• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do you lose exp dying from pvp?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol at people using Carebear as offensive term. -----ing degenerates. 

Posted

Why are you trying to recruit people to leave this game? And why are you wasting time on this games forums if you don't want people to play it? Just leave

Could have sworn my post was brimming with sarcasm, but if it went over your head I will clarify:

Yes, there is nothing enjoyable about working toward not being oneshot by others or joining a guild to fight back
If you do not consider putting in effort to not be one-shot/join a guild to fight back/do anything to help yourself as enjoyable, this is the wrong game for you

Please don't waste your time with this game, there are others far more suitable and fun where your no-no spots remain no-no spots 
There are other games more suited to hand-holding and kumbaya-ing; this game is not one of them. Find another if that is what you are looking for. 

9_9

Posted

Whether or not you agree with XP loss, the issue is that for PvP to be fun/good, you need people to actually do it.

If XP loss stops people from PvPing, then you have less PvP and less PvP leads to PvPers leaving the game and begets even less PvP.

Posted

People will never agree on this topic, it is what it is, same way we all play the game for different reasons. Yes it sucks to be oneshot and lose that 1%, but on the other side it brings a thrill to the Journey, either as hunter or prey. You may find this more upsetting if youre used at more traditional-handholding mmos, but hopefully this will change in this mmorpg.

1 person likes this

Posted

People will never agree on this topic, it is what it is, same way we all play the game for different reasons. Yes it sucks to be oneshot and lose that 1%, but on the other side it brings a thrill to the Journey, either as hunter or prey. You may find this more upsetting if youre used at more traditional-handholding mmos, but hopefully this will change in this mmorpg.

I still think it's a bit harsh for a receiving player to lose EXP if that's what really happened. That said, on a more personal front/in my own opinion I agree with this--- I actually love the idea that I can be mindlessly killing shit before I am randomly ----- slapped because I wandered into someone's grinding backyard.

It will keep me on my toes and stop the grinding from being too monotonous. 

Posted

Thank you for your valuable input, random guy.

I will carefully consider your words.

Sick and tired of morons like yourself throwing around the term care bear, and yet you have zero idea what it actually means. 

if you don't understand what it means they you should shut the ----- up.

Posted

Sick and tired of morons like yourself throwing around the term care bear, and yet you have zero idea what it actually means. 

if you don't understand what it means they you should shut the ----- up.

I might throw the same hollow accusations at you.

But I don't argue with random nobodies.

Bye.

Posted

Another upset carebear OP, soft inside and out, grown up with hand-holding easymode MMOs.

I love it. More of this, please.

IRL this kid gets bullied.

Posted

The overly offensive (through their anonymous and safe, internet connection, ofc) saltytearL2Ppkdiecarebear players rarely stay in a game and those that do (often the ones with actual coordination and muscle-memory abilities) usually gravitate to more of a challenge than one-shotting unsuspecting pve players intent on fishing with a rod equipped while relaxing to a snort of absinthe, of an evening. The bulk of these vocal losers go elsewhere as they always crave bright lights, new shiny beads and mirrors perfectly positioned so they can see right up their own backsides through the empty tubing to the vacant cavern of their shrunken skull.

Mashing keys to control pixels is as far from PvP as I know. When I had more time and opportunity, I used to joust if I wanted to pit myself against another human for challenging PvP fun. In actual armour with an actual lance and shield and on an actual horse. As a teen, I kendo'd. These days, I paintball most weekends. The online-forum tough-talking MMO l33t type wouldn't last a minute before they got soaked in neon pink paint and started crying true salty tears, face to face with the actual, real player than just pwned them in a fair and equal fight... but if they ever truly wanted some PvP challenge, that's where I'd encourage them to go and not to sit clutching a controller, bashing out a couple of virtual 'skillz' while screaming 'look ma, top of the world.'

This game has limited PVP gameplay for such losers. They'll lose interest and move on. BDO's emphasis lies more with the fishing/absinthe player :-)

2 people like this

Posted

No it is intended like this:

PvP: Victim dies? lose 1% exp.

PvP: Attacker dies? lose 1%xp

chance to drop item.

Posted

You guys haven't played Runescape it seems...

Posted

I might throw the same hollow accusations at you.

But I don't argue with random nobodies.

Bye.

congrats on running away. then again you are a carebear so it's to be expected......

Posted

I don't get it. I understand losing from mobs but ive just lost 2% from pk which takes forever to get at 50.

You lose 1% exp per death unless you are negative karma then it's 2% I think.

It's punishment for death as simple as it is.

Don't die and play better.

Posted

Another upset carebear OP, soft inside and out, grown up with hand-holding easymode MMOs.

I love it. More of this, please.

Getting ganked with no chance does not make one a carebear. It's players that enjoy ganking - you know the ones I'm talking about - they want all the advantage on their side & are afraid of a fair fight, that give honest pvp a bad name. At least there's the karma system.

Reminds me of a stream I was watching the other night. A level 45 guy got ganked by a level 50 guild when he first got to catfish. He revived & attacked their carts. It was so funny. I don't know how it played out but I would have paid to see the look on their face when they found out their carts were destroyed.  Now that's a proper way to retaliate. 

2 people like this

Posted

Getting ganked with no chance does not make one a carebear. It's players that enjoy ganking - you know the ones I'm talking about - they want all the advantage on their side & are afraid of a fair fight, that give honest pvp a bad name. At least there's the karma system.

Reminds me of a stream I was watching the other night. A level 45 guy got ganked by a level 50 guild when he first got to catfish. He revived & attacked their carts. It was so funny. I don't know how it played out but I would have paid to see the look on their face when they found out their carts were destroyed.  Now that's a proper way to retaliate.

They tried to gank me a few times, with nu success cuz they tought i'm a weak DP'd newbie. They started running to the river as soon as I started nailing them. 

Posted

YES YES AND MORE YES

Negative Karma makes more sense

1% isnt bad unless youre playing Ragnarok Online at level 98 where 1% per death is 1 million exp

Also my horse fell off the docks and died.... -15k but do you see me really caring?

tl;dr prepare to get griefed if you dont know how to build yourself

526390072-image.jpg

Posted

YES YES AND MORE YES

Negative Karma makes more sense

1% isnt bad unless youre playing Ragnarok Online at level 98 where 1% per death is 1 million exp

Also my horse fell off the docks and died.... -15k but do you see me really caring?

tl;dr prepare to get griefed if you dont know how to build yourself

526390072-image.jpg

My horse fell in the river too, but i used my  horse whistle to save him from drowning, sorry for your loss!

1 person likes this

Posted

A few of us are ahead of the curve in our guild which is pushing us to solo the higher end mobs.  In doing so, I've had a lot of attempts at ganking me (people don't like tamers, we pull a lot of mobs lol).

Majority will wait till I have a large pull, or they outnumber me.  It is what it is, completely fine with it.  I'll fight or flight depending on the situation, yadda yadda.  So here's my point and where I think a problem is for many of the people that will complain about getting ganked.  Their perspective is off and their following guides online.  No where does it say you you are REQUIRED to farm Catfish for example.  It's solid drops, good money, high volume, so of course it'll be contested.  Bring a group, bring your guild.  If you can't bring a group or your guild, why would you think you have ownership of that spot?  Expect to defend it if another group rolls in, they got 5 people to feed.  I was in an area that an entire group could profit off of, and I was taking nearly half of it.  It was no surprise when they eventually tried to wreck me.

All these guides out there tell you where to farm for the "best" xp/loot, but those aren't the ONLY places to farm, not even close.  I spent most of yesterday exploring the 50+ area's, there's tons of remote spots where you can chill out, get loot, get xp, solo.  A no contested, remote area, tends to yield better xp/drops rather than fighting over a small pool of mobs.  You're also less likely to run into a group of players since there's not really an "area" to defend and hold.

tldr, go explore, there's a ridiculous amount of areas at all level ranges to gain XP once you're pvp enabled.

No it is intended like this:

PvP: Victim dies? lose 1% exp.

PvP: Attacker dies? lose 1%xp

chance to drop item.

I don't believe there's item drop, just high chance of crystal breaking + xp loss.  I haven't died in pvp yet, but I have done some stupid shit to die in pve and the penalties are the same (not counting Karma).

Posted

This actually brings thrill to the game. There will be/there are "hero" guilds that will gladly take over your fight if you call for aid. In the end if they succeed they can get loot from pking the offenders.

love it.

Posted

If you flagged yourself you wont lose experience... but of course the person attacking you wont lose karma too. 

Posted

My horse fell in the river too, but i used my  horse whistle to save him from drowning, sorry for your loss!

sadly he just tossed me off and gave me eyes and said, "Whats in your wallet? Nothing ya bloke you owe me 15k"

but then i traded and it was k.

1283572540107.jpg

Posted

If you flagged yourself you wont lose experience... but of course the person attacking you wont lose karma too. 

Where did you read this?  I recall reading Karma still happens, as well as XP loss, even if you flag back.  The attacker gets the Karma.  

Posted

looks like this game is heading toward turning into Archeage 2

This actually brings thrill to the game. There will be/there are "hero" guilds that will gladly take over your fight if you call for aid. In the end if they succeed they can get loot from pking the offenders.

love it.

oh yes getting one shot killed, brings so much thrill.  if you were into hardcore bondage probably would .9_9

Posted

looks like this game is heading toward turning into Archeage 2

oh yes getting one shot killed, brings so much thrill.  if you were into hardcore bondage probably would .9_9

have you played sandbox games before? Serious question.

Of course there will be people that will one shot you, that adds danger to actually go out and grind. Anything can happen, maybe you should organize grinding groups with your guild to protect each other while hunting. Or maybe you are just not well geared as this game is very gear dependent.

This PvP isn't any different from any other open world PvP game out there in the market.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0