• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT1 Patch Notes

164 posts in this topic

Posted

What about economy? You guys have not mentioned anything about it (x changed or nothing changed, like for the others aspects of the game), and this makes me believe that you might not be aware of the problems that exists within the economy of black desert. Right now the economy of the game is dead on the ground because of the global auction houses, the price restrictions imposed on items and the inability to rob traders (killing a carriage will result only in bad karma - the items transported with the carriage are NOT lootable; unlike they were in the past and unlike the game was advertised as - i think that we all can remember the first trailer from PA with a trader running away from thieves in his carriage). The economy feels artificial and controlled, not player driven like PA proudly advertised their game, or better say, is still advertising.

I see that you've mentioned player to player trading, which is really important for economy too, which means that you are aware of this problem?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and you guys just omitted it :D

Bump until this is addressed/aknowledged. It's a MAJOR part of the game that claims to have sandbox elements.

Posted

Wizard hats ever going to be fixed? Or allow for them to be taken off so we just see the head.

Posted

So I was playing the Ranger class, my favorite, and noticed that it was very glitchy.

I found out that this is a glitch with the game right now.

I was wondering if you guys were aware of this and if you have any idea if it will be fixed in the upcoming betadays

Posted

I seek information on the patches. I log in, Patch, of course. Create character. Select connect, and connection is lost. This throws me completely out of the program, so I restart the program, and it patches again (different sized patch every time) I get to my character, This time it asks about screen smoothing and vibration. Upon answering these questions, I am allowed to connect and immediately the connection is lost. I do not choose confirm this time, choosing, instead to reconnect without confirm (which throws you to your desktop) and that gives me an invalid key code error, followed by my desktop.

Reopening the game for the third time, it patches yet again. After which I restart my computer just to be certain the patches are saved. After which I start the game and, it patches again. this is now 5 patches and zero actual game play. 

So far I am not encouraged to spend actual money to pre-order. Regardless of the amazing graphics.

Posted

Wizard hats ever going to be fixed? Or allow for them to be taken off so we just see the head.

They are able to be hidden in KR so we'll get that update eventually. Hopefully by launch. ;(

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok so far i am loving the game, here are my few things i would like to add a few suggestions. The ingame mail system needs attention. there is no notice atm if you have mail, i would like to point that out right away.. i would like to suggest as you move along from city to city the area's have more horses possibly spawning more often or a good amount of them. 

On to the questing portion of the game. The storyline and side quest i think it would be great to be able to open up your quest log and be able to keep track of the quest, for example the being able to see what is available to follow up on and continue the story line without going off track and missing out on important updates for the class or player.

The pot healing system again only my opinion, i think is a tad bit intense coming from mmo's that had heal class or support class to help keep a player alive or greatly increased incombat regens with gear and buffs.as of far i have not seen any buffs that help with any health or mana regen.

now the pets. having the cat and dog was cool having them pick up items for you, i think a great idea of them getting xp while they are out and running about would greatly increase the use of these pets. having to feed them at the current cost rate i can see a lot of players not using these pets, and being wasted space of data cost time money and efforts for the company.

the donkey mount, great idea for newbie players. now the cons to it, the donkey is extremely clumsy and slow moving, yes i know it gets faster but this will derail a player from using it as i have spoken to many players who soon as they tried it put it away and let it to rot, again wasted data and time and efforts.

these are just my opinions and suggestions. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok so far i am loving the game, here are my few things i would like to add a few suggestions. The ingame mail system needs attention. there is no notice atm if you have mail, i would like to point that out right away.. i would like to suggest as you move along from city to city the area's have more horses possibly spawning more often or a good amount of them. 

On to the questing portion of the game. The storyline and side quest i think it would be great to be able to open up your quest log and be able to keep track of the quest, for example the being able to see what is available to follow up on and continue the story line without going off track and missing out on important updates for the class or player.

The pot healing system again only my opinion, i think is a tad bit intense coming from mmo's that had heal class or support class to help keep a player alive or greatly increased incombat regens with gear and buffs.as of far i have not seen any buffs that help with any health or mana regen.

now the pets. having the cat and dog was cool having them pick up items for you, i think a great idea of them getting xp while they are out and running about would greatly increase the use of these pets. having to feed them at the current cost rate i can see a lot of players not using these pets, and being wasted space of data cost time money and efforts for the company.

the donkey mount, great idea for newbie players. now the cons to it, the donkey is extremely clumsy and slow moving, yes i know it gets faster but this will derail a player from using it as i have spoken to many players who soon as they tried it put it away and let it to rot, again wasted data and time and efforts.

these are just my opinions and suggestions. 

There are a few things that don't settle well.

Yes, you don't get an alert from mail, unless it is from auction.

I am totally against having more horses spawning more often. Then anyone could have a Tier 8 in no time and the horses would lose a lot of the value they have. There is a market just for them. Enough is that you can catch a tier 5.

The main quests are given by the black spirit. Most likely, you won't get lost. Right now, there is an issue with the level and the level of the quests that will be solved in the future.

I don't know which class are you playing, but there are passives. Example: archer has passive to regain mana for each attack. Personally, I don't think the game needs any sort of skill just to regain health. 

About the pets, is actually wrong. Pets are overly used, they are vital. Right now, you are most likely a low level player and you probably haven't found out a lot of ways to make money. Well, grinding at high levels, earns a lot of money and is done way faster with the use of pets. The cost of their upkeep is not as big as you may think. Also, there are recipes that fill the pets much better than the cheap food at stable. Pets are a really good deal.

Donkey is doing its function perfectly. It's your beginner mount. Only meant to be used when you start the game, that's it. No high level player will use it, cause is stupid lol is realism.

Those are just my points, but I think you need to know the game more ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

What about economy? You guys have not mentioned anything about it (x changed or nothing changed, like for the others aspects of the game), and this makes me believe that you might not be aware of the problems that exists within the economy of black desert. Right now the economy of the game is dead on the ground because of the global auction houses, the price restrictions imposed on items and the inability to rob traders (killing a carriage will result only in bad karma - the items transported with the carriage are NOT lootable; unlike they were in the past and unlike the game was advertised as - i think that we all can remember the first trailer from PA with a trader running away from thieves in his carriage). The economy feels artificial and controlled, not player driven like PA proudly advertised their game, or better say, is still advertising.

I see that you've mentioned player to player trading, which is really important for economy too, which means that you are aware of this problem?

Bump!

Posted

Bump

Posted

yEoVkOZ.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

That's just ridiculous...this game is just going to crap, you have to know that this is just stupid...

I was pretty annoyed at the protection, but probably shouldn't have said the game is going to crap.  They really did a lot of things to help pvp in this patch that weren't even listed...so I'm happy about that..however the protection is way to much and it should only be allowed prior to level 50.

Posted

Bump.

Posted

Player driven economy? Well... I can understand why people would like that. I certainly would.

But it basically requires entire game to be build around that. Everything: quests, drop rates, crafting time, crafting recipes, location of resources, IG currency sinks and IG currency faucets, PvP, item degradation rate... and certainly that Vigor/Energy stuff that people are complaining about. Unless you start designing your game with that feature in mind from the very start you will fuck it up.

I am for one happy that they implemented system that limits amount of crafting actions per day (Energy). Whats the point in crafting items when they become worthless due to excessive supply after some time? None, except you craft only for yourself which kinda defeats the purpose of player driven economy. Never underestimate production capabilities of your player base. Nerds have lots of time on their hands these days. Not to mention bots that certainly already exist on KE, JP and especially RUS version of this game.

Of course, there are other ways to achieve the same effect but they either require a lot of attention or are much harder to monetize. At least ones I can think of.

There is also one additional problem with player driven economy - its complex. In some MMOs with player driven economy, players designed entire programs to pull market data from the client and bots to survey said data. Although, due to its nature, every player partakes in player driven economy, amount of people who are willing to spend time analyzing the markets was traditionally very low. I think even lower in action rpg games.

Posted

Got the donkey from the quest, named it DonkeyPunch, and it sold within 1 minute on the market. With the money from the donkey and about 20min of fishing I bought a T3 horse. 

The donkey just reduces the amount of time you need to spend fishing. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska, after playing i see you did nothing, but hopfeuly you will

This CBT was a huge dissapointment. The russian client copy-pasted, but in english and with some eye catching changes (night, skin tones and such).

Problems you solved in Alpha are no longer solved this CBT. Are we repeating Korea again, where features get removed with each new stage the game enters?

The only good thing you did is the tax for gvg, other that that this cbt was completly pointless. You did nothing to improve the gameplay...

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

Bump

Posted

Why aren't you trying to resemble the Korean server instead of making changes that nobody seems to like, I really don't like the use of power points for crafting it feels like Archeage, I don't like the idea of not being able to craft whenever and whenever I want. 

Posted

In reference to the changes to the economy, we are reviewing the system and considering possible changes from our current build.  These considerations apply to the economy as a whole and to player to player trade.  As reflected in the patch notes, we have not altered the system from what existed in Alpha at this time.  When the decision is made it will be announced, not before.

Posted

Of course this will be taken into consideration, there are metrics that the CBT will be able to provide, while others have outstanding factors that will weigh upon the judgements.

Yes the number of protection slots is directly linked to the size of the guild.  I could be wrong, but I believe in both KR and CBT-1 that tool tip is incorrect.  I will put in a request for clarification just to be certain.

We have done this because the KR economy is drastically different from ours due to it's age.  For a long time now it has been the norm in KR that players can pick a profession and have it at master level in a matter of days.  Personally I was able to go from beginner to master cook in three days, this fact alone makes the progression of crafting trivial.  Players in KR are able to mass produce virtually any item, Beer and Carrot Juice, are both prime examples of what we want to avoid.  Again speaking from experience, players in the KR region are able to mass produce carrot juice virtually afk for an unlimited amount of time and sell it.  It has actually reached the point of saturation where it is better to vendor the item then to let them sit stagnate on the AH.  Please note that the examples I have given are specific, but do not cover all the items or examples that can be made.

Master in 3 days ? i highly doubt it,i have been playing since the CBTs on KR and no one reached the master level in such a short time span,even that being said there are a lot of players playing just to craft,adding vigor usage to crafting would just trash them away.

I was pretty annoyed at the protection, but probably shouldn't have said the game is going to crap.  They really did a lot of things to help pvp in this patch that weren't even listed...so I'm happy about that..however the protection is way to much and it should only be allowed prior to level 50.

Maybe they could swing around the maximum number but i'm against making it prior to level 50,there will always be people playing a little amount of time each day and logging in just to relax without the nuisance to get PK'd to finish off dailies.

In reference to the changes to the economy, we are reviewing the system and considering possible changes from our current build.  These considerations apply to the economy as a whole and to player to player trade.  As reflected in the patch notes, we have not altered the system from what existed in Alpha at this time.  When the decision is made it will be announced, not before.

It's really concerning how you guys are evaluating such matters,one of the peculiar points of BDO has always been keeping out Gold Sellers and such,let's make sure it stays this way without unnecessary p2p trade or you'll lose another big chunk of your overall playerbase.
And most importantly,let there be COMMUNICATION this time BEFORE you guys actually release the CBT2,we want to be notified on what you want to implement so we can give proper feedback about it,this CBT1 was a huge disappointment and there were so many things you could had handled better,as most of the veterans pointed out,just give us the KR client with karma changes and gvg changes,we'd be more than happy,because as it stands right now i feel like i'v trashed 100 bucks.

5 people like this

Posted

Right now the economy of the game is dead on the ground because of the global auction houses, the price restrictions imposed on items and the inability to rob traders (killing a carriage will result only in bad karma - the items transported with the carriage are NOT lootable; unlike they were in the past and unlike the game was advertised as - i think that we all can remember the first trailer from PA with a trader running away from thieves in his carriage). The economy feels artificial and controlled, not player driven like PA proudly advertised their game, or better say, is still advertising.

Which game has ever succeeded with a player driver economy? New players will be hammered to the ground after a while and it will be impossible to catch up.

You want to be able to loot carriages? This is like enabling p2p trade. I can just see millions of ways to abuse this to transfer money and items from one player to another. (not even mentioning Gold Sellers - they will become Item Sellers *+20 Items for your Credit Card*)

Grinding should not be so effective in a money-earning perspective as well. The balance should be in silver earning per hour per profession to make all of the professions equal.  

2 people like this

Posted

Grinding should not be so effective in a money-earning perspective as well. The balance should be in silver earning per hour per profession to make all of the professions equal.  

I agree with 100%. Now we can easly earn milions silver only on grind, where when we crafting, trading, do any other profession we gain realy small amount of silver. On infected mobs I in 1h can easly get 300k silver, when I cooking "good food" for pets and sell this in AH I can get something about 100-150k, because I must prepare materials for it and ofc I must have many work points. I just don't want say about trading, this is even worse.

1 person likes this

Posted

Glad to hear that you are still open to suggestions

Which game has ever succeeded with a player driver economy? New players will be hammered to the ground after a while and it will be impossible to catch up.

You want to be able to loot carriages? This is like enabling p2p trade. I can just see millions of ways to abuse this to transfer money and items from one player to another. (not even mentioning Gold Sellers - they will become Item Sellers *+20 Items for your Credit Card*)

Gold-Sellers are a tricky thing to fight.

The easy way is to prevent any money transfer from player to player possible, or any trade at all (vide Japan Version). Its a good solution but you are punish community withy it.

Easy way to transfer money / Goods / Items from Guild / Clan or Friends is essential to any MMO. Right now is like everyone need to Solo everything. In a MMO game is kinda strange to me. Even if your friends are willing to help you they simply cant.

.The normal way is to make a Report system worth something, and they will report mail SPAM. Moderators and Admins receive such report and investigate, if its valid you receive a some form of reward (maybe a point, maybe a simple token of appreciation, anything). Good idea is some form of reputation system, your reports are valid and you are giving something to the community, you receive points, your reports are scams you loosing your reputation.

There are lost of good Ideas and solutions.

1 person likes this

Posted

The easy way is to prevent any money transfer from player to player possible, or any trade at all (vide Japan Version). Its a good solution but you are punish community withy it.

Easy way to transfer money / Goods / Items from Guild / Clan or Friends is essential to any MMO. Right now is like everyone need to Solo everything. In a MMO game is kinda strange to me. Even if your friends are willing to help you they simply cant.

Of course you can help a friend!  You can power level a friend from 1 to 50 within a few hours (5 to 8 hours).
Let him pick up everything and he will end up with enough silver and Black Stones to have a decent +5 Armor set and +7 Weapon (at LEAST that much) to start the game and do whatever he wants, like leveling his favorite profession, helping the guild with quests or even grinding solo now. Who else went 50 with decent gear in 1 day? (even if the rates change drastically, this won't affect too much the 1-50 power leveling as even if you double the hours needed it's still a great help and result)

Progression in a game needs to come SLOWLY and progression should mean EFFORT.

Unfortunately there are way too many people that don't understand this anymore as in other MMOs they had it easy.

Block every trade and any p2p transaction, control everything with the system. Any loophole in the system will be abused 100%. The community will be more grateful if there is a balance and equality for everyone.  

Effort and time spend on the game should mean progression and better equipment. 

That is at least my humble opinion after more than a decade of playing MMOs.  

6 people like this

Posted

Agreed,i really hope the EU team isn't made by mainly casual players that won't notice how much of a problem implementing p2p trade is,as you mentioned even looting a carriage can create an environment where it is possible to p2w your way out again,but after watching them wanting to go with the RU trade i'm worrying they probably aren't aware of the problem it brings in.

Posted

Of course you can help a friend!  You can power level a friend from 1 to 50 within a few hours (5 to 8 hours).Let him pick up everything and he will end up with enough silver and Black Stones to have a decent +5 Armor set and +7 Weapon (at LEAST that much) to start the game and do whatever he wants, like leveling his favorite profession, helping the guild with quests or even grinding solo now. Who else went 50 with decent gear in 1 day? (even if the rates change drastically, this won't affect too much the 1-50 power leveling as even if you double the hours needed it's still a great help and result)

Progression in a game needs to come SLOWLY and progression should mean EFFORT.

Unfortunately there are way too many people that don't understand this anymore as in other MMOs they had it easy.

Block every trade and any p2p transaction, control everything with the system. Any loophole in the system will be abused 100%. The community will be more grateful if there is a balance and equality for everyone.  

Effort and time spend on the game should mean progression and better equipment. 

That is at least my humble opinion after more than a decade of playing MMOs.  

i love this guy.

1 person likes this