• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-1 Events

206 posts in this topic

Posted

Just out of curiosity does the beltfish have to be caught at crone castle or can't it be caught in velia? Ive just been seeing a lot of people wondering, and alot of people catching their beltfish in velia? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Fishing Tournament

• Start: Wednesday, Dec. 16th  8:00 a.m. CET [EU Server] / 2:00 a.m. EST [NA Server]

• End: Tuesday, Dec. 22nd  8:00 a.m. CET [EU Server] / 2:00 a.m. EST [NA Server]

Fishing is one of multiple professions in Black Desert, sporting over one hundred fish that are unique to different regions.  Some fish can only be found in freshwater, while others are exclusive to salt water.  When the Bait Master Tour begins, every player can make their way over to Cron Castle Cliff and try their luck at catching a Beltfish.  Once you have managed to catch one, take a screenshot of the fish in your inventory along with your character sheet and post it on the forums in the Fishing Tournament thread.  Every player that provides proof of their catch will be awarded a unique title once the game launches.

Cron Castle Cliff

zGQXVctjqoYJRmEZ9f4uqn_XgBEQaDZ_qwBK3uhi

If you are new to fishing and would like to participate in this event there are a few things you should try to do beforehand to make sure you are prepared.  Most importantly, you will need to get a fishing rod.  You can purchase one in Velia, from Fish Vendor Crio. Once you have that make your way to the Cron Castle Cliff.  To start fishing, all you have to do is equip the fishing rod, walk up to the water and hit space bar.  After a couple tries you should start catching fish and increasing your fishing skill.  Keep at it and you will be able to catch your own Beltfish to earn the title.

Hey I was just wondering does the fish HAVE to be caught at Cron Castle Cliff or can we catch one in Velia too? I just spent about 3 hours fishing and got one at last in Velia >_<

Posted

Quick Question. Does it need to be from the Castle area? or can i get it elsewhere? Like i see people posting on the fishing tourny post showing that they got it from Velia. Would be nice to know so i don't get it somewhere else and then not get the title.

Posted (edited)

Yupperz

Edited by NvrLucky

Posted

is the fishing one the only event that gets you a title?

Posted

1. Dye Away!

• Start: Thursday, Dec. 17th 9:00 a.m. CET [EU Server] / 3:00 a.m. EST [NA Server]

• Repeats every day at 9:00 a.m. CET [EU Server] / 3:00 a.m. EST [NA Server]

Black Desert provides an extensive dye system that actually allows you to dye various parts of your equipment.  We want to give everyone the chance to see the dye system, and let us know what you think about it.  To make sure each participant has this opportunity, we will send out five dye bundles, each with three dyes, every day of the closed beta test.  You will be able to apply these dyes to your equipment or, if you do not get the color you are looking for, you can combine any two dyes to get a new random dye.

NynnZXP.png

You can access the dye combination page by hitting Esc in game and then clicking the combine button.  Please note you do not need to be online to receive your dye, it will be delivered via the mail system

There was an issue with this event earlier today, it has been corrected, but you will find we had to send two mails to delivery all the dyes promised.  The issue is now sorted out, and tomorrow you will only receive one mail with all 5 of the daily dye bundles.

Posted

1. Fishing Tournament

• Start: Wednesday, Dec. 16th  8:00 a.m. CET [EU Server] / 2:00 a.m. EST [NA Server]

• End: Tuesday, Dec. 22nd  8:00 a.m. CET [EU Server] / 2:00 a.m. EST [NA Server]

Fishing is one of multiple professions in Black Desert, sporting over one hundred fish that are unique to different regions.  Some fish can only be found in freshwater, while others are exclusive to salt water.  When the Bait Master Tour begins, every player can make their way over to Cron Castle Cliff and try their luck at catching a Beltfish.  Once you have managed to catch one, take a screenshot of the fish in your inventory along with your character sheet and post it on the forums in the Fishing Tournament thread.  Every player that provides proof of their catch will be awarded a unique title once the game launches.

Cron Castle Cliff

If you are new to fishing and would like to participate in this event there are a few things you should try to do beforehand to make sure you are prepared.  Most importantly, you will need to get a fishing rod.  You can purchase one in Velia, from Fish Vendor Crio. Once you have that make your way to the Cron Castle Cliff.  To start fishing, all you have to do is equip the fishing rod, walk up to the water and hit space bar.  After a couple tries you should start catching fish and increasing your fishing skill.  Keep at it and you will be able to catch your own Beltfish to earn the title.

Fish Vendor Crio

tajucle.png

A lot of players have been asking for clarification on this event about where the fish has to come from.  You do not have to catch the fish at Cron Castle, you are free to catch it from anywhere in the game.  Those of you who caught it in Velia have nothing to worry about, that counts as a valid winner.

1 person likes this

Posted

A lot of players have been asking for clarification on this event about where the fish has to come from.  You do not have to catch the fish at Cron Castle, you are free to catch it from anywhere in the game.  Those of you who caught it in Velia have nothing to worry about, that counts as a valid winner.

Then at least give two titles:

1. Beta Fishing Hero
  2. Beta Fishing Cheater

If not: Get the Pitchforks 9_9 *Just Fun, no need to flame here*

Posted (edited)

1. Horse Whisperer

• Thursday, Dec. 17th – Sunday, Dec. 20th

• 08:00 p.m. CET [EU Server] / 10:00 p.m. EST [NA Server]

As some of you know, and others will soon find out, the Black Desert world is large.  Sometimes you need to get somewhere and running simply is not quick enough.  From Thursday through Sunday, our GMs will roam around the world between 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. to summon wild horses for you to see how taming works.  This will be a great time to learn the ropes and catch your first mount.  If you want to participate in this event, you will need to level your taming skill to Beginner Lv 5. You can do this by riding a donkey or vendor mount, available from every Stable-hand.

Yele3Y6.png

The practice horse taming event is great- but please tell me there wont be random wild tier 4-5 horses running around all the time x.x!  I personally think it would take the fun/reward out of breeding into them.

Edited by ShySiren

Posted (edited)

and i crafted my fishes...

Edited by Micela

Posted

1. Fishing Tournament

Cron Castle Cliff

Fish Vendor Crio

tajucle.png

does dried beltfish is counting too?

Posted

does dried beltfish is counting too?

No, dried fish do not count.

Posted

The practice horse taming event is great- but please tell me there wont be random wild tier 4-5 horses running around all the time x.x!  I personally think it would take the fun/reward out of breeding into them.

why would you want to spend time breeding now, when cbt gets wiped?  It takes a lot of time and silver to breed.

Posted (edited)

Aw, the Copycat event is Facebook only?  I just spent 2 hours recreating an actress..  (I don't use Facebook)

Edit: That image isn't it.  Forum glitch keeps making her face pop up, lol.

Edited by Maevynn

Posted (edited)

why would you want to spend time breeding now, when cbt gets wiped?  It takes a lot of time and silver to breed.

Breeding is my thing :) I'm not here to super hard level grind, I know this will get wiped. I'm just saying while the random T5 horse spawns are helping me test further breeding options in Beta, it's great for now. Just not for launch. Id much rather the reward of a high tier filly/colt from hard work and dedication.

Edited by ShySiren

Posted

Am I the only one having massive problems with taming a horse? It worked exactly one time (and the horse kicked me in the face once I got close, but that's alright), and I wasted the other 20+ lassos (and therefore a lot of money) for nothing, because as soon as I hit a horse with a lasso and the little minigame where you have to spam Space pops up, it says "Taming failed" and... well, that's it.

I watched every taming video and read every taming guide there is. Is it buggy, or am I just stupid?

Posted

you have to spam Space

There's your problem.

Posted

Well, the minigame consists of spamming the space button, so I don't really get what you're trying to say...?

Posted

Well, the minigame consists of spamming the space button, so I don't really get what you're trying to say...?

no, you tap SB only when the horse starts standing up and until it settles down.  SB any other time will break.  Feed 1 or 2 sugar before mounting.

Posted (edited)

Dat deer in the headlights look

http://imgur.com/eEfqIdU

Edited by Reigne Irkalla
3 people like this

Posted

no, you tap SB only when the horse starts standing up and until it settles down.  SB any other time will break.  Feed 1 or 2 sugar before mounting.

One or two? O.o

Let me tell you a story of this one horse. He was stuck behind a rock in the spawns and no one saw him but me. I tried taming him. Once, 6 sugar and he wasnt tamed. Twice, 7 sugar and he wasnt tamed. Third time, 8 sugar! Amd he was tamed. I shoulda named him Sugar for as greedy as he is for it... xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh. I just realized I traded a beltfish on the first day.

Um... how fucked am I? OFC I didn't take a screenshot >.<

Posted

One or two? O.o

Let me tell you a story of this one horse. He was stuck behind a rock in the spawns and no one saw him but me. I tried taming him. Once, 6 sugar and he wasnt tamed. Twice, 7 sugar and he wasnt tamed. Third time, 8 sugar! Amd he was tamed. I shoulda named him Sugar for as greedy as he is for it... xD

as I remembered it was rng, sugar for better chance, but no one knows if the luck stacked as I gotten them from anywhere between none and 4, but damn 8? Lol

Posted (edited)

Can the first post of this thread be edited to reflect this? There is a great deal of speculation still on the Channel chat and I would have loved to have known this before I spent 12+ hours fishing at Cron Castle. :S

Edited by Bae

Posted

Can the first post of this thread be edited to reflect this? There is a great deal of speculation still on the Channel chat and I would have loved to have known this before I spent 12+ hours fishing at Cron Castle. :S

Post edited for clarification.