• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT1 Patch Notes

164 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Whatever this patch did, it broke my game. Please help.

wtf.png

Delete the exe (1KB file), rename the extension of the bigger launcher from e__ to exe.

That'll allow you to launch it, but if left alone, it'll continue to make the smaller exe files each time you launch the game, making you rename and delete over and over.

So, if you rename the bigger launcher, then right click > set as read only, this will make the launcher usable without needing to rename over and over.

pyW2sGP.png

Edited by Alice
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Whatever this patch did, it broke my game. Please help.

wtf.png

did the same thing to me only I am on windows 10, ohh never mind saw your fix thanks

Edited by Zimmerman
unneeded

Posted

Delete the exe (1KB file), rename the extension of the bigger launcher from e__ to exe.

That'll allow you to launch it, but if left alone, it'll continue to make the smaller exe files each time you launch the game, making you rename and delete over and over.

So, if you rename the bigger launcher, then right click > set as read only, this will make the launcher usable without needing to rename over and over.

pyW2sGP.png

thx bae

Posted

We have done this because the KR economy is drastically different from ours due to it's age.  For a long time now it has been the norm in KR that players can pick a profession and have it at master level in a matter of days.  Personally I was able to go from beginner to master cook in three days, this fact alone makes the progression of crafting trivial.  Players in KR are able to mass produce virtually any item, Beer and Carrot Juice, are both prime examples of what we want to avoid.  Again speaking from experience, players in the KR region are able to mass produce carrot juice virtually afk for an unlimited amount of time and sell it.  It has actually reached the point of saturation where it is better to vendor the item then to let them sit stagnate on the AH.  Please note that the examples I have given are specific, but do not cover all the items or examples that can be made.

Well to be honest, after some time DAUM just let ppl do most life things just faster with new buffs/costumes. For example cooking:

• People started getting craftable costumes +2 or higher - more exp and less time for cooking
  • alchemy stone reducing cooking time
  • food buff for life exp and/or reducing cooking time
  • new cooking costumes for $/silver with exp and reduced time
  • if im not wrong premium pack was giving 20% buff for life professions too

With all those buffs, one cooking was taking 4/3s or less instead 10s and u had really big bonus for exp, whats makes get to master rank easier. Same was with fishing after AFK option, leveling horses with paid costume, or processing with maid costume. Back to carrot juice, its was just decent option to make silver, not because of price on Auction House but base price (both anyway was similar in JP after AH TAX). Daum could fix it in any time by reducing base price for what u selling item for NPC.

If you want keep 'life progression' slower maybe just change exp rate, dont give us any bonuses to lvl, reduce nodes with some resources (like potatoes/wheat) where you can send workers, add new lvl requirements to make some items, etc. Fixing this with labor system will be abuse with energy on additional characters and energy pots/items incresed energy in time, if they show up in our version.

Posted (edited)

I have checked with the KR Team and they have confirmed that in the KR version, and in our build, you can have a -total- of 20 protected members in the largest guild (100 members).

Thanks Jouska! So the smaller guilds would have a smaller cap, i.e. for a guild of 30 they'd have a cap of 13? 3 to start with plus the extra 10? That makes sense.

Edited by Leiloni

Posted

@CM_Jouska was the ability to set an autorun path that loops removed in our client version? In the KR version you can set an autopath and your character will run back and forth while you are afk.

Posted

@CM_Jouska was the ability to set an autorun path that loops removed in our client version? In the KR version you can set an autopath and your character will run back and forth while you are afk.

I am looking into this, and will update when I have more info.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yea he's referring to the AFK running in circles to level mounts thing. A few people noticed this but I'm not sure if it was intentionally taken out because I seem to remember some drama over it in KR a while back?

Edited by Leiloni

Posted

I have checked with the KR Team and they have confirmed that in the KR version, and in our build, you can have a -total- of 20 protected members in the largest guild (100 members).

That's just ridiculous...this game is just going to crap, you have to know that this is just stupid...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

After reading this thread, the sheer amount of people complaining that the game isn't perfect in the beta ///TEST/// is absurd. Same with people thinking that everything you're gonna change should be decided RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, I'm trying to help with the little things, like bugs and typos and whatnot. Working on uploading a minor one to youtube cause why not. Video speaks louder than text.

Quick question though, is all the dialogue in its complete state or is it a bare-bones translation? A lot of it just sounds weird and unnatural, except for the black spirit because I guess he's supposed to be weird and unnatural.

Edited by Edgelorde

Posted

Yea he's referring to the AFK running in circles to level mounts thing. A few people noticed this but I'm not sure if it was intentionally taken out because I seem to remember some drama over it in KR a while back?

I'm also curious about this, autorun option is present in JP version, not sure about RU. I'm wondering why would devs deprive us of such great tool to lvl up mounts :S

Posted

I'm also curious about this, autorun option is present in JP version, not sure about RU. I'm wondering why would devs deprive us of such great tool to lvl up mounts :S

To be honest I don't think we need to have the ability to afk level stuff up.

2 people like this

Posted

In the Known Issues section you have the following statement:

I don't really think every night is being the stormy, darker night. And the effect also depands on your computer settings, especially monitor brightness and colors representation.

I can confirm that when I was playing yesterday, GM forced the stormy night and sent the lanterns via mail, I actualy had issues finding my grinding spot in the forests. Stuff is still visible, it's not like your screen is black, but it's quite hard to tell whether it's player or NPC and it happened few times I've been ambushed by NPC from behind without even realising until I've been hit.

Hope that will calm you down a little. 

The stormy night is the darker night yes, but the normal night should still be dark, just not pitch black like the stormy one. You should still need a lantern for both night versions.

In game it was 3 am and the sun was already back out completely, and was pretty much daytime.

Posted

To be honest I don't think we need to have the ability to afk level stuff up.

Thing is it is nice to have it placed in the game automatically, instead of people making macro's to do it for themselves.  Since it will be done either way and was already something in the game in the KR, JP, and RU versions, it's something that really should be left in.

Remember, it's not just leveling horses, it is used to increase your characters Stamina, something used by many classes for spells/abilities along with running and swimming too.  It is also used for increasing your characters strength (not your attack, but how much weight (LT) you can carry (not slots).  Which is very important in this game as even money has weight.

Especially those latter two, they increase very slowly, so AFK leveling those is greatly appreciated by many.  They did leave in auto-fishing thankfully, so I feel loop-auto-pathing should be left in as well.

- Kat

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please add a checkbox option to turn On and Off the mobs name. It is ultimately frustrating to look for a tiny mob like a beetle when it's hiding in the grass, and at night it becomes a nightmare...Also, mobs like tiny bees are almost impossible to see without their names above them. This option needs to be added, it's a very big let down...

Edited by Renard

Posted

I was playing very well yesterday and today I cant enter. I show you the pic with the error. Sometimes appears: "Autentication Failed". The game kick off me. Please help.

BDCBT1.jpg

Posted

I have only had 1 glitch since starting CB1 and that is sometimes the audio glitches for 1 second. other than that, this game has ran flawlessly on my PC.

Loving Ranger so far. only lvl 14. 

21:9 @ 2560x1080

2015-12-18_172342259[264_-7_1117].JPG

Posted

We had the option in the Alpha, but it´s been removed in this Version!

I request we get it back, because lvl´ing your strength (or taming) is a real drag if you cannot do it afk ¬¬

Posted

It`s there in RU as well. I play that version.

Posted (edited)

Of course this will be taken into consideration, there are metrics that the CBT will be able to provide, while others have outstanding factors that will weigh upon the judgements.

Yes the number of protection slots is directly linked to the size of the guild.  I could be wrong, but I believe in both KR and CBT-1 that tool tip is incorrect.  I will put in a request for clarification just to be certain.

We have done this because the KR economy is drastically different from ours due to it's age.  For a long time now it has been the norm in KR that players can pick a profession and have it at master level in a matter of days.  Personally I was able to go from beginner to master cook in three days, this fact alone makes the progression of crafting trivial.  Players in KR are able to mass produce virtually any item, Beer and Carrot Juice, are both prime examples of what we want to avoid.  Again speaking from experience, players in the KR region are able to mass produce carrot juice virtually afk for an unlimited amount of time and sell it.  It has actually reached the point of saturation where it is better to vendor the item then to let them sit stagnate on the AH.  Please note that the examples I have given are specific, but do not cover all the items or examples that can be made.

I honestly don't believe you got master lvl cooking in 3 days. I've been playing the KR version since last year (December 2014) and the only skill I have at master is my processing. If it really was that easy, don't you think more people would be master in cooking? Here's a screenshot of the rankings on the top channel at 7:30pm KR time. Also, take note of my time played just on that character (my crafting character).

46f8881ee220edc3003e41524f636f86.png7e1b9af3b02c6dc34ce862cb998498f0.png

Anyways... If it really was that easy, then there's other ways to deal with that; just slow down the exp gain and/or make it less AFK-able. Some people play this game purely to be a crafter. People don't want to be restricted to what they can do or can't do. It's like making vigor be used for killing mobs to slow down the lvling progression-- it's a bad way to slow down progression. But wait... you did what you should have done for life skills, just lower the exp gain. Not to mention the potential cash shop items which people will consider p2w if you implement them (vigor potions, cash shop beds, and the Blessing of Kamasilve).

As for items being mass produced, that's really only true for a few specific items. For the majority of items, the supply and demand is fairly balanced on KR. To fix the problem with the items you feel are overproduced, you can just require more materials to make them or make it so you produce less of the final product. Making vigor used for processing, cooking, and alchemy just restricts how people progress; it forces them to grind mobs for the majority of their play time since all their vigor will be used up in 30min or less. So if you didn't get my point by now... there are other solutions. Requiring vigor for processing, cooking, and alchemy affects more than you think. To point out a specific example, Giants can't use mana potions so they resort to using herbal juice, which needs to be crafted. This requires them to use valuable vigor points just to be able to fight at max efficiency. This is just one small example of many things it affects. I and everyone I know who also has a lot of experience on KR much prefer KR's vigor system over this new system.

Edited by Valthier
5 people like this

Posted

Thing is it is nice to have it placed in the game automatically, instead of people making macro's to do it for themselves.  Since it will be done either way and was already something in the game in the KR, JP, and RU versions, it's something that really should be left in.

Remember, it's not just leveling horses, it is used to increase your characters Stamina, something used by many classes for spells/abilities along with running and swimming too.  It is also used for increasing your characters strength (not your attack, but how much weight (LT) you can carry (not slots).  Which is very important in this game as even money has weight.

Especially those latter two, they increase very slowly, so AFK leveling those is greatly appreciated by many.  They did leave in auto-fishing thankfully, so I feel loop-auto-pathing should be left in as well.

- Kat

No offence but i find this ridiculous, leveling skills AFK.... common, whats the point in having levels at all, you may as well just give everyone max levels. AFK leveling provides no positive user experience, your just bypassing the restrictions of the leveling scheme (which are there for a reason). Its a fair assumption people will find macros to cheat their way to the top but that wont be everyone and systems can be put in place to restrict it as much as possible.

If you take away the challenge you take away the achievement, therefore ruining my experience. And before anyone jumps in and says you can chose not to use this auto-pathing cheat, that's true but in my opinion achievements in an MMO are quantifiable by the comparing yourself to the achievements of community. 

Posted

I honestly don't believe you got master lvl cooking in 3 days. I've been playing the KR version since last year (December 2014) and the only skill I have at master is my processing. If it really was that easy, don't you think more people would be master in cooking? Here's a screenshot of the rankings on the top channel at 7:30pm KR time. Also, take note of my time played just on that character (my crafting character).

46f8881ee220edc3003e41524f636f86.png7e1b9af3b02c6dc34ce862cb998498f0.png

Anyways... If it really was that easy, then there's other ways to deal with that; just slow down the exp gain and/or make it less AFK-able. Some people play this game purely to be a crafter. People don't want to be restricted to what they can do or can't do. It's like making vigor be used for killing mobs to slow down the lvling progression-- it's a bad way to slow down progression. But wait... you did what you should have done for life skills, just lower the exp gain. Not to mention the potential cash shop items which people will consider p2w if you implement them (vigor potions, cash shop beds, and the Blessing of Kamasilve).

As for items being mass produced, that's really only true for a few specific items. For the majority of items, the supply and demand is fairly balanced on KR. To fix the problem with the items you feel are overproduced, you can just require more materials to make them or make it so you produce less of the final product. Making vigor used for processing, cooking, and alchemy just restricts how people progress; it forces them to grind mobs for the majority of their play time since all their vigor will be used up in 30min or less. So if you didn't get my point by now... there are other solutions. Requiring vigor for processing, cooking, and alchemy affects more than you think. To point out a specific example, Giants can't use mana potions so they resort to using herbal juice, which needs to be crafted. This requires them to use valuable vigor points just to be able to fight at max efficiency. This is just one small example of many things it affects. I and everyone I know who also has a lot of experience on KR much prefer KR's vigor system over this new system.

This is good feedback and I hope he understands it. I'd also like to point out that the only reason the RU client put in such restrictions is because they have a F2P model and like most Russian games, limits what people can do so they'll pay to make it easier. The game is also P2W in a variety of ways as well. They didn't make changes for the better of their economy, but just for their payment model. The KR and JP versions of the game have a better system for a reason.

Posted

And the Valkyrie dont be released in the CTB 1 or 2 ¿?¿? =/

Posted

No offence but i find this ridiculous, leveling skills AFK.... common, whats the point in having levels at all, you may as well just give everyone max levels. AFK leveling provides no positive user experience, your just bypassing the restrictions of the leveling scheme (which are there for a reason). Its a fair assumption people will find macros to cheat their way to the top but that wont be everyone and systems can be put in place to restrict it as much as possible.

If you take away the challenge you take away the achievement, therefore ruining my experience. And before anyone jumps in and says you can chose not to use this auto-pathing cheat, that's true but in my opinion achievements in an MMO are quantifiable by the comparing yourself to the achievements of community. 

No offence taken, but it is a small part of this game.  That is why even when closing this game, it asks if you'd like to minimize the game into the system tray instead of actually closing it (so you can leave it to fish/loop-path for you).  This is a great feature for people who work 40-60 hours a week like myself.

All in all, it only helps on a couple stats, so saying give everyone max level because of this is silly.  That would be something you should say to the people who complain that they cannot get to level 50 in 18 hours like they can on the Korean server.  It's more of what part of that provides positive user experience?  But let's not derail this thread into another of those that talk about "the grind" as there are so many of those.

As mentioned before, the auto loop pathing only helps on Stamina (how long you can run and some classes use it for skills), Horse level (used in breeding your horse/donkey, and this only helps so much as a horse can only have two kids you know?  After that you need to raise up another one, so yes this realllllly helps), and finally helps increase your Strength (how much weight (LT) you can carry.  Not the number of slots, but just the weight, you will still need to play and do quests for slots.  Remember even the money you carry has weight in this game).

With it only doing that little bit, I do think it should be left in the game.  As mentioned before, it was a feature that made it simple for anyone to use it (leveling the playing field with those who use macro's as people will do it regardless, there are programs for things like that).  And it was a feature that the developers in Korea placed in the game themselves, essentially saying it's alright.

- Kat

3 people like this

Posted

Lets not be silly guys I was in Japan when the warrior won the tournament. And he pretty much destroyed every class he fought. Its about skill lets not make excuses.