• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How did you spend your headstart?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Now that the game will launch for everyone in a few hours I'm curious about how the people who preordered spent their headstart.

Did you power level? focused on trading/making money? goofed around like me and didn't accomplish much?

gl to the people who had to wait till launch to play, I'm sure you will forget all about your irritations for having to wait after you try this amazing game <3

2016-02-29_32974502.thumb.JPG.d7dcb9f31c

2016-03-01_33216426.thumb.JPG.64b9c9fcc7

2016-03-02_100779241.thumb.JPG.a984ff6ad

3 people like this

Posted

Got to 50, now I gotta do everything else I skipped on heh

Posted (edited)

I spent mine working out all of the 'different' features of the game, such as workers, nodes and some of the professions, alongside a little levelling.

I'm currently level 40 and spend most of my time fishing / afk-fishing :D

So I kinda levelled, kinda made money, kinda goofed around? 

Edited by Foxie

Posted

Tried to do everything at once without really knowing the game, then tried to power level a while, enjoyed loads of it whatever it was I was doing! :) It's been fun but my progress is shocking for in game time! haha! I wish I had put all my eggs in one basket now and just grinded for fun, although it may have been less fun doing that who knows, now I'm learning more of the game before I go for another level up! :) Something like that anyway!

Posted

Leveled to 14, mainly spent my time exploring and fishing.

Posted

Like Foxie then, just less successful :)

Posted

Did lots of quests and leveled up a little. 

Posted

I spent mine working out all of the 'different' features of the game, such as workers, nodes and some of the professions, alongside a little levelling.

I'm currently level 40 and spend most of my time fishing / afk-fishing :D

So I kinda levelled, kinda made money, kinda goofed around? 

Are you going for 99 fishing level?  file.php?avatar=7279_1423602648.png

Posted

Oh the upgrading system etc had me hooked for a while I have some nice +5 gear, I made my first +5 top at like level 27, Enjoyed that to and adding crystals, I've just worked out it's casting speed not attack speed on my char though, luckily the armour grants both, but I wasted crystals.

Posted

My headstart progress:
- Lv51
- Necklace of Good Deeds
- PRI: Bares Ring
- Ring of Good Deeds
- Witch's Earring
- Bares Earring
- Yuria Belt
- +15 Yuria Longsword
- +10 Vangertz Shield
- +14 Zereth Helmet
- +7 Zereth Armor
- +7 Zereth Gloves
- +5 Tartotus Shoes

85 energy/49 contribution

I'd say, very well spent headstart.

4 people like this

Posted

I would have been doing a lot of exploring because the game is so beautiful! However, I unfortunately have not been able to utilize my head start. I get the "connection to the server has been lost" screen every time I attempt to get in-game. I'm still hopeful though!

Posted

Are you going for 99 fishing level?  file.php?avatar=7279_1423602648.png

You bet your sweet ass I am, I'll control the shark/monkfish market for sweet profit.

Posted

Level 50.
FliP, you are a god amongst men. Hope you hydrated well, cause I know you pulled 2 allnighters.

Posted

I am taking my time and enjoying the game! Connect nodes, trading, cooking, gathering, and fishing! This game so far is my favorite mmo!

2016-02-28_569067918.thumb.JPG.b5b6ff71f

2016-02-28_631199058.thumb.JPG.cb52ed30b

2016-02-28_574458266.thumb.JPG.c00a70d53

2016-03-01_736162675.thumb.JPG.c3f42fdb7

2016-03-01_736795004.thumb.JPG.4be502168

Posted (edited)

i spent most of it trying to get the game to run. I had no issues with RU or JPN, and far less issues with CBT1 :(

glad u guys got to play. maybe this last install with be like for reals the last one. i just wanna go fishing!

Edited by Luciferia

Posted (edited)

leveled 3 chars, 25, 15, 15

made node network (4 cities)

worker setup for raw materials

crafted wagons, raft, ferry

set up workshops for furniture, tools , ship acc and so on

spent alot of time boosting energy and contribution bars

made trade runs and fished alot, leveled my cooking

Edited by Elbrollo

Posted

by reading the forums

http://www.pincaption.com/media/gallery/original/Oh-God-Why-14412549971292364137.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

by reading the forums

http://www.pincaption.com/media/gallery/original/Oh-God-Why-14412549971292364137.jpg

911a06b4966b69fa211205d69078e6a792d6036a

Posted

I secured a bunch of alt names.

Posted

Enjoying the journey. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Blasted to 50, collecting nodes up until calpheon.

Now the game is unplayable during peak hours these past 2 days so I can't even go without mega lag or disconnects.

I hope they strengthen server stability for tomorrow or it's going to be a living hell.

I took some pics from the top of the building in calpheon. The Valk training grounds:

2016-03-01_9569066.thumb.JPG.be08ae2ffa82016-03-01_9572251.thumb.JPG.d193a320a962016-03-01_9593052.thumb.JPG.1b6f31126872016-03-01_9616990.thumb.JPG.5d3855343b02016-03-01_9634480.thumb.JPG.125b65e203a2016-03-01_9675317.thumb.JPG.67eae5e7682

This also gave me a good chuckle since they're being seiged by trolls.

2016-03-01_12738321.thumb.JPG.0060910987

Edited by Ainrehtea
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Trying to figure out why I can't actually -----ing play.:/

Edited by InverseRadish
Clod of dirt computer x bunch of programs jamming up CPU x corrupted game and computer files = upgrade to windows 10, full reset, and reinstall of game. :)))))

Posted

Got to level 18, spent most of my time fishing. >_>

/sigh xD

Posted

Lots of crafting, taming horses and leveled a bit.

here is my progress.

2016-03-03_297368901.thumb.JPG.b33a01b86

Posted

I spent it watching streamers and crying about my explorer pack that was the wrong explorer pack lol...i decided to wait and see people play the game before i threw down money

Really excited to play though