• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT1 Patch Notes

164 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I believe you may have missed these points in the patch notes, they relate directly to the points you are citing.

• The price of guild war initiation is down to 150,000 silver.
  • Guild wars have zero upkeep cost.
  • Protection slots are unchanged from KR.
  • We have stated we need to review the impact of Karma in a level 50 environment prior to committing any changes.

So are you saying that Guild Protection slot limits are still based on number of players in guild? Based on your patch notes, it looks like a small 30 player guild could get 20 protection slots which does not make sense. In KR the only people that could get 20 protection slots are the 100 player guilds (and honestly I thought they could only get a maximum of 10 as per below, but you're saying it's actually 20 in KR too?)

i6pzQ6c.png

Edited by Leiloni

Posted

Please, please, please Jouska take the PVP feedback from CB with a grain of salt. There is a much lower amount of deterrent to troll during CBT even if the rules are more strict. Most people don't care about their characters as they will be wiped anyway, and there is much less pressure to do productive things (like farm for gear). What happens in CBT is not an accurate representation of what people will be doing come release. Those who might not otherwise RPK will, and those who would RPK will do it more. So please take this into consideration.

Quoting for emphasis. Please Jouska take this into serious consideration.

Posted

Lol really? So why haven't you implemented this on Korea yet? If this is your supposed fix for the "Market" maybe you can fix their market as well. All this looks like to me is another Archeage labor pot grab. Processing is used for a lot more things in the game then just the market, its used massively in sieges to build forts and what not. This is pretty sad you guys have decided to implement this in the NA/EU version..

Lets hope they balance this well. If the energy consumption is low it can be aceptable, but not if it's like archeage and it takes 6 hours worth of labor poins to craft one piece of armor...

So the question is: How many potions/food/etc can you craft per hour with the actual energy regeneration rate?

Posted

Please, please, please Jouska take the PVP feedback from CB with a grain of salt. There is a much lower amount of deterrent to troll during CBT even if the rules are more strict. Most people don't care about their characters as they will be wiped anyway, and there is much less pressure to do productive things (like farm for gear). What happens in CBT is not an accurate representation of what people will be doing come release. Those who might not otherwise RPK will, and those who would RPK will do it more. So please take this into consideration.

Of course this will be taken into consideration, there are metrics that the CBT will be able to provide, while others have outstanding factors that will weigh upon the judgements.

So are you saying that Guild Protection slot limits are still based on number of players in guild? Based on your patch notes, it looks like a small 30 player guild could get 20 protection slots which does not make sense. In KR the only people that could get 20 protection slots are the 100 player guilds (and honestly I thought they could only get a maximum of 10 as per below, but you're saying it's actually 20 in KR too?)

i6pzQ6c.png

Yes the number of protection slots is directly linked to the size of the guild.  I could be wrong, but I believe in both KR and CBT-1 that tool tip is incorrect.  I will put in a request for clarification just to be certain.

Lol really? So why haven't you implemented this on Korea yet? If this is your supposed fix for the "Market" maybe you can fix their market as well. All this looks like to me is another Archeage labor pot grab. Processing is used for a lot more things in the game then just the market, its used massively in sieges to build forts and what not. This is pretty sad you guys have decided to implement this in the NA/EU version..

We have done this because the KR economy is drastically different from ours due to it's age.  For a long time now it has been the norm in KR that players can pick a profession and have it at master level in a matter of days.  Personally I was able to go from beginner to master cook in three days, this fact alone makes the progression of crafting trivial.  Players in KR are able to mass produce virtually any item, Beer and Carrot Juice, are both prime examples of what we want to avoid.  Again speaking from experience, players in the KR region are able to mass produce carrot juice virtually afk for an unlimited amount of time and sell it.  It has actually reached the point of saturation where it is better to vendor the item then to let them sit stagnate on the AH.  Please note that the examples I have given are specific, but do not cover all the items or examples that can be made.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

/

Edited by Phantom

Posted (edited)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Posted (edited)

Jouska, removing the vigor from processing is needed.

It's just not convenient because you can basically make vigor-slaves (alt characters) to do the processing.

Why not just remove that and have it like KR and JP? 

On BDO RU, I have like 1000 corn, 1000 Potato, 2000 Wheat and god knows how many Zincs/Flax I have made and my tiny 70 vigor per character is not even enough to keep up.

Spending 70 vigor just to make 80k is just...bad. It takes a long while to get the vigor back too. Makes workers somewhat redundant. 

Edited by LoneWolf

Posted (edited)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Posted

Why no "Daum" answers  about trade, market and cariage ? :(

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe you may have missed these points in the patch notes, they relate directly to the points you are citing.

• The price of guild war initiation is down to 150,000 silver.
  • Guild wars have zero upkeep cost.
  • Protection slots are unchanged from KR.
  • We have stated we need to review the impact of Karma in a level 50 environment prior to committing any changes.

...unchanged from KR. This does not help those of us who have not played the KR version, don't be lazy please.

Posted (edited)

...unchanged from KR. This does not help those of us who have not played the KR version, don't be lazy please.

The line you are referring to is in reference to the Protection Slots, that was explained in detail in the original post, I will quote it below.

Guild Protection has been enabled.  A guild will be able to protect 10 members from guild wars, so long as they are not an officer or the Guild Leader.  This protection cannot be revoked until 24 hours have passed from the time it was enabled.  Guilds may also invest their skill points to unlock additional protection slots, up to a maximum of 20.

Edited by CM_Jouska

Posted

did you guys revert the nightime changes, i'm in game right now and its 1 am in game and its very bright, i can see everything clearly far away and don't even need a lantern.

I really hope your not giving in to the small minority of people that dislike the dark nights and complain on the forums, while the vast majority of players love the dark night feature and its why it was one of the most asked for features to return in the game.

This is very disappointing and a bad sign if true.

Posted

did you guys revert the nightime changes, i'm in game right now and its 1 am in game and its very bright, i can see everything clearly far away and don't even need a lantern.

I really hope your not giving in to the small minority of people that dislike the dark nights and complain on the forums, while the vast majority of players love the dark night feature and its why it was one of the most asked for features to return in the game.

I hardly think they do that for a minority. It is a business you know ;)

Posted

In the Known Issues section you have the following statement:

Stormy Night feature will be enabled manually by GMs for stress testing.

I don't really think every night is being the stormy, darker night. And the effect also depands on your computer settings, especially monitor brightness and colors representation.

I can confirm that when I was playing yesterday, GM forced the stormy night and sent the lanterns via mail, I actualy had issues finding my grinding spot in the forests. Stuff is still visible, it's not like your screen is black, but it's quite hard to tell whether it's player or NPC and it happened few times I've been ambushed by NPC from behind without even realising until I've been hit.

Hope that will calm you down a little. 

Posted

Gameplay

Karma, Level Progression, Trading have not been changed from Alpha build, as we are looking into a richer feedback from the increased population on our CBT1 servers.

• Player Trading

• Player to player trade is unchanged from Alpha, and is limited to consumable items only.

applause-gif-3.thumb.gif.bb2ae83a98e70d9

Posted

Apart from you taking feedback into consideration when the CBT ends, are localized markets or changes to the price fixing a discussion among your team at this point? If so, are there any details on this that you can provide?

Posted

i6pzQ6c.png

I have checked with the KR Team and they have confirmed that in the KR version, and in our build, you can have a -total- of 20 protected members in the largest guild (100 members).

Posted

Is the Loop Auto-Pathing that the KR and other versions had removed or disabled (completely/temporarily)?  Or is it not there because of a bug?

- Kat

Posted

We have done this because the KR economy is drastically different from ours due to it's age.  For a long time now it has been the norm in KR that players can pick a profession and have it at master level in a matter of days.  Personally I was able to go from beginner to master cook in three days, this fact alone makes the progression of crafting trivial.  Players in KR are able to mass produce virtually any item, Beer and Carrot Juice, are both prime examples of what we want to avoid.  Again speaking from experience, players in the KR region are able to mass produce carrot juice virtually afk for an unlimited amount of time and sell it.  It has actually reached the point of saturation where it is better to vendor the item then to let them sit stagnate on the AH.  Please note that the examples I have given are specific, but do not cover all the items or examples that can be made.

Mastering a craft profession in 3 days o.O. Thats very bad, it should be much slower, and you don't need a Vigor / Energy/Labor system for that, just make the progress slower.

Problem with BDO economy is not how many items player can produce. Problem is that player can Vendor items in high numbers to NPC, and Vendors have unlimited amount of money. If Players can literally have access to unlimited money source you should not be surprised that they will be taking advantage of it and broke the economy in the process.

Posted

Thanks Jouska!

Someone's gotta show the appreciation for what they do.

Posted

Energy System

• Energy is now required for Production, Cooking and Alchemy. This was done to balance the economical gain between Life and Combat content. Professions will take more time to level up, and Energy costs will prevent saturating the market with materials and products, to better balance supply and demand

This is a very bad change, imo. But I guess we will see how it plays out... 

Posted

Energy System

• Energy is now required for Production, Cooking and Alchemy. This was done to balance the economical gain between Life and Combat content. Professions will take more time to level up, and Energy costs will prevent saturating the market with materials and products, to better balance supply and demand

This is a very bad change, imo. But I guess we will see how it plays out... 

It will be like in Archeage Beta /Release. To make anything you will need to spent a lots of time, and with actual trade system (only usable) even your friends cannot help you by  simply gathering materials with you.

The same problem we have in JPN version, its easier and a lot faster to farm money by Fishing and trading them to Vendor to buy a Fishing Boat then craft it. Like ten times faster, and in JPN system you use your Vigor points only by Gathering, not processing, so it will be much slower.

Posted

Whatever this patch did, it broke my game. Please help.

wtf.png

Posted

That's insane. I wouldn't want that I'd really like to have crafting be worth something. But I also don't want it to be like Archeage-- where it REALLY makes you feel like you're being punished for playing the game "whoops I'm out of labor, better shell out real money/gold/tokens to get labor pots--or stop playing for 2 days." It literally feels like those silly facebook games sometimes, which is why I have dubbed it 'Hardcore Farmville.'

3 people like this