• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, I don't know if anyone else noticed this, and I guess it's pretty normal for a game about to launch? But right now the community in BDO, at least on the Edan server, is absolutely disgusting. We have this one guild called Baka that scraps all their energy on spamming chat channels all day long slinging horrendously inflammatory things and just total randoms screeching racist epitaphs, talking about nazis and all that. Is this the community we're fostering here? A mountain of sociopaths?

For every 4 lines of what should be bannable offenses, there is 1 rational person worth talking to.

7 people like this

Posted

Every community has their bad apples. make liberal use of the block function. I've personally found most people quite friendly and helpful

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Blame /vg/

Thats exactly why I avoided Edan. That server is a lighting rod for twáts.

Edited by Koquonfaes
5 people like this

Posted

no they shouldn't need to be blocked. they should be banned. it's just a shame it takes so much energy to request this in-game

6 people like this

Posted

Okay, I don't know if anyone else noticed this, and I guess it's pretty normal for a game about to launch? But right now the community in BDO, at least on the Edan server, is absolutely disgusting. We have this one guild called Baka that scraps all their energy on spamming chat channels all day long slinging horrendously inflammatory things and just total randoms screeching racist epitaphs, talking about nazis and all that. Is this the community we're fostering here? A mountain of sociopaths?

For every 4 lines of what should be bannable offenses, there is 1 rational person worth talking to.

I'm not sure if there is an in game report feature, if there is, make use of it. Don't just ignore/block because that doesn't do anything to remove the filth from the environment.

Posted

Wait.  I think I know that guild.  My "friend" added me to it when I was playing Guild Wars.  I quit the guild in disgust after an hour or so.  It really is a /vg/ guild.

Posted

On EU Aulistin they are pretty nice. Well, maybe it's because I surround myself with nice people. Join Aulistin :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

ive seen that alot also .. ¬¬ but personally when I see someone ask a question u try to help them with what i learned or researched

Posted

Had I know that Edan would be a magnet for this sort of stuff I would have chosen a different server, but I've already claimed all my preorder stuff >.>

Posted

There are plenty kiddo's in this game who think they are awesomely cool.. just wait l.. eventually they will calm down, receive a ban or leave because talking requires energy. 

Posted

There is an option to report the player when you click on their name. The thing about the chat is whatever they have typed in there the stuffs are saved/archived. Their name can easily be searched and along with stuffs they have written. You should try that.

When I see things like that I would report the player in a heartbeat.  

Posted

I mean if you don't like channel chat now it's only going to be worse come tomorrow. 

Posted

If these are the people I think they are, they are especially toxic, though.

Posted

Blame /vg/

Thats exactly why I avoided Edan. That server is a lighting rod for twáts.

This ^

You could tell just by the forums and the guilds planning on going there it was a place to avoid.

Posted

Remember, If you dont like someone, click on their name, Block them, Then you can request a chat ban. As far as I know, thats the only thing you can do.

Posted

I have seen  this a bit in game,  some of it directed at members of my guild.   However my guild comes from a very toxic Rust community and are used to it (and good at giving back :)

Posted

I personally welcome BAKAs antics.

After a while, PKing a member of theirs will get you cheers and beers from the entire server. :P

3 people like this

Posted

Is one of the server's larger in population?

Posted

Is one of the server's larger in population?

Yes, for NA, Edan is the larger

Posted

Yes, for NA, Edan is the larger

Ok thank's might give that one a miss lol

Posted (edited)

Orwen seems legit *shrug* granted I dont pay all that much attention to chat, and i almost always have my second chat window up for chatting with friends but over all peeps seem legit.

The comunity in general I would say, from what I have seen, Is a bunch of 25-35 year old 12 year olds essentially, people are respectfull and nice in general but will not think twice about throwing in some sarcastic/innapropriate sexy humor and junk like that xD

In general, of course.

Edited by Zegram

Posted

My friend has edified me on how 4chan works and how it's unlikely these /vg/ people are the same ones who tormented me in the past.  Disregard my earlier post.

Posted (edited)

I'm in the same server and yeah, I gotta agree. The BDO community in game right now is pretty terrible. It's getting worse now because of the server shutdown and...well, you can read for yourselves

dWWlKmb.png

and a few minutes later.....

zjflgxq.png

(and in-case the pictures are glitching out. Here is a link to the imgur post)
http://imgur.com/a/1CUhP 

Edited by mirg

Posted

Edan is where the big boys PvP.  Baka, however, is a griefer guild from way back. Not all guilds on Edan are like that.

Posted

I find the community hilarious, so much butt-hurt and salt. Brings a joyful tear to my eye knowing those are the people i'll be PKing when I hit 50. 

1 person likes this