• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Win = Lose - BDO Logic

135 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

no it is not. if they attack you first the defender loses nothing enless he dies then he loses xp+crystals maybe. so think before you bring that up because its way it works and even streamers showcased it today  a group of 5 went to gank 3 other players and the 3 won and took no karma twice in a row that is how it works if you are going to attack then you are puting yourself at risk just as the defender does because they lose the same shit

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12313-cbt2-patch-notes/

• Attacking a player who has positive karma will cost you 3,000 karma.

• Killing a player who has positive karma will cost you 60,000 karma.

• Attacking a player who has negative karma will cost you 0 karma.

• Killing a player who has negative karma will cost you 0 karma.

• Maximum karma is 300,000.

If they did indeed change it to what the tome wiki says then im sorry for the wrong info but this is what they posted on the cbt2 notes and they didnt give an update on it.

Edited by Mosharn

Posted

You farming Catfish for 6h, working on that 51-52 exp. Slooowly gaining a few percentages.

Random party of 5 people comes to Catfish, trying to compete with your group. Good guy Black Deserter group as you are, you kill these people. They come back, you kill them again, they come back and you kill them again. Bam, negative karma.

Now, you are at a major disadvantage since you can not even go into a city anymore and others can pretty much attack you freely. So, you'll be stuck for a few hours working on that karma while you have the entire server attack you. If you are unlucky and accidentally kill a few more, you might reach -400k karma and well, you'll spend the upcoming hours in pain with the high chance of loosing all exp you gained those 6h and the gems in your gear.

So, you won in open world PvP by defending your grinding spot. But in reality, BDO punished you to the hell of negative karma.

Win = Lose, logic of BDO at it's finest. Remove karma or heavily reduce it's game-breaking impact. :) 
@CM_Jouska

lmao play nice, BUT if u want to pk then man up and except the consequences just like in real life, how hard is that to understand???

1 person likes this

Posted

This is wrong according to this: Black Desert Online Karma description

The OP is just mad because he had to share, he was just being a jerk and killed anyone because it's in his nature.

.That pretty much says it, he attacked first and not only that he attacked and killed the players over and over and over again. And now he's whinning because he struck first? Hmm kind of weird the griefer is crying because he griefs people? That's a freaking new one.

2 people like this

Posted

Lol your logic....

The game works as in rl... if you hit first and get killed, the other peson was acting in selfdefense... get your facts straight.

so someone punches you and you kill them. Thats selfdefense? Dont bring real life stuff and argue it within games. It doesn't work. Real life isnt limited to whats available in a game.

This is wrong according to this: Black Desert Online Karma description

The OP is just mad because he had to share, he was just being a jerk and killed anyone because it's in his nature.

They didnt show that in the patch notes from cbt2. They didn't give an update on it. Im not sure if that tome text is true. If it is then im sorry for the wrong info.

Posted

so someone punches you and you kill them. Thats selfdefense? Dont bring real life stuff and argue it within games. It doesn't work. Real life isnt limited to whats available in a game.

some people deserve to get pked irl .

1 person likes this

Posted

You killed people and are now a free bounty for anyone, actions have consequences, either PK people in the grind spot and deal with the consequences, or allow them to farm with you and don't.

Action, reaction, this is not a single player game where you and you alone are entitled to everything. fight for it and deal with it. or don't fight and share the grind spot while not being impacted by karma

Posted

some people deserve to get pked irl .

rofl god damn 2extreme

Posted (edited)

Really OP

You almost seem like someone who would break into someone house and try to rob them and break your leg trying to escape. Then after that you would try to sue that person you rob because you broke your leg in their house.

Edited by kage71
1 person likes this

Posted

You killed people over and over again (which gives your guild some negative karma too), Just because they where killing mobs where you where? I am sorry but unless you paid Daum or Pearl for that plot of land, I do not see why there is problem with them grinding. there are many other places to move on too.

Posted

You farming Catfish for 6h, working on that 51-52 exp. Slooowly gaining a few percentages.

Random party of 5 people comes to Catfish, trying to compete with your group. Good guy Black Deserter group as you are, you kill these people. They come back, you kill them again, they come back and you kill them again. Bam, negative karma.

Now, you are at a major disadvantage since you can not even go into a city anymore and others can pretty much attack you freely. So, you'll be stuck for a few hours working on that karma while you have the entire server attack you. If you are unlucky and accidentally kill a few more, you might reach -400k karma and well, you'll spend the upcoming hours in pain with the high chance of loosing all exp you gained those 6h and the gems in your gear.

So, you won in open world PvP by defending your grinding spot. But in reality, BDO punished you to the hell of negative karma.

Win = Lose, logic of BDO at it's finest. Remove karma or heavily reduce it's game-breaking impact. :) 
@CM_Jouska

Defending YOUR grinding spot? Ist not yours... Punishment? Thats right!

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think most of you have experienced the harsh life of negative karma. As mentioned many times, if someone else attacks you, and you try to defend yourself, you lose karma. So, if you have 3 people attacking you and you kill them, you lose 180k karma, if this happens again, you are way below negative. 

For someone who's been at -400k karma and spent immense amount of hours gaining it back, without being able to repair, store anything in the bank etc, that's a hell no one should have to experience.

For those who claim it's QQ, please read the post again. I merely describe a possible scenario and suggest that something needs to be done about it. You are all talking about whining, complaining, being stupid, upset carebear etc. If you are unable to post a comment without insulting on a topic that IS even being changed and heavily discussed, why do you bother to reply. Your reply shows more how a whining, complaining, being stupid, upset carebear you are if you are unable to reply to a suggestion to a current problem. :)

For the record, the post stated a possible scenario, however, yes I do PK everyone on sight who interfere with our groups grinding. But that doesn't mean we also get attack by others and defend ourself. If 1 person is unlucky enough to get the last hit on several people, that person is screwed for the rest of the day. :)

Posted

If OW PvP was balanced, they could reduce the Karma penalties, but did it ever occur to you that there is people who don't like PvP in a sandbox game? I know, shocker, right?

Btw what is it with all the idiots writing 'carebear'?! Its like high school all over again, two weeks of stupid 14yo kids playing the harlem shake at each corner because it's 'in'. Dafuq get creative, kiddos.

Posted

the mechanics are in the game for a reason, think yourself lucky as stated if pvp was "Free" with no kind of punishment system in place the likelyhood of any "grind" spot known would be in lock down by the big guilds.

good luck with that with your " i hate carebear system" its not actually a carebear system its a system in place to stop unfair play in general.

if you was in an arcade and their was one machine which had 3 people waiting to play but you wanted to play without sharing and instead of waiting your turn or taking turns in general you shot both of them and just played anyways do you think you would go unpunished?

same principle just a bit different circumstances

Posted

I don't think most of you have experienced the harsh life of negative karma. As mentioned many times, if someone else attacks you, and you try to defend yourself, you lose karma. So, if you have 3 people attacking you and you kill them, you lose 180k karma, if this happens again, you are way below negative. 

For someone who's been at -400k karma and spent immense amount of hours gaining it back, without being able to repair, store anything in the bank etc, that's a hell no one should have to experience.

For those who claim it's QQ, please read the post again. I merely describe a possible scenario and suggest that something needs to be done about it. You are all talking about whining, complaining, being stupid, upset carebear etc. If you are unable to post a comment without insulting on a topic that IS even being changed and heavily discussed, why do you bother to reply. Your reply shows more how a whining, complaining, being stupid, upset carebear you are if you are unable to reply to a suggestion to a current problem. :)

For the record, the post stated a possible scenario, however, yes I do PK everyone on sight who interfere with our groups grinding. But that doesn't mean we also get attack by others and defend ourself. If 1 person is unlucky enough to get the last hit on several people, that person is screwed for the rest of the day. :)

Let me stop you there pal.... 1. Do you know what the word "hypothetical" means? Now if you do then you should have place it in your statement from the start of this whole conversation. 2. There's nothing in any of the pages that have been brought stating that a player who is DEFENDING himself gets any type of negative karma. 3. You can still attack three people at the same time first pal. If you hit all three people then you ARE the attacker AND  NOT THE DEFENDER.

1 person likes this

Posted

You farming Catfish for 6h, working on that 51-52 exp.

I stopped reading there. Just another entitled whiny and selfish PvPer crying about other kids spoiling his game.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well, you want all the spot for yourself? That's what you get.

Basically you're saying that every new player cannot go farming anywhere because stronger people should be able to kill them without any repercussion?

That would be a mess, and new people would just quit, carebears or not.

Declare war if you want to kill some people in particular.

Edited by Idahal

Posted

Let me stop you there pal.... 1. Do you know what the word "hypothetical" means? Now if you do then you should have place it in your statement from the start of this whole conversation. 2. There's nothing in any of the pages that have been brought stating that a player who is DEFENDING himself gets any type of negative karma. 3. You can still attack three people at the same time first pal. If you hit all three people then you ARE the attacker AND  NOT THE DEFENDER.

1. I do and if you think that my lack in english skills is worth making a post about, I don't think you read the topic. If It write "If someone", doesn't that imply that it's something that could occur but not necessarily have occured? If not, excuse my english please.

2. There is indeed, please read again. I assumed it was common knowledge by now either way.

3. Oh I know that, but if you are farming, and they attack you. You try to defend yourself and win, you lose the 180k karma. Regardless of who that attacks first. I really can't see any logical point in this sentence. :)

Posted (edited)

1. I do and if you think that my lack in english skills is worth making a post about, I don't think you read the topic. If It write "If someone", doesn't that imply that it's something that could occur but not necessarily have occured? If not, excuse my english please.
2. There is indeed, please read again. I assumed it was common knowledge by now either way.

3. Oh I know that, but if you are farming, and they attack you. You try to defend yourself and win, you lose the 180k karma. Regardless of who that attacks first. I really can't see any logical point in this sentence. :)

Please prove me that #2... because anywhere i read its the opposite, you actually gain karma... (no clue about gaining Karma, but atleast sure about not losing any)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/28778-why-do-you-get-karma-for-defending-yourself-from-pker/

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Karma

Quit spreading dung...

Edit: http://imgur.com/gallery/HYmbT1e/new

A pic describing the Karma System.

Edited by Biosource

Posted (edited)

You don't take bad karma if you get attacked first. If someone attack you first he/she will become red and be killable by all without repercussions to those doing the killing.

If you did get bad karma it means you were the one to strike first thus becoming the attacker not the defender. This means you were the one who attacked first to prevent them from farming where you were farming (you've been at it for 6 hours straight... and you can't share or go elsewhere...or just take a break...) and now you complain because you've gotten bad karma?!

This is exactly why this system was implemented. To prevent what you did to become the norm and prevent new players or smaller guild from being steamrolled constantly by gankers like yourself TC/OP... 

Edited by WilhemFaust

Posted

No you dont lose anything if you dont attack first. Stop spreading misinformation. 

And please add some <3 xoxoxo to that :)  to make it more typical.

Posted

I stopped reading there. Just another entitled whiny and selfish PvPer crying about other kids spoiling his game.

Thanks Kat +1 for you, really tired of the self entitled babies.

Posted (edited)

Please prove me that #2... because anywhere i read its the opposite, you actually gain karma... (no clue about gaining Karma, but atleast sure about not losing any)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/28778-why-do-you-get-karma-for-defending-yourself-from-pker/

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Karma

Quit spreading dung...

Edit: http://imgur.com/gallery/HYmbT1e/new

A pic describing the Karma System.

First is just a topic? With opinions like in this thread, half wrong, half correct.

Second is Korean system, not even close to what we have.

Third is what thy are thinking abou implementing, not at all how our system works. 

Please validate sources.

Se reply below regarding#2

No you dont lose anything if you dont attack first. Stop spreading misinformation. 

And please add some <3 xoxoxo to that :)  to make it more typical.

You can ONLY attack back if that atacker directy hits you with an attack, meaning that if its a 5v5 fight like explained in my post, and the enemy attacks 1 person, the rest of your group has to toggle PvP to defend and help which makes them lose karma, this is the most common ocassion. 

I also updated my post 1 to include more detailed thoughts, fyi.

Edited by Caph

Posted

OP is either dumb or trolling. I'm leaning toward trolling but dumb is a close second.

Posted

And to add: "Your" is not equal to owned/owning. "Your grinding spot" refers to the location you are currently occupying and trying to keep control over, something that all competitive players do. 

OP is either dumb or trolling. I'm leaning toward trolling but dumb is a close second.

Your post is the pure definition of worthlessness. It adds zero value what so ever. Just fyi 

Posted

always wondered, what makes it YOUR farmspot? everyone has the same right to play whereever whatever they want in their time.

New players these days have zero respect for farming.

If someone is there first, leave them to their grind spot or prepare to pvp.