• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Win = Lose - BDO Logic

135 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You farming Catfish for 6h, working on that 51-52 exp. Slooowly gaining a few percentages.

Random party of 5 people comes to Catfish, trying to compete with your group. Good guy Black Deserter group as you are, you kill these people. They come back, you kill them again, they come back and you kill them again. Bam, negative karma.

Now, you are at a major disadvantage since you can not even go into a city anymore and others can pretty much attack you freely. So, you'll be stuck for a few hours working on that karma while you have the entire server attack you. If you are unlucky and accidentally kill a few more, you might reach -400k karma and well, you'll spend the upcoming hours in pain with the high chance of loosing all exp you gained those 6h and the gems in your gear.

So, you won in open world PvP by defending your grinding spot. But in reality, BDO punished you to the hell of negative karma.

Win = Lose, logic of BDO at it's finest. Remove karma or heavily reduce it's game-breaking impact. :) 
@CM_Jouska

Edit to clear up some confusion:

You can only engage in war on 6 guilds at a time which limits you if there's 50+ guilds or something like on Jordine.
If another player is trying to PK you and you attack back and kill them, you lose 60k karma. - Source: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12313-cbt2-patch-notes/
This topic states a possible scenario that during pre-access alone have occured several times. - Even so, I do myself PK whenever I feel like another player is effecting my efficiency.
If you are unable to make a comment that does not have the words "carebear" "retard" "idiot" "upset" I'd like to remind you that this is the BDO forums, on a BDO related topic. It's not a kidergarden, chess extremist fanclub sites that promotes worthless posts.

Edit 2

I think the "remove" caused more hate than intended.

Ideally, for ME the system would heavily punish death and you'd gain  nearly nothing from killing someone. So disadvantages such as not being able to go into town and anyone being able to freely attack you anywhere if you are at negative karma really ruins it.

To find a balance where both PvE and PvP players would enjoy the game, what about this:

- PKing a positive karma they lose nearly nothing, maybe 0,5% - 1% exp.

- PKing a negative karma person they lose 2-3% and chance of losing a gem.

- You can go into town regardless of your karma and guards wont attack.

- Negative karma doesn't allow people to freely attack you, just makes your punishment if death harsher.

- Lose 40-50 karma on PK postivie karma player and lose 20-30 on negative karma player.

- If you defend yourself, it doesn't matter much if system is like this. Saves programming hours since "defending yourself" is a very hard thing to define and most likely even harder to program.

- Increase the amout of karma you gain by killing mobs. 20-30 per mob if you are at -400k takes forever and PvP minded people are forced to avoid all PvP except GvG for many hours. (Wpuld be different though with my suggested system)

So, these ideas support both PvE/PvP and Casual/Hardcore. There'd be absolutely no gain for someone to kill a PvE person and they lose nearly not on death. The PvP minded people would start to lose alot and take risks if they engage in alot of PvP but still be able to "pay for their sins" if they decide to take few days off PvP. It would turn the open world PvP into something fun and engaging yet not hurt the PvE players.

Edited by Caph
6 people like this

Posted

I've never engaged in pvp, but I'm assuming you wouldn't get negative karma if they hit you first? Or do you get negative karma as long as you kill someone regardless of who starts it?

Posted

I hate how carebear the system is. It should be way less punishing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Then big guilds will be able to lock down grind spots and prevent others from leveling.

18 people like this

Posted

Karma is a ----- with puppies. It strikes harder than the mightiest blade. You could have just shared, but that was not in your character. 9_9

11 people like this

Posted

You farming Catfish for 6h, working on that 51-52 exp. Slooowly gaining a few percentages.

Random party of 5 people comes to Catfish, trying to compete with your group. Good guy Black Deserter group as you are, you kill these people. They come back, you kill them again, they come back and you kill them again. Bam, negative karma.

Now, you are at a major disadvantage since you can not even go into a city anymore and others can pretty much attack you freely. So, you'll be stuck for a few hours working on that karma while you have the entire server attack you. If you are unlucky and accidentally kill a few more, you might reach -400k karma and well, you'll spend the upcoming hours in pain with the high chance of loosing all exp you gained those 6h and the gems in your gear.

So, you won in open world PvP by defending your grinding spot. But in reality, BDO punished you to the hell of negative karma.

Win = Lose, logic of BDO at it's finest. Remove karma or heavily reduce it's game-breaking impact. :) 
@CM_Jouska

They haven't implemented their new karma system yet, just hold your shit together for a couple more weeks.

Also learn to GvG instead of PKing people, a lot less of a hassle.

4 people like this

Posted

ok

why you attack first?

14 people like this

Posted

The karma system is harsh, but removing it entirely would result in more carebear QQ. So nty.

Posted (edited)

The karma system is specifically designed to stop you guys from mindlessly pvp-ing just like you've described.  It's not carebear, it's smart.  You're supposed to realize that the most efficient way to go about pvp is to join a guild and wage war.  Kill as many as you want through the guild war system.  It's honestly so much more fun.

Edit:  And not only will you be getting your pvp fix in, but you're actually fighting for control of nodes/regions and your entire guild will benefit from the taxes you'll rake in if you win control.

Edited by Saylen
typos
9 people like this

Posted

They haven't implemented their new karma system yet, just hold your shit together for a couple more weeks.

Also learn to GvG instead of PKing people, a lot less of a hassle.

Yeah, but fair fighting is to much work and takes a whole lot of time.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've never engaged in pvp, but I'm assuming you wouldn't get negative karma if they hit you first? Or do you get negative karma as long as you kill someone regardless of who starts it?

You do. The only point you dont take a karma hit is killing or hitting a player with super negative karma. Anyone else and you will lose karma. Its pretty damn stupid. If someone hits you and you kill them you shouldn't lose anything. They just want you to die and not be able to defend your self or your area without getting rekt by the karma system.

Edited by Mosharn

Posted

Well you shouldn't have gotten upset and killed them. You weren't being a "good guy" you were being one of those uptight brats who think the world belongs to them and got what was coming for you.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

the karma system is perfect the way it is.  stop whining and take it if you cant deal with it .

no one forced you to pk them in the first place.  

we have the less severe karma system, and yet you keep -----ing about it.    some people are just amazing

Edited by Aylindel
8 people like this

Posted

Fair fighting? What do you mean by that.

If my guild sees people where we want to farm we spend the 100k to GvG them and wipe them. If they come back, wipe them again. No karma lost, nothing to worry about.

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Stop whining

3 people like this

Posted

If my guild sees people where we want to farm we spend the 100k to GvG them and wipe them. If they come back, wipe them again. No karma lost, nothing to worry about.

that may encourage people into not joining any guilds

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This guy has it figured out ^^  follow his example.   Did i mention you collect taxes from the peasants O.o  who wouldn't want to get into a guild for organized world pvp?

Edited by Saylen

Posted

They are to add a few new things for karma, one karma will stack to 600k first of all and they are implementing their bounty hunter system whenever they figure out how to balance it correctly. The western community just loves to kill people, it's how any game with the ability to PK works when it comes to the west.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice mentality...MINE THESE ARE MINE !!! YOU DIE NOW !!!!

Oh shit umm we committed murder, ok so screw you guys for not letting me murder anyone i want whenever i want...

6 people like this

Posted

GvG is the way to deal what you described before, start a War, kill them till they get tired and keep farming.

Posted

this pretty much. The karma system only -----s ppl that have to defend them selves against other ppl(gvg not included)

Posted

PICS OR GTFO.

He ain't killed anyone, he is just trying to make devs change the system.

Posted

I would like to see how the new Karma system functions in life action, so to speak before I can comment on whether I think it's too punishing. I would like to give them a chance to try balance things out and test it with a solid player base.

Posted

that may encourage people into not joining any guilds

Then they lose out on quite a lot and an experience.

You lose guild perks which are like buff you earn over time. Ability to node and siege war. And if your guild allows it a nice daily payment.

The experiences you'll gain in this game whilst in a guild trump the experiences as a solo player in my opinion, for now at least. That''s all subject to change depending on how their new bounty system works and when Valencia arrives and all the solo pkers can live in the desert to isolate themselves.

Posted

Upset carebear stories like OP and serverdowns are the only reasons for me to return to these forums.

4 people like this