• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT1 Patch Notes

164 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Testers,

I would like to welcome our testers to the first closed beta for Black Desert Online!  The last week has kept us busy with a flurry of key giveaways and preparation.  We still have a lot of work in front of us before release, but this test is the next step forward.  Continue reading to see a detailed breakdown of the changes in our first set of patch notes.

Closed Beta Test 1 - Patch Notes

Character Creation

• Naming Policy

• Names may be from 3-16 characters long, and include letters, numbers and _(Underscore).

• Letters can only be used 2 times, consecutively. (ex: XxJohn)

• No more than 4 numbers may be used at the end of a name.

• The _ (Underscore) is allowed once and can only be placed between a minimum of two characters. (ex: CM_Jouska)

Classes

• Warrior

• Ranger

• Sorceress

• Berserker

• Wizard

• Tamer

Gameplay

Karma, Level Progression, Trading have not been changed from Alpha build, as we are looking into a richer feedback from the increased population on our CBT1 servers.

• Level Cap

• The level cap has been raised from 30, to 50.

• You will still be able to gain additional skill points once you have reached the level cap.

• PvP

• PvP is enabled from level 30 onward.

• Karma is unchanged from Alpha. (60k loss, per kill)

• Guilds

• Guild quests have been enabled.

• Guild wars are enabled. They cost 150,000 silver to initiate, with no additional cost to maintain the guild war.

• Guild Protection has been enabled.  A guild will be able to protect 10 members from guild wars, so long as they are not an officer or the Guild Leader.  This protection cannot be revoked until 24 hours have passed from the time it was enabled.  Guilds may also invest their skill points to unlock additional protection slots, up to a maximum of 20.

• Player Trading

• Player to player trade is unchanged from Alpha, and is limited to consumable items only.

• Items

• Lanterns have been added to Merchant NPC’s. Purchased lanterns have a maximum duration of 60 minutes.

• Health potions have a 5 second cooldown.

• Field Bosses

• Three new field bosses have been added: Red Nose Imp, Hebetate Tree Spirit, and Giant Mudster.  Unlike bosses summoned from Scrolls, engaging these bosses will not employ phasing mechanics, allowing players to battle over the kills.

• Zones

• Calpheon has been unlocked.

• Illya Island has been unlocked.

• Pirate Island is unavailable.

• Weather

• Nights are now darker.

• Snow and Windstorms have been added.

• Energy System

• Energy is now required for Production, Cooking and Alchemy. This was done to balance the economical gain between Life and Combat content. Professions will take more time to level up, and Energy costs will prevent saturating the market with materials and products, to better balance supply and demand.

System

• Server

• EU and NA regions will each have their own server, with a maximum of five channels, but channels 4 & 5 will be locked unless needed to accommodate the amount of testers participating.

• Changing channels has a 15 minute cooldown.

• We are using the regular server setup with only 1 server / world (EU + NA) as the limited population during CBT1 will not require more servers to be opened. 

• Launcher

• The launcher has been updated. To access the game, you will use the same login as the Official Forums.

• Localization

• Localization has been improved, across all aspects of gameplay.

• Optional Chat Filter has been added.

• Character Outline/Silhouette Options have been added.

• Custom Quick Slots

• Quick slots allow a player to set up a specific hotkey to activate items or skills without using up their hotbar.

• In order to activate this feature, go into “Settings” and check the box next to Quick Slots.

• To add an item or skill to a Quick Slot, drag it into any position desired on your screen. A menu will appear, allowing you to set the desired hotkey to activate that slot.

Known Issues

• Reporting

• UI & Graphics

• Some skill descriptions are missing.

• Size adjustment failed due to the game option selection being set beyond the max resolution of the screen.

• Once you equip a fishing rod it will be displayed on the character select screen.

• Currently the Wizard cannot disable helmet display.

• Localization

• Text on some Icons/Buttons is off center.

• Text is overlapping or longer than the UI.

• Voice overs have been disabled.

• Tutorials have been disabled.

• When registering a Horse, Donkey, Wagon, or Boat the Naming Policy window opens but the text is not displayed.

• Crafting Note has been enabled, but translation is not complete.

• Marketplace windows display the wrong text when confirming a purchase or selecting how many items you want to buy.

• Features

• You cannot refill lanterns.

• Stormy Night feature will be enabled manually by GMs for stress testing.

• NPC

• Currently Field Bosses must be manually respawned by GMs.

• Lack of monsters in starting area in case of huge player base.

• Progression

• Imbalance between character level and quest level.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

How many field bosses total in the cbt1? And a party of how many players is recommended?

Also do monsters have agro when a party of several players, and is it based on who does the most damage or?

Edited by Henry

Posted

How many field bosses total in the cbt1? And a party of how many players is recommended?

Also do monsters have agro when a party of several players, and is it based on who does the most damage or?

Three field bosses, that will vary on level and equipment.  Agro is based on damage.

Posted

• Energy System

• Energy is now required for Production, Cooking and Alchemy. This was done to balance the economical gain between Life and Combat content. Professions will take more time to level up, and Energy costs will prevent saturating the market with materials and products, to better balance supply and demand.

This is a very brave change. Can we expect a re-adjustment in set AH prices for Cooking and Alchemy products which require 2, 3 and more energy points investments, also price increase on all craftable items? Are you going to remove option to restore energy by using certain in-game items, purchased from in-game NPCs? I'm not even mentioning energy pots from the Store.

Posted

• Energy System

This is a very brave change. Can we expect a re-adjustment in set AH prices for Cooking and Alchemy products which require 2, 3 and more energy points investments, also price increase on all craftable items? Are you going to remove option to restore energy by using certain in-game items, purchased from in-game NPCs? I'm not even mentioning energy pots from the Store.

That's all still to be determined. About your first comment, please specify your idea in our suggestion/feedback corner, so we can take it into our Beta Feedback once CBT is closed :)  Thank you

1 person likes this

Posted

What about economy? You guys have not mentioned anything about it (x changed or nothing changed, like for the others aspects of the game), and this makes me believe that you might not be aware of the problems that exists within the economy of black desert. Right now the economy of the game is dead on the ground because of the global auction houses, the price restrictions imposed on items and the inability to rob traders (killing a carriage will result only in bad karma - the items transported with the carriage are NOT lootable; unlike they were in the past and unlike the game was advertised as - i think that we all can remember the first trailer from PA with a trader running away from thieves in his carriage). The economy feels artificial and controlled, not player driven like PA proudly advertised their game, or better say, is still advertising.

I see that you've mentioned player to player trading, which is really important for economy too, which means that you are aware of this problem?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and you guys just omitted it :D

19 people like this

Posted (edited)

What with class balance? Warrior is still sh**, perhaps even worse than on RU server and tamer is still OP.

Edited by Darxus

Posted

What with class balance? Warrior is still sh**, perhaps even worse than on RU server and tamer is still OP.

Tamer is the weakest class in bdo tho`...

2 people like this

Posted

Tamer is the weakest class in bdo tho`...

RLY? On RU only a few players play on Warrior. Most players play on tamer. It means spmething. I play on JP and RU version BD. In each of these Warrior was most weak class. No one normal want to play this class. Look on walkirie. Walkirie do soo many dmg in early stage of game, warrior do some dmg on 37 lvl and thats all.

Posted

I got your feedback right here! 

Love it, thanks. 

Posted

RLY? On RU only a few players play on Warrior. Most players play on tamer. It means spmething. I play on JP and RU version BD. In each of these Warrior was most weak class. No one normal want to play this class. Look on walkirie. Walkirie do soo many dmg in early stage of game, warrior do some dmg on 37 lvl and thats all.

well, tamer is the weakest class in pvp....

2 people like this

Posted

well, tamer is the weakest class in pvp....

Nope is second weakest class if player on tamer not absorb summon. The most weakest class is warrior. On RU server one tamer kill 3 warriors on one skill. Even his summon in one hit take warrior 30% HP

Posted

Nope is second weakest class if player on tamer not absorb summon. The most weakest class is warrior. On RU server one tamer kill 3 warriors on one skill. Even his summon in one hit take warrior 30% HP

This will sound rude of me, but warrior is the most balanced class in game as overall gameplay. If you don't know how to play it yet, that's another story. On the other hand, tamer was nerfed patch after patch. There are even protest videos from the Korean community made for PA. Her pet stops scalling his dmg with her lvl after lvl 55, and the pet becomes useless, this on top of her having only 3 atacks usefull for pvp. But each with his own... even if i am sure that warrior is not a weak class.

Anyway, this is not the place for this disscusion.

2 people like this

Posted

Patch seems bugged. Can't download 2.49Gb patch. Something about corrupt date, Recovery not on my system nor on the launcher. An issue others are having as well it seems. 

Posted

What about economy? You guys have not mentioned anything about it (x changed or nothing changed, like for the others aspects of the game), and this makes me believe that you might not be aware of the problems that exists within the economy of black desert. Right now the economy of the game is dead on the ground because of the global auction houses, the price restrictions imposed on items and the inability to rob traders (killing a carriage will result only in bad karma - the items transported with the carriage are NOT lootable; unlike they were in the past and unlike the game was advertised as - i think that we all can remember the first trailer from PA with a trader running away from thieves in his carriage). The economy feels artificial and controlled, not player driven like PA proudly advertised their game, or better say, is still advertising

quote cause it's really needed in the game !

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would like to quote sebz as well on the economy as this is the driving force of the game along with pve and pvp.

Edited by Henry

Posted

Did you guys not give them any of the feedback that has been posted or do they just not give two shits about what the masses have requested?  It's one of the two...

I am not sure you understood my reply.  I was answering his question.  We have added three field bosses.  His second question was how many players it would take to kill these bosses, in response I said it would depend on the number of players attempting the kill and the equipment of the players making the attempt.

Posted

I am not sure you understood my reply.  I was answering his question.  We have added three field bosses.  His second question was how many players it would take to kill these bosses, in response I said it would depend on the number of players attempting the kill and the equipment of the players making the attempt.

It was in response to all the changes that are totally not what was asked for, the game is just going to shit...

-we ask for more things for pvp, guild upkeep to go away our answer:  no changes to karma and more protection in guild

This was the hottest topic and instead, we have a non playable game...totally pathetic, either the information wasn't passed or DAUM doesn't give a shit...that's all their is to it

-

Posted

What about economy? You guys have not mentioned anything about it (x changed or nothing changed, like for the others aspects of the game), and this makes me believe that you might not be aware of the problems that exists within the economy of black desert. Right now the economy of the game is dead on the ground because of the global auction houses, the price restrictions imposed on items and the inability to rob traders (killing a carriage will result only in bad karma - the items transported with the carriage are NOT lootable; unlike they were in the past and unlike the game was advertised as - i think that we all can remember the first trailer from PA with a trader running away from thieves in his carriage). The economy feels artificial and controlled, not player driven like PA proudly advertised their game, or better say, is still advertising.

I see that you've mentioned player to player trading, which is really important for economy too, which means that you are aware of this problem?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and you guys just omitted it :D

This isn't in the game anymore? :(:(:(

Posted

Quick question.

The patch notes state that the tutorials have been disabled.

Which tutorials are they referring to?

Posted

It was in response to all the changes that are totally not what was asked for, the game is just going to shit...

-we ask for more things for pvp, guild upkeep to go away our answer:  no changes to karma and more protection in guild

This was the hottest topic and instead, we have a non playable game...totally pathetic, either the information wasn't passed or DAUM doesn't give a shit...that's all their is to it

-

I believe you may have missed these points in the patch notes, they relate directly to the points you are citing.

• The price of guild war initiation is down to 150,000 silver.
  • Guild wars have zero upkeep cost.
  • Protection slots are unchanged from KR.
  • We have stated we need to review the impact of Karma in a level 50 environment prior to committing any changes.

5 people like this

Posted

• Energy System

Lol really? So why haven't you implemented this on Korea yet? If this is your supposed fix for the "Market" maybe you can fix their market as well. All this looks like to me is another Archeage labor pot grab. Processing is used for a lot more things in the game then just the market, its used massively in sieges to build forts and what not. This is pretty sad you guys have decided to implement this in the NA/EU version..

7 people like this

Posted

I believe you may have missed these points in the patch notes, they relate directly to the points you are citing.

• We have stated we need to review the impact of Karma in a level 50 environment prior to committing any changes.

CBTs will not give an accurate representation of how people react to the Karma system at any level simply due to all the characters being throw away and not mattering. You will have people PKing far more often than they would if playing the live release.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I did miss the guild upkeep cost, that is a win...I'm sorry...that was my mistake.  Protectin in kr is 1 member, not 10, i'm pretty sure....eithe rway, 10 slots of protectin,...thats insane.

Edited by The Real SirBalin

Posted

Please, please, please Jouska take the PVP feedback from CB with a grain of salt. There is a much lower amount of deterrent to troll during CBT even if the rules are more strict. Most people don't care about their characters as they will be wiped anyway, and there is much less pressure to do productive things (like farm for gear). What happens in CBT is not an accurate representation of what people will be doing come release. Those who might not otherwise RPK will, and those who would RPK will do it more. So please take this into consideration.

9 people like this