• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Win = Lose - BDO Logic

135 posts in this topic

Posted

Well you shouldn't have gotten upset and killed them. You weren't being a "good guy" you were being one of those uptight brats who think the world belongs to them and got what was coming for you.

How ironic.
Wouldnt that also apply to the people saying open world pking is bad? Thinking the world belongs to them? Lol..

Posted

The karma system is there specifically designed to stop you guys from mindlessly pvp-ing just like you've described.  It's not carebear, it's smart.  You're supposed to realize that the most efficient way to go about pvp is to join a guild and wage war.  Kill as many as you want through the guild war system.  It's honestly so much more fun.

Edit:  And not only will you be getting  your pvp fix in, but you're actually fighting for control of nodes/regions and your entire guild will benefit from the taxes you'll rake in if you win.

I have to say it Saylen........

You totally get it.

Nuff Said!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't see the problem. The OP ruthlessly ganked a random group multiple times then paid the price. Whats the point of this post again? If you have the balls to go full on PvP you would have engaged in a guild war instead of needlessly raping on randoms, then get -----d by the entire server in return.

Seems like BDO is working as intended.

Edited by Kexin
2 people like this

Posted

so what about carebear PKer who cry about some karma ?

Carebear PKer? Is this a alternate reality?

Posted

I don't see the problem. The OP ruthlessly ganked a random group multiple times then paid the price. Whats the point of this post again? 

Should be able to kill whoever you want without any penalty. Anyone who likes this current system is a carebear. WoW pvp servers are 100x better than this. You can kill anyone at any level and there's no penalty. You can be lvl 20 in WoW and get killed by lvl 100's. Only thing you can do is get your level and ilevel up.

Posted

Carebear PKer? Is this a alternate reality?

Ideed, it's internet ! nothing make sense anymore

Posted

Should be able to kill whoever you want without any penalty. Anyone who likes this current system is a carebear. WoW pvp servers are 100x better than this. You can kill anyone at any level and there's no penalty. You can be lvl 20 in WoW and get killed by lvl 100's. Only thing you can do is get your level and ilevel up.

Are you some sort of retard who did not read on how the game works before you leveled to 50 then complained? What's your next brilliant insight, this game sucks because of no raids?

Posted

yes, nerf karma pls, way too oppressing 

Posted

Karma is the best

Posted (edited)

So you pk some people, that came to fish .. While you were fishing .. Then go on forum and complain about karma... I'm sorry i didn't know it was your beach/river/ocean :( i'll keep that in mind next time.

Edit. Taking the kek's aside, i agree that the Karma system should be removed, its a cancer to this game.

Edited by Nignog

Posted

And I am still waiting for him to answer your question lol. Hmmm guess we won't get that answer.

I guess i will waste my time by answering a stupid question like that.

Farm spots are something to compete about, they are the only thing in the game could in theory be worth killing other players over. So yes, fighting over grind spots should be a thing, it gives purpose to pvp.

However as it currently is much like the poster has pointed out that killing people trying to come into a grind spot you currently occupy will punish you instead as long as they keep coming again and again. Which is a pity since it once again, is the only thing really worth fighting over in the first place. For a ''sandbox'' game it is pretty silly.

Posted

I don't think removing the karma system is the right decision, just cause you like anarchy, doesnt mean all do.

In other games, WoW for example it doesnt even matter if you die or not, here you actually take penaltiesto your armor and gems... If they would remove it, they would have to make a whole overhaul on the system.

Posted

So you pk some people, that came to fish .. While you were fishing .. Then go on forum and complain about karma... I'm sorry i didn't know it was your beach/river/ocean :( i'll keep that in mind next time.

Edit. Taking the kek's aside, i agree that the Karma system should be removed, its a cancer to this game.

BTW, people don't (mostly) fish at the Catfish spot. They kill Catfishmen for XP and drops. It's probably the best farming location in the game until the Mediah expansion.

Posted

at least your not getting de-leveled and losing equips.. Lineage II and Helbreath was even worst back in the days

Posted

OP, did they hit you and you retaliated, or did you hit them and they retaliated?  The former, you're fine - no negative karma.  The latter, you're at fault for seeing competition where there might not be any.

Only thing I can think of that might skirt this - and I'm just theorizing since I'm still low-level myself - is if they let one member of their party provoke you, and your group attacks the entire party who might not be flagged.  Not sure if one flagged member flags the whole group or not.  Anyway, if it works like this and they exploited that, then you'd get negative karma for the non-flagged guys you attack and kill.

Posted (edited)

I guess i will waste my time by answering a stupid question like that.

Farm spots are something to compete about, they are the only thing in the game could in theory be worth killing other players over. So yes, fighting over grind spots should be a thing, it gives purpose to pvp.

However as it currently is much like the poster has pointed out that killing people trying to come into a grind spot you currently occupy will punish you instead as long as they keep coming again and again. Which is a pity since it once again, is the only thing really worth fighting over in the first place. For a ''sandbox'' game it is pretty silly.

So according to you, only high lvls with good gear are allowed to farm the good spots... screw the weak.

yea, sounds like a fun game... for a few atleast ¬¬

Edited by Biosource

Posted

Note to self .... catfish = bad juju.

Posted

Haha

What a failthread

Litterally a horde of carebears completely unable to understand that being able defending a grind spot is OWPvP 101. OP killed people so he must be the bad guy right ? Of course having your grind ninja'd and hours of resources (XP/silver/loot) wasted because some random come in and decide it's theirs, not yours, and there's nothing you can do because EQUALITYYYYY and killing is bad.

I know right, ninja'ing someone's spot is certainly not a ----- move. PK is obviously the ----- move.

-----ing tunnel vision, 0 perspective. Most grind areas can be locked down by a single 5 man team. Throw in a second team and it becomes almost pointless to keep farming. So either you go PK, either GvG but chances are they're not from the same guild. So PK is the actual best answer, especially because they will lose XP. GvG death is merely respawn, rince and repeat, nothing stops them from coming back.

Maybe you guys will understand once you get out of bot pack fishing next to Velia storage and farming Imps.

1 person likes this

Posted

Personally I love the fact that gankers get theirs in the end. What makes you think you have more right to farm there than anyone else? Your snowflake color is white like the rest of us. 

Posted

Unrestricted PvP is bad. Not even EVE allowed that. The karma system is intended to prevent this and from what the OP described, it's working as intended. And don't give me this "we're defending our grind spot" garbage because if they were out there grinding for hours then they didn't come there to PvP. Instead they saw a weaker group looking for EXP then ganked them over and over again. 

They got exactly what they deserved. Don't go around murdering randoms then cry like a biatch about it like you're the victim.

1 person likes this

Posted

The fact that 90% of the retards in this thread lacked the reading comprehension to even understand the words the OP is speaking is just a nice microcosm as to what a worthless activity it is to converse with the pool of retardation that is this forum (and most official forums in general).

Someone needs to make a L2Blah type forum for this game already. The signal to noise ratio is frighteningly bad on both this forum and the reddit.

Posted

The Karma system is fine, you're supposed to fight for controls of nodes and castles, not a PvE grind spot.

If you want to fight over the grind spots, then GvG. This is only an issue at the moment because there is one 50+ grind spot, it will be less of an issue once Mediah is released and people can grind in multiple locations.

Besides, the patch today nerfs the Catfish, as I assume they don't want you to go too far beyond 50 before Mediah arrives.

Posted (edited)

The Karma system is fine, you're supposed to fight for controls of nodes and castles, not a PvE grind spot.

If you want to fight over the grind spots, then GvG. This is only an issue at the moment because there is one 50+ grind spot, it will be less of an issue once Mediah is released and people can grind in multiple locations.

Besides, the patch today nerfs the Catfish, as I assume they don't want you to go too far beyond 50 before Mediah arrives.

PVP with no penalties for dying (GvG) is pointless. OWPVP is the only PVP that matters in a blatant lineage II clone (literally designed by lineage II developers) like this game.

Implementing the Lineage II Karma system would be both easy and painless.

It basically only allows PvP between people who want to PvP.

Current system literally means no-one can actually kill anyone in any serious way (even between 2 consenting parties), which makes it literally more carebear than any other pvp MMO I have ever seen.

Edited by Communism

Posted (edited)

This is wrong according to this: Black Desert Online Karma description

The OP is just mad because he had to share, he was just being a jerk and killed anyone because it's in his nature.

I don't understand why the game itself links to this stupid wiki where most of the information are outdated or probably relevant to the korean versions not ours.

The values for our current version are 6K for hitting and 60K for killing not 10K then 100K like stated so for all I know to this day the defender is also punished despite what the wiki says. And if this is the case this is plain stupid, if someone attacks you you should be to retaliate without any consequence.

Edit: http://imgur.com/gallery/HYmbT1e/new

A pic describing the Karma System.

The pic comes from this thread and it clearly says: "Below you will find an updated flowchart outlining a potential Flagging and Karma system, as with the Bounty System this is still just conceptual". So this is not the system currently in place.

Edited by DLM3

Posted

Please READ the main topic again before you reply as it has some edits in it that possibly changes your viewpoint.

I'm glad to see that there's actually quite a bunch of people who took the time to read the post before replying.

Seems to be 3 groups of people replying

PvE (commonly refered to as carebears) who are afraid of them getting constantly ganked by the hardcore PvP players.
PvP minded people who like the Open world PvP that Black Desert has and agree that it isn't working in anyone's favour at the moment.
Random, brainless trolls who jump to personal assaults and contribute nothing to the topic.

So, a few things: Alot of talk about share the grinding spot, then my question to you, in what possible situation would PKing be "allowed"? If you are not "allowed" to PK people that are taking your grinding spot, when is it possible okay? Personal vendettas? The idea that you can try to controll something beneficial to you is everything in black desert OW PvP right now. There's no gains from killing a person other than satisfying personal needs or try to ensure no one steals your mobs.

GvG only works against 6 guilds unless they declare war on you. Amongst the 50+ guilds on the sever + the guildless people, the chances that the person you'll see is not in war with you is very high. 

I've edited in a few things into the main topic so that it better suits the majority. I do personally still beleive in the complete removal of Karma but I understand that it would hurt the PvE community, hence why balancing it is more important.

And for all of you supporting the Karma system. BDO has publicly announced that it is an issue that they are trying to work on coming up with the best solution for. This thread, which I noted a community manager in was made based on personal experience to in some way, influence the decision on the karma system while getting replies from others. Meaning, if you have no contribution to the thread other than bashing another person, your as beneficial to the topic as a grandma at an IT convention.