• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do you lose exp dying from pvp?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't get it. I understand losing from mobs but ive just lost 2% from pk which takes forever to get at 50.

Posted

Its a pvp game...dont die

1 person likes this

Posted

I was under the impression you didn't lose any if you were the victim in the attack, but lost it if you died as the attacker/instigator.

Were you the attacker?

Posted (edited)

I was under the impression you didn't lose any if you were the victim in the attack, but lost it if you died as the attacker/instigator.

Were you the attacker?

Nope i was just grinding and got killed same as all my party. It's just 1 guild too that constantly pks and ive only gotten killed by them, noone else has ever attacked me. Nothing fun about this game at all anymore.

You just get 1 shot by wiz everytime.

Edited by Nueropa

Posted

That's just the way it is! Call it a good reason to get super paranoid, once you hit PvP lvl :P

Posted

Nope i was just grinding and got killed same as all my party. It's just 1 guild too that constantly pks and ive only gotten killed by them, noone else has ever attacked me. Nothing fun about this game at all anymore.

Damn that's really irritating. 
What server and guild name is it if you don't mind me asking, might need to keep a lookout if I'm deciding to try new fishing spots. ^.^

Posted

I know you said you didn't start it. But I wonder if maybe someone in your party accidentally attacked someone else or something like that? Or perhaps they got your HP down low enough and it was actually a mob/monster that did the finishing blow?

It seems a bit harsh for someone who is not instigating a fight outside of a war to lose EXP to a PK.

Posted

Yes, there is nothing enjoyable about working toward not being oneshot by others or joining a guild to fight back

Please don't waste your time with this game, there are others far more suitable and fun where your no-no spots remain no-no spots 

Posted

Kind of a mean way to put it but lol no-no spots

Posted

Another upset carebear OP, soft inside and out, grown up with hand-holding easymode MMOs.

I love it. More of this, please.

Posted

If your sole purpose of playing this game is to level as high as you can, uninstall now; you're not playing this game for the right reasons. It's not a "normal" MMO.

Posted

Another upset carebear OP, soft inside and out, grown up with hand-holding easymode MMOs.

Yeah because getting one shot with no way to defend yourself is soooooooooooooo hardcore innit bro

ayyyy lmao

Posted

Because there has to be some "motivation" to make you stay away from "my" mobs and grinding spot so that I can progress faster. 

Posted

Wasn't it only negative karma people who lose EXP on PvP deaths? 
I could swear i read that somewhere. 

Posted (edited)

You lose 1% exp on a pvp death....its nothing stop complaining carebear 

Edited by Sintax

Posted

I don't get it. I understand losing from mobs but ive just lost 2% from pk which takes forever to get at 50.

lol,

This is a pvp game.

get gud or get got.

And I get 2% by just looking angry at some catfish, its nothing. 

Posted

Yes, there is nothing enjoyable about working toward not being oneshot by others or joining a guild to fight back

Please don't waste your time with this game, there are others far more suitable and fun where your no-no spots remain no-no spots 

Why are you trying to recruit people to leave this game? And why are you wasting time on this games forums if you don't want people to play it? Just leave

Posted

Were you the attacker?

was this not from the proposed new pvp system they want to implement not the current system.

Posted

Just get good kid don't die.

Posted

Kinda the same like it is in Lineage II. Best not to die on higher levels AND always play with a (small) party to avoid death the best as possible.

Posted

You don't even understand what the term Carebear means. next time actually understand that. your ignorance is just hailarious.

Posted

All the people on here who are trying to peg this as a pvp game, note that a 1% exp loss on death actually works against your argument. PvP games are defined by both their combat and how well the game works to create an environment conducive to pvp. A 1% exp loss (especially if you are say, working on level 52) is actually pretty substantial and a pretty significant loss at the later levels. 

Posted

Were you flagged for PVP? 

If you're flagged, it should be considered consensual PVP and you shouldn't lose EXP. 

Posted

You don't even understand what the term Carebear means. next time actually understand that. your ignorance is just hailarious.

Thank you for your valuable input, random guy.

I will carefully consider your words.

Posted

Go play a game where the penalty for a pvp death is the same as any other death.

You have to reroll your character and start from square 1.

Then 2% will seem like nothing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0