• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dye Vendors

73 posts in this topic

Posted

Are there any Dye vendors? I know they have them on the KR version. just have not seen one yet. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Are there any Dye vendors? I know they have them on the KR version. just have not seen one yet. 

They are disabled in our version for some strange reason....

2 people like this

Posted

also dye you get in cash shop is 1 time use.. meaning only 1 part of an armor can be use to dye....

Posted

Ah.. ok :/ yeah i searched and couldn't find any info on it but now i can stop running around lol thanks

Posted

also dye you get in cash shop is 1 time use.. meaning only 1 part of an armor can be use to dye....

Yeah really strange isn't it...

2 people like this

Posted

$$.

But it's possible that they will come into play eventually. Hopefully.

Posted (edited)

Greed, plain and simple.  You can't even remove dye without buying bleach, From the cash shop.

Edited by Rozett
7 people like this

Posted

This is so disappointing :| Please don't do this devs :(

4 people like this

Posted

Any plans to introduce a basic set of craftable/earnable dyes? One or two shades of each colour if you will.

This issue hasn't really been discussed yet because we thought there were already plenty of ways to obtain dyes, such as the marketplace, or events. However, upon receiving and answering this question, we think the dye system deserves some more attention. We are willing to offer basic dyes for players' convenience, but we definitely think the usefulness of those dyes must not compromise the value of the existing dyes. We will discuss this issue internally. Thank you for a good suggestion.

From: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18464-interview-with-the-developers/

Also- dyes on marketplace? I know there's a search bar, but I've never seen any. Can you sell CS dyes on Market?

2 people like this

Posted

Any plans to introduce a basic set of craftable/earnable dyes? One or two shades of each colour if you will.

Hidden Content

From: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18464-interview-with-the-developers/

Also- dyes on marketplace? I know there's a search bar, but I've never seen any. Can you sell CS dyes on Market?

ok thats fine.. but atleast make it permanent.. or atleast let us use 1dye for all the armor pieces lol... its really sad to see this type of system in bdo..  

7 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

If all of the basic dyes are sold via vendors in game then I'd be perfectly happy with that alongside the current method of obtaining rarer dyes.
Glad to see they're looking into it.

2 people like this

Posted

ok thats fine.. but atleast make it permanent.. or atleast let us use 1dye for all the armor pieces lol... its really sad to see this type of system in bdo..  

Yeah, I totally agree. It's cool that I can dye each part of my gloves separately... But I just want gray gloves and it's hard to rng 3 same shades of gray. x-x

2 people like this

Posted

ok thats fine.. but at least make it permanent.. or at least let us use 1 dye for all the armor pieces lol... its really sad to see this type of system in bdo..  

yeah, TBH i would be okay with paying something for dye but the fact that its mostly random means you have to either be lucky or buy a hundred dye boxes if you want to use the same dye multiple times on your equipment,

With most costumes having 8+ areas that you can dye it would be nice to have the dye count remain one use but be able to dye multiple parts on a piece of gear the same color.

Posted

This is so disappointing :| Please don't do this devs :(

Just don't dye your stuff.  Sooner or later Daum will likely give away some dye or other at in-game events. 

If this were a F2P game it would be one thing; devs have to eat, too.  But as it's B2P, I think the cash-shop hijinx are a bit much.  I'm speaking with my wallet.  Lots of games don't give you the ability to dye armor, so it's not that big a deal.  Also, as you level, you outgrow armor anyway, rendering dye purchases useless.  I'm waiting until end game, and when they eventually give away dyes, I'll horde them for end game armor sets.

2 people like this

Posted

People keep saying 'This is a B2P game', but the reality is that we have no localization of systems for a B2P change.

Practically we have the exact same F2P model game with a temporary prevention of Cash Shop items to be sold on AH. But clearly that will be lifted later as it is even worded that way.

So do not treat BDO like a B2P game, think it is a F2P game with upfront payment.

2 people like this

Posted

People keep saying 'This is a B2P game', but the reality is that we have no localization of systems for a B2P change.

Practically we have the exact same F2P model game with a temporary prevention of Cash Shop items to be sold on AH. But clearly that will be lifted later as it is even worded that way.

So do not treat BDO like a B2P game, think it is a F2P game with upfront payment.

Yeah, that's true. :/ They even have Dyes are a search function on the market, but it doesn't look like you can sell dyes there. And they even said you can obtain dyes on market in the interview!

Posted

Hidden Content

AHAHA From the marketplace you said? HAAHAHA, NOBODY CAN PUT DYES ON THE MARKETPLACE. All they stated is "we want more money!"

Considering this is a buy2player, everyone would think stuff like dyes would be majorly easily accessible to the BUY2PLAY community, but nope. Not only did you have to pay 30$ to play the game, you also have to drop a few dollars to dye a few pieces of your clothing, rendering customization at early levels extremely useless. Systems rig to the point that more likely their income from dye is gonna be almost not there. Simply because everyones only gonna dye one set of outfit (majority of population), and thats it. Specially if they make it that you buy the dyes and its 1 time use, AND THATS IF people want to customize their outfit, when you make dyes; a substance that is required ALOT to make proper customization for EVERYTHING PLAYER RELATED, and shove it behind a paywall I extremly highly doubt its gonna be successful.

The biggest problem is the whole games cash shop is oriented towards the FREE 2 PLAY system of the other system (WHICH THIS ISNT).  

58491481.jpg

If the Mods ever read this, I got the perfect suggestion. Open the dye merchant and have him sell random (and remove perfect colors on random) dyes. Then cash shop the perfect colors, and im pretty sure people would be more incline to buy the dyes from the cash shop because theyll waste silver on trying to find the perfect color and give up and buy the cash shop dyes (THAT ISSNT INSIDE AN RNG BOX).

5 people like this

Posted

If the Mods ever read this, I got the perfect suggestion. Open the dye merchant and have him sell random (and remove perfect colors on random) dyes. Then cash shop the perfect colors, and im pretty sure people would be more incline to buy the dyes from the cash shop because theyll waste silver on trying to find the perfect color and give up and buy the cash shop dyes (THAT ISSNT INSIDE AN RNG BOX).

This is actually a very good idea. o: I know I would be like "Eff this, I'll just pay" if I failed to get the dye I want too many times. xD  And then there'd also be use of the Dye section on the market, which is the game for some weird reason, even though you can't sell dyes. ¬¬ Did no one tell Daum you can't put dyes on the market before they done the interview?

1 person likes this

Posted

One time use? That's just unacceptable.

And random? Look, Daum, the people that care about the color of their gear care about the color! How can one be expected to build a workable palette when the choices are random? And given that a lot of people can't see the difference between 234,143,78 and 235,143,78, then they're going to get a lot of duplicates, and the rest of us are going to get a lot of unacceptable matches. I tried the Random boxes on GW2's marketplace, and they were silly. You'd get 2 or 3 usable colors out of 7, and the more boxes you bought, the greater the odds of unusable, nearly duplicate, colors.

So, yeh, selling random colors is unacceptable, as well.

Does anyone know if the colors 'add', or do they 'multiply'?  (Sorry, PhotoShop terms)

2 people like this

Posted

Just add basic dye to vendors only and keep the other dye tabs as premium purchases.

Also they need to take the Dye subscription and make it a one-time purchase for $30, people will throw down $30 vs spending hundreds on RNG dye boxes.

3 people like this

Posted

This is actually a very good idea. o: I know I would be like "Eff this, I'll just pay" if I failed to get the dye I want too many times. xD  And then there'd also be use of the Dye section on the market, which is the game for some weird reason, even though you can't sell dyes. ¬¬ Did no one tell Daum you can't put dyes on the market before they done the interview?

People wont be frustrated with the system we have right now, heck after buying 1-3 dye packs and get the same color of different shade, people will just quit. Its almost guaranteed that people will just ignore the cash item because not only are they using real money to buy the RNG dye box, but its also 1 time use AND they arent getting want. Theres ALOT of colors...  5/10 of my given dyes were extremely bright colors and the other 5 are shades of brown, wtf? 

2 people like this

Posted

Off white and brows seem to be the only Dyes in game atm.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its ridiculous and needs to fixed asap. Imagine the frustration of trying to match the trim on your gloves to the rest of your armor when you have a random chance of getting the dye you want, and its a one shot use. Nope.

3 people like this

Posted

Totally agree, something similar to GuildWars 2 system of dyes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I prefer our current system to a pay by month system.