• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert = Pay2Win?

192 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yes in some form of way every game with a cash shop you can buy more than cosmetics is "p2w", actually it's more like pay for a small advantage. Many will deny it, but the fact that you could pay a rather large amount to play for 4 days extra over others is an advantage straight off the bat. Though in saying that their is no real way to "win" an mmo, only way you win against others is in pvp and unless they outright let you buy better gear then it's still just pay for small advantages over others like every mmo with a cash shop.

I miss the days of £8 a month gives you the same level playing field and same access that everyone else got, then publishers realised they could get more out of people with a few costumes than they could an entire year of subs and people were like "wow we saving so much money, so cheap!".

In saying that I have still bought the game and am looking forward to playing it, looks great.

Edited by Sugalumps

Posted

It's not pay 2 win right up until the moment they allow Cash shop items to be sold on the AH.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just saw the cash shop....

so instead of gathering materials to make a boat, you are able to buy a god damn boat for 20€....

And there are pets and aoutfits which grants you some buffs.....for example +7% Exp......yes its not much, but it is an advantage...

Or a "cosmetic" armor costum with +10% Exp......so +17% EXP in total.....

Or instead of breeding and wait 2.5 hours to breed,. you are able to pay and breed instantly for 6€.... wtf`?

its like one of this damn mobile games "you have to wait 12h to finish this building, OR you buy some crystals from the cashshop to build it instantly"

Just why... ?

We already paid 30€, 50€ or even 100€ to play the game.....so why are you making sucha a terrible cash shop.... ?

you have just lied to us making the cashshop cosmetic-only......but its NOT !!!!

Source:

WoW (Insert other generic MMO with trading) has more Pay2win than Black Desert because you can trade gold and buy high level items to push you into raiding/pvp quicker. 

You can play BDO with no cash shop payments and still be competitive, the pets are very convenient and the weight is a pain but even so its a lot less pay2win than like 80 % of MMOs.

Posted

You get skill points for leveling, you are harder to hit, you have more life, you have more damage.

Stop talking exp is nothing lol, in a-game that is suppose to be PvP cometitive it's actually big advantage which can only be obtained by paying money. Either rules are the same for everybody or they don't in BDO rules aren't the same for everybody person who pays more get advantage that can only be obtained trough cash shop.

200.gif

Posted

You get skill points for leveling, you are harder to hit, you have more life, you have more damage.

Stop talking exp is nothing lol, in a-game that is suppose to be PvP cometitive it's actually big advantage which can only be obtained by paying money. Either rules are the same for everybody or they don't in BDO rules aren't the same for everybody person who pays more get advantage that can only be obtained trough cash shop.

But you dont "win" by wearing a costume. You have to grind to actually level up. So you achieve nothing with a costume if you dont grind. People without costumes can grind to. They just have to grind 10% harder.

Posted

use the search function next time before posting a thread that the forums have seen atleast 100 times already :( ... your answers are already in other threads man. 

Posted

And still they complain.

And then Daum gives them a 20% discount on pets. And they STILL complain.

Like I've said before, these people will complain and whine until they get everything for free. 

I find it strange that no one has picked up on how amazing, and almost revolutionary, BDO's game systems are in terms of stopping gold sellers/bots etc and providing a comprehensive solution for the issue of p2w. It really looks like the future direction of mmo game design. 

Posted

So is GW2 P2W too? Because if I follow your peoples logic if you can buy xp boosters (which you can in GW, lvl 100 boost in WoW) its P2W...lol wut? If you cant play for shit extra xp wont give you much and those extra 5 skill points wont do shit.

Posted

I find it strange that no one has picked up on how amazing, and almost revolutionary, BDO's game systems are in terms of stopping gold sellers/bots etc and providing a comprehensive solution for the issue of p2w. It really looks like the future direction of mmo game design. 

because they are whiny female dogs

I actually fully agree with you.

Posted (edited)

It's not unlimited advanatage BUT STILL a FCKING ADVANTAGE = pay 2 win

Well you can level without paying a cent so your argument is invalid. Thats not how life works no one is equal. Is rich the same as poor? If people play +14h a day you can have a +100% boost and wont even get close to them.

Edited by Coldless

Posted

just enjoy the first few months where it isn't full on p2w. Eventually you'll be able to buy a boost to level 50 -100

Its not a matter of the game "isn't full on p2w", BDO probably has the least amount of p2w in any mmo on the market. 

Posted

ban his forum account, and ingame too.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just saw the cash shop....

so instead of gathering materials to make a boat, you are able to buy a god damn boat for 20€....

And there are pets and aoutfits which grants you some buffs.....for example +7% Exp......yes its not much, but it is an advantage...

Or a "cosmetic" armor costum with +10% Exp......so +17% EXP in total.....

Or instead of breeding and wait 2.5 hours to breed,. you are able to pay and breed instantly for 6€.... wtf`?

its like one of this damn mobile games "you have to wait 12h to finish this building, OR you buy some crystals from the cashshop to build it instantly"

Just why... ?

We already paid 30€, 50€ or even 100€ to play the game.....so why are you making sucha a terrible cash shop.... ?

you have just lied to us making the cashshop cosmetic-only......but its NOT !!!!

are-you-serious-98599419824.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

you guys clearly did not watch or understand the video

Posted (edited)

It's not unlimited advanatage BUT STILL a FCKING ADVANTAGE = pay 2 win

eh no u dont u haven't even played it yet i bet. 

you dont get more dmg, you do not get skill points and u do only get a small health extra 1-3 Hp at max and the time to lvl beyound 50 is insane and slow.

exp is useless as u level fast enough without it.

how is that a advantage? your not paying for anything but useless Xp. 

i am lvl 50 and i have not gotten one skill points from leveling up but i do get for killing monsters WHich is NOT a level up.

Edited by EternalPain

Posted

you guys clearly did not watch or understand the video

It has only been posted like 20-30 times here, so of course not... WhoTF cares about some whiney ass baby who cries about the smallest things ????

Posted

black desert is already known for the biggest mmo in a long time and with no p2w elements its just even better.

Xp is not a p2w element.

buying something for real money that translate to power = p2w however this doesnt exist

Posted

no it isnt dont be a tool..... zzzzzz

Posted (edited)

eh no u dont u haven't even played it yet i bet. 

you dont get more dmg, you do not get skill points and u do only get a small health extra 1-3 Hp at max and the time to lvl beyound 50 is insane and slow.

exp is useless as u level fast enough without it.

how is that a advantage? your not paying for anything but useless Xp. 

i am lvl 50 and i have not gotten one skill points from leveling up but i do get for killing monsters WHich is NOT a level up.

You get more exp and more skill points than person who invest the same amount of time but won't use cash shop.

Even if it's just progreess, it still pay 2 win, since it saves time = you can spend more time building you bankroll of silver and buy the best items before anyone else.

This is the pure definition of advantage.

I guess u the one who like to pay for advantage that's why u defend it lol.

Edited by DmZR
1 person likes this

Posted

4297041.jpg

Posted (edited)

You get more exp and more skill points than person who invest the same amount of time but won't use cash shop.

This is the pure devinition of advantage.

I guess u the one who like to pay for advantage that's why u defend it lol.

eh no u dont lol..

skill point is based on kills not exp. the more kills u do the more skill points.

just learn the difference already loser.

exp is never a p2w element regardless of how u look.

the fact u are saying this shit means u have not played the game and u have not seen the game and u have not yet seen the cash shop. so just stop trying to pretend like u know something u dont

Edited by EternalPain
1 person likes this

Posted

If u people think this game is pay2won then please go uninstall , i can't read that bs stuff u guys write lel or i suggestion u to do some research wut mean pay2won for real if the pets for u is p2w then lel pls go die :x ... this game is totally balanced u doesn't pushed to purchase anything from the item mall to be better small thing like pets doesn't make it p2w at all since u can easily farm money yourself by just spamming pick up during farm so yea there is totally nothing which make this game p2w ...

Posted

eh no u dont lol..

skill point is based on kills not exp. the more kills u do the more skill points.

just learn the difference already loser.

exp is never a p2w element regardless of how u look.

the fact u are saying this shit means u have not played the game and u have not seen the game and u have not yet seen the cash shop. so just stop trying to pretend like u know something u dont

Ehh, man just don't be ridicilous please, one person can Get 20% exp+ bonuses from cash shop, this simply mean he will gain more exp than everybody else who don't pay. This is how people will get to top leaderboards in rankings but you still deny it's advantage. You work less hard and get more exp more stuff more levels.

And don't speak about stat advantage you clearly don't know how game mechanics work in BDO, just the simple fact accuracy scales from level means you get advantage in PvP while being on hgiher level character.

1 person likes this

Posted

It has only been posted like 20-30 times here, so of course not... WhoTF cares about some whiney ass baby who cries about the smallest things ????

I actually have watched the video a few days ago, and yep people keep posting it

Ehh, man just don't be ridicilous please, one person can Get 20% exp+ bonuses from cash shop, this simply mean he will gain more exp than everybody else who don't pay. This is how people will get to top leaderboards in rankings but you still deny it's advantage. You work less hard and get more exp more stuff more levels.

And don't speak about stat advantage you clearly don't know how game mechanics work in BDO, just the simple fact accuracy scales from level means you get advantage in PvP while being on hgiher level character.

then don't play the game. Are there any MMOs out now without a cash shop? 

Posted

Christ people. There were lvl 45-50 players on DAY ONE... WITHOUT A CASH SHOP IN THE GAME YET. Buy all the xp boosts you -----ing want, it won't matter. It's not pay to win. 

1 person likes this