• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Launching a game 5 hours late looks really bad for a company.

540 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry.  I would defend them... the actual impact of the "screw ups" has been minimal and I was on the affected channel.  I have been playing non stop since Sunday.  The game is fricking amazing.

The game has nothing to do with Daum, it's Pearl Abyss...

Posted

I've got conq pack so this really doesn't affect me a whole lot. I've played more hours than Id like to admit already. 

That said the smart thing to do would have been take the servers down last night and latched before hand. 

If your launch date has been shown as 8 am UTC it should be up at 8 am.

On the plus side we'll probably get GM apology buff from this 

Posted (edited)

And BDO is not even new. This game launched in 2014. I could forgive them if this would be legitimate beta and first launch but jeez to ----- up this now? Their incompetence started to scare me.

That's a total BS argument. You go try translating an entire game's worth of code from one language to another that have completely different roots and see how many mistakes get made on the first try.

Edited by sans19

Posted

It's only a couple of hours for one day, get over yourself. You must have something better to do then cry on the forums.

Posted

I simply have the lowest standards for launches, experience has taught me not to stress about it. Also the people that would be "refunding" are the toddlers that started screaming the second they didn't get their own way and would be back in a week anyways. 

truth, I slightly understood it when people mistakenly thought they were getting headstart access, but if you want a refund right now you're literally an idiot (but for my reference I was mostly referring to how they handled that fiasco earlier)

Posted

Oh my bad. Thank you for correcting it.

Yes, some of you should go off and play Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Who says I don't already have a level 100 snugglemage?

Posted

See this everyone? This is what we call MISSING THE POINT ENTIRELY.

Let us look at the title of this thread,

"Launching a game 4 hours late looks really bad for a company"

The point is that they need to handle an Official Launch, not my words, but theirs, properly.

This has NOTHING to do with gametime. 

See this everyone? This is what we call BEING A FORUM ASSHOLE.

Posted

Agreed. This is a terrible start for an unknown company who has still to prove itself. Question is why does these great Asian MMOs end up with companies like Trion and Daum? Why not a reputable MMO company?

Haha look at this, aint it hilarious.

I'll give you a big hint, daum publishes this in KR too. lol. 

Posted

So.. why didn't they shut down the server 8 hours prior to the official, advertised launch time? 

probaly becouse there was no need for that just yet?

theres plent of stuff you can tweak and do before you shut it down you know?

and remember people who work at pearl abyss are still just people, not organised work robots

Posted

Worst company ever. Put a 8 hours maintenance on release day. WOW.. And probably there will be a patch too after that scandal. The funny part is i paid them to play their games... 

Posted

That's a total BS argument. You go try translating an entire game's worth of code from one language to another that have completely different roots and see how many mistakes get made on the first try.

Because it's irresponsible to make sure everything works right before releasing a patch.

/sarcasm

thats some bullshit if i've ever heard any

are you seriously trying to -----ing tell me right now

that they REWROTE the code from another computer language? hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yeah its a bad thing because we want to play but its better then them leaving what ever they are doin and letting it come out with bugs ect then it will look even worse for the because alot of people would be having issues ect so yeah you can say it looks bad but it dont look as bad as people crying about issues how old are you?12 just have some patients damn

Edited by purple245

Posted

It's only a couple of hours for one day, get over yourself. You must have something better to do then cry on the forums.

I wish that were true man but in this day and age this is it for some people. 

Their existence in a nutshell. 

Posted

As one working adult to another, this is hardly something to be ticked about. Watch a movie like you would've done if this game WEREN'T coming out today. Fill your time with something you enjoy instead of being bothered by something we all knew was going to happen anyways.Netflix and league + this forum are keeping me highly entertained.

NO! I refuse to NETFLIX and League...And who does that anyway?! This was the only thing saving my life!!!! I was gonna jump off a roof yesterday but I said NOPE, not today satan! BDO is going to be there in the morning, I can't let it down...but look, LOOK AT ME....No one cares about letting me down! No cares about what I NEED!

tumblr_mkhps4J3Lw1rnikqmo2_250.gif

Look at the top.
Planned Roadmap.

Not even to mention under law unforseen difficulties can and do take place.

Yes it sucks things are delayed.

It happens. Will continue to happen. And other then -----ing like children there is NOTHING that you or anyone else has any legal right to do about it.

Don't tell me what my rights are! You don't know what I have the right to do! You're not the constitution! 

*Disclaimer* I'm bored and just felt like being hysterically nonsensical...It's what I'm doing while waiting to get in game...tah

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

55666161.thumb.jpg.6881450ab5e7b91dce9b5

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed. This is a terrible start for an unknown company who has still to prove itself. Question is why does these great Asian MMOs end up with companies like Trion and Daum? Why not a reputable MMO company?

Most MMO companies are pretty shit, can't really think of one off the top of my head that stands out as particularly exceptional. At least none that aren't also the producers/developers of their own games.

Posted

Kek, out of popcorn

Posted

See this everyone? This is what we call BEING A FORUM ASSHOLE.

Glad you are staying on topic. Attacking someone personally signifies you have nothing to contribute to the debate, which is fine, but don't pretend to.

Posted

Well great that you're not the one bragging about something on the forum... oh wait.

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

Actually, the fact that we have been playing it full on for a few days now and they have been monitoring the servers since the "snafu" tells me they are very on it and ready to make it better. Relax...you'll get your chance and we'll all be better for it knowing the game is playing nice.

Posted

I've yet to play ANY MMO that didn't have some issues on launch day. Just sayin.

Posted

Who says I don't already have a level 100 snugglemage?

probaly becouse from level 50 to level 52 takes 2x the play time, and last time i checked there were only a hand full lvl 50's

Posted (edited)

This has to be these people's first MMO. If the biggest hiccup we get today is a 2 hour delay, I'm as happy as can be.

I wish that were true man but in this day and age this is it for some people. 

Their existence in a nutshell. 

Edited by Roey
I'm functionally a child

Posted

you cant, I think you better leave and never come back

Posted

As one working adult to another, this is hardly something to be ticked about. Watch a movie like you would've done if this game WEREN'T coming out today. Fill your time with something you enjoy instead of being bothered by something we all knew was going to happen anyways.Netflix and league + this forum are keeping me highly entertained.

was reading some guides of the game, did some stuff, and now just relaxing listening to music. Could do it for hours but hope its not needed :P