• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The dream

17 posts in this topic

Posted

i love everything about this game... those who love pve like i do , do not give up , as the developers are listening to everything we say.

now i know alot of you are worrying about endgame content i mean come on all that grinding then what? alot of the people will just go pvp and have fun without a worry, but some of us want raids and dungeons and like a que system that will enter us into dungeons from a certain level like lets say you reach level 20 and you want to que up for a dungeon instead of questing etc.. but it seems like BDO wants you to quest all the time instead of skipping it and moving on.. so i don't know  i just really hope they add dungeons and raids, if we keep asking for it , i know they will implement it , it will take time but it will be well worth it and this will be the best damn game ever. 

Posted

i think you should play the game before having an opinion about it.

2 people like this

Posted

this was rude and not called for. you are perfectly able to make your own opinions on a game however you like.

also to be noted is that they never state if they have or havent played the game.

that being said, there is 1 dungeon and another 2 on the way, the current one is an open air dungeon and i dont know anything about the loot it does or doesnt have

the new 2 will have unique loots though and will be accessed by finding shifting sands, presumably in the desert

i do not think they will have a queue for any of them in the future though, it just doesnt seem like it would fit in at all with the game

Posted

Instance and queue or LFG system.. Please no, that just kill social interaction in mmorpg ~~

btw you can find dugeons (caves, temple, etc) in the world, it's like small dungeons with big guys in, the future dungeons are on the same way, (world boss too) that's really cool !

Posted

They've really gotta add more PvE content. Only having 1 (or even 3 as you say) dungeon(s) is ridiculous. To me dungeons are a massive part of what makes an mmorpg an mmorpg. The open world and the quests in it are always soloable, you can go through the grind by yourself just like you would in a single player rpg. However, dungeons that require player cooperation are what makes the game feel like an mmo. Think about it, if all you're doing is killing mobs by yourself in an open world what is the game other than a single player rpg with the added annoyance of other people killing the mobs you need to kill? I spent my $100 on the founders pack, but honestly I'm looking at it as a risky investment that currently isn't worth it, but that hopefully in the future will be. I really hope they work on adding a significant number of dungeons and/or raids to the game.

Posted (edited)

Instance and queue or LFG system.. Please no, that just kill social interaction in mmorpg ~~

btw you can find dugeons (caves, temple, etc) in the world, it's like small dungeons with big guys in, the future dungeons are on the same way, (world boss too) that's really cool !

Are you serious? How do instances/queues and LFGs kill social interaction? They CREATE social interaction. LFG - "Looking for GROUP", you're looking for a GROUP of people, that is  pretty much the definition of social interaction! Running around open world areas, soloing quests, that's what kills social interaction. When there are instances that require parties then you are forced to interact, you can't just solo everything. A queue automatically groups you with other people, therefore forcing social interaction. What you said is literally completely backward, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by SpydersByte
grammar

Posted (edited)

Yeah so WOW/Wildstar and all of the 99999 theme park are exemple for social interaction ?

Just speak with other people, make friend, group and travel the world to find an old temple with big guys in, isn't better for an open world ?

Queue are just "hi rush please, Bye" and instance dont fit with an open world

You can have boss, dungeons in an openworld without queue, instance or something taken in themepark ~~

Really think that for people dungeon = instance ...

Edited by sebz

Posted (edited)

To me dungeons are a massive part of what makes an mmorpg an mmorpg. 

that's because you only played WoW and Wow-clones.

openworld = mmo to me , everyone in the same instance not groups of people who just waits in town to get in a queue and get teleported in a 5-man instance.
you should try vindictus it is EXACTLY Black Desert but fully instanced, full PVE.

Edited by Sizer
1 person likes this

Posted

The one thing about MMO's is they constantly evolve, so what might not be there now, will be in time.

Posted

As someone who loves PvE, I would really like to see BDO take a page from Jagex's model in Runescape. Now before everyone starts the hate, RS had open world bosses with crazy drops that made for one of the most rewarding PvE experiences ever. There were non instanced dungeons, solo bosses, and plenty of mobs to farm for rare drops and xp. I think this works great with a multiple channel system, and could work here. Note I am not saying copy what they did, and it will work perfectly, but it was a wonderful system that supported a healthy community and trade system between players, all while being one of the most in depth sandbox mmorpgs. 

An example would be a non instanced cave or area that was decently hard to farm through, or you had to farm 100+ drops from mobs to trade their items in to gain access to an area.

Once in this area there would be an open world boss that had a slower spawn timer, and was very hard to kill. You could hop channels to find an open world if there were Guilds camping the spawn. This is where potion balance should be addressed. You should be forced to only be able to farm a couple kills per trip, which would add to the difficulty of these types of bosses.

Just some ramblings of someone who hopes they add some more cool PvE features to the game!

Posted

Something like that is planned in the future, they want to add more boss and dungeon, just need to be different of "mass pv" mob.

Posted

this was rude and not called for. you are perfectly able to make your own opinions on a game however you like.

also to be noted is that they never state if they have or havent played the game.

that being said, there is 1 dungeon and another 2 on the way, the current one is an open air dungeon and i dont know anything about the loot it does or doesnt have

the new 2 will have unique loots though and will be accessed by finding shifting sands, presumably in the desert

i do not think they will have a queue for any of them in the future though, it just doesnt seem like it would fit in at all with the game

its not rude, its my input, hence forum : \ it wasnt even written that way. also its fairly obvious they have never played the game, that was blatantly clear from every statement they made being the opposite of bdo's situation right now. people who make observations based on youtube videos and twitch streams are most often misinformed and are going off of other people's opinions.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah so WOW/Wildstar and all of the 99999 theme park are exemple for social interaction ?

Just speak with other people, make friend, group and travel the world to find an old temple with big guys in, isn't better for an open world ?

Queue are just "hi rush please, Bye" and instance dont fit with an open world

You can have boss, dungeons in an openworld without queue, instance or something taken in themepark ~~

Really think that for people dungeon = instance ...

Are  you saying there's no social interaction in any mmorpg? lol and that this one will somehow be different?

I personally hate WoW, but in every mmo the possibility of seeking out other people and making friends is of course available. Why are you citing it as though it's something special? Every mmo has a world in which you are free to search for friends to play with.

If you don't talk to people you are grouped with that is your own issue, I don't see how you can possibly argue that it is not just another opportunity to meet people to play with though. Instead of having to actively search for people, you are given people, and a chance to interact. It's just another opportunity so the fact that you're saying it takes something AWAY from social interaction is just crazy.

Posted

that's because you only played WoW and Wow-clones.
openworld = mmo to me , everyone in the same instance not groups of people who just waits in town to get in a queue and get teleported in a 5-man instance.
you should try vindictus it is EXACTLY Black Desert but fully instanced, full PVE.

Way to assume what I've played. I've been involved in dozens of MMOs, WoW not being among them. What you don't seem to understand is that an open world is par for the course, it's the base on which everything else is built. Almost every mmo has some form of open world, it is not something special. Sure, some are broken into continents rather than one seamless massive area, but they're still huge open areas full of mobs. Hell, even single player games nowadays have massive open worlds. I'm not arguing against that, I'm arguing for the need for more content in that world.

In all mmos the open world is something you can solo and something that, if you want a group, you must actively search for. Good luck finding someone who is at the exact same point in the game as you, and someone who wants to work at your pace, or that will be online only when you are. Interaction in the world is always possible, of course, but work must be put in to it.

On the other hand, when you have instanced dungeons on top of that world you are regularly thrust into a group of people with the same goals, and the need to work together. This is nothing if not an opportunity to make friends. It takes nothing AWAY from the world, it only adds to it. I don't know how you can look at the opportunity to provide more methods for social interaction and say "no, I want less content please, I just want a massive map when 95% of players will be soloing their way to cap as quickly as possible to reach an endgame that hardly exists."

Posted

instanced dungeons make people stay in town to wait for queue. kills the open world aspect.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

This game is using a Guild Wars business model, which requires 3-4 expansions a year to be viable.  I think we will see lots of new content on a regular basis.

If they are hurting for content, why not do what other games have done, most notably City of Heroes?  Let players make missions, story arcs and dungeons!

My thinking is have an Architect system like CoH had.  Have guilds try out member made content, and if they like it, they can submit it to the 'test' server for evaluation.  If the test server grades it high enough, it goes to the games level maker for consideration and refinement.

EUREKA!  FREE CONTENT!  The devs can save a TON of time getting new content out, content that has gone through two layers of player evaluation before a developer ever sees it.

Players get a plethora of new things to do with every expansion, and guilds can get some form of prestige for submitting content that makes it to an expansion.  Of course, there needs to be a penalty to stuff that sucks.  If a guild submits content just for the prestige and it is terrible, then there should be a penalty to their prestige earnings.  I would think most submissions would do nothing, but a submission that makes it may give them a vanity statue for the guild hall, and for a limited amount of time (say 60 days) that statue gives members a minor buff (+23 damage or whatever; I'm not sure how they evaluate damage and armor yet). 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0