• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Low fps with 980ti

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

That is odd Marshall, try to change your graphic settings from the top right corner of the launcher, but even when I do that, it still doesn't change my FPS one drop. Hopefully your luck will be better than mine and when you select a different graphics option that isn't "High End" you will actually see a FPS change........Optimized Low and High End = the exact same FPS on my rig.

I tried that. It was at High 2 and I set it to Medium 2 and it still shows Very High under the graphics.

EDIT: I figured it out. There is a box marked High End Mode which was preventing me from being able to change it.

Edited by LordMarshal

Posted

i play with 60 fps all the time 99% constant 60 fps in the open world no matter whats going on cities between 35-45

4690k 4 ghz

380 nitro

1080p

i can see why people are chapped with a 980 ti and getting less then that only thing i can say is you got viruses or to many things open in the background my pc is always 100% clean as i reformat about once a month and clean 1 time installs on graphics and any other programs i can stream on twitch with 60fps stream and still maintain the same fps even with listening to music on pandora but if i have to many things open pushing my cpu over 85% then i start to see frame drops anything less then 80% cpu and my fps stays 60 regardless besides towns lol

Posted

Another thing that might be affect 980ti or similar cards, is that its not running in 3D mode. Try running MSI afterburner and tab out after you have been playing for a while and see what the clock speed is running at. I know if I get a driver crash it often locks the 555mhz rather than the 1530mhz I normally run at and frames rate is down in he 30's until I restart the PC.

Also the resolution and refresh rate play a big part in your frame rate so check what you should be getting not what someone with a different monitor is getting :)

Posted

Please all of you with this problems, check if you onboard Displays/  APU are disabled. Maybe it will help with FPS loss.

game has some issues with selecting the prober device to render graphics

Posted

same here, found this topic after googling.

GPU runs at 50-70%, CPU runs at 50%, vsync turned off - I wonder what the brake is in this game? It makes no sense at all

Posted

OP has am AMD cpu that's his only problem they are still notoriously bad in heavy single threaded CPU bound Games like MMOs even with the cheapest Skylake I5 his FPS would be a lot better.

Posted

OP has am AMD cpu that's his only problem they are still notoriously bad in heavy single threaded CPU bound Games like MMOs even with the cheapest Skylake I5 his FPS would be a lot better.

I have a 4790k and 980 ti. 4790k is running at 4.5GHz with a H100i GTX watercooler. All the same problems.

Definitely not the CPU here.

Posted (edited)

Xincode may be fault here.

Quoting:

Fix for 100% CPU Usage and Crashing caused by XignCode3 (64bit Users Only!)

Download one of these and simply run it every time you want to play the game.

Yes. That's right. Every Time.

Every time you launch the game, XignCode3 remakes some of these files, which will continue to cause you problems.

I personally just set my batch file as a Shortcut on my Start Menu to launch the game from now on.

Why does this happen in the first place?

XignCode3 is bad. It tries to load the 32bit version of itself even when you want to launch the 64bit version of the game. Sometimes it gets stuck in an infinite loop, resulting in 100% cpu usage and eventually it crashes the game. This can happen repeatedly, or you can get lucky and not be one of the people plagued by this.

Note: I made this using Windows 7. If you are using something other than Windows 7 and you have problems, I cannot help you, because I don't have anything but Windows 7.

-Last Updated 04/29/2015-

From here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/33xzhp/black_desert_launcher_batch_file_for_64_bit_users/

Worked for this configurations with bad FPS in BDO:

i5 4670 , 8 gb ddr3 1600 , ssd samsung evo 850 , GTX 970 asus strix OC , windows 7 64 bit

@GM_Huego

Can you look at this ? I think this is very important , as Xincode have tons problems lately.

Edited by Czarny

Posted

I've tried all of them. Fullscreen didn't seem to make much of a difference, vsynch is turned off globally, and the drivers I have were released two days ago. I may try it again, but I don't think it will do anything different. Like I said. Even if I go to medium and disable pretty much everything, it's still 40fps in cities.

this is your solution. always fullscreen. went like +20fps to my system here

Posted (edited)

The game has really something -----ed up regarding GPU utilization. My 980 ti gets AT THE MOST 60% power usage, wtf...

GPU utilization never goes above 40%.

My CPU is OC to 4.5 go basically almost the best hardware in the world can't run this due to bugs.

Let's hope theres a way to fix, trying to read more threads now..

Edited by Lastrazza

Posted

Xincode may be fault here.

Quoting:

Fix for 100% CPU Usage and Crashing caused by XignCode3 (64bit Users Only!)

Download one of these and simply run it every time you want to play the game.

Yes. That's right. Every Time.

Every time you launch the game, XignCode3 remakes some of these files, which will continue to cause you problems.

I personally just set my batch file as a Shortcut on my Start Menu to launch the game from now on.

Why does this happen in the first place?

XignCode3 is bad. It tries to load the 32bit version of itself even when you want to launch the 64bit version of the game. Sometimes it gets stuck in an infinite loop, resulting in 100% cpu usage and eventually it crashes the game. This can happen repeatedly, or you can get lucky and not be one of the people plagued by this.

Note: I made this using Windows 7. If you are using something other than Windows 7 and you have problems, I cannot help you, because I don't have anything but Windows 7.

-Last Updated 04/29/2015-

From here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/33xzhp/black_desert_launcher_batch_file_for_64_bit_users/

Worked for this configurations with bad FPS in BDO:

i5 4670 , 8 gb ddr3 1600 , ssd samsung evo 850 , GTX 970 asus strix OC , windows 7 64 bit

@GM_Huego

Can you look at this ? I think this is very important , as Xincode have tons problems lately.

Can anyone confirm if this works with win10 as well?

Posted

Even when I get 30fps in cities my cpu never goes beyond 80% 

My brother had the same problem when he first played, he just changed the preset to high which now gives him 50-60. His specs are far below mine. Something else must be bugged sorry!

what are your specs and what are your brother specs  please ?

Posted (edited)

With everything maxed and Windowed I get around 40 FPS in city, crowded and around 70 FPS outside Heidel.

My specs on PC I am using at the moment is;

CPU: AMD-8350 Black Edition TURBO 4.2Ghz

CPU Cooling: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz

Motherboard:  Gigabyte

Videocard: Nvidia 1070 GTX Turbo ASUS

Hard drives: Solid State Drives

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 1300W  (this was because i had two R9 290x Xfire video cards)

Background processes running are; Malware Anti-Malware / Trend Micro Anti-Virus & Internet Security / Razer Mouse and Keyboard /

Usage Results CPU: 34% RAM: 38% Disk: 1%

124ecd0.jpg

Edited by B.D.O

Posted

So since returning to the game a few days ago, this issue has been frustrating me to no end. I had previously played the game last year using an old Radeon 6850 that was running the game on medium with better FPS than the new Nvidia 1060 that I'd just upgraded to. Now, I was getting 40 fps in fields, and around 15 fps in towns such as Heidel.

After trying various fixes online, the one thing that seems to have sorted my FPS issues is switching the compatibility of the BDO launcher to Windows XP sp3. I have no idea why, but that has changed the game completely for me and I'm now able to run it in High-End mode and achieve around 40fps in busy cities/towns. Also turned V-Sync off and running in full screen. I have absolutely no idea why changing the compatibility mode of the launcher has done this, but whatever works I guess!