• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Parking zones

23 posts in this topic

Posted

So wherever I go I see dozens of horses littering areas around NPCs. Especially ones that run warehouses. They just stand around vendors, block LoS, etc. Given how much effort it took to create such an immersive world, its silly to lose that feeling by horse parked on the roof or right on top of an NPC.

So I suggest creating parking zones around the cities.

A) make horses that stand in one place for longer then one minute to teleport to that zone and/or

B) give players incentive to leave horses in specific area, by giving horses small bonus to speed.

It appears to be a simple solution, so... please make it happen? :)

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

I like your idea! It would be nice to leave them in a small pen next to a city or tie them up close to the stables

Edited by GrimCamel
2 people like this

Posted

Both excellent ideas, a parking area that heals Hp/Stamina would be awesome, instead of hauling 80 carrots wherever i go. Plus sometimes its hard to tell how close you are to the trade manager sometimes with 30 wagons sitting in your face. 

2 people like this

Posted

Both excellent ideas, a parking area that heals Hp/Stamina would be awesome, instead of hauling 80 carrots wherever i go. Plus sometimes its hard to tell how close you are to the trade manager sometimes with 30 wagons sitting in your face. 

Yes also a good suggestion! That is enough reason for players to want to place their mount in such areas

Posted

I would adore this.  Far too often are the cities just littered with horses and wagons making it just impossible to see vendors or friends.  Would love this.  Maybe even a horse parking lot on some of the more expensive houses.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 Yes!

Posted

Excellent idea! It gets so frustrating having a stack of 20 horses at major npcs , or having to spend 5 minutes trying to work out where your horse is when there are a dozen identical ones nearby.

Usually takes me a minute or two of going horse to horse to horse until the mount UI shows up

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 to this indeed incentive enough just recover stamina is enough...

Posted

+1 sounds good to me, where can I sign :)

Posted

Excellent idea make a pole on this idea see if they will check it out after they fix what they need to fix first!

Posted

+1

Posted

So wherever I go I see dozens of horses littering areas around NPCs. Especially ones that run warehouses. They just stand around vendors, block LoS, etc. Given how much effort it took to create such an immersive world, its silly to lose that feeling by horse parked on the roof or right on top of an NPC.

So I suggest creating parking zones around the cities.

A) make horses that stand in one place for longer then one minute to teleport to that zone and/or

B) give players incentive to leave horses in specific area, by giving horses small bonus to speed.

It appears to be a simple solution, so... please make it happen? :)

This is a good idea. I hate arriving at the water to see a couple hundred people plus all the animals they bring. Maybe fisherman specifically need a zone to park the horses in the city near the popular spots for now as it does cause a heavy graphics load and not everyone has the best of computers to handle 300-500 objects loading just because they want to fish and arrive quickly.

I do not agree giving them any incentive to park horses at certain places in cities other than THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PARK THEM WHEREVER.

So I do want cities to have designated parking once you guys can get to it in order to clear up the clutter. Storage NPC's are a perfect example of the problem that is going to come soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

I posted a thread earlier about the clusterf*** horses around traders too. It would be good for stables to be at the entrances to cities where you can stash your cart/ horse and it would recharge its stamina, and you will be able to sell the contents of the cart to the trader even though the cart is in the stable.

1 person likes this

Posted

This has to be done. But aren't they going to be full as hell ? 

Posted

I like the idea, but also an option to turn off the visibility for parked mounts and wagons/boats would be prefect.

Posted

Another solution is to increase range in which horse can interact in npc, this will stop peoples from placing their horses insane close to npc.

Posted

Could give people incentive to park their horse in the stable when they are in the city.

Perhaps prevent horses from being able to be "parked" or enter "parked" status unless within certain areas. If the horse sits to long idle in a safe zone while not parked, they begin to wonder randomly within the safe zone. We have an icon on the map to show us where they are, and as long as they remain in the safe zone, they can't be harmed.

Personally if I'm just running around the city/town, I park my horse in the stable where it belongs. I don't ride my horse every where. A bit of etiquette. I pull my horse out when I'm going to travel to a distant far or another city/town. There is already a down side to riding everywhere, you don't gain any stamina if you ride everywhere.

I think the parking area where items from the warehouse or trader can load onto your mount/wagon should be increased. If needed, give them a couple of workers that haul the items from the trader to the wagon and load it up if its to far for the trader to do it himself. Having to park a horse or wagon almost on-top of the trader to load up makes for a very crowded trader. Same with the warehouse.

1 person likes this

Posted

We need something done about this and better fast.

I can't find my horse.

2016-03-09_105685969_zpslpn49pyb.png

Or myself.

Send help.

Posted

No one is Useing the area where the Arena is, Granted its the Other side of town but still wide open area void of anything atm, or like in Westerns a Place to tie the horse up to avoiding the Main Street.

Posted

We need something done about this and better fast.

I can't find my horse.

2016-03-09_105685969_zpslpn49pyb.png

Or myself.

Send help.

Exactly. Sorry but this is a horrible idea.

Just give players the option to Hide Parking Mounts. Easy.

Posted (edited)

um...

Edited by userOnline

Posted

What about making horses fade away when in a safe zone, so that only the owner can see it when its parked?

Lets say I park my wagon in a safe zone, after 30 seconds the wagon would fade away to everyone else, but I would still be able to see it. When I interact with it again, it would appear to everyone else again.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like your idea! It would be nice to leave them in a small pen next to a city or tie them up close to the stables

This would be very cute and still keep the immersion. However, the game might run into crowding issues again.

+1