• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert = Pay2Win?

192 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just saw the cash shop....

so instead of gathering materials to make a boat, you are able to buy a god damn boat for 20€....

And there are pets and aoutfits which grants you some buffs.....for example +7% Exp......yes its not much, but it is an advantage...

Or a "cosmetic" armor costum with +10% Exp......so +17% EXP in total.....

Or instead of breeding and wait 2.5 hours to breed,. you are able to pay and breed instantly for 6€.... wtf`?

its like one of this damn mobile games "you have to wait 12h to finish this building, OR you buy some crystals from the cashshop to build it instantly"

Just why... ?

We already paid 30€, 50€ or even 100€ to play the game.....so why are you making sucha a terrible cash shop.... ?

you have just lied to us making the cashshop cosmetic-only......but its NOT !!!!

Source:

Edited by Faca
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

This discussion...

I personally find it BS and full of misinformation. Black Desert is 100% not P2W.

There are enough threads on this topic and if you took time to read them (Using the search function) you'd understand this.

Someone has already posted they announced there will be no boat/wagon purchase.

Edited by Glacial
9 people like this

Posted

o look its this thread again

1 person likes this

Posted

There's pay to go faster and there's pay to win.

Pay to win is stuff like having gear that gives +50 to all stats, grows with you while you level and give you 100% EXP boost. (AreiaGames) Or having weapon upgrades that you can ONLY get via cash shop.

Posted

define win

1 person likes this

Posted

how is it pay2win, if someone who spends 24/7 ingame vs working adults who has bills to pay it sort of even the playing field by a little bit..., but then we play the game to entertain and not waving your 2inch epeen...

Posted

Dear OP....

Kindly Shut Up.

2 people like this

Posted

There will always be a group of people that think every MMO created is P2W, imho Black Desert is not the benefits you gain from the cashshop are not game breaking.

Posted (edited)

There is no pay to win in Black Desert. There is nothing in shop that gives you 50 to all stats. It's cosmetic. You only get some XP bonuses and stuff. NO BONUS DMG AT ALl

Edited by Tommehboy

Posted (edited)

It's still the same you get advantage for paying more money = win. And it's the worse kind not even produced by players but pure server side bonuses.

Edited by DmZR
1 person likes this

Posted

I will never consider an exp boost as Pay to win.

Breeding I guess CAN be P2W since you can sell horses, so in a roundabout way you're buying money.

Posted (edited)

At first I though the same. But I changed my mind after actually playing the game, instead of just youtubing it :)

I have proof that a +1 suit can be crafted or dropped, whatever.

Edited by Madelief

Posted

4297041.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Troll Sonar Is off the charts.... new account one post :/

Posted

YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!

YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!

YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!YOU DON'T GET THE BOAT, YOU ONLY GET THE SKIN!

16 people like this

Posted

This game have many methods to play and earn money. You do not need to spend any real money at all to be able to be at the same lvl as people who use money. Everything is up to how much time you want to spend.

Posted

Pay2Win = getting an advantage over f2p

and thats exactly what it does.

3 people like this

Posted

Exp is the biggest pay to win it saves time you can focus more on economy or trading get more silver and upgrade your gear, you are ahead all the time compared to other person who didn't pay.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pay2Win = getting an advantage over f2p

and thats exactly what it does.

pls no :c

Posted (edited)

Just saw this and needed to copy paste it:

Maybe, if we're being technical, some of these things are not "pay-to-win", but the fact is that the term has evolved a bit, so what people refer to when saying p2w is most likely "imbalanced" or "unfair". Which these things all are.

Extra inventory space is unfair for the player who doesn't have it because if a company is greedy enough to do this, they're greedy enough to cut your inventory slots so short that you will want to, if not *need* to buy more space, the saddest and most notorious example being FF14, which despite being a subscription-based game, relies on cash shop retainers which I'll get to in a few.

Experience boosters are unfair because most MMORPGs have a competitive community, be in levelling, raiding, money-making, whatever. In the end, it all boils down to whoever can get to the max level the quickest and start doing the "things that matter most". Now, I'm not saying every player is like this, I certainly am not, but paying users will always have an advantage in whatever competitive content they're doing when the cap is raised, because they get to it faster. As an example, if you're interested in getting rich, the experience booster will allow you to get to the level cap faster than non-paying users, therefore gaining access to the best-selling items in the game, be it via crafting, gathering, raiding or anything else that's relevant for the current content.

Buying in-game currency can be good if it's two-sided and it might even have a good effect on the game's economy. I remember in PWI, I enjoyed trying to get money to buy cash shop items. There was (and still is, probably) a gold rate exchange that even fluctuated, so I have good thoughts of it. Ultimately I still prefer that the game's universe doesn't mix with real money, though.

Better chances at upgrading or crafting: You mentioned time here, but isn't that almost always the case? In most games, you can have the best gear granted you dedicate enough time. Paying users will just be able to do it much faster, that's where the imbalance comes from. A free user will have a much harder, annoying and frustrating time with this activity than a paying user. The game stops being a game when both ends of the spectrum aren't having fun, because the free user can only see frustration (as the game devs will most likely influence the balance towards the paying user) and the paying user will skip through the content by throwing money at it.

The rest I can agree on, but it largely depends on the game. In PWI for example, a faster mount meant better chances at escaping a PK or getting one. And buying gear in Rift allows for players with less experience to join raids they might not be prepared for.

Bottom of the line for me is: Never, ever, should the real world have influence in the game world. I can bear cosmetics, non-combat pets/mounts, different animations a la PoE, voice packs or anything superficial. I'm ok with that. But the moment that a paying user can get something faster, better, more easily or more conveniently than another, that's a small step towards greed that will only snowball into Treasure Boxes with a 0.01% chance of getting the most overpowered weapon in the game.

Edited by Dragnelus
7 people like this

Posted

4297041.jpg

Posted

compare with other mmos, this is not p2w.

Posted

i personaly like more monthly fees than shops :)

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't really know the definition of P2W. 

Eve Online has possibly gone full pay to win because you can now drop like 500 bucks, have fully fitted best ships with all the best skills. Don't know how to fly it? Read a few guides, done, you just skipped YEARS of grind others did.

Archeage is pay to win. I can literally swipe 1000 dollars and have the BEST gear score on the server and go around wiping the floor with everyone, just because I swiped, why play?

This game has NOTHING like that.

LOL bro, yes you can buy ship buy you buy it from another player that loses it moment he sells it to you in game, balance of goods is maintained all the time. Not to mention anyone can just kill your ship if you are noob lol.

Posted

I just saw the cash shop....

so instead of gathering materials to make a boat, you are able to buy a god damn boat for 20€....

And there are pets and aoutfits which grants you some buffs.....for example +7% Exp......yes its not much, but it is an advantage...

Or a "cosmetic" armor costum with +10% Exp......so +17% EXP in total.....

Or instead of breeding and wait 2.5 hours to breed,. you are able to pay and breed instantly for 6€.... wtf`?

its like one of this damn mobile games "you have to wait 12h to finish this building, OR you buy some crystals from the cashshop to build it instantly"

Just why... ?

We already paid 30€, 50€ or even 100€ to play the game.....so why are you making sucha a terrible cash shop.... ?

you have just lied to us making the cashshop cosmetic-only......but its NOT !!!!

Your concept of p2w is bogus. It's pay to progress, not pay to win.