights terrible. Go away.

Rage all you like it's not changing.

Posted (edited)

edit

Clearly you don't understand what rage means or how to have a civil conversation. You really shouldn't be this defensive about it.

Regardless they're not going to make it any darker so I still win. :)

Edited by CM_Praballo
edited to stay in line with other moderation

Posted (edited)

edit

Too bad the light change was obviously a glitch, even in their patch notes it was darker. Rage more.

Edited by CM_Praballo
edited to stay in line with other moderation
1 person likes this

Posted

Last sunday i had my first night and it was very very datk, couldnt see scrap.

last night, night fell again and it seemed to never get dark at all, it went to 11pm and seemed to never get darker from there, the lantern if anything provided no use and only was a hinder.

a bit of a shame, i loved that nights where mega dark and i stumbled about, im not a fan of pvp but it would be amazing if nights where incredibly dark again. 

Posted (edited)

^ fuking stupid post. You know i want my real life nights to be darker so im just going to squint and avoid all lights. Also, part of the experience of dark nights is everyone is experiencing it at the same time. I can see PvPers taking advantage of this and i dont blame them as the fools that take your advice on gamma now see night differently than PvPers who just want to kill ... And may i say now without the need of a lantern

another poor soul that doesnt get it. Shall we fetch the hand puppets to help explain? You too deserve a nut punch

another idiot that don't get every screen is different and everyone can set the gamme as they please so it cannot be a game mechanics because u can make it as dark as u want but people can cheat turning gamma up 

my screen is way darker then what people is showing on here as well as i am seeing the picture u post on my screen so they will look anyway different then what u see there is no way around the 10000000 of possible setup of all people in the world of their screen let alone all the brands and the type of luminosity of different models

but i will keep weeping about humanity and these idiots. 

you want the night dark

TURN DOWN UR GAMMA

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

I'm not sure about you guys, but my nights are the same as CBT2? :o

They were darker in CBT1.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bump

Posted

Clearly you don't understand what rage means or how to have a civil conversation. You really shouldn't be this defensive about it.

Regardless they're not going to make it any darker so I still win. :)

whoa you definitely seem mad. No one puts baby in the corner or else she reports your post. Im honored. 

Tell you what you still seem mad, uncle apple will make it better

how about i make a toon called patrick swayze and you can chase me around for 30 minutes. Then at the end we can do that one trick in which he catches a whale in the air at the end of the movie

another idiot that don't get every screen is different and everyone can set the gamme as they please so it cannot be a game mechanics because u can make it as dark as u want but people can cheat turning gamma up 

my screen is way darker then what people is showing on here as well as i am seeing the picture u post on my screen so they will look anyway different then what u see there is no way around the 10000000 of possible setup of all people in the world of their screen let alone all the brands and the type of luminosity of different models

but i will keep weeping about humanity and these idiots. 

you want the night dark

TURN DOWN UR GAMMA

logicz no easy 4 u. I sorry:(

Posted

Too bad the light change was obviously a glitch, even in their patch notes it was darker. Rage more.

There's no rage here and no glitch in game. There's this thing called gamma that you don't seem to understand. There's one for your monitor, graphics card, and the game itself. Everyone will be seeing something different no matter what. Derp.

Posted

/bump

Posted

I was about to 'like' the OP's post, because "dark & stormy" was an amazing time in the game which I haven't seen since beta... BUT I have recently been rolling around without a lantern equipped (even at night) and have found that I was losing out on a lot of beautiful effects which were being drowned out by the intense localized light from the lantern.

"Haniel," you might say "just unequip it when its not too dark!"  But since the lantern timer continues to burn down even in your inventory (and takes up a slot), no one really bothers to do this (as evidence just think back to CBT before <disable others' lanterns> was on by default.  What we need is a better incorporation of the lantern effects! Keep the range the same (or larger) but lower the intensity. A button in the equip window to turn it on/off, much like the 'show cosmetic' option, would also be a huge step in the right direction.  

Posted

I played Ark and when it was night u had to use a torch or flashlight. Nights in BDO is a joke it's not night. But realistic nights you have too many people complaining so why most likely it's a darker version of day time.

Posted

Supported. I miss the really dark nights, it added a wonderful sense of realism and without them, lanterns are really not needed at all.

I've turned my gamma down and that helps a bit, but I'd still love to see darker nights.

1 person likes this

Posted

Supported. I miss the really dark nights, it added a wonderful sense of realism and without them, lanterns are really not needed at all.

I've turned my gamma down and that helps a bit, but I'd still love to see darker nights.

Thanks for your support. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

They definitely did change the nights and I hate it. The dark night was one of the best parts of the game for me. Everyone says "oh the game is supposed to be realistic. blah blah blah" when people complain about not being able to see numbers when you attack, but the night time is bright as a cloudy day? It makes no sense. The nights were one of the most unique things in the game, and now they're gone..

MAKE THE NIGHTS DARK AGAIN PLEASE.

1 person likes this

Posted

BUMP!

Posted

*shameless plug*

1 person likes this

Posted

*shameless plug*

But it's so obviously brighter to a point that the lantern is useless.

Posted

*shameless plug*

Yes the brighter nights might be a bug and hopefully it will be fixed.

Posted

i screwed over my grafic card settings so hard, i can barely see a difference between night and day :(

well i've done stuff like that for years, so i cant handle the scary dark stuff

Posted

i screwed over my grafic card settings so hard, i can barely see a difference between night and day :(

well i've done stuff like that for years, so i cant handle the scary dark stuff

Really? :P