• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please change maintenance times in the future for EU

90 posts in this topic

Posted

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/67

As you can see here, it seems that yet again, Europe is on the short end of the stick when it comes to maintenance schedules. If these timers are the ones being followed in the future, please consider making a separate maintenance for EU with a more sensible schedule.

The U.S.  one is normal and follows the logic that at night you go to sleep and you wake up and the game is up and running, but in europe the game goes offline just when everyone is about to wake up and getting ready to play.

That seems oddly unfair and I've seen it happen quite a number of times in other games.

This is directed to European players, ofc. 

27 people like this

Posted

+1 to this, completely agree. Although it might put some more work on the staff, it would be truly appreciated if you would do the maint during a time when EU people are asleep, for the EU maint of course.

1 person likes this

Posted

i think wow was a Wednesday afternoon for EU players.  It might just a be an EU thing.  just get a job like the rest of us, damn hippies :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Get out. Get a job.

This is the most perfect schedule I've ever seen, as it starts when I get to work and ends just as I'm done at work.

If you don't like it, get off welfare.

3 people like this

Posted

Some of us has evening jobs :) 

6 people like this

Posted

Get out. Get a job.

This is the most perfect schedule I've ever seen, as it starts when I get to work and ends just as I'm done at work.

I work mostly afternoon/nights.

But thanks for letting everyone know you're a jerk.

20 people like this

Posted

Get out. Get a job.

Wow what a spiteful ignorant comment. Do you really think every person in the world follows the same schedule as you?

5 people like this

Posted

+1

Posted

Excuse me? Peak hours Australian time here 7pm till 1pm and it sucks for you?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think this schedule is a one time thing just for the release. This is just my opinion though and i could be wrong!

Posted (edited)

Excuse me? Peak hours Australian time here 7pm till 1pm and it sucks for you?

Just because it's even worse for you, doesn't make it less worse for us.

ATM, only the U.S. has a good maintenance schedule

Edit: also, as stated this is directed for European players. If you don't like yours, you can contribute here and say the schedules need rework or make your own thread and suggest it. 

Edited by ChikCen

Posted

+1 to this, completely agree. Although it might put some more work on the staff, it would be truly appreciated if you would do the maint during a time when EU people are asleep, for the EU maint of course.

When we're asleep, the down under players are awake and they'll start to complain... Not to mention, Daum is a Dutch company and I doubt the staff wants to work in the middle of the night just to please part of the player base...

Posted

Just because it's even worse for you, doesn't make it less worse for us.

ATM, only the U.S. has a good maintenance schedule

Edit: also, as stated this is directed for European players. If you don't like yours, you can contribute here and say the schedules need rework or make your own thread and suggest it. 

Already done that an hour ago sir.

Posted

yeah they should be changed i 100% agree 

Posted

I work graves so by the ime i get home the game will be up and running, so if we are saying "do stuff cuz its convenient for me!" Thing then, DAUM, dont change a damn thing xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Get out. Get a job.

not everyone works the same times..................pretty sure 90%+ have jobs here...

Posted (edited)

well if is possible i'll agree with OP but if they choose to do like this maybe there is a reason.

i still dont have a job(not a my choose) but for who says 'get a job' there are people that work during afternoon/night so the only time that can play is morning, for this reason
i agree with OP cuz the hours where mostly people are not busy(with work/school or whatever) is late night

Edited by Ruka

Posted

On the korean BDO servers the maintenance times were always very early in the morning, like 5:00 am to 8:00 am Korean time, hopefully it will be the same for the EU servers in the future.

Posted

First ever maintenance and everyone is losing their shit. If the problems need fixing now they cant fix them later. And besides normal people usually work from morning same as those who still attend school. 

Posted

not everyone works the same times..................pretty sure 90%+ have jobs here...

Sure, but Europeans working in the afternoon is 10%-20% of the amount of people who work in the day.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Posted

So by your logic that would mean early morning and servers up at 0800 utc

Posted (edited)

First ever maintenance and everyone is losing their shit. If the problems need fixing now they cant fix them later. And besides normal people usually work from morning same as those who still attend school. 

If you read the post, I said if these is the schedule being followed in the future to please rethink it to one more in line with the U.S. Just to avoid bad timing in the future so Daum is aware these timers are good for U.S. players and bad for European. Even worse for Australians.

Also, as it is, it isn't only morning. It ends up at 15.00. Unless future maintenance drastically reduce timers, It'll be much better for EU players to have it start at 1 or 2 am and let it be ready in the early morning, for example.

Edited by ChikCen

Posted

This I believe is a one off 'special' maintenance but a regular schedule of out-of-core-hours maintenance windows is what all regions would prefer I guess. There will always be someone Impacted and I am sure by monitoring the logins over the next few weeks DAUM can work out when fewest people will be impacted and schedule accordingly.

Posted

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/67

As you can see here, it seems that yet again, Europe is on the short end of the stick when it comes to maintenance schedules. If these timers are the ones being followed in the future, please consider making a separate maintenance for EU with a more sensible schedule.

The U.S.  one is normal and follows the logic that at night you go to sleep and you wake up and the game is up and running, but in europe the game goes offline just when everyone is about to wake up and getting ready to play.

That seems oddly unfair and I've seen it happen quite a number of times in other games.

This is directed to European players, ofc. 

image.jpg

Posted

If you read the post, I said if these is the schedule being followed in the future to please rethink it to one more in line with the U.S. Just to avoid bad timing in the future so Daum is aware these timers are good for U.S. players and bad for European. Even worse for Australians.

Also, as it is, it isn't only morning. It ends up at 15.00. Unless future maintenance drastically reduce timers, It'll much better EU players to have it at start at 1 or 2 am and let it be ready in the early morning, for example.

You cleary didnt read the title...EU maintenance...EU CORAL