• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chat Attack! The Deterioration of In-Game Player Dialogue

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it just me or have the chat channels gotten worse since Sunday?  What started off as relatively peaceful and sensible dialogue has now deteriorated into a silly flame fest.  As the week has progressed I've noticed more insults and provocative messages between players, as well as plain rudeness and and uncalled for obscenities. 

Is it only going to be worse when I log on this evening?

Posted

Just ignore the chat?

Let the kids do their thing.

Posted

Block or report (if necessary) if you feel like it. It's no different than the usual MMO chat. It can be worst.

Posted

Just turn off global chat and save yourself the trouble. 

Posted

It's been fine on Orwen. Then again I figured Edan is where most of the toxic nonsense was headed.

It may be horrid later on after launch.

This is why I have a chat tab for no system/channel chat for more private and less clutter.

Also, remember:

2016-03-01_12738321.thumb.JPG.fef47f0d93

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or have the chat channels gotten worse since Sunday?  What started off as relatively peaceful and sensible dialogue has now deteriorated into a silly flame fest.  As the week has progressed I've noticed more insults and provocative messages between players, as well as plain rudeness and and uncalled for obscenities. 

Most likely is going to get worse. All those people complaining in forums will start complaining in game:

- The mobs spawn too fast

- The mobs spawn too slow

- It takes energy to chat

- Cash shop is over priced

- Jump height on cosmetic items? Pay to win

- Pets OP

- etc etc

Edited by Quetesh

Posted

Not all of us started on sunday, i bought the travellers package so i started yesterday. Not saying tht i logged in to spam, on the contrary i'm there purely for gaming pleasure =D

Posted

You're playing a game where PvP is the end game. Chat will only get worst, not better.

Posted

Just turn off global chat and save yourself the trouble. 

this

Posted

Most likely is going to get worse. All those people complaining in forums will start complaining in game:

- The mobs spawn too fast

- The mobs spawn too slow

- It take energy to chat

- Cash shop is over priced

- Jump height on cosmetic items? Pay to win

- Pets OP

- etc etc

You got it.

Posted

Joel get on skype!!!

Posted

I am on guild chat. The best there is :)

Posted

I am on guild chat. The best there is :)

Dutchland!

1 person likes this

Posted

I am playing on EU/Croxus. Chat is pretty quiet all the time. No obscenities or insults either. Happy with it so far. But I feel it us the server with the lowest population, so that is probably the reason.

Posted

Proceeding as expected.

More and more players are hitting the 45+ lvl range. Crowded PvP enabled grinding spots equals in some not so happy players, especially ones on the receiving end of the killing.

Also depending on your server, you might have chosen the more toxic one crammed with high horse PvPlebs & trolls. Tho I doubt any of the servers will be safe after official launch, but certain servers will most likely stay more toxic than the others.

So yeah, it's only going to get worse, especially the more people there are and the more PvP there'll be. But what else would you expect anyways?

Posted

I've noticed it more too. When head start started I enjoyed chat, there were interesting conversations. Maybe most have joined guilds and are in guild chat?

if the game goes FTP eventually it's all over for chat

Posted

Meh I only look at it when I am doing nothing but running around, and that rarely. Make a second chat and group up with somebody/guild chat, general chats are always full of retarded kids.

Posted

what they should do is make it cost 10 energy to post there watch the chat be nothing but on occasion useful stuff and low levels who are just being toxic can't be so toxic or no one can.

Posted

The deterioration of chat is probably linked to the deterioration in maturity level of the gamers.  I'm lookin at you high school males (callin them out specifically because i used to be a high school male xD).  You know how the guys all grew up over college and grad school and finally in the work place?  Yeah, they havn't had that growth yet.  Do a "request chat ban" if you've got the energy or switch channels.  

I'm on Orwen and it's been pretty great so far.  Only had one guy spamming "cant stump the trump" inbetween all his racial slurs lol.  Other than that, no issues.

Posted

oh and all the toxic players are mainly on edan orwen it's pretty relaxed/chill

Posted

oh and all the toxic players are mainly on edan orwen it's pretty relaxed/chill

I'm starting to think maybe we shouldn't tell people how awesome Orwen has been.  I mean i'd like them to come join us, but what if the spammers find out too? :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

I am playing on EU/Croxus. Chat is pretty quiet all the time. No obscenities or insults either. Happy with it so far. But I feel it us the server with the lowest population, so that is probably the reason.

Eu server here too, it's been great. No spam no rubbish. Really good experience compared to beta. The server states "overrun" so it isn't low population either ;)

Edited by Silentnigh7

Posted

Im one of them 

kappa.gif

Posted

Who even reads the world chat anyways?

Its the first thing I disable in any mmo. 

Posted

you have a filter!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0